Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man has defeated Venom?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Matezoide2

anybody knows if Spider-Man ever defeated Eddie Brock in a brawl? without tricks,sounds,traps or anything like that,just plain Spider-Man fighting and defeating Brock? i know he already defeated Gargan and was beating Angelo Fortunato tought

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DH69

multiple times

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ARMIV

Yep.
    He has.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @DH69 said:
    " multiple times "

@ARMIV said:
    " Yep.He has. "

1on1, no PIS included? Not to my knowledge. The one time the fought without civilians around, in that island, Venom was beating the hell out of Pete. If he could beat him, why did he fake his death..?

As for the other two Venoms, Spidey has beat them both 1on1. But not Brock.
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Matezoide2
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @DH69 said:
    " multiple times "

@ARMIV said:
    " Yep.He has. "

1on1, no PIS included? Not to my knowledge. The one time the fought without civilians around, in that island, Venom was beating the hell out of Pete. If he could beat him, why did he fake his death..?

As for the other two Venoms, Spidey has beat them both 1on1. But not Brock. "
    damn,if Morpheus says so he is probaly right (no ofense to you two guys)
    if Spidey did,can someone give the issue number or a scan?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Matezoide:Thanks for the confidence vote Mat. But I don't claim to be always right. If someone is able to correct me on any subjectwith some back up on it (not necessarily with scans - we're all men of our word here), I have no problem to concede.And Venom was indeed overused during the 90s vs Spidey. I can't recollect all of their fights in all the Spider-man books (Web of Spider-man, Amazing Spider-man, Peter Parker: Spider-man, The Spectacular Spider-man...), but from the ones I remember (from Amazing S mostly), Spider-man never emerged victorious against Venom without some plot device, or some way to outsmart Brock. And this thread is about overpowering him; not just beating him in general.
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Matezoide2
    @Morpheus_:
    yeah i know that,but you are very smart and is right a lot of times,of course it is not 100% (wich is why i said "probaly")
    gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gerald2

Venom is stronger than Spider-Man. In every situation, Venom has overpowered Spider-Man. Spidey's only option is to think outside the box, examples: have Venom run out of webbing, use sonics, use a lighter (seriously), fake his death, etc.

In the 2003 Venom series by Daniel Way, Spider-Man goes on this little speech where he says "I'm smarter than you, I'm faster than you and I'm stronger than you," but we all know that's crap.

So to answer your question, no, Spidey has never defeated Venom based on his physical strength alone.

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Tmul501

is venom as fast and agile as spider-man?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Tmul501 said:
    " is venom as fast and agile as spider-man? "
    Yes.
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By info nation
    @Morpheus_: For his SIZE anyway...
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By spidey 15

I'm not sure if i'm correct but at their first battle Spidey use the weappon that Mr Fantastic gave him.... unfortunatly didn't have effect on Brock and then he beat the hell out of spidey.... After that Brock take him to a church in order to kill him with the bell.... Spidey escape and fought Venom on the church and then throw him from the church and beat him(not sure if the bell was ringing and making Brock weaker).... i think it count as 1on1.....=]
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By The WeatherMan

I don't think Spider-Man ever has beaten Venom physically. Since Eddy was an Olympic weightlifter before getting the suit, and Pete was just an average geek before getting bit by the spider, its like an Olympic weightlifter fighting an average guy. Pete can hurt Brock but not much with a physical assault.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.