Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

spider-man's intelligence

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cresShadow

one of the most unappreciated aspects of spider-man is hands down his smarts. I've been looking all over in different respect threads to see some decent feats of spider-man using his brain over his fist and I cant seem to find any. I've collected a few myself but I was wondering if anyone had any scans or issues to reference of spider-man intellectual skill

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skyleat
    No Caption Provided

He repaired the Cosmic Cube

HollowMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HollowMode

Take note that when peter has funds he makes incredible shit , but he's always POOR AS FUCK.

You see the cosmic cube scan you posted? that's amazing , what's even more amazing is that he's making it with super cheap equipment

I'm just copy-pasting a comment from another user in another thread

"Peter is an absolute genius. He is for sure one of the smartest on Marvel Earth, maybe not in the top 5 but he's up there. He is a great forward thinker, has plenty of knowledge on machinery and engineering, he's great at prep and of course is a super-genius when it comes to science.

1. Makes an electromagnetic pulse in matter of seconds, in middle of fight, using nothing but couple of circuits from someone’s weapon systems.
    2. Creates a serum for a flesh-eating disease in a matter of minutes.
    3. Figures out a way to beat Morlun by studying his DNA. He irradiates himself and then, as he isn’t “pure” anymore, he can hurt Morlun with his blows and beat him down. Nice durability feat too, seeing as he takes all that radiation and stays alive. Shows Spidey’s knowledge concerning radiation too.

4. Hank Pym states he is smarter then himself
    5. Equaled the intelligence scored reed richards posted when he was his age
    6. Creates a serum to fuse doc ocks tentacle arms
    7. creates an override code to overide iron mans safeguards. Shows impressive forward thinking and machinery knowledge
    8. creates royal water to dissolve gold in minutes

Go to this website for the scans: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingAvengerMarvel/news/?a=48785

And those scans aren't even from the present. He has also:

1. Created many, many battle armours showing his ability at prep. Suits include anti-sinister six, anti-massacre, electro-proof armour, insulated armour, a stealth suit and probably more...
    2. Created many gadgets while he was at the beggining of his career - so during his teenage years: spider-tracer, web-shooters, a web formula as tough as steel and a spider-signal.
    3. Currently he has made acidic webbing, magnetic webbing, Spider-Glider, Thermodynamic Foam, Cryo Pellets, voice activated web-shooters. Probably even more gadgets...
    4. He is currently a super-scientist at horizon labs
    5. Makes many, many witty jokes showing that he's a fast thinker
    6. In big time issue 1 he figures out how to stop a massive nuke before even iron man and reed richards. This is just one example..."
    Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Top 5 in Marvel for sure. He is surely under Reed, Doom, and Pym. Probably slightly under Banner.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.