Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

From Newsarama

Readers To Decide If SECRET WARS Is A Reboot Says Marvel E-i-C

So, this whole Secret Wars thing -- what is it all about?

If you're reading this, you probably already have a good answer -- as much as Marvel has revealed thus far -- but for a large majority outside the comics bubble, they may not. Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso spoke with the tech site The Verge for what is in essence a primer on Secret Wars and its associated series.

The interview, conducted by former Marvel intern and now The Verge's news editor Kwame Opame, gives the Marvel Comics head a chance to explain the series as well as speak about the conversation, criticism and speculation about the series and what it means for Marvel Comics going forward.

Alonso would neither confirm or deny that Secret Wars marks a reboot of the Marvel Universe, claiming that Marvel doesn't "believe our continuity or our universe is broken" or "needs to be fixed." That being said, the Marvel E-I-C says he doesn't want to get into an online debate about what happens post-Secret Wars and if it should be defined as a reboot or not.

"It's ultimately for the readers to decide what they're seeing," says Alonso.

Interestingly, although Alonso says that he doesn't believe that the Marvel Universe, in his words, are "broken," does say that Secret Wars will introduce new characters "and, in certain cases replacing, out of necessity, some pieces that were on the board."

Although the long-time editor wanted to remain mum on what Marvel would look like post-Secret Wars, Alonso did say that two titles launching during Secret Wars -- 1872 and Weirdworld -- would continue after the summer event ends.

When asked who the "central" characters of Secret Wars would be, Alonso says that the Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales and Thor would be "very important" to the summer event.

Alonso matter-of-factly that the goal of Secret Wars is "to drive sales," saying that Marvel does that with "good story" and "good art" rather than through "a hologram cover or making a lot of noise."

"Ultimately, you need to make noise to get people to pay attention, but you've got to back it up," Alonso says. "And I think our track record over the last few years has shown that. When I look at some of our successes over the last few years, we're at a position now that people are eating up Howard the Duck and Ant-Man and Ms. Marvel."

Summing things up, Alonso points to what he calls "internet cynicism" that surrounds some comic events and how he doesn't want online conversation to "guide" Marvel.

"I think there will always be some internet cynicism about these events. People that will want us to say, unequivocally, that this is or isn't a reboot, and we won't do that," says Alonso. "I think that what you want to do is read and find out. Or wait till it's over and find out whatever people tell you. But you know, right now, I think that we don't allow internet chatter or cynicism to guide us. We use our own faith in our creators and editorial staff to guide us."

@punyparker

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@animehunter: It is a reboot, Axel.....wheather you want us to think otherwise or not, it is.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10804  Edited By animehunter

Preview (Unlettered/1st Look): Spider-Verse #1 (Secret Wars) - OUT May 20th, 2015

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/4522311-spider-verse_1_cover.jpg

Written by MIKE COSTA

Art by ANDRE LIMA ARAUJO

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

Variant Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ

The biggest Spider-Man event of all time was just the beginning! This May, writer Mike Costa (Scarlet Spiders) and artist Andre Lima Araujo (Inhuman) wallcrawl and webswing through Secret Wars in the pages of SPIDER-VERSE #1! And they’re bringing along a team of some of the most popular Spider-Men and Spider-Women! The battle with Morlun and the Inheriors may be over, but the battle is just heating up! Stranded on Battleworld, a small band of universe-hopping heroes – Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man: India, Spider-Girl, Spider-UK and Spider-Ham – will find themselves face to face with the worst Secret Wars has to offer. How did they get here? What happened to their homes? What tragedy has befallen this region of Battleworld and how will this team of spiders cope? Amidst the horror and the fury of this strange new planet, six spider powered heroes stand alone. United as one, is this a new beginning, or a grisly end? Find out this May in the can’t miss pages of SPIDER-VERSE #1!

COMICVINE

COMICBOOKRESOURCES

NEWSARAMA

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Summing things up, Alonso points to what he calls "internet cynicism" that surrounds some comic events and how he doesn't want online conversation to "guide" Marvel."

And this is precisely why we sing songs like "You're out of Touch"

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: And that's why i dropped ASM until RYV comes out.....

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10807  Edited By camstevens80

@punyparker@zarius You guys do realize it would be really bad business for Marvel to listen to the internet to determine what they did or didn't do... right? I know a lot of you guys said you dropped ASM, and that is your prerogative, but the sales of it have gone up. It's Marvel's only book selling consistently between 90 and 100 thousand copies. If they listened to the thousand or so voices on the internet that don't like Slott, just using ASM as an example, as opposed to the 100,000 who still buy it would sales go up or down. There's a strong possibility that they would go down. It might please the 1000 interneters but it would not please the, let's just say 20,000 who are buying it because of Slott. The internet is a noisy minority. It would be foolishness to let the squeaky wheel dictate what the majority will receive.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Ultimately, you need to make noise to get people to pay attention, but you've got to back it up"

Why can't Marvel just write good stories to get people's attention?

"But you know, right now, I think that we don't allow internet chatter or cynicism to guide us. We use our own faith in our creators and editorial staff to guide us."

That's right Axel, because it's only a vocal minority on the internet. Statistically, how about the thousands of other readers Marvel have pushed out the door who don't voice their opinions online, or is that only speculative? Nobody wants online conversation to guide Marvel, but how about acknowledging some fan's concerns instead of having an arrogant contempt for fans who dare to go and voice an opinion online. How much faith does Axel have in the unprofessional online behavior of his creators and editorial staff to guide him?

Movie studios run pre-screenings all the time before release dates to gauge audience reactions and make necessary amendments. That's a good business model especially since movie studios spend millions of dollars to ensure their films have a chance at commercial success.

It costs Marvel publishing nothing to use the internet to gauge potential customer reaction and yet we're just a bunch of cynical chatterboxes.

Some titles are more popular than others, that's assured, but quantity of sales does NOT equal quality, no matter how subjective. So what if ASM16 sold 92,289 copies. ASM16:1 sold 73,170 copies. Silver Surfer10 sold 21,100 copies and that apparently is the better written book. These are estimated figures of comics sold to North American comics shops as reported by Diamond Comic Distributors.

Do all titles get an equal manufactured print run before distribution? How many of those books actually make it into people's homes and how many are left on the shelves and relegated to the discount bins?

Maybe it's my age, but I would love to read an ASM comic book that doesn't read like a kid's Saturday morning TV cartoon. For now Gerry Conway's point one issues are hitting the mark.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10809  Edited By PunyParker

@camstevens80: Why are you telling me this?!.....i don't read the book because it's weak storytelling.I don't care what sales do, and what you say, if it's weak it's weak.Sin's Past and Clone Saga sold like crazy.So yeah, this isn't an arguement that'll shut me up, man.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10810  Edited By Zarius

RYV is very much Marvel pandering to the internet, prior to this, they were always lumbering in the pro-marriage crowd with the "vocal minority" who opposed the book at the time while the rest of the dumb flock bought it regardless of the quality on offer. People ridicule the Clone Saga a lot, but it sold very well at the time also. So did Maximum Carnage.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10812  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter: Finally, a thing i WANT to read and i actually WAIT for it.....

And yeah that's def 616 Peter.He's bigger than Bagley's 1610 Peter.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Variant for Secret Wars#2

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10815  Edited By animehunter

Sorry accidentally deleted the previous post

here is a reply to said post #10812

Preview (Unlettered): Ultimate End #1 - OUT May 20th, 2015

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Ultimate-End-1-Cover-9738d.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Ultimate-End-1-Marquez-Variant-9f3e6.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Ultimate-End-1-Bagley-Variant-24841.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Ultimate-End-1-Young-Variant-f8f05.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Ultimate-End-1-Christopher-Variant-f4879.jpg

Story by
    Brian Michael Bendis
    Art by
    Mark Bagley
    Cover by
    Mark Bagley, David Marquez, Skottie Young, John Tyler Christopher

New York, NY – April 23rd, 2015 – As the Secret Wars begin, the Ultimate Universe reaches its end! This May, experience it’s heartbreaking curtain call in ULTIMATE END #1! Blockbuster creators Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley – the creative team that helped start it all – will end it with one last, epic story! Miles Morales and the rest of the heroes of the Ultimate Universe face their final extinction. Judgement Day is here and the end is nigh. Yet as they come to terms with the end of all they’ve ever known and all they hold dear – will their gut-wrenching sacrifices make any difference? Is there any hope for the Ultimate Universe or it’s beloved heroes? Find out this May, as an entire universe experiences its final moments in ULTIMATE END #1!

3 page preview with 616 Spidey, I think.

COMICBOOKRESOURCES

NEWSARAMA

@punyparker

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Spider-Man and the X-Men #6 (FINAL ISSUE) - OUT April 29th, 201

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SMXMEN2014006-DC11-6e8cc.jpg

Story by
    Elliott Kalan
    Art by
    Marco Faillo, Diego Saito
    Colors by
    Ian Herring
    Letters by
    VC - Clayton Cowles

Field Trip! Spider-Man and the X-kids blast into space to take down Deathbird’s Brood-Symbiote Imperium! Glob Herman’s finest hour! And the mole’s identity revealed! Maybe we should have led with that one!

COMICBOOKRESOURCES

COMICVINE

Preview: Silk #3 - OUT April 29th, 2015

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SILK2015003-DC11-b90e1.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SILK2015003-DC21-7da54.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SILK2015003-DC31-68364.jpg

Story by
    Robbie Thompson
    Art by
    Stacey Lee
    Colors by
    Ian Herring
    Letters by
    VC - Travis Lanham
    Cover by
    Dave Johnson, W. Scott Forbes

SILK VS. BLACK CAT-- not looking good for Ms. Moon! Silk’s been picking at the edges of Black Cat’s operation and Felicia Hardy has had about enough. Plus a last page appearance of some very familiar folks!

COMICBOOKRESOURCES

COMICVINE

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Well, they emphasised that A-Force will be a leading team book for the new Marvel Universe after Secret Wars. That the Squadron Sinister is the new Squadron Supreme team for the Marvel Universe. Future Imperfect characters will become players, as well as those from 2099, and certain 1892 characters as well. Other books that will play a part in the new Marvel Universe include AVX, Weirdworld and the monster team, the Howling Commandoes.

And next week, we will all get Marvel’s first proper post-Secret Wars announcement, entitled “8 Months Later”…

-Bleeding Cool.com

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man Death of Jean DeWolff Episode 03

Loading Video...

Published on 24 Apr 2015

Spider-Man: The Death of Jean DeWolff

A shotgun-wielding maniac is carving a path of death and destruction through the innocent people of New York City. He’s claiming lives, most recently the life of a dear friend of Spider-man. He's the Sin-Eater, the man who takes the world's sins for himself by killing every sinner he sees. When will the madness stop? How can the grieving hero track down a villain with targets everywhere he goes? Join the wall-crawler for a frantic search through New York City as Spidey races against the clock to stop this madman before it’s too late. And when Spider-man is finally able to subdue him, will he be able to handle the consequences of what he had to do? Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider -Man # 107-110, 134-136

Based on the Peter David Story

Featuring the Voice Talents of:

MICHAEL MALCONIAN as Spider-man/Peter Parker

KYLE KONIGSMARK as Stan Carter Cop, Lawyer, Kingpin, Reporter, Talk Show Host, Extras

CAITLIN BUCKLEY as Jean DeWolff, Jean's Mother, Betty Brant, Extras

MARTYN LUKE as Ernie, Gerald, Priest, Manager, Extras

ALICIA HARRIS as Mary Jane Watson, Reporter, Extras

KEATON BOGLE (DMARIIN) J. Jonah Jameson, Judge, Gang, Doctor, Extras

SETH BRAMWELL as Electro, Cop, Doctor, Priest, Jean's Father Extras

---

Spider-Man 90's Trailer (Future Motion Comics from Thwip Studios)

Torment (July 17, 2015)

The Return of the Sinister six (July 31, 2015)

The Invasion of the Spider-Slayers (August 14, 2015)

Maximum Carnage (August 28-September 11, 2015)

Loading Video...

Published on 24 Apr 2015

---

Spider man vs Kraven

Loading Video...

Published on 24 Apr 2015

To see the full story, check it out at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPMx...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J72pE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VA7Z...

and subscribe to our channel for more!

---

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10819  Edited By Zarius
    No Caption Provided

It has been through a fair number of printings. And now it’s official, Spider-Gwen #1 is one of the best selling comics of the ear, topping 300,000.

David Swallow and Peter G have been reporting for Bleeding Cool at the C2E2 Retailer breakfast.

And with these sales, Marvel wanted to assure retailers that the series will not be going away during or after Secret Wars.

The Month Of Gwen variant covers in June, 20 covers total, is just the start.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/24/spider-gwen-1-has-now-sold-over-300000-copies/

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleeding Cool explains Secrets Wars

Loading Video...

and their last week's video

Loading Video...

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10822  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

I've separated Spider related news to make the easier to find, for the rest use the spoiler tags

C2E2: Marvel Reveals The "Last Days" Of "Secret Wars"

Marvel began their trio of "Secret Wars"-centric panels on Saturday with a spotlight on the titles falling under the event's "Last Days" banner. Creators and editors of the involved series gathered onstage to discuss -- and reveal new information about -- the series heading into the event. Included on the panel was editor Nick Lowe and Dan Slott (writer, "Silver Surfer"), Al Ewing (writer, "Loki: Agent of Asgard") and Ryan Stegman (artist, "Inhuman"), Dennis Hopeless (writer, "Inferno") and Charles Soule (writer, "Inhuman").

Moderator Nick Lowe kicked off the panel by introducing the panel to rounds of applause. Editors Jon Moisan and Jake Thomas are running late because they are conducting portfolio reviews. Lowe revealed that he gave Stegman a portfolio review at Chicago nine years ago, that didn't go well. "Neither of us were very happy about how it went," said Stegman, laughing.

"I think it was probably my first or second year as an assistant editor at Marvel so I knew nothing," said Lowe. "I apologize to Ryan regularly about the horrible advice I gave him."

Lowe gave a quick intro to the "Last Days" concept and showed the cover of "Ms. Marvel" #16, the first part of the title's "Secret Wars" tie-in. Lowe commended the series for its multiple Eisner Award nominations and praised the character as "one of the best new characters" at Marvel. Lowe then gave a rundown of the "Secret Wars" event, saying that the events of this story come from the pages of Jonathan Hickman's "Avengers" books.

"In 'Secret Wars' #1, you are going to see the last two remaining universes -- the Marvel Universe and Ultimate Universe -- collide in one of the craziest comics I've ever read," said Lowe. "No character is untouched by what is going on."

Next up came covers for "Magneto's" "Last Days" tie-in, one of which includes a favorite character of Lowe's -- Sugar Man. "Black Widow's" "Last Days" cover for issue #19 came up next. Series editor Jake Thomas spoke about the story, saying that writer Nathan Edmondson has been interested in Natasha Romanoff's guilt. "He's really invested in finding out her history and it's all culminated to this 'Last Days' story. Nathan wants to look at where Natasha is in the present, which is a very bad place, but he's also going back to the very beginning of her story. He wanted to find the worst thing that Natasha ever did during her Red Room days and it is a story that is incredibly emotional and instrumental towards understanding who she is. It's going to be very exciting."

"Punisher" came up next, and editor Thomas continued to talk about Nathan Edmondson's other street-level Marvel series. "He's been building up to these issues his whole run. It's going to be a cathartic moment for Frank and Frank's fans," said Thomas. The editor revealed that the last two issues are going to be "balls to the wall, crazy Punisher action."

Al Ewing then talked about "Captain America and the Mighty Avengers," saying he's aiming to "break as many hearts as possible" with this story. "Just generally, they're reacting to the news of what's happening," said Ewing. "And issue #9 will tell their last hours, what they do in their last hours. I wanted to include the regular people [in this story], the phone operators and regular people that lend a hand and turn up and do what they can. It's the story of what the ordinary people in New York do in their last days. This is a comic that will actually have you in it!"

Lowe asked the crowd if they all knew that they were mighty Avengers. "Your card is in the mail," he joked. "The world dying is all on your watch, so thanks a lot!"

Ewing's corner of the Marvel Universe continued to be explored with talk of his other series, "Loki: Agent of Asgard." "We're going out with a bang," said Ewing. "What's basically happening is the gods of Asgard being gods, they can sense the end of everything and they've got a lot of scores to settle. So massive total war breaks out in Asgard. The fuse is lit by King Loki as part of a plan to try to survive, because that's all he cares about... It's Loki vs. Loki."

"Silver Surfer" #13 took the spotlight next, to a round of applause. Slott shouted out his art team, Mike and Laura Allred, who just received an Eisner nomination. "Issue #11 is one of the craziest comics I've ever read," said Lowe of the next issue.

Slott said that "Surfer" doesn't fit into any "Secret Wars" category, they're just calling the book "Last Days." Slott asked Lowe if he could talk about the cosmos vs. Battleworld. "You're going to be left with Battleworld and there's nothing else in the rest of the Marvel Universe," said Slott, specifying that the Kree, Skrulls, Spartax, everything cosmic is gone. "In the 'Battleworld' and 'War Zones' books, all our cosmic characters were lucky to get back to Earth just in time. Silver Surfer is the one character not on Earth who survives out there in the void. He's been giving Herald powers to recreate the universe," said Slott. "And something else survived too."

Dennis Hopeless' "Spider-Woman" series came up next, which features art from Javier Rodriguez. Lowe tossed it to Hopeless, who talked about Jessica Drew's new status quo, saying that she wanted to go back to street level. "It's the opposite of what Dan was just describing," said Hopeless. "It's very '80s Daredevil, her running around and punching people in the face. Now the world's going to end and we're taking that away from her." Hopeless praised Rodriguez's art, saying that people should at least buy it just for the art.

Marvel then announced a new one-shot, "Last Days of Ant-Man" by Nick Spencer and Ramon Rosanas. Editor Jon Moisan was on-hand to talk about the new one-shot, which arrives on August 5th. "We are exploring how Ant-Man reacts to the world ending," said Moisan. "We see a retirement home of Golden Age superheroes. I know that sounds super thrilling! So this is going to be filling in the Ant-Man universe and him in Miami. He'll be teaming up with a Golden Age hero that we've already seen in the story, but you don't know who it is yet. The cover is a big hint. It's a ton of fun."

While it's not a "Last Days" tie-in, the panel talked about "Inhuman Annual" #1 since Soule and Stegman were present. Soule jokingly asked Stegman if he was reading the scripts. "I feel like I have to just draw a bunch of people all the time," responded Stegman.

Soule then talked about the issue, which the ongoing series has been building towards. "We've been telling a sprawling story involving these new guys and classic Inhuman characters," said Soule. "Everything is going to start humming in the annual. A new guy, Lineage, a bad guy, his power is that he can speak to and access anyone who is in his ancestral line. He can have secret historical knowledge of the Inhumans, and he's been using that against the Royal Family for the whole story and now they've found out what he's trying to do. Ryan was thrilled to find out that I've written a huge battle sequence."

"It's thirty pages of mind-blowing action-packed insanity fest that's the best work of Ryan's career," said Lowe. The editor then turned the conversation to "Uncanny Inhumans" #0, an "unofficial" "Last Days" issue. The issue focuses on Black Bolt, Medusa's husband, and Soule said that the issue finds him trying to redeem himself to Medusa by finding their lost son.

"He's trying to reunite with his son before the world ends," said Soule. "Unfortunately he finds out that Kang the Conqueror has him. You have one of the most powerful characters fighting another one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe." Soule then praised "Uncanny Inhumans'" artist, Steve McNiven. Stegman talked about his writing debut, which happens in the backup of "Uncanny Inhumans."

"I sat there and pounded the story out over a couple hours and went to Nick and he helped out with some ideas," said Stegman. "It was very nerve-wracking, that blank screen."

The "Secret Wars" series "Inhumans: Attilan Rising" came up next, with pages shown from the first issue. "The main concept of the series is a resistance movement," said Soule. "They're lead by Black Bolt and Medusa is the top cop assigned to take them down." The cast will include a classic Ghost Rider previously used in Jason Aaron's run with the character and a new version of Hulk, as well as the Inhuman Naja and Flint, a character that can manipulate rocks.

The floor opened up to questions from fans. When asked how they have gone about saying goodbye to characters with "Secret Wars," editor Nick Lowe said that very question is why "Last Days" exists -- to give these characters a chance to grapple with the end of the world.

The conversation shifted slightly to ask how this ending differs from ending an arc, specifically with the relatively new "Spider-Woman." "Our story takes place right before she has to run off and deal with everything," said Hopeless. "She's just built a new life and her old one comes crashing down to kill everything. We're dealing with that. It's a human thing. You just gotta roll with it."

"One of the things that's different at Marvel is that you could tell 'Secret Wars' was going to happen when Hickman started his Avengers run," said Slott. "We've known this was coming for a long time. It's always been on the map and we've all been thinking about it for a long time."

A fan then asked how Spider-Man will be spending his last days, to which Lowe responded that will be answered in "Secret Wars" #1.

Soule was asked how he handled taking on "Inhuman" given the increased prominence and popularity of the characters. "The point of the series was introducing these characters to new readers," said Soule. "There was a lot of pressure. I know that appealed to Ryan, about working on 'Inhuman.' All of us like a challenge. I'd rather push myself. We're trying to do our best work and hopefully we're pleasing you guys."

"It was pretty intimidating just in general, just the idea of the job," said Stegman, who cited the opportunity to create new characters appealed to him. "I spent so much time on the designs of these characters because I wanted them to be classic so they'd be around a long time."

A fan worried about apparently low-selling series, like "Captain Marvel" and "Ms. Marvel," asked about sales numbers and if Marvel ever planned on releasing digital sales numbers, to which Nick Lowe responded that the numbers online are generally wrong and very low. All their book sales are private, but he assured the fan that "Ms. Marvel" is in no danger of cancellation, citing how well the trade paperbacks for that series, "Hawkeye" and "Captain Marvel" sell. Lowe assured the fan that those books are in no danger of being canceled. "We've got really big Captain Marvel plans for years to come that I can't wait to share with you," said Lowe.

@punyparker

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fan then asked how Spider-Man will be spending his last days, to which Lowe responded that will be answered in "Secret Wars" #1.

@punyparker

Can't wait....

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

I've separated Spider related news to make the easier to find, for the rest use the spoiler tags

C2E2: Marvel Maps Out "Secret Wars'" "Battleworld"

On Saturday at C2E2, Marvel followed up their "Last Days" panel with another "Secret Wars"-centric discussion, this time focusing on the Senior Editor Nick Lowe, editors Jake Thomas and Jon Moisan, Charles Soule (writer, "Civil War"), James Robinson (writer, "Armor Wars"), Joshua Williamson (writer, "Red Skull") and Jonathan Hickman (writer, "Secret Wars").

Moderator Nick Lowe kicked off the panel by asking Jonathan Hickman to describe the main "Secret Wars" book, which started as Hickman's ultimate plan for his "Avengers" run and has grown into something more. Hickman praised his artist, Esad Ribic, and said, "You guys are going to dig this, even if it's written terribly, it's gorgeous." Lowe showed off four pages from "Secret Wars" #1, which featured numerous characters from the Marvel Universe locked in a heated battle. Lowe asked Hickman to describe what happens in the first issue, prompting Hickman to answer, "Everybody dies."

Like other Marvel events, "Secret Wars" will have a number of series that play a role in the main event. First up, Lowe showed the covers for "Inhumans: Attilan Rising," which will be written by Charles Soule with art by John Timms. The cover for #2 features a makeover for Black Bolt, which includes a suit. "He runs this bar where everyone can go, but secretly there's a resistance underneath it," explained Soule. Medusa, Black Bolt's wife in the regular Marvel Universe, has been tasked with taking him down. Soule teased the cast which includes Undead G-Man, a Ghost Rider, and Mega-Rad, an all-new version of Hulk. Soule teased that the tone of the book is very much in line with "Casablanca."

The presentation moved on to "Ultimate End," the series that will conclude the Ultimate Universe. This reveal caused a Miles Morales cosplayer to scream out "No," much to the panel's delight.

"We've been trying something different with this event," said Lowe. "We've been trying to keep this stuff secret, and it's only because we want you guys to get every surprise and twist so it will have an impact on you."

Editor Jake Thomas described the next book, Haden Blackman and Dalibor Talajic's "Master of Kung Fu," by saying, "It's about kicking people." He continued to say that it takes place mostly in K'un-Lun, but in this alternate version of the mystical city, everyone is a martial arts master. He teased multiple different schools, like Black Panther School, Spider School and White Tiger school, that teaches everyone in the land kung fu. The series heads up to a tournament between all the schools that determines who gets to rule the land. The series will star Shang-Chi, the one person that was "literally kicked in the face out of the school," joked Thomas. Shang-Chi will have to go up against his father, who is running the tournament very ruthlessly. "If you like old school kung fu movies or are a big Wu-Tang Clan fan, this is for you," said Thomas. Artist Talajic is actual a martial artist and, according to Thomas, said that Talajic has been waiting to do a book like this for his entire life. "Dalibor is putting every single piece of himself into this book," said Thomas.

The anthology series "Secret Wars: Battleworld" came up next, which will focus on fights. The first issue will have a Doctor Strange-powered Punisher fighting a demonic Fantastic Four. The story was written by Joshua Williamson and features magical bullets. The other story will feature M.O.D.O.K. and his cohorts trying to take over Battleworld. Editor Moisan teased that Blade will fight Howard the Duck, old West Deadpool will fight Devil Dinosaur, the Egyptian Silver Surfer will fight a crocodile version of Abomination and much more. "It's a ton of fun," said Moisan. "A bunch of Wolverines will come together and fight for Mojo. The goal was to do something so outlandish and weird that people have no choice but to pick it up. The creators involved are great."

Writer Joshua Williamson said a bit about his "Battleworld" book, "Red Skull," telling the crowd that in this world, Red Skull is supposed to be dead and his influence is still felt in the realm. "A group of anti-heroes from different realities have set out into the Deadlands to find him and, if he's still alive, kill him," said Williamson. "[Artist] Luca [Pizzari] is great. The detail, storytelling and energy of it is great."

The next anthology series, "Secret Wars: Journal," came up next, with editor Jake Thomas saying a bit about the series. "This is the premiere anthology series in 'Secret Wars'," said Thomas, getting a dig in at fellow editor Moisan. This series will explore parts of the Battleworld setting that haven't found a home in other series. "For instance, if you look at the covers, you can see the Kevin Wada cover of Kate Bishop from the '1602' universe where she is a Robin Hood-esque figure," said Thomas. "It has some of the other 'Young Avengers' characters in it. The other story takes place in a world called Killville, which was created by editor Dan Ketchum. He pitched it as an '80s action movie world where all problems are solved by guns, motorcycles and speed boats." The main characters of the Killville story are Misty Knight and Paladin, two "cops who play by their own rules." Thomas revealed that Scott Aukerman of "Comedy Bang Bang" has a story focusing on psychiatrist Doc Samson trying to cure a world full of Hulks.

The audience applauded when art from "Thors" appeared on the projector. "We can't tell you much about this book," said Lowe. "It's going to be an incredible series. It has Beta Ray Bill, Destroyer, Storm-Thor -- a lot of really cool stuff in there that we can't talk about yet."

James Robinson spoke about his series, "Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies." "As you've seen in the map, there's an area called the Dead Zones," said Robinson. "It is where certain elements abide. Among those elements are the Age of Ultron, the Bendis series, and the zombie world which is where all the Marvel Zombies are. They are in a war for land and turf and control. In the middle is a pocket of humanity, like in one of these old westerns where there's one fort surrounded by hostile environments. They're trying to hold on while these two sides are tearing at each other. There's a lot of mayhem, violence and black comedy, but there's also these characters that love each other trying to survive."

There's another zombies book coming out, called "Marvel Zombies" written by Si Spurrier with art by Kev Walker. The series will star Elsa Bloodstone of NextWave fame, which will put her monster-killing talents to use. Lowe then showed the cover of "Ghost Racers." "Ghost Rider" scribe Felipe Smith will write the series with art by Juan Gedeon. The covers kept coming when the presentation cycled to "Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde," which is written by Sam Humphries with art by Alti Firmansyah. The series stars "Age of Apocalypse" Kitty Pryde, not the one from the main marvel Universe.

Thomas talked a bit about "Siege," a book by Kieron Gillen that the editor teased by saying, "I love crazy nonsense." He said that Gillen pitched the book as "NextWave meets tragedy." The series will deal with the terrifying areas of Battleworld that are separated from the rest of the domain by The Shield, which Thomas teases is "a presence, and an amazing thing to see visually." Thomas said that Kieron will be using favorite characters from his previous runs as well as characters he's never written before. This includes Abigail Brand, which Thomas described as "hardcore." "Every day these hordes of zombies and Ultrons attack this wall to get through to the other side, and they are forced to be on this wall and hold them back -- a siege if you will," said Thomas. The series will include a Scott Summers, the 1602 Kate Bishop, a version of America Chavez and Kang the Conquere. "If you like pompous jackasses, Kang is the best," said Thomas with a chuckle. Thomas also revealed that each issue of "Siege" will have three double-page spreads of battle scenes drawn by guest artists.

Lowe ran through the final book in the presentation, the newly announced "Secret Wars: Secret Love." "We're diving right back into the romance comics pool," said Lowe, pointing to the cover which features Kamala Khan and Robbie Reyes. The creators involved include Michel Fiffe, Felipe Smith, Jeremy Whitley, Katie Cook, Gurihiru and more.

The floor was then opened up to questions, which included Jonathan Hickman and Charles Soule discussing the Detroit Lions. Following the quick NFL talk, the panelists talked about where the ideas came from. "I pitched 'Secret Wars' years ago at this point," said Hickman. "It was always going to be the conclusion of my 'Avengers' run, the decision to make it a huge thing came from us sitting in a room and talking about what books people want to write. I'm not joking, that retreat was three days of absolutely fantastic ideas."

"When everybody understood what Jonathan was doing, the story rules were out the window and you could do whatever story you wanted using any part of Marvel," said Soule. "The fun continues throughout the execution of it all."

Lowe then talked about the connection between "Secret Wars" and "Spider-Verse," which picks up from the end of the event and stars Spider-Gwen. "Spider-Gwen is in it, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Ham, everyone is in it," said Lowe. "That book takes 'Spider-Verse' to the next level."

When asked which of the series are pertinent to the main story and how long each series will last, Lowe replied that people can just read "Secret Wars." "The next level of books would be 'Battleworld,'" he continued. "Those are the ones that tie in the closest to the story Jonathan is telling in the main 'Secret Wars' story. The books labeled 'War Zones' are more self-contained. Those are different books for different genres. Each of them is way more self-contained... Then there are the 'Last Days' books, which depict the last eight hours of our characters before the final incursion."

"Those are very sad, too," said Hickman. Lowe joked that those books should be printed on tissue paper. Hickman said that all of these questions will be answered the second week of May when "Secret Wars" #2 comes out.

A fan asked about Sentry and his role in "Secret Wars." Soule admitted that the character will play a role in his "Civil War" series, but kept quiet about how he will be involved in the "Warzones" series.

A Miles Morales cosplayer stepped up to the mic, unmasked, and asked the panel if he would survive. "Everything dies, buddy," said Nick Lowe, with a smile. "Miles" also asked which book the panelists were most excited about, to which Robinson said he was looking forward to "1872." Hickman said that the "Weirdworld" book is "pretty amazing. Jason Aaron has been writing as well as anyone over the past few years, but the art on 'Weirdworld' [by Mike Del Mundo] is great." Soule said he was excited for "Siege," saying that Kieron Gillen is "almost as good as Jason Aaron." Williamson wants to see Chris Sprouse's work on "Thors."

Last up, a longtime Hickman fan asked if "Secret Wars" is leading up to a big reboot of Marvel continuity. "We can't answer that," said Lowe and Hickman simultaneously, to which the fan laughed and said, "I didn't think so."

The panel ended with a question from a little kid actually named Logan, asking if Wolverine would have a role to play in "Secret Wars." Lowe told the little boy that Wolverine is dead, but he will be a part of the "Old Man Logan" series. James Robinson couldn't let the coincidence pass him by and asked Logan if he was actually named after Wolverine.

"I don't know," said Logan with a shrug. Lowe then singled out the kid's father and summoned him to the mic to get to the bottom of this sudden mystery. Was Logan named after the Logan?

"Yes," said the boy's father to thunderous applause.

-----

-----

From Newsarama

SECRET WARS Gets Romantic With MARVEL'S SECRET LOVE

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/147/066/original/Secret_Wars-Secret-Love.jpg?1429970454

They say "all's fair in love and war," and it looks like some Marvel characters are getting some love during Secret Wars.

At Saturday's "Secret Wars: Battleworld" panel at Chicago's C2E2, Marvel announced a new one-shot titled Secret Wars: Secret Love. The series, set for release in August, is an anthology-style book featuring romances with the All-New Ghost Rider and Ms. Marvel as well as a love-triangee between Daredevil, Karen Page and Matt Murdock.

The full list of stories is not available, but creators involved include Felipe Smith, Michel Fiffe, Katie Cook, Jeremy Whitely and Gurihiru.

Secret Wars: Secret Love #1 ships in August.

^ I wonder if this will include Peter and his many many loves No.1 being Mary Jane possibly Gwen Stacy, Black Cat & maybe, maybe a story with Silk, and although not a former love and most likely never happen Silver Sable, why because I want it to. There is also Betty Brant and Carlie Cooper. Oh hell here's the list, believe me there's more The Many Loves Of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

--

@punyparker

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am excited to see spider man in secret wars since convergence has only been ok so I am hoping secret wars does better

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@animehunter: Wow, everything dies, huh? Even Miles, huh?

I'm genuinely surprised Nick Lowe didn't reply 'no, everything else dies but Miles Morales. In fact, the entire new Marvel Universe will be built around Miles Morales, all of Peter's history will be wiped clean and retconned to be Miles' history. That's right, the character you've been reading about for over fifty years was Miles all along!'

Seriously, with the amount of variants that seem to scream Miles Morales, it's pretty clear that Secret Wars is all one big ploy to just get the kid into the main Marvel Universe. There, I said it.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10827  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

C2E2: Marvel's Next Big Thing With Waid, Remender & More

While "Secret Wars" is the major event affection the breadth of the Marvel Comics Universe these days, it's not the only game in town from the House of Ideas. A number of non-event series got a spotlight Saturday at the Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo (that's C2E2) with the latest "Marvel's Next Big Thing" panel.

Taking the stage were Senior Editor Nick Lowe, Editors Jake Thomas and Jon Moisan, "Daredevil" writer Mark Waid, "Captain America" writer Rick Remender, "Spider-Gwen" writer Jason Latour, "Howard the Duck" writer Chip Zdarsky and "All-New Hawkeye" artist Ramon Perez.

Things kicked off with an announcement of a new book from Remender: "Hail Hydra." Drawn by Roland Boschi with covers by Andrew Robinson, the series will flesh out the real purpose and goals of Hydra for the first time with some of that alternate universe New York elements from the writer's "Captain America" run having an effect. The series will star Ian Rogers (AKA Nomad) but will also introduce some new Hydra characters with long term plans for the Marvel U, Remender said.

Waid announced that he and Chris Samnee are nearing the end of their "Daredevil" run, but there are many issues yet. The focus for the immediate future is Matt Murdock's plan to be more open about his life as a vigilante, including a new costume. As Waid said, some fans were unenthusiastic about Samnee's new design, but those people would do well to note that Daredevil didn't have the best fashion sense when he started out. The writer wrapped by promising, "The return of some very in demand villains that we have not touched on yet in our 'Daredevil' run."

In "Spider-Gwen," the immediately popular alternate universe take on Gwen Stacy will interact with Peter Parker in a very emotional scene, but Latour said the creative team also has plans for "Felicia Hardy the Black Cat and ninjas and all sorts of crazy stuff."

Asked about his work on "Howard The Duck," Zdarsky deadpanned that the book would be very changed after Marvel and DC combine universes in the wake of "Secret Wars." He then promised he'd deliver something never seen before in comics – a giant superhero battle in New York City. Then he asked any fans with ideas he could steal for the book to stop by his table in artist's alley.

Looking over Marvel's line of "Star Wars" comics, Lowe teased that a pair of droids who look like C3PO and R2-D2 would appear in "Darth Vader," but they would be much more sinister than fans imagine. "You never thought a protocol droid could make you soil yourself, but I've soiled myself so many times reading that book," he joked.

Waid then described his run on "Princess Leia" as a series that found the secret Skywalker embracing her role as Princess of Alderan and going across the galaxy trying to gather the lost members of her destroyed home planet. Soon, the series will reintroduce classic movie supporting player Nien Nunb.

Lowe then confirmed that Neil Gaiman and Marc Buckingham's run on "Miracleman" will start its reprint run September with an eye towards getting the creators into brand-new material next year. "It will be so interesting to see creators who 20 years after being a part of it who can come back and revisit this with everything they've learned in between then and now," he said. There is a jam variant cover from a score of past Miracleman artists including Gary Leach and John Totleben.

"S.H.I.E.L.D." then came to the fore with the panel announcing a 50th anniversary special starring Agents from Peggy Carter to Nick Fury and beyond with stories by veteran and new writers David Walker, Kathryn Immonen, Jody Houser, Chelsea Cain, Matt Rosenberg and Patrick Kindlon.

Waid's own "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." series will include never before seen flashback pages drawn by Jack Kirby and Jim Steranko. The art was originally put together to pitch the concept of a "S.H.I.E.L.D." series to Stan Lee in the '60s, and Waid said, "Tom Brevoort and I know where all the bodies are buried and where all the hidden pages are" so they found a way to work them into the modern narrative.

Also incoming is a "S.H.I.E.L.D." Omnibus that Lowe said will be the highest page count collection Marvel has ever printed.

Lowe also showed off a round of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." themed variants tied to the TV show, and he confirmed for a fan that Marvel's hope is to get the long-delaye Jonathan Hickman "Shield" series wrapped in time to release in September for the 50th Anniversary.

As fan questions got underway, a common response for anything to do with "Secret Wars" was "Everything dies." Though they did hint that members of "Young Avengers" such as America Chavez may play a key role.

Zdarsky gave a rare serious answer to a query about whether he was trying to emulate the style of late "Howard The Duck" creator Steve Gerber, but he said that his goal in the book was to inject himself into it while keeping the spirit of the original series in tact. Trying to ape Gerber's style would be an overall disservice to the book, he said.

The question over who the mole in the Avengers teased in Remender's "Captain America" was brought up, but the writer deferred to the future issues, saying that Hydra has a very big role to play.

Lowe said that there are currently no plans to crossover the Marvel Universe and the Star Wars universe.

Asked if there were plans for Spider-Gwen after her current mini series ends, Latour said, "There will be things that happen." Immediately, the character will appear in the "Secret Wars" tie-in series "Spider-Verse."

Lowe told a fan that there are no announcements to be made surrounding additional original graphic novels, but if people support current initiatives like "Avengers: Rage of Ultron," there's a better chance of more stuff happening.

Stay tuned to CBR News for more from C2E2 2015!

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10828  Edited By Zarius
    No Caption Provided

Something interesting here

Asked if there were plans for Spider-Gwen after her current mini series ends, Latour said, "There will be things that happen." Immediately, the character will appear in the "Secret Wars" tie-in series "Spider-Verse."

Lowe told a fan that there are no announcements to be made surrounding additional original graphic novels, but if people support current initiatives like "Avengers: Rage of Ultron," there's a better chance of more stuff happening.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-live-marvels-next-big-thing-with-waid-remender-more

Spider-Gwen is a MINI-SERIES NOW?

In "Spider-Gwen," the immediately popular alternate universe take on Gwen Stacy will interact with Peter Parker in a very emotional scene, but Latour said the creative team also has plans for "Felicia Hardy the Black Cat and ninjas and all sorts of crazy stuff."

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I'm really waiting to see this practically unfold.All this sh*t.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10830  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

C2E2: Sneak Inside The Marvel Unlimited Plus Event

First thing on Sunday morning, members of Marvel's comic streaming service -- Marvel Unlimited -- lined up to gain access to an exclusive panel. Moderated by Ryan "Agent M" Penagos, the Marvel Unlimited Plus Member Event also had a number of Marvel's current creators on the panel -- including Jason Latour (writer, "Spider-Gwen"), Al Ewing (writer, "Captain America and the Mighty Avengers"), Charles Soule (writer, "Wolverines") and Ryan Stegman (artist, "Inhuman"). Penagos kicked off the panel by greeting the Plus Members and telling them that they are going to see things that have never been seen before. This reveal was greeted with a round of applause. Penagos urged everyone to turn off their phones, lest the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in attendance have to intervene.

The presentation started off with a spotlight on "Captain America and the Mighty Avengers." Writer Al Ewing talked about the series' upcoming "Secret Wars" storyarc, which falls under the event's "Last Days" banner. "It's the last day in issue 9, which is where all the heroes and support staff going through the last day," said Ewing. "One thing we're doing is making everyone a Mighty Avenger in the final issue... Anybody can be an Avenger, you just have to want to help out." Ewing teased that the cast members of his book will appear in the main "Secret Wars" series; he also said that an alternate version of She-Hulk will appear in "Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders," the series that takes the place of Ewing's Avengers title. The series depicts the war between two neighboring Battleworld dominions. "She-Hulk has a big part in that, or rather a version of her does," said Ewing. "And she has a big role in 'A-Force.'"

Penagos then asked the audience to close their eyes while cycled through the Dan Slott slides, as the "Amazing Spider-Man" writer had not shown up yet. "Dan's going to come in and blow you away when he talks about the stuff you're not seeing now," said Penagos.

Soule's turn came up, with the writer discussing the upcoming "Inhuman Annual" #1, which caps up a year of stories. "The way 'Inhuman' has worked we told a lot of small stories," said Soule. "All of them were part of a larger plan we're now executing. They're making this gigantic superhero action thing where every Inhuman in the Marvel Universe is in it. Ryan had to draw all of them, which he was excited about." A spread from the annual appeared, featuring a segmented double-page image of a dozen Inhumans including Medusa, Lockjaw and more. Soule explains that a villain named Lineage, whose power is to talk to anyone in his ancestral line, has access to lost Inhuman knowledge and he intends to use it against the humans. Medusa, who appeared in another interior page in a new armored-up version made of wreckage that she's attached to herself with her hair, takes up the fight against Lineage. "I think Ryan has done the work of his career on this series," said Soule.

Another spread was shown, which featured Ms. Marvel and Lockjaw surveying the big battle. "The whole issue is riots and fights," said Stegman, the issue's artist. "We expanded on all the characters we created's powers. There are new things you'll see the characters doing... Everything towards the end of this run has felt very epic and like '90s 'X-Men' to me, with tons of characters who all have a purpose."

At this point, Dan Slott showed up to a round of applause as the presentation continued to "Inhuman" #14, which hits stores on April 29th. "Lineage is a chess player, working every angle," said Soule. The interior pages from the issue showed Medusa using her prehensile hair as fists deflecting the offensive rainbows of the "evil hippie" Grove. The following page depicted a character that makes an unexpected return in the issue.

"Don't tweet that!" said Slott. "You've now had something spoiled just for you!"

Slott's turn came up next, saying that "Amazing Spider-Man" #18 is the last issue before the "Secret Wars" event comes. The issue will feature Black Cat's continuation down an evil road, and pages from the issue depicted Ghost fighting Spider-Man. Two full page shots of Ghost and Black Cat by Humberto Ramos were revealed, with the characters standing in the midst of flames. Slott noted that Peter Parker's supporting cast will be returning for this story, after taking a bit of a backseat during "Spider-Verse."

"Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" came up next. "It's a world where Spider-Man and Mary Jane have always remained married," said Slott. The writer told those in attendance a big secret about the daughter depicted on the cover, saying that she's not what everyone expects. Interior pages from the issue appeared next depicting Mary Jane and Peter going through an average day, mixing web fluid on the kitchen table, before segueing into a more serious talk about how they can keep his secret identity hidden from his little daughter.

Slott's other ongoing series, the Eisner-nominated "Silver Surfer," came up next. "Something you need to know about [#11], Mike Allred is so proud of this issue that he bought a crate of them at cost because he knows he wants to give people this issue for the rest of his life," said Slott. The writer discussed the story, saying that everyone should buy the physical comic because the digital experience will be vastly different from print. "The story will still make sense, but you'll have a fun time if you buy the comic in print," said Slott. "You're going to play with this comic while reading it. The main guts of this comic is a story all in one take. The main guts -- there are 11 extra pages -- is 11 double page spreads that interconnect. It just keeps going. On top of that, the top half of the comic goes forward and the bottom goes backwards. The giant comic is a Moebius strip." Penagos then showed the interior pages all joined together, featuring a mind-bending flip and two dual narratives. The writer teased that there are even more twists -- story twists -- in the issue aside from the twisty narrative.

A round of applause erupted when Penagos asked who in attendance was reading "Spider-Gwen." Writer Latour talked about the interior pages by Robbi Rodriguez from issue #4, which depicts Gwen going through an "existential crisis." "In the fourth issue, we take a much needed breath of fresh air and meet her neighbors and the people she grew up around, who just happen to be Aunt May and Uncle Ben," said Latour. "It was very emotionally driven. I had a lot of fun writing it. I'm a sucker for Aunt May, doesn't matter who plays her in the movies, she makes me cry. She's a lot like my mom. I've written a lot of characters that channel my father, but this is one of the few that channels my mom." The art featured May prominently, including scenes between Gwen and the iconic aunt. Latour said the quiet issue allows Rodriguez to act more like an indie filmmaker.

"Howard the Duck" #3 came up next, which Latour talked about since Zdarsky was absent and he drew a five page section of the book. "Howard is hired to find out if Wolverine is really dead or not because a Logan impersonator's life has fallen apart," explained Latour.

Marvel's cartoons came up next -- "because it's early and I like watching cartoons," joked Penagos. A clip from this week's upcoming episode of "Avengers Assemble" played, showing the team going up against Ultron -- and not being entirely effective. The clip ended with Captain America and Iron Man coming into conflict with each other.

Next up came a clip from "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web-Warriors," which Penagos revealed will feature a guest appearance by Mark Hamill. The clip featured an appearance by Arnim Zola after being discovered by Spider-Man and the Amadeus Cho Iron Spider. Hamill will be voicing Arnim Zola.

A clip from "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." episode 19 was played, depicting the reunion of the show's original cast. The clip featured Jemma Simmons reporting for duty on Coulson's team and the reassembled group boarding the Bus. The clip ended with Ward sarcastically saying, "This is great, we finally got the team back together."

The final clip, which isn't exclusive, was a clip from the soon-to-be-released "Avengers: Age of Ultron." While Latour, Ewing and Stegman watched the clip of the Hulkbuser fighting Hulk, Soule and Slott opted to remain unspoiled by covering their ears and eyes. "I will say that if you're like them and trying to remain unspoiled," said Penagos, "there's stuff in the final movie that you don't see in there and that scene goes on for a lot longer. There's a moment two minutes after that clip ends that is one of my favorite scenes in any action movie ever."

Penagos opened the floor to questions, which included a fan in full Lizard cosplay asking -- through his elaborate Lizard mask -- if Curt Connors has a role to play in "Secret Wars." With the sprawling nature of the event, Slott noted that everyone is going to show up, possibly even obscure character Top Dog. "Don't make promises you can't keep," Penagos told Slott with a laugh.

A fan asked if the panelists had any Marvel team-ups they're dying to do, with Ewing saying that he can't talk about his because it's going to happen. Soule wants to tell more Punisher and Elektra stories, and Slott just wants to write Moon Knight paired with anyone.

"I just want to have Danny Glover show up in my book," said Latour. "Aunt May and Danny Glover team-up."

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10831  Edited By Zarius

The Moebius strip idea for Surfer sounds really good

Not telling the kid Peter is Spidey fits the characters, hell Mayday only found out in her own story by eavesdropping on her parents.

"A world where Peter and MJ stayed married"...yeah, you just keep ignoring the newspaper strip Dan.

"Not what you're expecting" for the daughter....she's not another Mephisto creation is she? Like with Wanda and Vision's kids right?

Wasn't Peter's supporting cast already back for most of the post Spider-Verse arc? Unless this means we see MJ and her rebound again, I don't know what Dan is getting at here.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

C2E2: Marvel Ventures Into "Secret Wars'" "Warzones"

Following panels about the "Secret Wars" affiliated "Last Days" and "Battleworld" lines, Marvel unleashed information about the third and final classification of titles associated with this summer's mega-event -- "Warzones." During the Sunday afternoon panel, editors Jake Thomas and Jon Moisan were on hand as well as creators James Robinson (writer, "Armor Wars"), Marguerite Bennett (writer, "Years of Future Past") and Dennis Hopeless (writer, "Inferno").

After making introductions, moderator Thomas introduced the concept of "Warzones," and ran through the concept of "Secret Wars." "The Marvel Universe is dead," said Thomas. "The only thing that has survived is Battleworld." First up in the presentation was "Hail Hydra," a new series by Rick Remender and Roladn Boschi. "One of the Battleworlds we have, one of the sections, is a world where Hydra rules," said Thomas. "That doesn't go terribly well for a lot of people in that world."

Marvel then announced a new series, "Hank Johnson, Agent of HYDRA," which will be written by "Curb Your Enthusiasm" executive producer David Mandel with art by Michael Walsh.

Dennis Hopless then introduced the audience to his book, "Inferno," where Hell has taken over Earth. "Inferno has been raging for five years and it's like Colossus in 'Escape From New York,' trying to rescue Magik," said Hopeless. The writer's other book, "House of M," came next. The presentation included interior pages from "Inferno" featuring Colossus squaring off against a number of demons alongside the '80s iteration of X-Factor.

"Infinity Gauntlet" came next, with newly-arrived editor Nick Lowe giving those in attendance the lowdown on the book. "It reinvents the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe as it is on Battleworld," said Lowe. "The Infinity Stones are scattered around. Artist Dustin Weaver is incredible and he and [writer] Gerry Duggan are doing great work."

Andrea Sorrentino's interior artwork from "Old Man Logan" came up next, featuring visceral action from the titular character. According to Lowe, Brian Bendis was eager to take over "Old Man Logan," as part of his playful competition between him and original "Old Man Logan" writer Mark Millar.

Nick Lowe revealed that the 2099 section, which is the setting of Peter David and Will Sliney's "Secret Wars 2099," was one of the first realms they knew would be included in the Battleworld. "They have done some amazing work with some new characters and characters you know," said Lowe. When asked how many issues it will last, he said "You never know!"

Next up came Garth Ennis and Russ Braun's "Where Monsters Dwell," a series from the creative team of "The Boys." "Garth doesn't really love superheroes very much, so it's hard to get him on Marvel books," said Lowe. "I took him out to drinks and got as many beers in him as I could and got him to write this book for us. I know he's big into aviation and dinosaurs, so I said let's combine two things you love... The art is coming in and it is bonkers. It's twisted, just like you'd expect from Garth Ennis. It turns a lot of conventions on their heads."

When "A-Force" appeared, enthusiastic applause erupted. "This book is freaking me out, I love it so much," said co-writer Bennett. "It's an all-female Avengers team set on the land of Aracadia that is now under attack from within and without and is about the cost of trying to create a paradise. It stars She-Hulk, Dazzler, Medusa, Nico Minoru and a new character named Singularity." Interior art fro Jorge Molina appeared, featuring high-flying action including Captain Marvel.

Bennett's other "Secret Wars" book, "1602: Witch Hunter Angela," came next. "We're trying this alternate history where Angela acts as an assassin for a holy order," said Bennett. "In the original story there were the witchbreed, which were mutants, and now Angela is hunting faustians -- people that bargained for their powers. Now Angela is tasked with who to save and who to destroy. I think this book is the prettiest book I've ever worked on." Stephanie Hans will handle most of the art with interior sub-stories illustrated by guest artists.

Thomas talked about "Planet Hulk" and how a story in one of his anthology series takes place in this world. Thomas said he got to read the first few scripts and they are "brutal and harrowing." "All of the Hulks are gathered on an island called Greenland," said Thomas. "As you can imagine it's a savage place. In the middle of the savage place is a gladitorial Captain America. [Writer] Sam [Humphries] is unkind with what he does to every character."

Mike Costa and Andre Araujo's "Spider-Verse" series came up next, with the Nick Bradshaw covers for the first two issues appearing on the screen. "Dan Slott set us up for this series in the end of 'Spider-Verse,'" said Lowe. "You have Arana and Spider-UK at the end, wondering what they're going to do. That's what were' doing in this series. It stars Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, Arana, Spider-UK, Spider-Man India and Spider-Ham. The first issue is over-sized with a Spider-Ham backup."

The audience applauded heartily for "Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows," and Slott talked about his initial interaction with Adam Kubert. At the Marvel retreat where Slott pitched it, Adam Kubert immediately called dibs on the series. "One of the things you'll see in this world is this is a world where he is married to Mary Jane and they have a daughter," said Slott. "That means your greatest responsibility is to your child. This is Peter in a world where he is father, husband, hero -- in that order. That will change everything." A silence fell over the crowd, and Slott made it even more intense by revealing that Peter Parker will be putting on the Black Costume once again.

Skottie Young's "Little Marvel: AVX" came up next, with interior artwork featuring baby versions of the Avengers and X-Men throwing down -- including Falcon and Archangel. Thomas excitedly introduced "Weirdworld," the "fantasy, sword and sandals, vast universe that Marvel had a while ago. When we had the chance to bring anything into 'Secret Wars,' this was one people were excited about. Jason Aaron, writing dudes with swords doing crazy business, is something he jumped at."

"We just got the first pages from artist Mike Del Mundo and I want to frame every page in this book," said editor Jon Moisan. "Every issue builds to something shocking."

Moisan then teased Marc Guggenheim and Carlos Pacheco's "Squadron Sinister," billing it as a series wherein the almost-gods of the Squadron Supreme run their own domain in Battleworld.

Thomas talked a bit about Gerry Duggan's Marvel western "1872," which will feature Nik Virella on art. "I love westerns and it's driving me nuts," said Thomas. "Gerry is taking this to a place where he feels bad about what he's doing because it's so hardcore. He turned in a page apologizing if Marvel couldn't publish it, and we can and we will."

Robinson spoke to his series, "Armor Wars," saying that he loved the original "Iron Man" story. "This is a world called Technopolis where a disease has made it so that everyone who wants to survive has to wear armor," said Robinson. "So in that world, there is a mystery, which is how did this illness first descend on the world and why does no one remember a world before when that happened. One person finds out the answer to the mystery -- but that person is murdered. You'll get big action but also a murder a mystery, where the chief of police, James Rhodes, has to solve this mystery and deal with feuding brothers Tony and Arno Stark." Robinson said that every version of Iron Man and War Machine's armor will be included in the story, as well as Stingray. The cover at also included Wilson Fisk, who wears a giant version of Iron Man's original armor.

Bennett talked about "Years of Future Past," saying that the cover for #3 has left her reeling. "We're back to the dystopia where mutants have nearly gone extinct, so it's at the end of their species and they've made the choice to fight back," said Bennett. "Mike Norton has been turning in killer pages. You'll see this bombastic '80s style and bright colors from FCO Plascencia."

The Deadpool fans in the audience applauded for "Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos," which will star Deadpool's widow and a group of Marvel monsters. "If you're a Deadpool fan, you will want to read this," said Thomas. "It is going to be epic. I wish [Deadpool editor] Jordan D. White is here because he would cackle and twist his mustache."

Nick Lowe spoke about "Guardians of Knowhere," a reteaming up of Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Deodato. "There's only so much I can talk about until you read 'Secret Wars' #2," said Lowe. "Knowhere is orbiting around Battleworld and they're reinventing it for 'Secret Wars.' There's a new villain in there that will be around for a long time."

Cheers erupted for "Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps," which will be written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Kelly Thompson with art by David Lopez. "We tried to find an artist named Kelly," said Lowe. "An all-Kelly team... David Lopez was amazing before this book but seeing him grow on 'Captain Marvel' and now this -- he's pulling out all the stops."

When Thomas revealed the title "Howard the Human," the audience erupted in gleeful laughter. "This is our big announcement," said Thomas.

"The way I've been describing this to people is Roger Rabbit in the Marvel Universe," said Moisan. The detective will be in New Quack City, an animal-filled version of the MU that will feature cameos from Black Cat and Kingpin. "I've been waiting to get Jim Mahfood on a book for years and Marvel was totally cool with it. Jim was having a blast working on it. It's a cool, weird book and I hope people check it out."

The floor opened up to questions, staring with a fan asking about the decision to reveal the teenage Bobby Drake as gay. "It's a beautiful issue and scene," said Lowe. "It's something Brian pitched quite some time ago and we wanted to make sure we did exactly right. Doing it right was most important to us. It started to kick in more when Brian and [editor] Mike Marts started talking about it, and they talked to everyone else to make sure we were all in the loop. It's an ongoing story, so whatever happens to adult Bobby, you will see it as issues unfold. It's a big part of 'Uncanny X-Men' #600 in a couple months."

A fan wanted to know about the CrossGen characters and if they came up in talks about "Secret Wars." Lowe noted that their situation is a little complicated, even though they were also purchased by Disney. "We decided it was best not to include them here because of what Disney might have planned. We did a couple of CrossGen books a few years ago to dip our toes in the water, but we decided to just keep 'Secret Wars' with the Marvel characters."

Lastly, a fan asked if the characters on Battleworld will be aware of the other characters that exist on other domains on the patchwork planet. Lowe said to pick up "Secret Wars" in a few weeks, adding that it's a little complicated. "I can't tell you that, I'm sorry," said Lowe. "Everyone dies!"

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...so is Battleworld some cosmic purgatory? Like whoever makes it out of the battleworld will ultimately be granted life and others will just linger there? Lowe's probably joking in that last bit, but it's an interesting angle if he is'nt.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I'm still gonna need an explanation how this whole thing works.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10835  Edited By Zarius

(finally figured out how to tag you)

http://www.newsarama.com/24303-c2e2-2015-secret-wars-warzones-panel.html

Renew Your Vows features a villain named Regent. Spider-Man will put on his black costume at Mary Jane’s instruction in the series. The Battleworld domain which Renew Your Vows is set in has been named “The Regency,” so the Regent seems to be tied into that.

@punyparker@animehunter

Mary Jane being ok with the black costume? I think Dan may very well be in one of his more charitable moods with our favorite red-head. I always love it when one version of her proves capable of looking past her anxieties concerning that suit (MC2 MJ was willing and able to look after symbiote clone April in Spider-Girl also)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10836  Edited By PunyParker

@zarius: I won't say a word before i read it.

We all know what Dan's capable of, when it comes to screwing up Peter and people around him.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10837  Edited By Zarius

I understand and we should all be approaching this with caution. We know what Dan did to the MC2 take on the Parker family (even if he wrote MJ well there and made her out as a hero who did'nt abandon Wes or her husband despite the latter being overcome).

Dan is more than capable of writing a strong Peter/MJ dynamic when he wants to (Spider-Island), so if we can get a lot of that before the inevitible heartbreak occurs, I'm down with it

No Caption Provided

@punyparker

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: As i said, i'm gonna wait to read this.I'm extremely frustrated with comics at the moment.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10839  Edited By Master_Thief

Sounds like they're not re issuing ASM back to #1 and i saw on amazon theres atlas 2 more vol. for trade after spider verse

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10840  Edited By Zarius

@master_thief

That's what I was expecting. That ASM#18 will be the "mid-season finale" of Dan's current run with 616, then it will go on a summer hiatus, and resume when Renew Your Vows is finished, while Peter's appearances in the SW tie-ins, Conway's Spiral and Silk will continue to keep him in the spotlight as the married Peter becomes the main focus. Now, whether or not 616 Peter will still be the "main" Spider-Man or not after Secret Wars remains to be seen, but he certainly will continue to have adventures for the forseeable future.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Spider-Crawl Space

Their take on

Marvel on Mary Jane’s 50th Birthday

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/MJPeterBetterDays.jpg

Marvel.com is recognizing Mary Jane Watson’s (or as many of us still like to consider her, Mary Jane Watson Parker!) 50th birthday.

Well – the 50th anniversary of her first appearance, anyway. Marvel marks it as this month, though I think that may be a month early.

From Marvel:

Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy, Carlie Cooper—the Ultimate Universe’s Peter Parker even dated Kitty Pryde. But only one woman has actually called Spider-Man her husband: Mary Jane Watson.

Two quick things:

1.) Carlie Cooper being lumped into the same rank with MJ, Gwen and Felicia is laughable. Hell, Deb Whitman was more impacting and interesting than Carlie Cooper.

2.) Marvel dares to acknowledge the fact that Mary Jane and Peter were married in the not so distant past. But then they’ve been doing that a lot lately since they want you to buy ‘Renew Your Vows.’ After the ‘Renew Your Vows’ collected edition comes out Marvel will probably go back into “try not to mention it” mode again.

More:

For decades, MJ has been Spidey’s partner in crime-fighting, acting as both a supporting and lead character in hundreds of comics. But Mary Jane’s importance and independence has eclipsed her love interest role; her perseverance and determination—not to mention her vivacious attitude—have made her a fascinating character to relate to and root for.

This is another interesting tidbit, as it can be argued that Marvel has actually tried to knock down Mary Jane’s popularity over the years. Having Mary Jane around has often presented a stumbling block from many writers injecting their own romantic foils for Peter. Former Editor in Chief Bob Harras once tried to take her out of the picture permanently in a plane explosion; even that couldn’t keep Mary Jane down.

We’ve seen the character thrive through J. Michael Straczynski Highs and suffer with the Bobby Carr Celebrity Doper Lows. Whether she’s soaring under writers and editors who understand and appreciate the character or sinking from being mishandled, Mary Jane continues to be popular in the hearts of Spider-Fans everywhere.

So Happy 50th, Mary Jane. No – actually, Happy 50th, Mrs. Parker. It may take decades to get back to it but here’s hoping you have a bright future someday. Heaven knows you’re due!

–George Berryman!

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10842  Edited By Zarius

@animehunter

Yeah, they're a bit late catching up on that article, but wise words from George all the same. At least the daily strips have been keeping Mary Jane consistent these last few years

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

##

@zarius said:

@master_thief

That's what I was expecting. That ASM#18 will be the "mid-season finale" of Dan's current run with 616, then it will go on a summer hiatus, and resume when Renew Your Vows is finished, while Peter's appearances in the SW tie-ins, Conway's Spiral and Silk will continue to keep him in the spotlight as the married Peter becomes the main focus. Now, whether or not 616 Peter will still be the "main" Spider-Man or not after Secret Wars remains to be seen, but he certainly will continue to have adventures for the forseeable future.

yeah hopefully we don't get another #1

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker

@animehunter

No Caption Provided

• Marvel’s Mightiest Women finally get their own explosive series!

• In a secluded corner of the Battleworld, an island nation is fiercely protected by a team of Avengers the likes of which has only ever been glimpsed before…

• Fighting to protect the small sliver of their world that’s left, the Amazing A-FORCE stands shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to take on the horde!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/a-force-1-marvel-comics-2015

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex Ross Homages Original "Secret Wars" in New Variant

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SCWARSCOV2015001-DC38-1-1-c8807.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/3998-20060209105703-large-92122.jpg

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPIDER-GWEN #5 ComicXposure Variant Cover Art by Mike Mayhew

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey's awesome.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came across this - http://www.newsarama.com/24310-stripling-warrior-kickstarter.html

In short it's about a new comic being created and the creator does a comparison with (check below)

This is what I mean, but you need to read the article to get the context

For the rest head to the article

Nrama: The character of Sam Shepard - who is he? What are his powers, and more importantly, what is he like as a character?

Anderson: Sam Shepard is just your average guy. An average guy who likes other guys. He’s recently married to a man, he loves his life and has no hang ups about his sexuality. Suddenly, on his honeymoon, he has epic power and responsibility thrust upon him. By an angel from Heaven no less.

Sam’s fun. He’s goofy, he has a jokey and cheesy inner monologue that I blame Spider-Man for. I liken Sam’s voice (perhaps mistakenly) to being Spider-Man-esque – though nobody can possibly banter like Spidey…well, nobody except for maybe Buffy.

Nrama: Can you talk a little bit about the supporting cast, like Jase and the Angel Abish?

Anderson: Jase is Sam’s husband and he’s also a Mormon. Since I brought up Spider-Man above I’ll continue with the comparisons in that Jase is like Spider-Man’s Mary Jane. Like MJ, he has his own life outside of Sam and is thoroughly supportive of his husband – ‘course I’m referencing pre-Mephisto Spidey and Mary Jane.

pre-Mephisto Spidey and Mary Jane. - why doesn't he just kick us when we're down and then kick us some more

@punyparker

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is anyone else confused about secret wars?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.