Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man (Marvel) Cinematic Universe Discussion

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

@silent_bomber:

You don't need to defend the Raimi films to me, I like all of them, but have gone down on record that my favourite Spiderman film is still the very first one...! I will always love that film, just like I will always love the original Superman film (got taken to see it for my 10th birthday treat, in the days before video or DVD), and Iron Man 1, which is just such a cool film....I am also a big supporter of Tim Burton's 1989 Batman and the sequel Batman Returns....

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Ascended

@bezza: Word of advice: let's not care about what anyone else thinks. If we liked the original trilogies, we'll like them. Most of these people probably liked Raimi's films too before and enjoyed watching Tobey swing around the city with his webs before they turned their backs for The Amazing Spider-man. Let's not be one of those hypocrites.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended:

Hey I agree, I like what I like and I stick with it. Man, I am the guy who has the green lantern film in his top 10 favourite Comic book films, simply because it opened my eyes to a character who I knew nothing about and think is one of the coolest of all (slightly behind Spidey, obviously)! Most people REALLY hate that film! One of my favourite films ever, is the French Connection. I first saw it as a boy and loved that car chase. Its dated now, but still a benchmark movie.

WebHead93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing ASM2 tomorrow, all I want to know...

Do they explain Peter's new suit or is it just kinda there?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@punyparker: Harry: Yeah, then that's perfectly fine to dislike. I wouldn't say can't, more of a they shouldn't though, cause it you know, already happened.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

. I wouldn't say can't, more of a they shouldn't though

Well,yeah,you can't know the potential of a character....
    But Harr is/was/will be a tad of a loser.....more of a victim of non-appreciation,i'd say....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Ninjablade09

@ninjablade09 said:

. I wouldn't say can't, more of a they shouldn't though

Well,yeah,you can't know the potential of a character....

But Harr is/was/will be a tad of a loser.....more of a victim of non-appreciation,i'd say....

More or, less. The thing is though, Harry has never really had a consistent angle, he's never really been the same in any media really.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing ASM2 tomorrow, all I want to know...

Do they explain Peter's new suit or is it just kinda there?

No explanation, it's just kind of their. They have a comic that's supposed to take place in between movies, and the explanation they gave was Gwen told him he should make a suit more friendly, so he designed it and she made it. It's something along those lines.

WebHead93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09:

Aah! Bit disapointing, in the game they say Gwen made after the old when was shredded by lizard.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Ascended

@webhead93: I wonder if Spider-man would have ever needed a reboot if Raimi and Sony had stuck with the comic book plot and writing more. Cause I think Dr. Connors should've been Lizard in Spider-man 3 and be Spider-man's villain, not Sandman.

WebHead93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended:

Idk. While the reboot does have its flaws, I think the actors are good. Its the writing that needs to improve. Plus I really liked Ifans as Connors. Not to say the originals had bad actors, I think they had the best Villain actors in Defoe and Molina. Plus you can't really beat J.K. Simmons' JJ Jameson haha

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Ascended

@webhead93: What about Dr. Connors in Spider-man 2? Did you like him as the actor and the potential Lizard that he could've been?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say, I was really impressed with the sound system in this movie. Like the sound Electro's bolts made, and the sound of the glider.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: The movie? Yeah I went to the midnight release last Thursday my thoughts are here.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: Cool, just saw it, but it has mixed reviews so far. However, you should check out Andrew's other movies like The Social Network, I heard it was a great movie, it scored a 95% on RT.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Saw Social Network before I saw ASM to get a sense of what type of actor was going to be playing this new Spidey. Loved it, easily Garfield best performance. While the movie itself is good, the final scene between Mark and Eduardo really boosted up the movie for me.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: Lol, as much as I'm not so high on Andrew as Spider-man, I'm definitely opened to checking him out in other movies haha.. can't wait to watch TSN when I get the chance to cause even my friend said he liked it very much.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: It's definitely worth a watch for Andrew's performance alone. Dude was nominated for an Oscar for it.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I almost thought he did, but he didn't, unfortunately.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/01/25/oscars-snub-andrew-garfield-mark-wahlberg-christopher-nolan-more/

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Right, it was the Golden Globes. Always get those 2 mixed up.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: I heard Tobey was also suppose to win an oscars award one time, but he got snubbed too. I guess Spider-men aren't really too "superhero-ish."

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: So are Screen Actor Guild and Golden Globe as good as Oscars or not? What's the difference between them and the Oscars?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: The Oscars are the highest caliber for movie awards. It's basically ultimate bragging rights.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

For the Spidey Cinematic Verse I want them to have these Villains for the Sinister Six

Green Goblin: I want to see him with a mask this time
    Green Goblin: I want to see him with a mask this time

Harry has to lead the Sinister Six. I'm a fan of the Green Goblin as Spidey's villain so I'm down to see Gobby lead the team.

Superior Ock gotta be in the film.
    Superior Ock gotta be in the film.

We saw the little Easter Egg in the film where we see Doc's arms. I'm eager to see him re-imagined by the Amazing Spider-Man creative team.

Make Sami Raimi's dream come true.
    Make Sami Raimi's dream come true.

He is in the same boat as Doc Ock. We saw the wings in the film.

Now, after the three obvious choices.

Lets get to the fun choices.

I always hated cats until I meet you.
    I always hated cats until I meet you.

Ok this one is kind of a given as well. The thing is all we saw in ASM2 was that Harry had an assistant named Felicia. I think that Felicia would make a great BlackCat. I also think she should be in the Sinister Six film due to the possibility of her getting her own solo movie.

She can realize the error in her ways in the end and Parker will let her go cuz he ends up having a thing for her.

NEXT

I'll not literally die if I see a Cosplayer dress as Beetle (Lincoln)
    I'll not literally die if I see a Cosplayer dress as Beetle (Lincoln)

Why should she be in the film? Because we shouldn't have one token female character. We should have at least 2 token female characters. Joking aside, I think she be cool. She could be the 2nd gadget villain in the group... errr. Um... I mean she could fit in as another villain who's powers come from OsCorp technology.

Next!

Kravinoff The Hunter
    Kravinoff The Hunter

Anna Kravinoff that is. I think she'd be great. She'd be the hunter of the group XP.

I mean if I can't have The Beetle that is.

NEXT!

Who doesn't want to see Venom AGAIN?
    Who doesn't want to see Venom AGAIN?

Venom hands down should be in the film. He is the most popular Spider-man villain (according to a recent vote in ComicVine). He's rumored to be getting his own film. I'd not literally die to see Venom in the big screen again (for more than 5 minutes). If we have BlackCat and Venom, Spidey can let Cat go but the symbiote can go to Thompson for the solo film (Thompson is the best Venom ever FYI).

Who do y'all want? (+)

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

J.K. Simmons back as J. Jonah Jamesson

I REALLY want to see Carnage in the Venom movie

Dane Dehan stole the show with his Harry Osborne

I was skeptical of a Sinister Six movie, but this movie did a great job setting up for it. Now it's one of my most anticipate comic films

Can't wait to see Electro return

I think "Mr Fiers" is really a clone of Peters dad

I really hope Lizard makes a come back. Rhys Ifans nailed it in the first film and was disappointed he didn't get a cameo

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jwalser3

@yung_ancient_one: Take out Venom, Anna, Black Cat, and Beetle and replace them with Chameleon, Shocker, Scorpion, and Kraven and you have a good Sinister six.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Beetle, what an odd but interesting choice.

For me it would be

1. Harry
    2. Ock
    3. Vulture
    4. Electro
    5. Rhino
    6. Connors

That way you only have 2 more characters to set up, which this series has difficulty with.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I feel that the next time should open up with the rest of the Rhino fight, but Rhino not actually be in it.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: How do you feel about Scorpion in the upcoming Sinister Six? I feel like he'd be a better choice over some.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jwalser3 said:

@yung_ancient_one: Take out Venom, Anna, Black Cat, and Beetle and replace them with Chameleon, Shocker, Scorpion, and Kraven and you have a good Sinister six.

My list has Kraven but I would prefer Anna over her dad but I'd like to see either Kravinoff in the film. Chameleon is an excellent choice given that he would be the most unique. I fail to see how Scorpion wouldn't be another wall crawler brawler like Doc Ock. I rather see some women in the Sinister Six is all. I want Shocker to come out in the opening scene but not as a member of the Sinister Six. I feel like Rhyno and Shocker are both the pawns of all of Spidey's rogues gallery. I aint MadAtCha tho.

For me it would be

1. Harry
    2. Ock
    3. Vulture
    4. Electro
    5. Rhino
    6. Connors

That way you only have 2 more characters to set up, which this series has difficulty with.

I see your point. I don't mind this idea due to the fact that they would only have to introduce two new characters. However, since it is rumored to be a Sinister Six film, I still prefer my list. I just want some women in the Sinister Six. I got a thing for crazy chicks XP.

@jwalser3 said:

@ninjablade09: How do you feel about Scorpion in the upcoming Sinister Six? I feel like he'd be a better choice over some.

I do think he has a possibility of looking BAD 4$$ but I want some women is all. Maybe we can replace Shocker for a female villain in the team. (+)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More or, less. The thing is though, Harry has never really had a consistent angle, he's never really been the same in any media really.

True....but making him make villian talk is .......unfamiliar...
    Even Norman doesn't talk like that.....(when written well)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

Scorpion would be cool. They could use him to introduce J.J.J as well.

@ninjablade09 said:

True....but making him make villian talk is .......unfamiliar...

Even Norman doesn't talk like that.....(when written well)

I know.

@ninjablade09 said:

For me it would be

1. Harry
    2. Ock
    3. Vulture
    4. Electro
    5. Rhino
    6. Connors

I see your point. I don't mind this idea due to the fact that they would only have to introduce two new characters. However, since it is rumored to be a Sinister Six film, I still prefer my list. I just want some women in the Sinister Six. I got a thing for crazy chicks XP.

A girl on the team would be nice, be different than the usual.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one:

My list has Kraven but I would prefer Anna over her dad but I'd like to see either Kravinoff in the film. Chameleon is an excellent choice given that he would be the most unique. I fail to see how Scorpion wouldn't be another wall crawler brawler like Doc Ock. I rather see some women in the Sinister Six is all. I want Shocker to come out in the opening scene but not as a member of the Sinister Six. I feel like Rhyno and Shocker are both the pawns of all of Spidey's rogues gallery. I aint MadAtCha tho

But would you really want to replace Kraven, just to get a multiple gender team? Some female villains would be cool. But Beetle, she just seems so obscure, IMO she would just be the less iconic member of the team.

Scorpion could be the wall crawling brawler, I wouldn't consider Ock to be a brawler. Maybe for some time he fights,but towards the end his whole plan was to get rid of Goblin and control the Sinister Six..That's how I'd like to see the movie play out. I always considered Ock more of a mastermind, than a brawler. And with what you're saying, we already would have a flying gadget person, Vulture.

Like I put in that one post,the rest of the Rhino fight should be in the opening, I guess Shocker could be like that as well. And maybe Black Cat could be on the team, but what would be her connection?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I am getting the feeling I am one of the few who really likes ASM2.

..Also agree we need to see Venom again..

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

I really liked it, probably one of my favorite CBMs.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09:

Glad to hear it, guys in my comic book shop were on a downer about it earlier. I said "Am I the only one who liked ASM2" and they said pretty much I was the only customer who had been in and been positive about the film! Is it just me or are we super-hero fans a bit spoiled because of all the great films that have come out in recent years. I mean compared with some of the stuff we put up with the "olden days" like the Nicholas Hammond TV series, ASM2 is really great!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i liked Asm 2 too @ Bezza.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It wasn't perfect, but it was worth the money.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..Also agree we need to see Venom again..

@bezza said:

I really liked it, probably one of my favorite CBMs.

You really really REALLY don't get the diference of "liking" or "enjoying" a movie ,and wanting it to be really good and critisizing it........

If i,in particular,thought it was garbage,then i wouldn't bother talking about it......

And @bezza you said you'll read my review.....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#147  Edited By Strider1992

Some characters I'd like to see are:

Mysterio
    Mysterio
    Silver Sable
    Silver Sable
    Morbius
    Morbius
    Kraven
    Kraven

And if i'm really really really reaching for the stars I would LOVE to see these guys in live action but it won't happen any time soon:

Morlun
    Morlun
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

C'mon Morlun's fight with Spider-man put into live action would be absolutely bada$$ and seeing Kaine's transition from the degenerating monster to the Scarlet Spider would be awesome plus team-up potential!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Forget Kaine.They wont do other Spider-Men.

--------------------------------------

Spidey scares some bullies away from a kid,and they have ruined his wind turbine.
    Spidey then fixes the wind turbine and walks the kid home.

HOW AWESOME.....would it be if they had cast a black kid,and a bumper sticker on the turbine said "Morales".......

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#149  Edited By Strider1992

@punyparker: My hope is that at some point they will realize that they can make more money with more Spider-man films out which they could potentially do with a new cast a director for them no longer limiting themselves to a film every few years a retaining the Spider-man license for longer. If Sony are money motivated enough (which they are given they are making a Sinister Six movie and a Venom movie) it stands to reason that in the future someone like Kaine could appear heck even a Spider-man 2099 movie.

Now I thought of Miguel I really wanna see a 2099 movie now lol!

No Caption Provided

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Ascended

@strider92 said:

@punyparker: My hope is that at some point they will realize that they can make more money with more Spider-man films out which they could potentially do with a new cast a director for them no longer limiting themselves to a film every few years a retaining the Spider-man license for longer. If Sony are money motivated enough (which they are given they are making a Sinister Six movie and a Venom movie) it stands to reason that in the future someone like Kaine could appear heck even a Spider-man 2099 movie.

Now I thought of Miguel I really wanna see a 2099 movie now lol!

No Caption Provided

It all comes down to the audience in the end did you know that? If Spider-man 2099 is popular enough, Sony will make a movie out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.