Spider-man: Loki's Debt

#1 Posted by Strider92 (16733 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just mulling a few things over in my head when I remembered this from quite a way back (pre-OMD). Spider-man effectively saved Loki's daughter and Loki even said he'd grant him a favor that he could call on whenever he wanted. Did Peter ever call in this favor? And more importantly if he never did why the hell didn't he use it to save Aunt May and spare us all OMD!?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I was just mulling a few things over in my head when I remembered this from quite a way back (pre-OMD). Spider-man effectively saved Loki's daughter and Loki even said he'd grant him a favor that he could call on whenever he wanted. Did Peter ever call in this favor? And more importantly if he never did why the hell didn't he use it to save Aunt May and spare us all OMD!?

he didnt use it because Loki was dead and the time it happened.

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16733 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Ah ok. Did he ever call in that favor though?

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Ah ok. Did he ever call in that favor though?

i cant remember, i dont think so.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3999 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope none of the Avengers finds out about this little incident next time Loki comes destroying. It'd be quite awkward if, after Loki has wrecked the city, thrown the Avengers into turmoil, hundreds dead, they find out Spidey could have just called in his favor and asked Loki to quit it.

#6 Posted by PunyParker (12000 posts) - - Show Bio

"Slott:Everything was building up to this since #600" so....no this means nothing

#7 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like ultimate stuff anyway.

#8 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Ah remember this from way back in the day. Great issue. It is a shame Marvel seems to have forgot this little deal. Could sure come in handy for Pete now.

#9 Posted by consolemaster001 (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't loki die and thor brought him back as a kid or something ? Haven't really caught up on thor lately

#10 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666 said:

@Strider92

Lmao

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17719 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, someone has been re-reading JMS' run!

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16733 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666: Problem solved!

@Deranged Midget: Maybe :p

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Ha, I am guilty as well. Purchased the entirety of JMS' run through those five "Ultimate" trades.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.