Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man maxed out.

• 69 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d9d7fe24829
    deactivated-57d9d7fe24829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

How strong do you guys figure Spidey would be able to lift with his power upgrade from The Other story arc, while being permanetly bonded to the Symbiote?
    I've always wondered this. 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Current Symbiote, for some reason, can lift about 100 tons, so I'm guessing that'd be the limit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt:
    Oh wow!
    But I meant the Symbiote when he originally got it. 
    That's pretty impressive though.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

@DarkSpidey21 said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt: Oh wow!But I meant the Symbiote when he originally got it. "
    It didn't enhance his strength when it bonded to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123:
    Not saying you're, but everything I've every read says it does. I read almost everything Marvel, hell even DC, but Spidey is my main comic.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @DarkSpidey21: In the original comics, the symbiote did not enhance his strength. It just allowed him a one-piece that would change clothes, and he didn't have to worry about running out of webbing. Also, it didn't change his attitude or anything like that. The 90s cartoon and media after that would have you believe that, but it's actually not so.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @DarkSpidey21: In the original comics, the symbiote did not enhance his strength. It just allowed him a one-piece that would change clothes, and he didn't have to worry about running out of webbing. Also, it didn't change his attitude or anything like that. The 90s cartoon and media after that would have you believe that, but it's actually not so. "
    Are you tired of explaining this yet?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Dark Huntress: Yes, but sadly, I must tread on. It's my duty as an epic fan, don'tcha know?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123:
    Fair enough. How about after it latched on to Brock?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123: Oh trust me, I know how it goes. ^_^
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @DarkSpidey21: When it latched onto Eddie, it increased his strength 20 something fold (I always forget the number). He went from being able to lift 700 pounds to 20 tons (Marvel's current stats are 11, but originally they were 20 - 11 just makes no sense, since Spidey is a 10). 

11 tons? My. Ass.
     11 tons? My. Ass.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Dark Huntress: :DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123:
    Since Spidey hit about 20 tons in The Other........... 20 x 20 = 400???????
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @DarkSpidey21: Suppose so. If it enhanced his strength like it did Brock's.... but then, Peter could lift more than Brock before bonding. Brock could do 700 pounds, Pete could do 10 TONS (and more, suggested by feats) .... it's hard to calculate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123:
    Oh I know his base is 10. It's been 10 for years, hell it's 10 now. But it's suggested, and put on a lot of stats, that Spidey jumped to 20-25 ton range in The Other. I'm going with that till evidence comes up that that is wrong. 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#16  Edited By Deadcool
     Spider-man feats are variable, you can't get a precice info about it. (Read the text in the scan)
     Spider-man feats are variable, you can't get a precice info about it. (Read the text in the scan)
    I am not sure what was his streght level with the Symbiote, but I am with InnerVenom123 the symbiote used to be just a suit in secret wars, a suit that used to give him unlimited webbing (I liked more "the suit" in Ultimate Spider-man, makes more sense), but later in the comics it also given to him more strength.
    Also with the Other Powers.. I think that he could be pretty strong, but I need info more precice, is knowns that a bloodlusted Spider-man is more much stronger than a normal 10 tonner,  that happens in normal humans too, with the adrenaline the human reach unknoun levels in phisical skills, Spidey15 said that for him Spider-man should be ranked as class 25, but I am not sure about that, Spider-man is a popular character and most of his feats deepends in the storyline/writer, most of his issues could be considered PIS, but using the info in handbooks, Spiderman could easily reach the class 75 in superhuman strength, using his feats, class 100 seems pretty low...
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool said:
    "
    I am not sure what was his streght level with the Symbiote, but I am with InnerVenom123 the symbiote used to be just a suit in secret wars, a suit that used to give him unlimited webbing (I liked more "the suit" in Ultimate Spider-man, makes more sense), but later in the comics it also given to him more strength.
    Also with the Other Powers.. I think that he could be pretty strong, but I need info more precice, is knowns that a bloodlusted Spider-man is more much stronger than a normal 10 tonner,  that happens in normal humans too, with the adrenaline the human reach unknoun levels in phisical skills, Spidey15 said that for him Spider-man should be ranked as class 25, but I am not sure about that, Spider-man is a popular character and most of his feats deepends in the storyline/writer, most of his issues could be considered PIS, but using the info in handbooks, Spiderman could easily reach the class 75 in superhuman strength, using his feats, class 100 seems pretty low...

"

True, the Ultimate costume does make more sense. Yeah Spidey's feats bounce around a lot. Any guesses about what his strength would be?
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deadcool
    @DarkSpidey21: Only with the feats...as strong as the the Hulk LOL... I don't know, once he is unable to lift a truck, then he lifts a building, for me a popular character is as strong as the story needs him to be...
    Ultimate Spider-man is a 4 tonner, handbooks say that he is a 4 tonner and his feats are for a 5/4 tonner, I am ok with that, I am able to find a logic on that, but with Amazing Spider-man an enjoyable stroryline is enough for me, I don't want to find logic on it, I mean, he got his superpowers when he got bitten by a goddammed radiactive spider, who cares about logic in a comic like Amazing Spider-man?
     Yes, this is Spider-man lifting the Dialy Bugle, I enjoyed the issue, but SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE F@(& I AM READING?!
     Yes, this is Spider-man lifting the Dialy Bugle, I enjoyed the issue, but SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE F@(& I AM READING?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool:
    HOLY SH!T!! I totally forgot about this scan. But you have a point. His feats are a little to out there sometimes, but mainly the storyline is the reason I read his comics. His morals and his struggle just make his comics the best IMO. I like Ultimate a little less, but it's really great too.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deadcool
    @DarkSpidey21: Read whatever makes you feel better, that is what I do...
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    He isn't lifting the Bugle. He explains that he only supports a small portion of the building on another page.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deadcool
    @Morpheus_: That doesn't change the fact that is out of his league... is the center of a building that is a lot of weight for a "10 tonner".
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Deadcool said:
    " @Morpheus_: That doesn't change the fact that is out of his league... is the center of a building that is a lot of weight for a "10 tonner". "
    But it is more plausible than lifting an entire building.

I never questioned that Spider-Man can lift more than his official designation states he can (in fact, I have made cases against the handbook ranking several times). He has proven it time and again.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deadcool
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Deadcool said:
    " @Morpheus_: That doesn't change the fact that is out of his league... is the center of a building that is a lot of weight for a "10 tonner". "

I never questioned that Spider-Man can lift more than his official designation states he can (in fact, I have made cases against the handbook ranking several times). He has proven it time and again.
    "
    Well, yes... 
    (... Wasn't you avatar a Sinestro's pic a couple of minutes ago?... Cool, I like that Doctor Doom's Pic)
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Deadcool said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Deadcool said:

"
    Well, yes...  ...(... Wasn't you avatar a Sinestro's pic a couple of minutes ago?... Cool, I like that Doctor Doom's Pic) "
    Yes, I am testing. You'll see some Spider-Man avatars in a while, too.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deadcool
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deadcool
    @Morpheus_: Sure...
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By spidey 15
    @Deadcool said:
    " @DarkSpidey21: Only with the feats...as strong as the the Hulk LOL... I don't know, once he is unable to lift a truck, then he lifts a building, for me a popular character is as strong as the story needs him to be...
    Ultimate Spider-man is a 4 tonner, handbooks say that he is a 4 tonner and his feats are for a 5/4 tonner, I am ok with that, I am able to find a logic on that, but with Amazing Spider-man an enjoyable stroryline is enough for me, I don't want to find logic on it, I mean, he got his superpowers when he got bitten by a goddammed radiactive spider, who cares about logic in a comic like Amazing Spider-man?
    "
    Spider-man just supported that building. Similar feats have been accomplished by cap or batman or even moon knight IIRC. 
    Also lifting trucks does not make him as strong as the Hulk. 
    An armor truck is supposed to be 27 tons. 

=]
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spidey 15
    @Deadcool said:
    He is not a 10 toner. 
    He is obviously in the scale of 25-30 at the very least. 
    =]
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Deranged Midget

Even though he is superhuman, to me Spiderman is the most vulnerable of all. In many, many issues, he's been shown to be sick i.e The Grim Hunt with The Swine flu or whatever it was. Also, he's kind of like the Hulk, his strength fluctuates depending on his mood and behaviour. If he's ticked off, he's taking out the whole Kravinoff family or taking out Firelord. In other occasions, Daredevil or Captain America are schooling him. Personally I think his powers, especially his strength, depend on what mood he's in. When he had organic webbing, it was said that he can only produce so much depending on nutritional levels in his body. 

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JamesSpiring
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @DarkSpidey21: In the original comics, the symbiote did not enhance his strength. It just allowed him a one-piece that would change clothes, and he didn't have to worry about running out of webbing. Also, it didn't change his attitude or anything like that. The 90s cartoon and media after that would have you believe that, but it's actually not so. "
    So would Spider-Man 3.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deadcool
    @spidey 15 said:

" @Deadcool said:

He is not a 10 toner. He is obviously in the scale of 25-30 at the very least. =] "
    I have already posted that... What i wanted to say is that the "original info" says that he is a 10 tonner, for that reason I am not agree with his feats as I wrote in my last comment...

Spider-man just supported that building. Similar feats have been accomplished by cap or batman or even moon knight IIRC

Damn logic...

Also lifting trucks does not make him as strong as the Hulk. An armor truck is supposed to be 27 tons.  =] " 

When did I say that?... 
    What I tried to do with this: "once he is unable to lift a truck, then he lifts a building" is a hyperbole, a joke, I know that he is not lifting all the building but stills a lot for him.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @digifiend said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    So would Spider-Man 3. "
    Now, see, that's why I said 'media after that'.
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By buttersdaman000

What did the ultimate suit do different?

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By spidey 15
    @Deadcool: 

When did I say that?...  
    What I tried to do with this:  "once he is unable to lift a truck, then he lifts a building"  is a hyperbole, a joke, I know that he is not lifting all the building but stills a lot for him. 

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding then. 
    =]
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deadcool
    @buttersdaman000:  

"The Suit" in Ultimate Marvel is the "cancer cure", created by Richard Parker and Eddie Brock Sr. and it is programmed with Parker's DNA, the suit is able to use anyone as host but It needs more a host with Parker's DNA, the suit is an organism works with stem cells, and it control's biological functions of the host, and is able to regenerate the host of every damage, then the host would never die.
    But, there is a problem with the suit, is that It needs to eat to regenerate, and when controls your organism, it also controls your mind.
    It doesn't make Peter stronger, but the size of the suit makes him seem more much stronger.
    Peter with the Suit fought once against the Ultimates, and if Thor weren't there, Peter and the Suit would probable kill them all.

Carnage, is an organism created by the Dr. Curt Connors from a Peter's blood sample, and Richard Parker's Notes, in his first appearance it doesn't needed a host unlike the "Suit", it already had Peter's DNA, but it is unstable it needs to "eat" too, but at the end just like the "Suit" needs more Parker DNA.

In the version of "Carnage" (That was created by a villain of Peter) it has a host, and I no longer needed to eat, but it still having Peter's DNA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:
    Instead of finding an alien lifeform randomly like in the Amazing series, the suit in Ultimate was specifically made by Peter's and Eddie Brock's fathers to raise strength levels of individuals because originally it was made to help cancer patients stay strong.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deadcool
    @DarkSpidey21: WOW... That was epic, me and you aswered at the same time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool:
    Nice! Great minds in-sync. That's how amazing things happens
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Deadcool said:
    "
    I am not sure what was his streght level with the Symbiote, but I am with InnerVenom123 the symbiote used to be just a suit in secret wars, a suit that used to give him unlimited webbing (I liked more "the suit" in Ultimate Spider-man, makes more sense),

but later in the comics it also given to him more strength.

No Caption Provided
    "
    What I made bigger from your post is simply untrue. Never has it increased his strength while bonded to him.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Deadcool said:
    "
    I am not sure what was his streght level with the Symbiote, but I am with InnerVenom123 the symbiote used to be just a suit in secret wars, a suit that used to give him unlimited webbing (I liked more "the suit" in Ultimate Spider-man, makes more sense),

but later in the comics it also given to him more strength.

No Caption Provided
    "
    What I made bigger from your post is simply untrue. Never has it increased his strength while bonded to him. "
    Also, "WHAT IF?" issues are noncanon.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Deadcool
    @DarkSpidey21: I have just edited mine, I added pictures, But MAN! It was awesome!
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Deadcool
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    What I made bigger from your post is simply untrue. Never has it increased his strength while bonded to him. "
    Later, when Venom started to be popular, it become canon the fact that the suit incresed the strength, but Spider-man never appeared with the strength incresed by the suit, Happy?
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    Also, "WHAT IF?" issues are noncanon. "
    Well, I never said that it was, I just wanted to post it...
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Deadcool: Actually, Eddie Brock himself says that the suit only increased his strength because he wasn't that strong naturally.  And that Spider-man's strength was not increased.

"Am merely human!" was what followed.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deadcool
    @InnerVenom123: The stregth incresed came later
    but nice pic.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Deadcool: How could it come later? Spider-man and the symbiote never bonded again. At least, not in the way they bonded before. There was one bonding in 2003's storyline, "THE HUNGER", but it wasn't a beneficial bond - it was a TAKEOVER. And Spidey's strength was not increased. 

NEVER was Spider-man's strength increase by the symbiote, portrayed in every media ASIDE FROM THE COMICS, ever made canon in the comics.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Deadcool
    @InnerVenom123: As fact, it's true that the Symbiote never increased Peter's Strength, but the popularity of the suit and the cartoon make popular this fact, regardless the fact that is not originally truth.
    Same bullshit happened with Superman's Powers, originally Superman powers were because the low gravity of the earth and he wasn't that powerful, but then the Tv show makes popular the fact of Superman about being invincible, and then it was created the Silver Age's Superman, because his powers in the Tv show were mor popular than the powers in the comic.
    Also same things are happening with superhero movies, they change Superhero Facts for the movies.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123

This is what I'm referring to when I mention 'The Hunger', by the way.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Deadcool said:
    " @InnerVenom123:

As fact, it's true that the Symbiote never increased Peter's Strength, but the popularity of the suit and the cartoon make popular this fact, regardless the fact that is not originally truth.

Same bullshit happened with Superman's Powers, originally Superman powers were because the low gravity of the earth and he wasn't that powerful, but then the Tv show makes popular the fact of Superman about being invincible, and then it was created the Silver Age's Superman, because his powers in the Tv show were mor popular than the powers in the comic.Also same things are happening with superhero movies, they change Superhero Facts for the movies. "
    Yes, they make it

POPULAR.

Not 

CANON.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.