Spider-Man: Edge of Time Trailer

#1 Edited by DarthStorm (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! Too bad not the same voices as Shattered Dimensions.

#2 Posted by G-Man (30642 posts) - - Show Bio

An interview with the developers will be coming for more information (including questions you guys asked).

Staff
#3 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarthStorm:
Actually two of the voice actors from Shattered Dimensions  are in this game, christopher daniel barnes(noir) & josh keaton(ultimate)     
#4 Posted by brvermee (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't look as good as Batman: Arkham Assylum or Arkham City, for from it.

#5 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I hoped to see Spider-Man Noir again. He was my favorite in Shattered Dimensions.

#6 Posted by DarthStorm (130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: I was hoping for NPH and Dan Gilvezan to return to Amazing and 2099 but they work too
#7 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio
Spider-man games are always fun, shooting webs, swinging through the air, jumping around with incredible agility. What else is needed? Oh yeah, good story line I hope?
#8 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!! :D
More Miguel O'Hara is always a good thing.
I'm smelling a open world sandbox-type of game this time..oh well.. (yeah, I'm one of those who prefer level-based scripted levels rather than boring catching balloons/helping citizen-sandbox games)

@DarthStorm said:

" @Death Certificate: I was hoping for NPH and Dan Gilvezan to return to Amazing and 2099 but they work too "

@DarthStorm said:
" Sweet! Too bad not the same voices as Shattered Dimensions. "

Yeah, about that. Spidey's voice actors from both cartoons, the 90s one and Spectacular, are great and all that. But I would have loved for Miguel O'hara to use the same voice actor - which was pretty badass. Too bad..oh well...
(NPH is great too, but he didn't came out as a great Spidey imo)

@brvermee said:
" Doesn't look as good as Batman: Arkham Assylum or Arkham City, for from it. "

Do you guys need to always make the same kind of comments all the time too?
And a banana doesn't have the same taste as an apple, it's not a reason to bring it back to the store anyway!
Different kind of characters do require completely different games.
#9 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool.

#10 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1875 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

@DarthStorm said:

" Sweet! Too bad not the same voices as Shattered Dimensions. "

Yeah Dan, forgot his lastname, was spidey 2099 in shattered dimensions. been cool if he came back to reprise his role.
#11 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
"@DarthStorm: Actually two of the voice actors from Shattered Dimensions  are in this game, christopher daniel barnes(noir) & josh keaton(ultimate)      "

Yes! As long as they kept Christopher Daniel i'm happy
#12 Posted by brvermee (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz: I am only talking about the graphics, I'm not saying it will be worse then Batman, could be better even.
#13 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7744 posts) - - Show Bio

ah hmm err it looks like a cool story but the graphics are Play station Two worthy im a little hesitant

#14 Posted by TheBuck (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool but if the narrator is Peter that will bug me. He sounds to manly for Peter.

#15 Posted by Dirty__1 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool but another Spidey game so soon after Shattered Dimensions?

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! 

@Dirty__1: Yeah that's Activision for you, they just see the games as money makers and force to developers to spit out a game in a year. *cough* Call of Duty *cough*

#17 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man... Time Traveler.......... Reminds me of the the last seasoan of Spider Man: The Animated Series... 
#18 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks more like a Shattered Dimensions DLC

#19 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't look like anything is different then the last game. i'll play it cause i love some spider 2099

#20 Posted by MatPaget (32 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
" @DarthStorm: Actually two of the voice actors from Shattered Dimensions  are in this game, christopher daniel barnes(noir) & josh keaton(ultimate)      "
Good choices!
#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12518 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome, they kept the two best voices from the last game (though i did like both of them)
#22 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me that I still really need to get Shattered Dimensions!
#23 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mumbles said:
" doesn't look like anything is different then the last game. i'll play it cause i love some spider 2099 "
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Though, I'm sure they'll improve a lot of the stuff from Shattered Dimensions since they're apparently just using Amazing and 2099 and don't have to worry about Noir and Ultimate. Which kinda sucks, Noir was my favorite part in SD.
#24 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

It looked good to me for a trailer of gameplay. 
I liked Shattered Dimensions, going to be interesting how putting it down to just two Spidermen will be.
#25 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

I just noticed that spidey can lift bigger objects in this trailer.
#26 Posted by HellionVulcan (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew 2099 spidy would get a better chance to shine as that version of spider-man is up there as the best ,if only they made a moon knight game .... dreams .

#27 Edited by Golden Cod (412 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor!!!!! said:

" Spider-Man... Time Traveler.......... Reminds me of the the last seasoan of Spider Man: The Animated Series...  "

Hells yeah!   Spidermen of the Multiverse vs Spider-Carnage!   Those 90s Marvel cartoons were epic.
#28 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBuck said: 

" Looks cool but if the narrator is Peter that will bug me. He sounds to manly for Peter. "

I think the narrator was Miguel actually, cause he was talking about the original Spider-Man in the past tense.     
#29 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

This or Arkham City... so hard to choose...

#30 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player said:
" This or Arkham City... so hard to choose... "
I enjoyed both Shattered Dimension and Arkham Asylum. But Arkham just provided you with more bang for your buck.
#31 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctor!!!!! said:
" Spider-Man... Time Traveler.......... Reminds me of the the last season of Spider Man: The Animated Series...  "
I would play a game based on that season!
#32 Posted by SoA (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

more and more popularity for spider-man 2099. maybe he will get his own game , maybe a 2099 line of video games , a kid who grew up in the best decade (90s) can only dream

#33 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Same stupid engine, same stupid gameplay, ten bucks no free roam, this game is going to suck as bad as Shattered Dimensions. The only good thing to Dimensions was Noir.

#34 Posted by WilliamHenry (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player said:
" This or Arkham City... so hard to choose... "
Seriously? Arkham City is going to be the better game, without question. I like the Spider-Man games, but they're glorified beat-em ups. So much more depth and variety, not to mention better story telling, with the Arkham games.
#35 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio

That was really awesome :D

#36 Posted by dorsk188 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one rule.  If a Spider-Man game has a sandbox NYC and I can webswing around as much as I want, I will at least rent it.  If not, I'll wait for the next one.  I'm not saying level-based games aren't good (even better), but I play Spider-Man games to experience being Spider-Man.    

#37 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

awsome
#38 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool, but a lot like Shattered Dimensions

seems more like a sequel than a new game

#39 Posted by delcqo (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it's going to be a fun game. Hopefully it's not as repetitive feeling as Shattered Dimensions though. Maybe they'll come out with a Noir/Ultimate game too?

#40 Posted by nursury0 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the story
But they need to improve the gameplay

#41 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks very good

#42 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I hope the story gives the feel of a death struggle for Amazing Spidey and a race against the clock for 2099 Spidey. I also like the graphics (though the webbing on Amazing Spidey's costume kinda bugs me, the improved Spidey insignia makes up for it). I've never liked the "hyper realistic" look for a Spider-Man game that works for a Batman game. I also like the Shattered Dimensions feel about it. Though its not a sequal, I like some kind of familior feel between various games of the same title. Though the lack of free-roam again bugs me, in the death struggle story I'm hoping for wouldn't really work to full effect so unlike Shattered Dimensions this one has an exuse. Here's hoping for alternate costumes including Battle Damaged Spider-Man (for Amazing) and Spider-Man Unlimited (for 2099).

I'm also real glad for the voice actor choices. Josh Keaton is my difinative Spidey and Christopher Barns (my diffinative Noir Spidey) is a much better Spidey now then in the 90's series (MY OPINION. He just sounded too "Heroic" for Spider-Man, but since voicing Noir Spidey he's deffinatly worked out that problem) though Dan Gilverzan is my diffinatve 2099 Spidey. (NPH is my diffinative MC2 Peter Parker FYI.)

I'll admit Arkham City will be better, I just love Spidey too much, so I'm adding this to the top of my list of "Games I must get this year" list.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.