Spider-Man J

#1 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally can't stand Spider-Man J, I find it annoying. What are your opinions?

#2 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea who spiderman j is

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Me neither.Is he the Japanese Spider-man because if so I agree he sucks ass.

#4 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"I have no idea who spiderman j is"

Spider-Man J is like Vance said, the Japanese Spider-Man. He appears in the Spider-Man Family series that comes out every month (107 pages and usually ahs 4 stories in it, a new one, 2 old ones, and the Spider-Man J book in it. I can't read Spider-Man J without wanting to pull my hair out.

#5 Posted by Shiryu (2450 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Resonate says:
Spider-Man J is like Vance said, the Japanese Spider-Man. He appears in the Spider-Man Family series that comes out every month (107 pages and usually ahs 4 stories in it, a new one, 2 old ones, and the Spider-Man J book in it. I can't read Spider-Man J without wanting to pull my hair out."

IN THE JAPANESE SERIES HE HAS A FREAKIN' LION ROBOT.A LION!HIS POWERS COME FROM A SPIDER AND THEY GIVE HIM A FREAKING LION?WTF?

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Resonate says:
Spider-Man J is like Vance said, the Japanese Spider-Man. He appears in the Spider-Man Family series that comes out every month (107 pages and usually ahs 4 stories in it, a new one, 2 old ones, and the Spider-Man J book in it. I can't read Spider-Man J without wanting to pull my hair out."

The sad thing is he doesn't have to suck.Whoever they have working on him is playing of a stereotypes..and the artist is horrible.Why don't they have Alvin Lee doing it?

#7 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Resonate says:

wow

well, based off of this overwiew, I believe I have found a new center for my hatred

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiryu says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Resonate says:
IN THE JAPANESE SERIES HE HAS A FREAKIN' LION ROBOT.A LION!HIS POWERS COME FROM A SPIDER AND THEY GIVE HIM A FREAKING LION?WTF?"

Spits soda laughing.
Post Edited:2008-04-03 19:06:49

#9 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Resonate says:
The sad thing is he doesn't have to suck.Whoever they have working on him is playing of a stereotypes..and the artist is horrible.Why don't they have Alvin Lee doing it?"

No idea. I read all of them, the first 7 at least that came with the first 7 Spider-Man Families (good stuff, pick it up) and I forced myself through all of the Spider-Man J's but I just couldn't do it today. It hurt me way too much and this is coming from a HUGE Spider-Man fan.

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I used to be a HUGE Spider-man fan too.Marvel is kind of killin' him.Spider-Man J is ridiculous.They could have even got Skottie Young who did Mangaverse Spider-man to do it.I mean that Spider-man wasn't much better but his powers and storyline made sense and the art wasn't horrible."

Nah, Marvel's not killing him, they're doing some good stuff with him in Brand New Day. It's alot better then I expected. I wonder what new villains he'll be fighting. I recommend getting back into it. It's really good.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be a HUGE Spider-man fan too.Marvel is kind of killin' him.Spider-Man J is ridiculous.They could have even got Skottie Young who did Mangaverse Spider-man to do it.I mean that Spider-man wasn't much better but his powers and storyline made sense and the art wasn't horrible.

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Vance Astro says:
"I used to be a HUGE Spider-man fan too.Marvel is kind of killin' him.Spider-Man J is ridiculous.They could have even got Skottie Young who did Mangaverse Spider-man to do it.I mean that Spider-man wasn't much better but his powers and storyline made sense and the art wasn't horrible."
Nah, Marvel's not killing him, they're doing some good stuff with him in Brand New Day. It's alot better then I expected. I wonder what new villains he'll be fighting. I recommend getting back into it. It's really good. "
I admit I like Brand New Day but the thing is he was just the Other.Just when you think Spider-man actually has some real power.Powers got taken away.I like the fact Peter doesn't have to worry about so many distractions,he can just be a superhero.It would have been nice to do this after the skrull invasion though because again some stuff that happens in Spider-man maybe retconned."

I agree, I loved the Other and it sucks that his power was retconned, but his newer stuff is better. Everything else is the same. I'd like to see another "The Other" though after Secret Invasion (which rocks and made me a bigger Marvel fan)

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Vance Astro says:
Nah, Marvel's not killing him, they're doing some good stuff with him in Brand New Day. It's alot better then I expected. I wonder what new villains he'll be fighting. I recommend getting back into it. It's really good. "

I admit I like Brand New Day but the thing is he was just the Other.Just when you think Spider-man actually has some real power.Powers got taken away.I like the fact Peter doesn't have to worry about so many distractions,he can just be a superhero.It would have been nice to do this after the skrull invasion though because again some stuff that happens in Spider-man maybe retconned.

#14 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't gotta read all the crap that Marvel releases (to milk the money from Spider-Man's name) just to be a huge fan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.