Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

#201 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah Avengers already has Downey stealing the spotlight why add Wolverine and Spider-Man who add nothing to the team other than name recognition. If I wanted Spidey on a team let be the New Warriors.

He can be written that way so he will be an important person,but Stark is the leader/cool guy.....like a father figure for Peter,like in the comics(Ultimate)

#202 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

This ASM2 video game concept art by Mikael Leger,flows thru the interwebs a couple of hours now and as you can see.......

.......t

......the dude on the left is wearing an Iron Man t-shirt.......interesting...

@ninjablade09

#204 Posted by Funkypanda123 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

sony pls do dis fo da fans nd mi

#205 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Feige interview....

There were rumors that the Oscorp tower nearly made it in The Avengers last year. Is that true?

"It’s something we talked about very, very shortly. It became a point of interest in the press, which I understand. The deal was never close to happen."

Will we see Spider-man in a Marvel Studios film one day?

"There are no plans for it. They have movies we wanna make, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Thor stories, and Cap stories and Avengers stories. There’s no creative need for that to happen anytime soon, but it would be cool to happen sometime. But I don’t know when that would be."

#206 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio
#207 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

@punyparker: Wow was that wrong or what?

They are either saying that "No.it's not gonna happen" or they are trying to hide the fact that it is gonna happen....

#208 Edited by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: He was just a guy with the centipede on his arm in the show.

#209 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

@punyparker: He was just a guy with the centipede on his arm in the show.

What...?

#210 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I should have quoted what i was responding to my remark was about the hooded guy from the first shield episode possibly being Miles.

#211 Posted by War Killer (19971 posts) - - Show Bio

There were rumors that the Oscorp tower nearly made it in The Avengers last year. Is that true?

"It’s something we talked about very, very shortly. It became a point of interest in the press, which I understand. The deal was never close to happen."

"There are no plans for it. They have movies we wanna make, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Thor stories, and Cap stories and Avengers stories. There’s no creative need for that to happen anytime soon, but it would be cool to happen sometime. But I don’t know when that would be."

One thing I've learned from Marvel, whether it's in interviews or even in a Q/A at Comic Con, is that they lie.

Honestly, I really don't see why they wouldn't have Spider-Man in the MCU. What could Sony and Marvel lose from something like that? Sony would get to keep the rights to Spider-Man and continue making movies, Marvel would get their most popular character back and be able to have him alongside the Avengers; it's a win-win for both companies.

#212 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

@punyparker: I should have quoted what i was responding to my remark was about the hooded guy from the first shield episode possibly being Miles.

Yeah,you should have!....and yes,apparently he is just a guy with a centipede on his arm.

@punyparker said:

One thing I've learned from Marvel, whether it's in interviews or even in a Q/A at Comic Con, is that they lie.

Honestly, I really don't see why they wouldn't have Spider-Man in the MCU. What could Sony and Marvel lose from something like that? Sony would get to keep the rights to Spider-Man and continue making movies, Marvel would get their most popular character back and be able to have him alongside the Avengers; it's a win-win for both companies.

EXACLY!

I hope they lie about the possibility of it happening,cause they never said "No!"....

"....but it would be cool to happen sometime"

And Whedon said it would be neat.......

#213 Posted by Dedonus (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Just FYI, but apparently the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Electro will appear in the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game (if this article can be trusted).

#214 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys.....

Another Sony Exec Says "A Number Of Scripts" Are In The Works For SPIDER-MAN Spin-Offs

Earlier today, we heard further confirmation that Sony Pictures are considering expanding their Spider-Man franchise with a number of spin-offs. Well, Entertainment Chief Michael Lynton has now shed some further light on that, after telling investors today that "We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the works." These will apparently feature various characters and villains from the movie series, and despite not offering any specific details on who exactly are in those scripts, he did reveal that Sony is "working closely with Marvel and Disney." They have a much better relationship with Marvel than Fox, so this should come as good news to fans. A crossover with The Avengers is still unlikely, but we could not be looking forward to everyone from Venom to Scarlet Spider getting their own movies or TV show. Who would you guys like to see? Sound off below!

source

Ya think!?

#215 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys.....

Another Sony Exec Says "A Number Of Scripts" Are In The Works For SPIDER-MAN Spin-Offs

Earlier today, we heard further confirmation that Sony Pictures are considering expanding their Spider-Man franchise with a number of spin-offs. Well, Entertainment Chief Michael Lynton has now shed some further light on that, after telling investors today that "We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the works." These will apparently feature various characters and villains from the movie series, and despite not offering any specific details on who exactly are in those scripts, he did reveal that Sony is "working closely with Marvel and Disney." They have a much better relationship with Marvel than Fox, so this should come as good news to fans. A crossover with The Avengers is still unlikely, but we could not be looking forward to everyone from Venom to Scarlet Spider getting their own movies or TV show. Who would you guys like to see? Sound off below!

source

Ya think!?

thing is though and i think this is a fair question can a spin off villain film even hold it's own when there is no hero like spider-man?

#216 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

Guys.....

source

Ya think!?

thing is though and i think this is a fair question can a spin off villain film even hold it's own when there is no hero like spider-man?

That is an issue.......a "villian" like Norman or Venom could hold the moive.....but barely.....
Felicia on the other hand,is an antihero.....she could do it...

The thing is the "working closely with Marvel and Disney." sentence.....

#217 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@tazzmission said:

@punyparker said:

Guys.....

source

Ya think!?

That is an issue.......a "villian" like Norman or Venom could hold the moive.....but barely.....

also i noticed kingpin is in both the spidey world and dd world so how will he be addressed between marvel and sony? marvel has dd back sure but will king pin be a charachter like sw and QS where both studios can use him?

#218 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@tazzmission said:

@punyparker said:

Guys.....

source

Ya think!?

also i noticed kingpin is in both the spidey world and dd world so how will he be addressed between marvel and sony? marvel has dd back sure but will king pin be a charachter like sw and QS where both studios can use him?

I dont know,really.....the only "movie-like" involvement of Kingpin with the Spider-Man franchise,is that the Fisk Tower will be in the game.... (ASM2)

Also..... SPOILER ALERT!!!!....MASSIVE SPOILERS!!

#219 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

They just announced that Sony's making the spin-offs....Sin Six and Venom

Venom is written and directed by Kurtzman(Orci and Solomon)

And the on topic part of the news......The Sinister Six movie is written and probably directed by Drew Goddard.....the producer-writer of Dysney's Daredevil series.....(also close friend with Whedon...)

#220 Edited by angelalfonso (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Now with the announcement of the expanded universe, any crossover between the “spiderman's universe” and the “avenger's universe” looks further than ever before.

#221 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Now with the announcement of the expanded universe, any crossover between the “spiderman's universe” and the “avenger's universe” looks further than ever before.

Or closer.....Dysney could use Spider-Man's character's in the Avenger franchise......they lack threats.....

Bendis's "Norman Osborn = Biggest bad on the planet",wansn't just for the comics......everything they do now is movie based....except Superior.

#222 Posted by LightPsyche (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Feige is no longer listed as a Producer to TASM2.

I'm not sure if the "Oscorp Tower in the Avengers" to be a completely true fact...they could have decided to lie once again (although I wouldn't know the motive this time).

#223 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Feige is no longer listed as a Producer to TASM2.

I'm not sure if the "Oscorp Tower in the Avengers" to be a completely true fact...they could have decided to lie once again (although I wouldn't know the motive this time).

Yeah,lie,why?.....Avi Arad said it.Maybe Feige lied about it NOT intended to be in the Avengers....

And it is weire that he's not the prod. anymore.

#224 Posted by LyraFay (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

Just leave Peter as a lone wolf.

#225 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15126 posts) - - Show Bio

How did this get to 5 pages?

Do people still not understand this?

Its not gonna happen so long its as owned by 2 studios -.-

#226 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3102 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you are being to optimistic about this. We all know it's not going to happen. Sure there's the small chance it might but with the MCU having it's line up till 2020 and Sony announcing Sin6 and Venom there isn't much hope. I like Spidey being a loner in his films, he's the 3rd biggest hero ever, if he were to be in the MCU he would be overshadowed by RDJ-Man's popularity. That's not good, Spidey choud be the poster boy for Marvel not Ironman.

#227 Posted by angelalfonso (956 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by angelalfonso (956 posts) - - Show Bio
#230 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: sadly yes

ASM2 will make a bunch,but it will remain Iron Man......Sony has a great relashionship with Dysney,so maybe the ads will increase,i don't know......until now, i see that ASM is getting fantastic advertisement....like Iron Man 3...
They booked the Superbowl big screen for a trailer,ASM2's Spider-Man is on the Time Square tommorow at NYE......great stuff.

#231 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: I know it's nothing,but....

DISNEY Consumer Products Toy Fair 2014 Spidey, Rebels, GOTG, More LIVE!

Disney has the final press presentation of Toy Fair 2014, focusing on Planes: Fire & Rescue, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Star Wars: Rebels. We hear there will be some new Disney Infinity news and plenty of "special guests" as well.

As New York Toy Fair takes over the Javits Center in NYC, Disney has already been well-represented by Hasbro and LEGO, but today the focus belongs strictly to them.

Jim Babcock took the stage first as host of the event. "We have a lot of fun planned - you guys ready for some fun?" he asked the audience. The audience was filled with press, buyers for stores and other industry members.

"The great properties we have coming out are going to heat up theaters, TV screens, and more."

#232 Edited by AmazingSpiderman15 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

I think spidey will probably not go to the MCU as SONY is building a Spidey shared universe so I can't see them moving him the MCU anytime soon

#233 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want Spider-man to be in an episode of the upcoming Daredevil show.

#234 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want Spider-man to be in an episode of the upcoming Daredevil show.

Now settle with him being in the Avengers Assemble cartoon....

#235 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

I think spidey will probably not go to the MCU as SONY is building a Spidey shared universe so I can't see them moving him the MCU anytime soon

There are rumours that after ASM4 he will return to Marvel.

#236 Edited by angelalfonso (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

Not gonna happen…

The only possible way of this happening is if Disney were to buy Sony, which is not as crazy as it sounds but very unlikely

#237 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3102 posts) - - Show Bio
#238 Posted by _Nexus_ (800 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: As I mention before because both the ASM film series and the MCU movies seem to be borrowing from the Ultimate Universe in terms of design, plot, character appearances and costumes, etc. Technically they are in the same universe :P

#239 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker: As I mention before because both the ASM film series and the MCU movies seem to be borrowing from the Ultimate Universe in terms of design, plot, character appearances and costumes, etc. Technically they are in the same universe :P

Heh......

@punyparker: Eh nothing special.

I know.But had to mention it.

#240 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think he will

#241 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

#242 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio
#243 Edited by angelalfonso (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it is old news, but it does make the point that it’s more probable that Sony and Fox get in to a partnership than Disney doing it with any of them

#244 Edited by Jphu8414 (3199 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox/Sony crossover? Spider-Man, X-Men, and FF all working together? Wow is all I can say

The idea reminds me of the Spider-Man TAS/X-Men TAS crossover during the 90's

#245 Posted by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

The idea reminds me of the Spider-Man TAS/X-Men TAS crossover during the 90's

Wasn't that awesome! :)

Yes, it is old news, but it does make the point that it’s more probable that Sony and Fox get in to a partnership than Disney doing it with any of them

It does indeed......

#246 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be awesome if spidey and wolverine teamed up in a movie

#247 Edited by AmazingSpiderman15 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

its fake but looks epic

#248 Posted by iooiochioubgiygyu (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#249 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (912 posts) - - Show Bio
#250 Edited by PunyParker (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.