Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man female superhero relationship

• 85 results
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

Since the Black Cat was Spidey's first superhero relationship, don't you feel that Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman should be next in line?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No response thus far? I have been hearing some rumors that Spider-Woman x Ms. Marvel are in the closet lesbians. What do you guys think of that? I don't understand why Marvel wants to keep Peter Parker as a guy whose down on his luck. That would be keeping him on the same level as Archie for all eternity. I don't think that is what Stan Lee envisioned. The down on his luck Peter Parker ended when he left high school. It seems that Marvel wants to bring him beck where he belongs: In High School as a 15 year old down on his luck kind of guy we can relate to: Not!!!

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By mewmdude77

I think Ms. Marvel and Spidey would be a great couple. It revealed in Siege that She liked him, so I've been waiting for that to formulate, but it hasn't yet! It would be nice for him to have a girl he wouldn't have to worry about getting hurt, and a girl who wouldn't just be sitting around worrying about him, worrying where he is when he fights crime. I don't think SW and Ms. Marvel are lesbians. I wish Marvel would stop throwing piles of emotional garbage on Peter and stop keeping his luck down. He's gone through enough last decade! He really needs a win!

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Tigerstriper

@mewmdude77: Spidey and Ms. Marvel would be fun. In the issues I've seen them working together, they seem to hit it off well and they have good chemistry.

I've always thought that Ultimate Peter Parker and Kitty Pryde were a very cute couple, I really got into seeing them together.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Hazlenaut

They both in need of emotional support first. Spiderman and Marvel Girl are both emotional train wrecks. They both had been rape and have weird pregnant stories. Spidey became a spider monster and gave birth to himself when he died. I am not joking. As for miss marvel A villain hypnotized her raped her and was reborn in her. This link would explain but your mind will be scattered for a week.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5013-Favorite-Ms-Take-Part-1

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5044-Favorite-Ms-Take-Part-2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah pretty sure there has never been any suggestions that either Spider Woman or Ms. Marvel are lesbians given the fact that they are generally hooking up with some male superhero, such as Spider Woman going out with Hawkeye recently.

I don't think Peter should get a superhero girlfriend and still contend MJ is the best relationship for him. Peter is supposed to illustrate the idea that a normal teenager can still be a superhero despite all the problems in their normal life. Characters like Captain America, Thor, Spider Woman, Ms. Marvel, Fantastic Four, Hawkeye, Falcon, and others are superheroes first and foremost with being a superhero being their actual job and way of making money. Spider-Man is different in that he has a life outside of heroics and as Peter Parker he has to find other ways of making a living. Thus having a relationship outside of the superhero community makes far more sense than dating someone like Spider Woman or Ms. Marvel. His character relies on the balance of Peter Parker and Spider-Man and going too far in one direction upsets what his character is all about. That was one of the biggest reasons OMD/BND happened was because writers felt hampered by the fact most of Spider-Man's story arcs were focusing too heavily on his marriage to MJ and it was overriding other aspects of his character. Thus they got rid of the marriage to open up more story and character options for future writers.

Not that this has been a bad thing. Though I'm an adult whose grown-up with Spider-Man I'm not disappointed by the lack of marriage so much as I'm disappointed that they felt he needed to be reduced in power. I still cannot understand how getting rid of his marriage would in any way change the events that took place to get him organic webbing and greater abilities through arcs like The Other. They had little to nothing to do with his marriage and he really wasn't so much better with his enhanced abilities that it made it harder for writers to put conflict in a story. Sure they weren't great story arcs but the upgrades and new exploration of the mystical side of his character were nice touches.

But I don't think Marvel is writing him as a guy down on his luck anymore. He's got a great new (and well paying) job (which needs to be explored a bit more I think because we really don't know anyone at Horizon Labs whereas we knew the Daily Bugle staff very well), been on a number of teams, major part of Future Foundation, gained alot of respect in New York after Spider Island, got a new ally/brother in a reformed Kaine.....the story arcs may be harsh on him but his character overall is enjoying better times than he ever did.

Like I said MJ was a good relationship for the type of character Spider-Man is though I do agree if that relationship was brought back up that her character and their interaction would need to change from how it was depicted before. For starters writers should emphasize her own career and the fact as they had in the late 80's and early 90's when she was actually working and thus making money. It was only in the last decade or so that for whatever reason they had her stop working and be completely dependent on Peter, which in many ways ruined how her character was originally conceived. Return MJ to a more independent and confident women in a relationship with Peter (thus getting rid of her just sitting at home worrying about him all the time) and having her own career and goals and I think people would more welcome the return of their relationship. Be a very similar move to how they detached Aunt May from the books by giving her a new love interest in Jameson senior and thus she didn't have to be so closely connected to Peter and so dependent on what was going on with him to be a relevant character. Now she's just Aunt May off doing her own thing. In the same way we can have MJ be off doing her own thing and in a way they both get to come home to each other for support and just getting away from the own craziness, rather than Peter coming home to Jessica Drew or Carol Danvers and all they have to talk about is which villain they fought that day.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mewmdude77

@Hazlenaut said:

They both emotional support first. Spiderman and Marvel Girl are both emotional train wrecks. They both had been rape and have weird pregnant stories. Spidey became a spider monster and gave birth to himself when he died. I am not joking. As for miss marvel A villain hypnotized her raped her and was reborn in her. This link would explain but your mind will be scattered for a week.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5013-Favorite-Ms-Take-Part-1

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/5044-Favorite-Ms-Take-Part-2

Don't forget when Peter was a young boy, he was molested by one of his Uncle's friends!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darthfury78

@ltbrd: With regards to Spider-Man dating a female superhero, I was implying that he should because we could see a side to Peter Parker that we have not known before, which could explain a few unanswered questions about Peter Parker. I have always wanted to see Peter Parker move beyond his partnership with the Black Cat starting with Spider-Woman or Ms. Marvel. I am glad that we saw Carol on a date with Peter Parker. However, I would like to see him on a date with Jessica Drew. And it's not because she's Spider-Woman. I feel that dating a female superhero doesn't take anything away from Peter Parker at all. It gives him the chance to establish a stronger bond of friendship between Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers which could lead to a possible relationship. But it does not have to be the case, even though the potential is there.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaHans

I would definitely willing to see how Peter and Jessica Drew would work out, if not for just a little while at least, That would be pretty interesting. I think there was always some potential chemistry there.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

No....Please no. Black Cat. Poison ivy, She Hulk or Quinn are the only women I'd REALLY like to see with Spidey.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

MS MARVEL AND SPIDEY FTW. 

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Superguy0009e

i still want spidey to wait a bit to get a girl, this time, him being single actually works

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthfury78

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

No....Please no. Black Cat. Poison ivy, She Hulk or Quinn are the only women I'd REALLY like to see with Spidey.

Gotta expand your horizons. And I would love to see Jessica Drew x Peter Parker in a relationship.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Well maybe I'll be ok with Gwen Stacy, but that's it. Still want to see Spidey get with Ivy

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spideyfan69

Yeah I have always thought Spiderman and Ms.marvel or Spiderwoman would be great couples. And would really like to see it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

I know this is old but did we ever find out who Spider-man was kissing in Madame Webb's vision?(Amazing Spider-man 600#) If so could someone tell me which issue it was.

No Caption Provided

(here's a scan for people who don't know what i'm talking about)

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mewmdude77

@Strider92 said:

I know this is old but did we ever find out who Spider-man was kissing in Madame Webb's vision?(Amazing Spider-man 600#) If so could someone tell me which issue it was.

No Caption Provided

It looks like Ms. Marvel to me

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Hazlenaut

@mewmdude77: @Strider92: It could be Gwen Stacy daughter from Sins Past. what happen norman raped Gwen and used her children for experimenting to kill Peter. If that happens to be Gwen's kid... I don't what to say. Did the moon just got blasted?

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mewmdude77

@Hazlenaut said:

@mewmdude77: @Strider92: It could be Gwen Stacy daughter from Sins Past. what happen norman raped Gwen and used her children for experimenting to kill Peter. If that happens to be Gwen's kid... I don't what to say. Did the moon just got blasted?

I hate Sins Past. I really hope they don't bring that back. I don't think it is though, it looks like the girl he's kissing is wearing a domino mask, like Ms. Marvel wears. Also, now that you mention it, the moon does look a little blasted up... so maybe it's not happened yet, maybe it's gonna be part of the new Spider-Man arc?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@mewmdude77: Yeah I didn't like Sins Past either it was pretty pointless. So I didn't miss an issue? We haven't seen who that was yet? I think your probably right its Ms Marvel.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By luckydomino1

honestly a super hero relationship would be great right now all the drama from him keeping secrets from his human girlfriends would be gone

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spideyfan69

Does he really need to be in a "relationship" per say, I feel like he should just hook up with Ms. Marvel at least once so that both of them relieve sexual tension and go on with their lives. Marvel Characters do stuff like this all the time.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyfan69: No Spider-Man doesn't need to be in a romantic relationship. But I could see Spider-Woman and the Black Widow having more of a presence in Spider-Man's world in place of the Black Cat. Especially with Dr. Ock in charge of Peter's body. I have a feelings that Jessica and Natasha knows that Superior Spider-Man is not Peter Parker.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want either of them in a relationship with Spider-Man.

amazngsp1drman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man & Kate Bishop

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They don't need to be in a relationship with him.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Spiderman has had enough tail in 60 years

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By animehunter

@darthfury78: I see no evidence that Natasha / Black Widow or Spider-woman / Jessica Drew know that Superior Spider-Man is not Peter Parker. They might suspect something is off with him due to his actions and behaviour, but as for knowing he is not Peter I doubt it.

@strider92 said:

No Caption Provided

I am almost certain it was supposed to be Ana Kravinoff, but I never found an issue that showed it, as I believe it was supposed to happen if he made the wrong choice and since he didn't it never occurred.

If you look at the image below you will see she has the same hair colour and a similar mask to that in the vision

No Caption Provided

As for who I believe would make or have made a good match for Spider-man/Peter Parker (He will return), I will put my full support behaing

Silver Sable

Unfortunately, with how Mary Jane & Black Cat have been written the possibility with them having a relationship with him don't seem to be in the cards right now and might not be for a while.

But if I'm honest, I would have to to say my actual support would definitely have to go to Silver Sable, because I see her as a mixture of the two. She has the serious but impulsive side of Mary Jane and the adventurous and look after oneself confidence of Black Cat. Because every-time I read an issue where Spider-man & Silver Sable teamed up I always felt that she had more than a romantic interest in him and the interaction between them felt more than your average conversing and looking out for ones team-mate, it was even made more evident during ASM #679 & ASM #685, and it was played with in the last three pages of What If...? #21 - What if the Amazing Spider-Man had Married the Black Cat?

What if #21-1
    What if #21-1
    What if #21-2
    What if #21-2
    What if #21-3
    What if #21-3

Just a quick FYI, you might have heard she died at the end of the Ends of the Earth arc, but according to Julia Carpenter she is actually still alive and her story is far from over, also her body was never found.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Oh wow I think you're right. Damn its a pity that didn't happen. Spider-man and Kraven's daughter sounds like a pretty awesome arc to be honest O.O

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I do agree that as long as Slott's writing Spider-Man, I doubt that Felicia or Mary Jane will play an active role. With regards to Silver Sable, let's not forget that her role in Ends of the Earth was originally intended for Felicia. On the other hand, I could see Jessica and Natasha talking on the role of Black Cat in Spider-Man's world.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Still waiting for reed to royally screw up and spidey just slip in unnoticed...would be awesome and johnnys reaction would be priceless. But realistically Ms Marvel was really pushed for awhile to be a possible relationship but then it was dropped like a brick

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By darthfury78

@dh69 said:

Still waiting for reed to royally screw up and spidey just slip in unnoticed...would be awesome and johnnys reaction would be priceless. But realistically Ms Marvel was really pushed for awhile to be a possible relationship but then it was dropped like a brick

The reason why it was dropped was because of Dan Slott's opposition to the idea. It was Brian Reed who created the set up for Peter and Carol's date. Once Slott became the full time writer for Spider-Man, Peter's relationship with Carol was halted. But I feel that Peter's relationship with a female superhero(With Superpowers) should be expanded to include Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Psylocke, while non-super powered ones should include the Black Widow and Silver Sable. This would give a Spider-Man writer a choice as to which heroine to use in place of the Black Cat as Peter's partner in a guest spot. And when I mean heroines to use as alternates to the Black Cat, I mean to say heroines who are attracted to Spider-Man. But it doesn't mean that Spidey has to have a romantic relationship with any of them. Although the option is there as it was with the Black Cat. However, I would rather see a long term friendship between the said heroines with Spider-Man in the same manner that we have seen with Betty Brant and Mary Jane.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling said:

That reminds me, I wonder how Black Cat's gonna react to the Superior Spider-Man if they meet again.

I think that such a meeting is not likely to happen anytime soon. There was a reason why Slott wanted to get rid of Felicia. In the original version for Ends of the Earth, Felicia was to have died in Silver Sable's place. Considering that Dr. Octavius despised the Black Cat, he'll stay as far away from her as possible. This is why the Black Widow and Spider-Woman will assume the guest spot role that is reserved for the Black Cat. I would love to see Felicia in Hawkeye's world and Daredevil's in exchange for the Black Widow and Spider-Woman residing in Spider-Man's world.

No Caption Provided

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By animehunter

@darthfury78: I'm happy to hear that Black Cat isn't likely to be involved with the Superior Spider-man book, to have those two mix it up, EEWWWWW, and I am also happy that she didn't "die" at the end of "Ends of the Earth" arc, not the I am at all happy about what happened to Silver Sable either.

But thankfully there is still a big chance of Silver Sable returning, check my post above, #27 and my thread at her forum: ALIVE?Julia Capenter says YES, No body, No funeral(Spoilers)

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Kinda funny that you brought me here darthfury78, because of what I said in your earlier thread lol

Anyways, back to the topic.

I think Jessica Drew would be a good choice for Spider-Man, seeing as they have similar powers that are very spider-like. Black Widow may be a close one, seeing as she's shown feelings for him about Silver Sable's death, and him beating up villains, and killing one.

If Silver Sable does come back somehow, and someday, then just maybe she can be a good choice for Spider-Man.

Ms. Marvel isn't bad, but I pretty much pretty the first three I mentioned.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: The cover you have, was it ever released, would I be able to get a hold of a copy. if so is there a page for it on Comicvine.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By animehunter

@saiyan_earthling: My vote will, as I said previously, be for Silver Sable. BUT, only if Peter is back in the driving seat.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By PunyParker

Felicia all the way....and MY GOD!!!

Since the Black Cat was Spidey's first superhero relationship, don't you feel that Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman should be next in line?

No Caption Provided

Who drew this!!!!????
    This Spidey is awesome!!

BUT, only of Peter is back in the driving seat.

Damn straight!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really don't care who he dates, I still think Gwen was a great girlfriend for Pete. But I think it would be interesting dynamic between, Spider-man and Spider-woman. I know this will never happen in 616, but in the Ultimate U, I had really enjoyed Peter and Kitty Pryde's relationship and wished it lasted longer. It was a cute relationship.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, here are the list of women I'd like to see him date. It can be DC or Marvel BTW:

5) Carlie Cooper

4) Lois Lane

3) Harley Quinn

2) Black Cat

1) Poison Ivy...Duh

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like spidey with blakc cat. And as for spider woman and ms.marvel... There is chemistry in there relationship and i would be happy if marvel made them canon.. however I doubt marvel would.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

I like spidey with black cat. And as for spider woman and ms.marvel... There is chemistry in there relationship and i would be happy if marvel made them canon.. however I doubt marvel would.

The only thing that we might see is a close friendship in the Earth-616 realm. I do not think that anyone here expects such a relationship to get to the Mary Jane level. The only person who could fall into the Mary Jane category is Betty Brant. If Marvel actually did a relationship between Spider-Man and a super heroine, most readers will be taking bets on how long it will last. I think that the best alternative is to Peter's relationship with a super heroine at the pals level so that there is a choice for a Spider-Man writer to use a heroine in place of the Black Cat as an alternate in his world.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: Thanks, that is a shame that Marvel never released it

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By muhabba

Is it me or has Spidy had more tail than Squirrel Girl since OneMoreBrandNewMomentInTime? (sexisim is very much implied in my statement. the women in Spidy's world have just been swooning over him left and right, it's kinda silly the way women have been portraid in Spidy comics lately. or is it just me?)

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By saiyan_earthling

If I can just paste those pictures together:

No Caption Provided

Doesn't look that bad here.

Now, I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "What the hell is Tigra doing there?"

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I can just paste those pictures together:

No Caption Provided

Doesn't look that bad here.

Now, I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "What the hell is Tigra doing there?"

The artist who drew the cover must have been a fan of Tigra. The problem was that when Spidey asked her out on a date, she rejected his offer. Then again, this was in the old Marvel Team-Up series when Greer turned him down. Also, Tigra never made an appearance in Spider-Man's world other than Marvel Team-Up in which she appeared 4 times; one of which she appeared as The Cat(Before her transformation). But you could put Ms. Marvel in Tigra's place as Spider-Man hasn't worked with Tigra since the late 1970's.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darthfury78

Craig Zlitscht said: irrelevant but what's the deal with Natasha and Hawkeye? they're just bffs right? She could do way better than him.

Natasha can do a whole lot better than with Clint Barton or Matt Murdock. And that guy would be Peter Parker whose moral compos would compliment her personality. I do not feel that Natasha should be with someone whose personality is similar to her own. She needs someone to catch her off guard in a playful manner.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To whoever said that Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Lois Lane would be a good choice for Spider-Man, just a little reminder: They are from DC.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them, but I would like to see him with Captain Marvel.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.