Spider-Man: Secret Identity

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, this is something that I've been thinking about for a while. It started when I read the miniseries Superman: Secret Identity, which has become my favorite Superman story to date, and it got me thinking. Basically, what if Marvel did the same thing with Spider-Man? What if they did a story, set in the real world, where Marvel characters are all fictional, but a boy named Peter Parker suddenly develops powers like Spider-Man's?

#2 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Okay, this is something that I've been thinking about for a while. It started when I read the miniseries Superman: Secret Identity, which has become my favorite Superman story to date, and it got me thinking. Basically, what if Marvel did the same thing with Spider-Man? What if they did a story, set in the real world, where Marvel characters are all fictional, but a boy named Peter Parker suddenly develops powers like Spider-Man's?

Wouldn't happen. If it was the real world, the real boy Peter Parker would (pick an option) A. Not get the powers, but have a completely dead arm B. Not get the powers, but he'd be brain dead, and become a vegetable that they would have to pull the plug on, C. Not get the powers, and just die from radiation poisoning instantly D. Not get the powers, and get run over by the car that almost hit him in Amazing Fantasy number 15 E. not get the powers, and get squished to death when he hallucinates from the spider bite, thinks he has powers, and goes against Crusher Hogan in the wrestling match, or any other option that ends with him not getting the powers, but him dying from the radiation. Peter does not live a happy life in the real world from the spider bite.

Radiation is dangerous and deadly. End of Story.

The most legit superhero to do a story about for Marvel would be the Punisher, since he has no powers, or maybe even Iron man, since he has no powers either, just his suit, but then again, he has some problems too, but Punisher is probably still the way to go.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

Wouldn't happen. If it was the real world, the real boy Peter Parker would (pick an option) A. Not get the powers, but have a completely dead arm B. Not get the powers, but he'd be brain dead, and become a vegetable that they would have to pull the plug on, C. Not get the powers, and just die from radiation poisoning instantly D. Not get the powers, and get run over by the car that almost hit him in Amazing Fantasy number 15 E. not get the powers, and get squished to death when he hallucinates from the spider bite, thinks he has powers, and goes against Crusher Hogan in the wrestling match, or any other option that ends with him not getting the powers, but him dying from the radiation. Peter does not live a happy life in the real world from the spider bite.

Radiation is dangerous and deadly. End of Story.

The most legit superhero to do a story about for Marvel would be the Punisher, since he has no powers, or maybe even Iron man, since he has no powers either, just his suit, but then again, he has some problems too, but Punisher is probably still the way to go.

I'm not saying TOTALLY like Spidey's origin. In Secret Identity they NEVER revealed what gave that version of Clark Kent his powers. He was born as a human, so alien is out. I mean real world Peter Parker just randomly gets the powers to stick to walls, is stronger, faster, and can spin webs(Most logical sense mechanical webshooters are a LONG way off from being a reality).

#4 Edited by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man is clearly Flash Thomson!!, He even owns a Spider-man suit!!

Just kidding, I haven't read the storyline, but I will look for it.

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said: It's a miniseries written by Kurt Busiek and art by Stuart Immonen. It's a really good series, kind of a "What if Superboy-Prime wasn't a whiny homicidal maniac?" story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.