Spider-man Confidential?

#1 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

After One More Day when they erased Spider-Man's origin from history, do you think they are going to do a Spider-man Confidential? After all they are going to have to fill in a lot of back-story since Pete and MJ never married. My only problem is that it's going to affect a lot of other titles like: Daredevil, Iron Man, X-Men,Civil War, etc, Spider-man such a major character and he did play an important role in every appearance he ever made. He's like the Nightwing of Marvel comics.

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man's history wasn't erased. Unless otherwise stated, everything has still happened. The events that haven't happened are Spider-Man: The Other and the Death of Harry Osborn. Everything else has happened, including Civil War, Back In Black, etc.

#3 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah what he said, everything up to the marriage happened. It was just they got into a fight and broke up instead. Some recent stories have been confirmed to be erased but there are a lot still unanswered. Mainly anything that involved MJ, ie. Harry's death was because of his jealousy towards Peter for getting MJ and causing his father to die, and most of the recent stories have dealt with his family problems.
Post Edited:2008-02-11 13:26:44

#4 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

They've even said that Spider-Man unmasked himself during Civil War, just that no one remembers who was under the mask. (Lame cop-out). But if that's so, it must mean that he still DIDN'T register since Jackpot mentions he's not. Huh? Make up your minds, Marvel.

Staff
#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe he did register and everything, but like you said everyone forgot who he is and he already went rogue. I assume since everyone forgot who he is, all his files are erased from the database too.

#6 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

All the footage from the press conference must have disappeared too. Darn that modern technology.

Staff
#7 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"All the footage from the press conference must have disappeared too. Darn that modern technology."

And don't forget all posts on internet forums. Or maybe they don't have internet in Marvel.

#8 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"All the footage from the press conference must have disappeared too. Darn that modern technology."

Damn Mephisto!

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked The Inititive's solution better.

#10 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the solution?

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

It involved the Scarlet Spiders and their cloaking technology. They made it seem as if Peter was just another one of them and not the actual Spider-Man. Something like that. I'll try to find pictures.

#12 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, that was in Mighty Avengers right? I read 1 issue that was talking about that but I didn't get it.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

It was in Avengers: The Initiative, but not enough people read that. That's probably why it wasn't used. It made more sense to me (still looking for images) and didn't involve all the technology in America failing. It just cast some doubt on the reveal, it didn't make the whole world forget.

#14 Posted by Doctor Dare (789 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that the events of "One More Day" Erased Venom.....Is that true?

#15 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"It was in Avengers: The Initiative, but not enough people read that. That's probably why it wasn't used. It made more sense to me (still looking for images) and didn't involve all the technology in America failing. It just cast some doubt on the reveal, it didn't make the whole world forget."

Oh yeah that's what I meant, Avengers: The Initiative. I only read like 1 or 2 issues from that series.

#16 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Dare says:

"I heard that the events of "One More Day" Erased Venom.....Is that true?"

Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it. Venom didn't need Spider-Man and Mary Jane to be married to exist. And there really hasn't been any confirmation on that.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Found some images:

#18 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah I did read that issue haha... must've been skimming it.

#19 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it is still a freaking mess to me.

#20 Posted by Sensational Spidey (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#21 Posted by Sensational Spidey (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I was thinking that since Peter and MJ were never married that means that they never had a baby and that means that Ben Reily never replaced Peter so he may still be alive wondering the country.

#22 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

The way he was killed didn't involve MJ, so I can see Reily still being dead. But you never know.

#23 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

That could happen, but it doesn't have to happen.

#24 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Black Cat? She left Spidey once she found out his secret identity. Then she came back when he was married. She kept her distance from him because he is with MJ. So if MJ was never there then that means Cat should be real tight with Peter.

#25 Posted by Knightwing (333 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"That could happen, but it doesn't have to happen."

But still.... Arrgh(headache) alright I'm not even going to try and understand what's happened and what's not (massages head). You guys could turn this into a much more useful forum.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.