Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-man has the most chance of going back to Marvel

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The General audience doesn't seem to like the films at all and Sony was willing to atleast let Oscorp be placed in The Avengers.Which means they're willing to work with Marvel/Disney or sell the rights.The Amazing Spider-man 2 most likely won't make that much at the box office,but thats a different story because it was placed in the wrong Month.What do you guys think?I think Spider-man and maybe...possibly F4 if F4 flops I can see Fox just saying screw it and selling it back to Marvel because the original ones didn't do that well at all.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ascended

I hope once it goes back to Marvel, we don't need to see Andrew as Spider-man again. And hopefully the third actor will be better than him and decent. Some people will ignore that TASM even existed, cause Marc Webbs is currently having a hard time outdoing Raimi's work.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ascended said:

Once it goes back to Marvel, we don't need to see Andrew as Spider-man again. Hopefully the third actor will be better than him. Some people will ignore that TASM even existed, cause Marc Webbs is currently having a hard time outdoing Raimi's work.

QFT

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flameboy298

@ascended: I'll agree that The Amazing Spider-man(2012) was mediocre,but I thought the second was pretty good.I think I need to go back and watch the original films...

It is obvious though that the General/Casual Audience doesn't like the new films. Spider-man (2002) made more money than The Amazing Spider-man(2012)

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ascended

@flameboy298: I want Tobey Maguire's Spider-man to cross over with the Avengers and X-Men. Cause I seriously can't be the only one who doesn't care whether or not the crossover happens with the current spidey.

Next person who I want to see take the Peter Parker/Spider-man role is Dylan O Brien. I heard he has the potential to do a great job with it and he's a big Spider-man fan.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Have you read the new Spidey?Im still way back at #658 trying to get caught up with current Spidey

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it has the better chance just because Sony only has the Spidey Universe and they're eventually gonna either run out of ideas, or run into into the ground with over saturating the character. (Especially with their plan to release a Spidey movie every year) Fantastic Four is up there as well.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it has the better chance just because Sony only has the Spidey Universe and they're eventually gonna either run out of ideas, or run into into the ground with over saturating the character. (Especially with their plan to release a Spidey movie every year) Fantastic Four is up there as well.

Agreed.Sadly X-men is probably forever stuck in Fox's hands unless they go bankrupt or something..But who knows maybe its for the best.

S_Knight360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By S_Knight360

Lol, they definitely won't sell, the rights, they make a shit ton of money off toys and stuff

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if he does go back, i hope they don't reboot it as we just had a reboot 2 years ago.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FearTheLiving

if he does go back, i hope they don't reboot it as we just had a reboot 2 years ago.

Well firstly you got to think of it this way. If Disney does get Spider-man back it'll at least be 3 years down the line (unless everyone of the rest of Sony's planned Spider-man movies fails miserably) but even so Disney and Marvel Stuido's doesn't want their property to be confused with Sonys so it would most definitely be a reboot especially if in this hypothetical Sony runs the IP into the ground. Secondly If they do get the rights back chances are they just won't do an origin or at the least a minuscule one (ala opening of The Incredible Hulk) and that would probably be the best way as people wouldn't go see a third origin story of Peter Parker no matter who he's fighting.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingspiderman15 said:

Well firstly you got to think of it this way. If Disney does get Spider-man back it'll at least be 3 years down the line (unless everyone of the rest of Sony's planned Spider-man movies fails miserably) but even so Disney and Marvel Stuido's doesn't want their property to be confused with Sonys so it would most definitely be a reboot especially if in this hypothetical Sony runs the IP into the ground. Secondly If they do get the rights back chances are they just won't do an origin or at the least a minuscule one (ala opening of The Incredible Hulk) and that would probably be the best way as people wouldn't go see a third origin story of Peter Parker no matter who he's fighting.

ok, i see now.

porthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be awesome, but I don't know if this is really possible... Well, at least Sony is doing a job with TASM. The first one was nice and the second was INCREDIBLE, so... But yeah, Spider-Man in the "Marvel's cinematic universe" would be cool.

And really, I don't know WHY people prefer the first trilogy. Yes, they are good films, but it's not Spider-Man, if you think about it.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It is obvious though that the General/Casual Audience doesn't like the new films.

Spider-man (2002) made more money than The Amazing Spider-man(2012)

Every Spider-Man movie has made less money than its predecessor, its been on a consistent downward slant since the beginning.

If Marvel get the rights back and then reboot it within a few years they will probably hammer in the final nail in the coffin.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FearTheLiving

@porthunt said:

And really, I don't know WHY people prefer the first trilogy. Yes, they are good films, but it's not Spider-Man, if you think about it.

Then who was it?...
    Then who was it?...

porthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: we have MJ instead of Gwen, she doesn't die in the famous scene. Peter is not in highschool. Green Goblin hás an armor. Spider-man doesn't know how to use his powers. Spider-Man produces his own web... Of course it's spider-man, but they have changed a LOT of things. The film was good, but at least for me, it's a little weird to watch something like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@porthunt: The original films seem like they lean towards realism instead of their comic book counter parts like if Spider-man really did happen in our world.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@flameboy298: I want Tobey Maguire's Spider-man to cross over with the Avengers and X-Men. Cause I seriously can't be the only one who doesn't care whether or not the crossover happens with the current spidey.

Next person who I want to see take the Peter Parker/Spider-man role is Dylan O Brien. I heard he has the potential to do a great job with it and he's a big Spider-man fan.

He would end up being the dullest person in those groups.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some people need to stop living in 2004

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The original trilogy was a steaming pile of sh!t and if people actually believe Sony will let go of the Spider-Man rights then they are on better drugs than me

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By goobot

I think FF is more likely, the first movie was meh and the second was bad, and it seems like fox knows it since it would have been 8 years since the last one when the reboot happens, and TBH i think the reboot may be worse than the original at which point Marvel may be able to get fox to sell or give up. I doubt X-men is going anywhere tho.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By flameboy298

@jonny_anonymous: They could sell it,the reason why I say Sony is because Sony has been having financial problems and they even had pay cuts this year.Their even forecasting a 1.1 billion loss and Spider-man Toys and movies aren't enough to cover that loss.

porthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By porthunt

@flameboy298: yes... It's a perfect film for the people that don't know spider-man comics.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ascended

@frogdog: Like I said before, I haven't seen TASM 2 yet, but Andrew was no doubt more dull than Tobey was in the first movie. I won't ever forget that.

@jonny_anonymous: It's going to go back Marvel soon. I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with it cause most people have been rooting for Spider-man to go back to Marvel for a long time and so far TASM has been a fail financially.

@flameboy298: You're wrong, they are taken from the comic book with inconsistencies. Neither movies are consistent with the comic book counterparts. Chameleon was the first supervillian of Spider-man, it wasn't Lizard.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Lots of inconsistencies a ton.Thats why I said it seems like it leans towards realism in a way

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

The General audience doesn't seem to like the films at all and Sony was willing to atleast let Oscorp be placed in The Avengers.Which means they're willing to work with Marvel/Disney or sell the rights.The Amazing Spider-man 2 most likely won't make that much at the box office,but thats a different story because it was placed in the wrong Month.What do you guys think?I think Spider-man and maybe...possibly F4 if F4 flops I can see Fox just saying screw it and selling it back to Marvel because the original ones didn't do that well at all.

Sony won't give the rights to spider-man back to marvel for a long time because SM is a cash-cow and probably the 'biggest name' fans recognize that guarantees Sony money, they don't have any other superhero characters so they have to use what they have with the SM franchise to compete with WB, Disney and Fox. So what if they didn't make that much more as they were expecting, they're still going to keep going at it and work on other characters and as such no matter what. If they were willing to give back the rights to Marvel/Disney, they wouldn't be making as much money and would have to substitute for something else that's probably something that fans aren't interested in. Sony is not stupid, they'll hang on to Spider-Man even if they cut off their legs if they have to.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it may be later rather than sooner before the film rights revert from Phony Sony back to its' rightful owners at Marvel, but you'll at least get more of a genuine and faithful adaptation with Marvel Studios.

Sony have over-emphasized the whole throwback to High School storyline.

Marvel will hopefully present a Peter Parker/Spider-Man well into adulthood with a mature script treatment which is more akin to the (616) Spidey prior the OMD fiasco and current crap fest.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be great if Marvel bought him, but still kept up with the plans Sony had with the character (Spiderman 3 and 4, and a Sinister Six film). Although I disliked ASM1, I loved ASM2 and I really want to see what comes next in that story, that and Garfield really proved himself as the perfect Spidey/Parker in ASM2.

The main reason I want Marvel to buy him is Civil War. Winter Soldier really gave me the vibe that Civil War may be coming some day, and Spider-Man is probably the best part of that story.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why would Sony give the rights back? ASM2 has still grossed 565 million dollars so far, against a budget of around 250 million...that's a tidy profit. It hasn't done as well as expected, true, but its hardly a flop like Green Lantern, which actually lost money.

However, I would be happy if it did go back, simply because I would like all the Marvel characters under one banner....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.