Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Origin Stories.

Avatar image for concernedspiderfan
    ConcernedSpiderFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Family Business out next year I was wondering if you wrote a story revisiting Peter's origin/powers/family what would you do?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would make him a mutated spider who only thought he had the memories of a man named Peter Parker, and everyone would all like "whoa". Nailed it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I would make the Origin of the Spider which bit him........his/her love life,everyday struggle,after biting Peter Parker,and all that.What led him/her to bite this boy.......who knows what we're gonna find out!

The book : "The Amazing Spider..."

ConcernedSpiderFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what I'd write in 616 if Peter came back and had recovered a bit from Superior For me the important thing is explaining how he survived the radioactive spider bite. I'd bring in a character like Mystique to explain it as a kind of friend of the family. Peter Parker's great grandfather would be an alternate version of Spider-Man Noir a Proto-X gene carrier (Making Proto-X up increases intelligence and allowed user to survive crazy mutations) the spiders that bit him carried a retro-virus that gave him spider powers. He dated the original Black Cat but died in battle after knocking up a redhead. Peter's grandfather wanted to be Spider-Man but his powers were dormant. Mystique was a friend of the original Black Cat Felicia's great grandmother and she made a vow to her family to set one of their descendants with one of Spider-Man's. Both Richard and Ben Parker knew about the power locked within them Ben didn't let it change his life but Richard was obsessed and experimented on himself in college to no avail. Joining the Army the CIA and SHIELD before meeting Mary and falling in love. Mary's mother was a stranded Pink Kree who fell in love with her father agent Will Fitzpatrick. Mary didn't find out until she was hospitalized as a teen for "asthma" Mystique was Richard's supervisor at the agency for a couple months and they knew each others deal. Richard's mad scientist act ended with his marriage he really did love her Peter Teresa possibly Pity. Mary didn't tell her she was half Kree until a week after she announced her pregnancy cue mad scientist act. Richard decides he's not going to experiment on his kids but that he wants this epic Mega Captain America legacy so he creates an embryo for a genetically altered clone of Red Sonja. Anna Watson worked briefly at wherever he did this and tells her cash strapped brother there willing to pay for a volunteer. The clone is implanted in his wife and becomes Mary Jane. So Ben knew he was going to be Spider-Man his parents knew Anna Watson knew Mystique knew and has found out again. The only person who didn't was his Aunt May. Walter Hardy knew and actually sent the burglar to Peter's house the burglar was instructed not to kill anyone and Walter considered it a dowry and a last job before he retired. He brought Felicia up telling her stories about the Spider and the Cat which is the source of her infatuation and why she prefers the Black Suit. Mystique or "Aunt Raven" as Felicia knew her tried to get her to meet Peter a few times unsuccessfully. All the meddling of both parties in his love life was spoiled by him meeting Gwen who wasn't involved in any agenda. In regards to Richard and Mary's death the Gentlemen was actually part of an anti-mutant cult behind all of the anti-mutant stuff that traces back to Ptolemaic times they have a new leader that wants to eliminate Peter's family. Peter's Kree DNA allowed his body to absorb the radiation from the spider-bite and the reaction combined with the antigens of the spider-venom activated his powers. The Revelations would begin with Felicia getting past the psychic barriers at great cost to herself and recovering all of her pre OMD character development and receiving a little help from Raven. Peter would be devastated by this knowledge it seems as if he's a lab experiment with all the major decisions in his life made for him but he would get over it more determined than ever ready to face 100 very fresh issues of obstacles. He would try to reconnect with Teresa and Pity. Mary Jane is still after all this time incapable of getting over people and she has been aware of the deal the whole time so Mephisto feels threatened so he trashes the psychic barriers so everyone knows who he is. Green Goblin comes captures his loved ones and has supervillains ready to kill them in separate locations. To make things really crazy It seems absolutely hopeless for Peter but in fighting Fusion he absorbs an immense amount of energy and divides into Spider-X Spider-Kree and Super-Spider and manages to save everyone. And so begins some new adventures.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Gonna do a quick readability edit on this. Grammar edits and added links only unless marked in [braces] to denote paraphrasing. Hope you don't mind.

This is what I'd write in 616 if Peter came back and had recovered a bit from Superior:

For me the important thing is explaining how he survived the radioactive spider bite. I'd bring in a character like Mystique to explain it as a kind of friend of the family.

Peter Parker's great grandfather would be an alternate version of Spider-Man Noir, a Proto-X gene carrier (Making Proto-X up increases intelligence and allowed user to survive crazy mutations). The spider that bit him carried a retro-virus that gave him spider powers. He dated the original Black Cat but died in battle after knocking up a redhead. Peter's grandfather wanted to be Spider-Man but his powers were dormant. Mystique was a friend of the original Black Cat Felicia's great grandmother and she made a vow to her family to set [up] one of their descendants with one of Spider-Man's.

Both Richard and Ben Parker knew about the power locked within them. Ben didn't let it change his life but Richard was obsessed and experimented on himself in college to no avail. Joining the Army the CIA and SHIELD before meeting Mary and falling in love. Mary's mother was a stranded Pink Kree who fell in love with her father agent Will Fitzpatrick. Mary didn't find out until she was hospitalized as a teen for "asthma". Mystique was Richard's supervisor at the agency for a couple months and they knew each others deal. Richard's mad scientist act ended with his marriage, [but] he really did love her, [and possibly Teresa & Pity]. Mary didn't tell her she was half Kree until a week after she announced her pregnancy cue mad scientist act.

Richard decides he's not going to experiment on his kids but that he wants this epic Mega Captain America legacy so he creates an embryo for a genetically altered clone of Red Sonja. Anna Watson worked briefly at wherever he did this and tells her cash-strapped brother [they're] willing to pay for a volunteer. The clone [embryo] is implanted in his wife and becomes Mary Jane.

So Ben knew [Peter] was going to be Spider-Man [and] [Peter's] parents knew [that] Anna Watson [was aware] Mystique had [discovered this]. The only person who didn't [know] was [Peter's] Aunt May. Walter Hardy knew and actually sent the burglar to Peter's house; the burglar was instructed not to kill anyone and Walter considered it a dowry and a last job before he retired. He brought Felicia up telling her stories about the Spider and the Cat which is the source of her infatuation and why she prefers the Black Suit. Mystique or "Aunt Raven" as Felicia knew her tried to get her to meet Peter a few times unsuccessfully.

All the meddling of both parties in [Parker's] love life was spoiled by him meeting Gwen, who wasn't involved in any agenda. In regards to Richard and Mary's death, the Gentlemen was actually part of an anti-mutant cult behind all of the anti-mutant stuff that traces back to Ptolemaic times they have a new leader that wants to eliminate Peter's family.

Peter's Kree DNA allowed his body to absorb the radiation from the spider-bite and the reaction combined with the antigens of the spider-venom activated his powers. The revelations would begin with Felicia getting past the psychic barriers at great cost to herself and recovering all of her pre-OMD character development and receiving a little help from Raven. Peter would be devastated by this knowledge it seems as if he's a lab experiment with all the major decisions in his life made for him but he would get over it more determined than ever ready to face 100 very fresh issues of obstacles.

He would try to reconnect with Teresa and Pity. Mary Jane is still after all this time, incapable of getting over people. [Also,] she has been aware of the deal the whole time so Mephisto feels threatened so he trashes the psychic barriers so everyone knows who he is. Green Goblin comes [and] captures [Peter's] loved ones and has supervillains ready to kill them in separate locations. To make things really crazy It seems absolutely hopeless for Peter but in fighting Fusion he absorbs an immense amount of energy and divides into Spider-X, Spider-Kree, and Super-Spider and manages to save everyone. And so begins some new adventures.

Okay, I followed some of that. So summarizing:

• Genetically, Parker is essentially some sort of naturally occurring parallel to the Inhumans. This comes as a combination of a pseudo-X-gene and Kree heritage.
    • Peter's unique heritage allows him to survive the radioactive spider bite and grants him his powers.
    • Aware of the powerful Parker bloodline, various interested parties seek to control the breeding of this bloodline (i.e., Peter's love life) so that they can create meta-weapons they control. These separate parties include: Richard Parker (breed with Mary Jane, a Red Sonja clone), Mephisto (allied with Richard/Mary Jane), Ben Parker (leave Peter alone), Mystique (breed with Felicia Hardy), Walter Hardy (allied with Mystique), and The Gentleman (kill Parker).
    • Peter defies manipulations and instead falls for Gwen Stacy. (Implied this is why she was killed.)
    • Somebody puts in psychic barriers on people, especially Felicity, that do something, but somebody else (Mephisto I guess) removes them?
    • There's two people named Teresa & Pity who are related somehow to the Gentlemen and are friends with Peter?
    • Peter can split himself into many aspects of his personality? And then these recombine later? Maybe?

Seems like a combination of the Mister Sinister storyline with the Summers/Grey bloodlines, the recent Tony Stark revelations, and one hell of an acid trip.

ConcernedSpiderFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the work fodigg. In response to your summary

I don't know why you think that Mephisto is somehow allied with Richard/Mary Jane he wanted their marriage AND their souls (which are of no use to him unless he can corrupt the two enough) he doesn't have them but because of the results of the deal it’s very likely to happen in the future.

Peter's love for Gwen is the one love he's had without any manipulation I suppose it could be the reason she was killed but it’s entirely Norman's doing. Peter has already had to deal with Madame Web and Ezekiel it stinks Peter has to go from feeling as if having just come out of Superior he still has no control over his life that things are predestined this has to be overcome as he learns that he has defied everybody’s expectations and is his own person. That foreknowledge doesn’t conflict with free will. And that contrived or not love is still love.

The Psychic blind spots from OMD/OMIT affected everyone the purpose was to keep Peter lying about his identity before the deal though there are very good reason for it that was pretty much the only obstacle to him being a perfect hero. After Peter leaves from what was almost another hook up Felicia breaks through after nine hours through a combination of curiosity and willpower fighting the force that kills everyone’s concern about it. Peter and Mary Jane have been more or less coming together and Superior failed to stop them Mephisto acts cheated even though Mary Jane knows that he didn’t own up to any part of the deal and is you know the father of the lie. Pissed he removes the blind spots so that Peter’s enemies are all free to get there revenge and tells her that if she lets him know the truth he’ll kill him as the sore loser he is. Essentially the better Peter is as a person or closer he is to working things out the more pressure the universe will put on him after recovering from Superior his death would be only because he’s been successfully corrupted or out of anger at his success.

Teresa and possibly Pity are Peter’s biological sisters the Gentleman is long dead but his cult wants to wipe the family out along with all mutants. It has something to do with how the ancient world reacted to Apocalypse.

Peter can split himself into three different bodies with different power sets and personalities that differentiate on a time-factor.

There are five points to this. 1. Explain how the spider gave him his powers 2. Fuel more stories 3. Fix OMD 4. Explain how Spider-Man is the center of the Marvel Universe how he is as Sentry once said everything. 5. Give Peter a place to grow to be a more awesome hero than ever before.

I admit that there are similarities to the Mister Sinister thing I didn’t know about that story until I was about half way working this idea out. Don’t get me started on that Tony Stark thing. This is one hell of an acid trip but if you actually saw something like this in the comics fans how would you respond? Would it be any better than the totem thing?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@concernedspiderfan: You should totally quit whatever sh.. you are smoking, it isn’t good for you

ConcernedSpiderFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: Thank you I invite you to insult me I want feedback on this concept and don’t want to be babied I confess that this idea is probably very stupid it’s a fanfic. But please if anyone wants to insult me base it on this story or since I haven’t even seen recreational drugs on these facts.

I’m an 18 year old religious male with a 170 IQ and I’m saving sex for marriage.

Go ahead I won’t fight back there is not one person on earth I hate.

Now this discussion is about everyone’s ideas for a Spider-Man origin story I wanted to hear what other fans have thought off.

To finish off this “drug fueled” story.

It would fix Sins Past (A story which while still canonical simply does not fit the passage of time in ASM) by revealing that the Gwen that Norman impregnated was a hypnotize clone. Which makes sense because both Warren and Norman have had their creepy eyes on her long before Peter met her. It also makes sense because Norman funded Warren and Warren does hypnotize most of his clones and I cannot think of any other explanation why one of the Stacy clones ended up married to a Warren clone.

Mr. Sinister would become involved in the story eventually finding out about Peter’s bloodline he’d extort Mystique into manipulating him and before that she makes him doubt what he had with Carol because he produces Kree pheromones he could be just a replacement for Captain Marvel.

To review Peter is part spider part mutant and part alien but he is more than the sum of his parts he is an individual.

If you are wondering what I would do if I wrote Goblin Nation I’d surprise everyone in the final battle and have Spock outright killed by the Goblin King. His body would be divinely resurrected in the morgue without Otto’s mind not by Peter’s own merit. He’d have all his memories back and a life as trashed as we can imagine to rebuild.

I’m done it’s your turns.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll do one in a little bit, be advised it will be similar to the origin in the Amazing Spider-Man movie.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what I'd write in 616 if Peter came back and had recovered a bit from Superior For me the important thing is explaining how he survived the radioactive spider bite. I'd bring in a character like Mystique to explain it as a kind of friend of the family. Peter Parker's great grandfather would be an alternate version of Spider-Man Noir a Proto-X gene carrier (Making Proto-X up increases intelligence and allowed user to survive crazy mutations) the spiders that bit him carried a retro-virus that gave him spider powers. He dated the original Black Cat but died in battle after knocking up a redhead. Peter's grandfather wanted to be Spider-Man but his powers were dormant. Mystique was a friend of the original Black Cat Felicia's great grandmother and she made a vow to her family to set one of their descendants with one of Spider-Man's. Both Richard and Ben Parker knew about the power locked within them Ben didn't let it change his life but Richard was obsessed and experimented on himself in college to no avail. Joining the Army the CIA and SHIELD before meeting Mary and falling in love. Mary's mother was a stranded Pink Kree who fell in love with her father agent Will Fitzpatrick. Mary didn't find out until she was hospitalized as a teen for "asthma" Mystique was Richard's supervisor at the agency for a couple months and they knew each others deal. Richard's mad scientist act ended with his marriage he really did love her Peter Teresa possibly Pity. Mary didn't tell her she was half Kree until a week after she announced her pregnancy cue mad scientist act. Richard decides he's not going to experiment on his kids but that he wants this epic Mega Captain America legacy so he creates an embryo for a genetically altered clone of Red Sonja. Anna Watson worked briefly at wherever he did this and tells her cash strapped brother there willing to pay for a volunteer. The clone is implanted in his wife and becomes Mary Jane. So Ben knew he was going to be Spider-Man his parents knew Anna Watson knew Mystique knew and has found out again. The only person who didn't was his Aunt May. Walter Hardy knew and actually sent the burglar to Peter's house the burglar was instructed not to kill anyone and Walter considered it a dowry and a last job before he retired. He brought Felicia up telling her stories about the Spider and the Cat which is the source of her infatuation and why she prefers the Black Suit. Mystique or "Aunt Raven" as Felicia knew her tried to get her to meet Peter a few times unsuccessfully. All the meddling of both parties in his love life was spoiled by him meeting Gwen who wasn't involved in any agenda. In regards to Richard and Mary's death the Gentlemen was actually part of an anti-mutant cult behind all of the anti-mutant stuff that traces back to Ptolemaic times they have a new leader that wants to eliminate Peter's family. Peter's Kree DNA allowed his body to absorb the radiation from the spider-bite and the reaction combined with the antigens of the spider-venom activated his powers. The Revelations would begin with Felicia getting past the psychic barriers at great cost to herself and recovering all of her pre OMD character development and receiving a little help from Raven. Peter would be devastated by this knowledge it seems as if he's a lab experiment with all the major decisions in his life made for him but he would get over it more determined than ever ready to face 100 very fresh issues of obstacles. He would try to reconnect with Teresa and Pity. Mary Jane is still after all this time incapable of getting over people and she has been aware of the deal the whole time so Mephisto feels threatened so he trashes the psychic barriers so everyone knows who he is. Green Goblin comes captures his loved ones and has supervillains ready to kill them in separate locations. To make things really crazy It seems absolutely hopeless for Peter but in fighting Fusion he absorbs an immense amount of energy and divides into Spider-X Spider-Kree and Super-Spider and manages to save everyone. And so begins some new adventures.

While I don't think this story fits very well with Spider-man's character, it is certainly very creative. Maybe try and turn some of this creativity on a character that isn't as grounded and down-to-earth as Spider-man, because I think you really could have something there for a different character.

And kudos for the addition of Pity and the Gentlmen. Those novels were my gateway into Spider-man, and I still read them about once a year. I wish they were more well known, as they're still in my top 5 super hero stories.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By angelalfonso

@concernedspiderfan:

Seriously, people should stop taking me seriously; most of my posts are not meant to be offensive, they are only jokes and only that.

Sorry if I offended you

ConcernedSpiderFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.