Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Where is pete post secret wars? In all new all different avengers we see miles...pete isn't even mentioned... where'd he go? Did he die?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Where is pete post secret wars? In all new all different avengers we see miles...pete isn't even mentioned... where'd he go? Did he die?

Nothings been mentioned yet, but it has been mentioned or implied that Amazing will return post Secret Wars, whether Peter will be returning is still unknown

From C2E2: Sneak Inside The Marvel Unlimited Plus Event

Slott's turn came up next, saying that "Amazing Spider-Man" #18 is the last issue before the "Secret Wars" event comes. The issue will feature Black Cat's continuation down an evil road, and pages from the issue depicted Ghost fighting Spider-Man. Two full page shots of Ghost and Black Cat by Humberto Ramos were revealed, with the characters standing in the midst of flames. Slott noted that Peter Parker's supporting cast will be returning for this story, after taking a bit of a backseat during "Spider-Verse."

and Lowe did say we should get something of an answer in Secret Wars #1

From C2E2: Marvel Reveals The "Last Days" Of "Secret Wars"

A fan then asked how Spider-Man will be spending his last days, to which Lowe responded that will be answered in "Secret Wars" #1.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..Hi guys...I stopped buying a Spiderman comic at the start of Spiderverse...bit out of touch..is it worth getting back into the Spiderman main comic...or if not, what do you recommend at the moment? I am hearing good things about Spiderman 2099

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..Hi guys...I stopped buying a Spiderman comic at the start of Spiderverse...bit out of touch..is it worth getting back into the Spiderman main comic...or if not, what do you recommend at the moment? I am hearing good things about Spiderman 2099

read 2099. I dropped TASM after spider-verse also, the writing is bad. Otherwise just wait until post secret wars and pick up any new spider books that come out after that

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10905  Edited By Zarius

@bezza said:

I'm currently reading the newspaper strip at the moment (Black Widow is guest-starring in the latest arc and will be a bodyguard for Mary Jane while she films her movie, and Harry Osborn and Hobgoblin are also back), you can find it pretty easily if you google it so try and catch up on it if you like. You should also try reading Silk, it's proven to be a pleasant surprise.

As said by @amazingspiderman15, the writing is really lousy on the main book at the moment, and we don't know what kind of quality we'll get with Renew Your Vows, but you may want to keep an eye on that one as elements of it will carry over into the books after Secret Wars.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Who is this artist??

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@bezza said:

Spider-Man is getting a "married" series this month.
    This seems to be worth it.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10912  Edited By Zarius
    No Caption Provided

Wacky "What Ifs"...There's one alternate universe where Peter and MJ had a child with the powers of Captain Universe. Shame we never saw this cosmic counterpart to Mayday in Spider-Verse.

Newspaper: Seems Mary Jane did'nt check into the hotel Peter told her to stay at, wonder if she let Natasha's insults earlier last month get to her? Or maybe she checked in under a different name to avoid detection by The Hobgoblin?

The strip teased Natasha becomes a stunt-woman sometime this week, so I presume MJ's movie shoots are going to play a part in the story again.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10913  Edited By Jimishim12

Why the flarksh is a marriage more interesting than Spider-Man himself, especially him kicking someones ass?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10914  Edited By Zarius

@jimishim12 said:

Why the flarksh is a marriage more interesting than Spider-Man himself, especially him kicking someones ass?

On the Troll Hard-ometer, you're ranking in on "A Good Day To Troll Hard"

Give up and go away. Maybe when you have a deep and meaningful relationship (fat chance), you'll understand ass-kicking is'nt what always makes a compelling story.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10915  Edited By Jimishim12

@zarius said:
    @jimishim12 said:

On the Troll Hard-ometer, you're ranking in on "A Good Day To Troll Hard"

Give up and go away. Maybe when you have a deep and meaningful relationship (fat chance), you'll understand ass-kicking is'nt what always makes a compelling story.

Yeah I don't get what you say because comics are about action shit and aren't meant to be taken seriously, and projecting a real life relationship to a fictional couple is for losers bro. I'm sure if you are married you'd understand she wouldn't like being compared to a fictional character nor find it attractive equating herself to a comicbook, and not be creeped out.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10916  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker

From Marvel.com

Eight Amazing Moments from the Spider-Marriage

While currently single, Spider-Man spent 20 years, from 1987 to 2007, as a married man. When tragedies mounted beyond a breaking point and Mephisto offered a dark bargain, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson sacrificed their shared life together.

For Dan Slott, that aspect of the Webslinger has remained untouchable for years. Thanks to Secret Wars, however, with artist Adam Kubert, the writer can finally chronicle the adventures of a very married Wallcrawler in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS.

To welcome back Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson-Parker—and remind fans why people loved their union—we now look back at eight Spectacular moments from their romance.

Kraven's Last Hunt

No Caption Provided

Peter and Mary Jane’s newlywed ways ended up almost immediately derailed. Kraven, driven to prove his superiority to Spider-Man by assuming his identity, buried Peter alive for two weeks. With only his love of Mary Jane to fuel him, Spider-Man emerged from the Earth shouting his devotion to her. He makes sure to return home to hold her first before going after Kraven.

Kravinov's Revenge

No Caption Provided

Chameleon, knowing Spider-Man’s secret identity, sets out to imitate Peter and destroy the Webhead. MJ, however, sees through the ruse immediately and takes down the shape shifter with the aid of only her wits and a baseball bat. The moment affirmed that she knew her husband well enough to see through even the most potent of ruses and that she would not be content to be some damsel in distress.

Fun N' Games

No Caption Provided

Alistair Smythe, grief stricken and hungry for vengeance following his father’s death, kidnaps MJ and her Aunt Anna, thinking the redhead to be Spider-Man. Mary Jane keeps the villain jumping through hoops while Spidey works the case from the opposite direction. Delightfully, the story closes with MJ paying for dinner with the money she netted from selling a Spider-Man photo to the Bugle.

Venom

No Caption Provided

After Venom terrified Mary Jane, it becomes clear that Spider-Man must stop his doppelganger. Balancing her still lingering trauma and the need to cover for her absent husband, MJ digs up the classic red and blue suit and telling Peter the time has come to ditch the black one now co-opted by his enemy.

All of Me

No Caption Provided

This Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale collaboration revolves around Peter looking back on his first love, the doomed Gwen Stacy, in an external monologue that Mary Jane, unbeknownst to he husband, overhears most of. As he becomes aware of her presence, Peter rushes to apologize, an act of contrition MJ silences with a simple reassuring, “Say ‘hello’ for me and tell Gwen I miss her too.”

A Time to Love

No Caption Provided

Hovering near death from poison, Peter goes to Mary Jane to break the news. Before he can, however, she reveals she has a bulletin of her own: they’re going to have a baby. Despite his weakened state, it sends her husband bouncing off the walls. In the midst of a particularly dark period of their lives, it came as delightful reminder of their love and how rewarding, in general, marriage can be.

To Have and to Hold

No Caption Provided

Quiet, thoughtful, and largely without any on-panel action, this story tracks Peter and Mary Jane reminiscing about their early relationship as both face down the possibility of arrest. The strength each draws from those memories makes their moment of reunion a burst of joy followed, immediately, by a drawing of New York City at its most beautiful.

The Wedding

No Caption Provided

Where it all began; this story took the couple and the fans through the possible objections and fears that might derail their relationship. In the end, however, all those reasons amount to nothing, and Peter and Mary Jane declare their commitment in front of friends, family, and several of Marvel’s finest heroes. Although, in true Parker fashion, the couple were both late to their own service.

Coming up...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Secret Warscommence in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1 on June 3!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've also come across these variant covers for Amazing Spider-Man #17 & Spider-Gwen #3 drawn by Mike McKone

Image not great, but if you head below someone tried to recreate it, it's actually pretty close

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg2Nzg=/z/wp8AAOSwBLlVLJMJ/$_57.JPGhttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODMxWDU1OA==/z/CiIAAOSwv0tVJ~Uu/$_57.JPG

http://i.imgur.com/nNXLBu7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5AtA9nB.jpg

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

Nice to see Marvel arrange a selection like that, it's worth noting only two stories from the 2000s are up there, no sign of JMS's marriage stories sadly.

This ought to shut Jimmy the troll up further too, rofl.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10919  Edited By PunyParker
    The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

SPIDER-MANDATE: Lowe Talks Spidey & Friends on the Edge of "Secret Wars"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/articles/0/0/1/HEADER-mandate.jpg

Welcome to SPIDER-MANDATE, CBR's regular column featuring the lowdown on everything Spider-Man. Whether it's the core adventures in "Amazing Spider-Man," the upcoming "Secret Wars" event or other titles in Spidey's corner of the Marvel Universe, Peter Parker and company have a lot on their plates.

Shepherding the flock of web-swinging titles is Marvel Senior Editor Nick Lowe, who brings his years of experience as head of the X-Men books to Spider-Man -- and it means he's the man with all the answers when it comes to what's up with Peter Parker and Co.

SPIDER-MANDATE: The Lowe-down on "Secret Wars," Tie-Ins and Stacey Lee

This week, Lowe gives us the run-down on the impending "Secret Wars," touching on everything from what books Spidey readers should be picking up to fan questions centered around the event Lowe says "is everything" right now in the Marvel U!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/AM-SM-RYV-3-1962b-1d9a3.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/AM-SM-RYV-3-VAR-527a8.jpg

Editor Nick Lowe calls "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" the "Grand Poobah" of Spidey's "Secret Wars" tie-ins

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/AM-SM-RYV-3-1962b-1d9a3.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/AM-SM-RYV-3-VAR-527a8.jpg

CBR News: The biggest thing right on the horizon is "Secret Wars." There's a lot of specific "Secret Wars" tie-ins and books that are ending with "Secret Wars," so to start off why don't you give us the lay of the land: for Spidey readers and fans, what characters should we pay attention to going into this event, and what "Secret Wars" books and tie-ins should people be picking up and paying attention to?

Nick Lowe: Sure! The Grand Poobah of the Spider-Man "Secret Wars" books is, of course, "Renew Your Vows." That one is written by Dan Slott with amazing art by Adam Kubert and that one focuses on Peter Parker, his wife Mary-Jane Watson and their daughter. It takes place on a region of Battleworld and basically delves into the Spider-Man a lot of readers kind of want, or at least that's a lot of the feedback we got when that marriage went away -- it's right back there and shows Peter as a family man. It's not just domestic bliss, sadly. It's Parker luck: the better his personal life is going, the worse life in general gets for him, and this is no exception. We've got a huge villain, incredibly high stakes and it's an incredible Spider-Man story that Dan Slott has planned for you guys. And when it's drawn by Adam Kubert, you know it's going to look gorgeous.

Slott & Kubert Tackle "Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" in "Secret Wars"

Then we have "Secret Wars: Spider-Verse" which, like I've mentioned before, it spins directly out of the "Spider-Verse" event we finished back in January/February. It involves Spider-Gwen. It involves Anya Corazon Spider-Girl. It involves Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man India and Spider-Ham and these characters find themselves in a region of Battleworld where things are very complicated for them. I don't want to give away too much but they find themselves in a very strange world, one they don't belong in. This is one of the few "Secret Wars" books, and I can't say too much about the structure of it until that comes out, but it zags where a lot of Battleworld/"Secret Wars" books zig. It's a really special book, but the core are these really incredible characters, and writer Mike Costa gives them such incredible voices that ring true to their characters, and also push them in new directions. With art by Andre Araujo brings such a fullness to the world around them and just a great energy to it -- we sent the first issue to the printer and it's such a delight with a big 'ol oversized first issue, it's going to knock people's socks off.

Coming up we have "Secret Wars: Spider Island." This series is so good! It's written by Christos Gage and actually it's two stories each; Christos Gage writes the main one with Paco Diaz on art and it hits a lot of the chords from the now classic "Spider Island" event, picks it up and spins it in a slightly different way that people will dig. Peter Parker is there but he's in really rough shape, so it's up to Flash Thompson to try and figure out a way to defeat the Spider-Queen. It's an incredible story with some of the most insane characters in it. I think we solicited the second issue and Cap Wolf is in it, the Iron Goblin -- who is the Iron Goblin? You'll have to read to find out! We've also got a very vampiric-looking person who looks a little like Captain Marvel, you've got to read to find out because we haven't talked much about that yet, and a huge lizard character who can't just be Curt Connors. Everyone needs to pick that book up, that book is great. If that's not enough you've got an MC2 story that Tom Defalco, Ron Frenz, Sal Buscema and company are going to bring us. For any MC2 fans you've got to pick this up; even if you aren't, pick it up and find out what you've been missing all these years from those books.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/SWSPISLAND2015001cov-b0e31.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/SPIDERVERSE-1-905dd.jpg

Past events like "Spider-Island" and "Spider-Verse" are just the tip of the Spider-Man iceberg as Battleworld reshapes the Marvel U

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SWSPISLAND2015001cov-b0e31.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SPIDERVERSE-1-905dd.jpg

Then we've got a couple of "Last Days" comics that we haven't announced yet and people should keep their eyes peeled for more. There's one more, and it's kind of half Spidey, half not, but it's roots are in Spider-Man stuff and that is "Secret Wars: 2099." Spider-Man is not going to be a big part of that, but it will be the "Spider-Man 2099" team of Peter David and Will Sliney and they're going to give you an angle on the future you've never seen before.

Peter David Brings the Dark Future of "2099" to "Secret Wars'" Battleworld

That was actually going to be my next question -- with "Spider-Man 2099" is ending, is the "Secret Wars" version still under your Spider-Man purview?

Oh yeah. Devin Lewis, who is assistant editor on "Spider-Man," is editing that book. He's the editor of "Spider-Man 2099" so any Spider-Man 2099 fans should head over to this book because it's going to have some lasting impact -- and the Spidey team you've grown to love is over there. They've been doing something really special, there's only been one "Spider-Man 2099" of this run done by anyone other than the incredible artist Will Sliney. He and Peter really have gelled well and they run at 60 mph at all times. Wait, that's not fast enough -- 100 mph at all times! [Laughs] They're going to keep some of the same threads, but they are going to find themselves on Battleworld and they've got a lot of curveballs up their sleeve for you.

We've got things happening on Battleworld and potentially status quo-shattering repercussions for the Marvel Universe. Tonally for these books, is the goal for each to still feel like an extension of that book or prior event? If I pick up "Spider-Verse" will it feel like it could tonally fit in with the bigger "Spider-Verse" event, or if I pick up "Renew Your Vows" it feels like what Dan's been doing on "Amazing?"

Oh absolutely! So much of comic readership right now, and I'm assuming you, too, follow creators often more than you follow characters; at least that's what some of the super-fans end up doing. Our hope is that is going to happen, but we definitely want these to strike the chords of the events they are extending off of. But we want to also look at it from a new angle. These aren't just retreads. They're kind of taking the spirit and the idea, and each one is a little different. "Spider-Verse" is a much clearer continuation of what was going on in that event where "Spider Island," it's been longer since that one so I wouldn't say it picks up directly from there but it picks up a lot of themes and takes it to the next logical step and pushes it in another direction. In "Renew Your Vows" Dan is, in a way, taking where "Brand New Day" started and taking it down a different road. But a lot of the stuff he's been doing in "Amazing Spider-Man" resonates in there and it's going to have a lot of lasting effects in the future of Spider-Man.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/SCWARS-2099-1-fc98a.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/SW-2099-3-abc04.jpg

"Secret Wars 2099" comes from Peter David & Will Sliney, the creative team behind "Spider-Man 2099

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SCWARS-2099-1-fc98a.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SW-2099-3-abc04.jpg

There are three books right now that are seemingly not tying in or ending to launch a new "Secret Wars" series: the "Silk" ongoing, "Spider-Woman" ongoing and "Spider-Gwen," though she is appearing in other titles and is taking a break in July. With these three books, because they are brand new books that came out of a different event are they going to be more to the side of what is happening in "Secret Wars?"

Well "Secret Wars" is everything, no matter what. Everything ends with "Secret Wars." We haven't quite revealed the full extent of how all these things work, but nothing is safe, no one is safe. With "Spider-Gwen" it's more than just a break. "Silk" and "Spider-Woman" you're going to wait and see how they interact, but we're just getting started with "Secret Wars." You've only solicited the first two months of it. At Marvel we like to let these books shape what we do rather than get to crazily lockstep into everything happens at once, this one month everything changes! We haven't played all of our cards yet -- and this is going to sound ominous and it probably should -- but nobody is safe. It doesn't matter what's going on. Our biggest mantra is, and this is true, "Everything ends with 'Secret Wars.'" When we come out the other side it's going to be different. Everything is going to be different. I wish I could tell you more, but that's all I feel comfortable saying right now.

Since you took over the Spider-line one of your big things was there being a Spider-line: there's more titles, we've expanded the Spider world and characters, etc. With the recent expansion push and with "Secret Wars" so close, do you feel Spider-Man fans are really coming to the end of an era?

Again, it's just so tough to talk about with "Secret Wars" coming up! I wish I could claim credit for everything but you get some explosions, you get things you plan and things you don't plan. I'm so pleased with how our line has been expanding in a fresh, new and exciting way, and that's not to dis things that have come before me. I certainly didn't invent Spider-Man spinoffs! We've had books like "Venom" and "Scarlet Spider" and things that have come out before. But we are trying to do something different, we are trying to put our own spin and take things to a new place. I couldn't be prouder of the work. It's a little sad that it's so soon into some of this stuff "Secret Wars" is hitting, but knowing long-term plans for everything, I'm still pretty stoked about where we're going to come out on the other side. It's just not going to be where we left off.

Obviously "Secret Wars" is the big news here, but for the Spider-books in general is there anything non-event related worth highlighting?

"Secret Wars" touches everything but I hope people are still picking up "Spider-Woman" #5. We went in a new direction with Jessica's character after Spider-Verse and what that did to her, so I hope they pick up #5, #6, #7, the hits just keep coming. I hope people are reading that, and that everyone enjoys what's in those books leading up to "Secret Wars," but it's a pretty crazy time now!

Costa Ensnares "Secret Wars" in the Web of "Spider-Verse"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/ASM2014018-cvr-2aac6.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/150/0/1/SWOMAN2014007-Cov-e02bf.jpg

"Amazing Spider-Man" -- as readers know it -- ends with issue #18, while Lowe encourages readers to pick up books like "Spider-Woman" and "Spider-Gwen" despite the changes brought about by "Secret Wars"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM2014018-cvr-2aac6.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SWOMAN2014007-Cov-e02bf.jpg

Then let's hop over to fan questions, the first one from Spider-Chan who says: Dear Mr. Lowe, Is "Spider-Verse" going to be a ongoing? I need Anya on a monthly basis and Supaidaman and SP//dr to show up somewhere!

[Laughs] That's hilarious. Well "Spider-Verse," all of these series coming out of "Secret Wars," we haven't told everything about them yet, but the biggest thing fans should know is that you vote with your wallets. The more people who pick up "Spider-Verse" the better chance it has for continuing on for a long time. How long will these things last? It has to do with the story but it also has to do with how much interest there is in that. That's always been true at Marvel, at least as long as I've been here. The more people pick it up the more we are apt to give you more. Nothing says that clearer than a book like "Spider-Gwen." People ate that book up, every print of that [debut] issue sold out, so we said, "Oh yeah, we need to do more of this! We need to do more with Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez." That message we got loud and clear. So if you want more pick up "Spider-Verse" and tell your friends to pick up "Spider-Verse."

The next question is from John Ossie who asks: Will we see Julia Carpenter in Secret Wars? If not any plans for her in 2015? Thank you in advance lol.

[Laughs] We do have Julia Carpenter stuff going on but I can't point out exactly where. It's not going to be where you expect it, though, I can tell you that much. We'll be seeing some Julia Carpenter, but not where you expect.

And then lastly fan Animehunter asks: Dear Mr. Lowe, With all these Last Day arcs appearing on a number of titles, should we expect one for "The Amazing Spider-Man" as well?

For "Amazing Spider-Man" our last story with Dan and Christos Gage and Humberto Ramos is issue #18. After that it's all "Secret Wars." After that you get a little bit more Spidey in the Gerry Conway/Carlo Barberi story "Spiral" spinning out of the point ones of "Amazing Spider-Man." We don't get a "Last Days" story for Peter Parker, no no, but there are some we haven't announced yet. Keep your ears peeled!

We'll be back to discuss what's next for Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and the rest of the Spider-line as "Secret Wars" ramps up, so make sure to send questions our way by heading over to the SPIDER-MANDATE CBR Community thread!

@punyparker

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10922  Edited By animehunter

From Thwip Studios

Spider-Man Mary Jane The Wedding aka Parallel Lives

Loading Video...

Published on 6 May 2015

He's Peter Parker: a shy, introverted teen whose life changed forever when a radioactive spider bit him. She's Mary Jane Watson: product of a broken home, concealing her pain with an outgoing party-girl persona. She’s Spider-Man's girlfriend, wife and confidante - but Mary Jane Watson won't stand in ANYONE'S shadow! This red-headed knockout has plenty of her own stories to tell! Learn about MJ's tragic upbringing, how they meet, fall in love and get married. This is their story. The classic 1989 graphic novel adapted to motion comic! Witness the origin of one of the world’s most famous couples: Peter Parker, and Mary Jane Watson.

Based on the work by Gerry Conway and Alex Saviuk

Featuring the Voice Talents of:

MICHAEL MALCONIAN as Spider-man/Peter Parker

ALICIA HARRIS as Mary Jane Watson, Gayle

MARTYN LUKE as Uncle Ben, Doctor Octopus

CAITLIN BUCKLEY as Aunt May

KEATON BOGLE (DMARIIN) J. Jonah Jameson, Scientist, Cop

KYLE KONIGSMARK as Priest, Scientist, Dr. Connors

Spider-Man vs Sinister Twelve

Loading Video...

Published on 6 May 2015

Motion Comic Based on Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-man run. For the complete story, check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydT_...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3CPU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eehup...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQdsx...

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10923  Edited By Zarius

Something very important to note here @animehunter@punyparker

In "Renew Your Vows" Dan is, in a way, taking where "Brand New Day" started and taking it down a different road. But a lot of the stuff he's been doing in "Amazing Spider-Man" resonates in there and it's going to have a lot of lasting effects in the future of Spider-Man.

Basically, this could mean we are resuming the storyline from where "Back In Black" or somewhere close to that left off, and this is definitely a timeline where Peter said "no" to Mephisto in OMD. Aunt May is shown to be alive in those photos where MJ was pregnant, so it could mean elements of OMIT play a part where May was miraculously saved by "the power of love" anyway, but...yeah, this is exactly what we needed. Potential resolution to the marriage conundrum where we previously stood with it, we were essentially interrupted for seven years, so it's nice to get something that follows on from that, and gets to incorporate elements from Slott's work on Spidey since then so that once the smoke clears on Secret Wars, we should be left with an intact continuity one way or another.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Guys, just read Secret Wars issue one, pretty damn awesome stuff.

Mr Fantastic, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Star-Lord, Cyclops, the female Thor and the Amazing Spider-Man are the only survivors of both the Ultimate and Main Marvel universes... as far as we know.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv said:

Guys, just read Secret Wars issue one, pretty damn awesome stuff.

Mr Fantastic, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Star-Lord, Cyclops, the female Thor and the Amazing Spider-Man are the only survivors of both the Ultimate and Main Marvel universes... as far as we know.

Sh*t yeah.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10926  Edited By Zarius
    No Caption Provided

And in ASM today

Felicia tries to kill May and Jay by randomly trying to burn them and all her things, a whole year's gone by and Peter still does'nt catch her even after she kidnaps and nearly murders his Aunt

Sigh

Fun with figures

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what happens in TASM 18? is it worth buying?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick Guide To Marvel's Secret Wars Event

Loading Video...

Jonathan Hickman Reveals Secret Wars - The Watcher 2015

Loading Video...

@punyparker

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv: Actually, the cabal, Ultimate Reed Richards and Miles all definitely survive because they were in The City (or whatever Reeds thing is called)

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10930  Edited By Friv

@camstevens80: Ah, right, gotcha. I was pretty confused about that thing, I kinda thought the whole 'two Earth's colliding' was something it wouldn't survive, guess Ultimate Reed thought of a way to survive just like 616 Reed did.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10932  Edited By Zarius

@amazingspiderman15 said:

ASM usually never is, and this was no exception. Nothing remarkable, and it just throws Felicia under a bus further.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

ASM usually never is, and this was no exception. Nothing remarkable, and it just throws Felicia under a bus further.

is this the last issue of TASM before RYV?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

Yes. We're done with this particular universe for now.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
    @zarius said:

Yes. We're done with this particular universe for now.

If you take a look at my previous post #10869, you'll see I tried to calculate when it will start up again, I placed my guess at it starting up again in October

This is what I posted

As we all know Amazing Spider-Man will be on a break during Secret Wars (Except for Conways .1 issues) while Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows takes the slot, at least for a bit.

Right now they haven't how many issues there will be, but If my calculations are correct according to Amazon, the trade will be 136 page which I calculate could be 6 issues if each issue is 20-22 pages, including bonus pages

• Amazing Spider-Man #18 - May 6th, 2015
    • Secret Wars #1 - May 6th, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 - June 3rd, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man #18.1 - June 3rd, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2 - June 17th, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man #19.1 - June 24th, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #3 - July 1st, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man #20.1 - July 29th, 2015
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #4 - TBA Possibly August
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #5 - TBA Possibly September
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #6 - TBA Possibly September

Although issues #4-#6 (calculated) are unknown right now, if I was to guess I would say Amazing will start up again with issue #19 in October

As for Spider-Gwen, Silk, Spider-Woman & Spider-Man 2099

• Spider-Man 2099 ends with issue #12 on May 13th, 2015
    • Spider-Gwen looks to be continuing with issues #4 (May 6th, 2015) & #5 (June 3rd, 2015) and will then be on a break until after Secret Wars, When, unknown
    • Silk looks of be carrying on with issues #4 (May 13th, 2015), #5 (June 10th, 2015), #6 (July 22nd, 2015)
    • Spider-Woman looks of be carrying on with issues #7 (May 6th, 2015), #8 (June 3rd, 2015), #9 (July 22nd, 2015)
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

In "Renew Your Vows" Dan is, in a way, taking where "Brand New Day" started and taking it down a different road. But a lot of the stuff he's been doing in "Amazing Spider-Man" resonates in there and it's going to have a lot of lasting effects in the future of Spider-Man.

Basically, this could mean we are resuming the storyline from where "Back In Black" or somewhere close to that left off, and this is definitely a timeline where Peter said "no" to Mephisto in OMD. Aunt May is shown to be alive in those photos where MJ was pregnant, so it could mean elements of OMIT play a part where May was miraculously saved by "the power of love" anyway, but...yeah, this is exactly what we needed. Potential resolution to the marriage conundrum where we previously stood with it, we were essentially interrupted for seven years, so it's nice to get something that follows on from that, and gets to incorporate elements from Slott's work on Spidey since then so that once the smoke clears on Secret Wars, we should be left with an intact continuity one way or another.

Dude get over it, Spidey is not being married to MJ after secret wars. The interview has already said, Peter will suffer more in life the more he gains significant personal happiness, so theres gonna be a retcon where MJ may or may not be with Peter but she and Peter won't be husband and wife.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude get over it, Spidey is not being married to MJ after secret wars.

Yep.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
    No Caption Provided

And in ASM today

Felicia tries to kill May and Jay by randomly trying to burn them and all her things, a whole year's gone by and Peter still does'nt catch her even after she kidnaps and nearly murders his Aunt

Sigh

Fun with figures

I still think there's something going on with her, something that is making her behave this way.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10940  Edited By Zarius

@jimishim12 said:
    @zarius said:

Dude get over it, Spidey is not being married to MJ after secret wars..

Thankyou for completelymisinterpreting my post.

I was merely pointing out that Dan is going to use the idea of "What If Peter said No" as the launching pad for RYV, meaning we would get closure on what a married life post-OMD would have looked like. It does'nt mean we're getting the marriage long-term neccersarily. However,, Lowe said in the same interview that a lot of these series, could well become ongoings if there is an interest in it.

Frankly, neither you, @punyparker, or I, or ANYONE knows ANYTHING about what's going on, so let me speculate the way I want to.

Also, Peter and MJ will likely still be married in the newspaper strip. Either way, I win, and you will continue to lose. MJ will remain the endgame whatever happens, YOU deal with THAT.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
    No Caption Provided

And in ASM today

Sigh

Fun with figures

I still think there's something going on with her, something that is making her behave this way.

Yeah, Peter says it might have something to do with her powers.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10943  Edited By animehunter

@zarius said:
    @animehunter said:
    @zarius said:
    No Caption Provided

And in ASM today

Sigh

Fun with figures

Yeah, Peter says it might have something to do with her powers.

My thoughts as well, seems to be what ever his next move is, it's going to involve him removing said powers from her. That means we could see the appearance of Doctor Tramma

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingspiderman15: @zarius: @punyparker:

Just want to say this about ASM #18 (I can't even say the full name anymore ughh)

It's only worth a scan through to find out what going on, 15-25sec read, that's all you'll need, maybe 5secs longer for Black Cats part, even though as @zarius put it "they threw her under the bus" again, but that's it. it was that bad.

and you know what got me through that debacle, the final 3 pages of All-New Captain America Special #1 - Inhuman Error: Part 3 of 3, It was brilliant writing, definitely that si Peter

EJP68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10945  Edited By EJP68

#

@punyparker: Question? Why is the New Amazing Spider-Man comic book (2014 - present) ending at number 18. I can't find anything that say's 19 is going to be released. The next title is Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows number 1. Does this have anything to do with the Secret Wars that was released yesterday, May 6?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10946  Edited By Zarius

@ejp68 said:

#

@punyparker: Question? Why is the New Amazing Spider-Man comic book (2014 - present) ending at number 18. I can't find anything that say's 19 is going to be released. The next title is Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows number 1. Does this have anything to do with the Secret Wars that was released yesterday, May 6?

Several Marvel comics, ASM included, are taking a break while Marvel tells the Secret Wars story over the summer. @animehunter has projected when number 19 may be published, but nobody knows anything concrete about the kind of books Marvel will publish in September. Until we're informed of more in later weeks or months, the only issue 19 we know of is 19.1 and onwards, which will continue Gerry Conway's Spiral storyline. 616 Spidey's adventures will continue in that, he will also guest star a bit in Silk, and he was one of the Incursion survivors in Secret Wars so you're best reading that if you want to see how he fares

Renew Your Vows is part of the Secret Wars "War Zones" label, all the books that form part of the line are said to be the building blocks of the new Marvel Universe.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BLEEDING COOL http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/07/spider-gwen-to-explode-at-marvel-after-secret-wars/

No Caption Provided

She began as a character suggested by Dan Slott for Spider-Verse. But Spider-Gwen, the parallel universe version of the late Gwen Stacy, the one in her universe bitten by the radioactive spider, and recreated into that universe’s Spider-Woman by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodrgiguez exploded in terms of popularity. Her first appearance in Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 far outshone what was expected to be that series’ break out hit, the Japanese robot version of Spider-Man from My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way. And Marvel were quick to catch up with that, giving the character her own book.

But that, I understand, is just the start. I have been told that “big things are happening in the Spider-Gwen Universe” in the near future. Because one monthly comic book is, apparntly, nowhere near enough for Spider-Gwen…

@animehunter@punyparker

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ejp68 said:

#

Absolutely.
    It's basically, Spider-Man's Secret Wars story.

And yes, it is VERY complicated.....basically Amazing ends with 18.

@zarius said:

Several Marvel comics, ASM included, are taking a break while Marvel tells the Secret Wars story over the summer. @animehunter has projected when number 19 may be published, but nobody knows anything concrete about the kind of books Marvel will publish in September. Until we're informed of more in later weeks or months, the only issue 19 we know of is 19.1 and onwards, which will continue Gerry Conway's Spiral storyline. 616 Spidey's adventures will continue in that, he will also guest star a bit in Silk, and he was one of the Incursion survivors in Secret Wars so you're best reading that if you want to see how he fares

Renew Your Vows is part of the Secret Wars "War Zones" label, all the books that form part of the line are said to be the building blocks of the new Marvel Universe.

And this.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10949  Edited By Zarius

No Caption Provided

First look at Carnage in Spider-Gwen

https://instagram.com/p/2HoA_MCHF2/

EJP68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10950  Edited By EJP68

@zarius: thanks guys for the information, I have been out of reading comics for a while. Just started collecting again with ASM 2014 - to present. I had left off on ASM 605. I just acquired 700 and have read up on Superior Spider-man. It's an interesting chain of events that has occurred since I stopped. Do you think the new Secret Wars will revert the Marvel Universe back to a more consolidated universe?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.