Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Monster Truck

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

When did the Spider-Mobile hulk out?

No Caption Provided

Before the car was juicing...
     Before the car was juicing...

Nelson Ribeiro of Marvel trades’ official blog recently journeyed to Uniondale, NY’s Nassau Coliseum for the Monster Jam Freestyle Mania (Mania... mania... mania!).   There he witnessed Spidey’s latest incarnation in the licensing multiverse.   You’ve already got 1602 English apprentice Spidey and EARTH X burnt-out cop Spidey and toothpaste Spidey and underwear Spidey… now, you have the furious, crushing, big-wheeling MONSTER TRUCK SPIDEY!

Samson. Crazy Train. Rap Attack. Avenger. Grave Digger (GRAVE DIGGAH!!! RAWK…!). It sounds like the line-up of a new super-team (maybe the SECRET AVENGERS?). Actually, those were the competitors Spidey squared off against in a monster truck wheelie Contest of Champions.

“And who won?” you ask, with fervor.

Spider-Man, of course. The dude can take on Sinister Six already. He can handle the Monster Truck Five.

Now, if I were the driver, I’d jump out of the truck and start doing the dirty bird all around the stadium. But according to Ribeiro, Spidey’s driver was a much more gracious winner than I and…

…living up to the Spider-man code of ethics [ he] ran up into the crowd and gave his trophy away to one lucky fan!

A totally RAD fiasco.
     A totally RAD fiasco.

Why wasn’t I invited to this? I love monster trucks. I wasn’t even there and I can already smell in my “mind’s nose” that distinct smoky aroma of cigars, beer, churros, diesel fuel and pandemonium that surely filled the arena.

In addition to the monster truck madness, there were apparently free-style motorcross, BMX and all other kinds of performances going on, as well. I can already picture the tie-ins. A Ghost Rider motorcycle blazing around the stadium.   A Daredevil BMX pulling off the death-defying 50-foot-high spins and flips that Ribeiro describes.

But enough of my fantasy associations, Comic Vine community. I’ve got the big wheel turning here - - let’s hear yours!

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Marshal Victory

Cant resist.. must say it.. "sunday ,SUNDAY,SUNDAY!!!" cant help but think of the simpsons going to the car crushing bone splintering monster truck ralley.They stoped bieing truck bodies long ago.Seems their used to be a hulk one as well .
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Marshal Victory

Ah Hah! found a vid at least  for the hulk one.. 

an batman even. 

An here spider man in action .
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Chane

They should put it in the film. 

I am probably joking.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.