Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10251  Edited By animehunter

Notes from Newsarama -

Spider-Gwen goes solo in her own reality, but with Secret Wars around the corner, how long can that last? Are you ready for Peter, Gwen and Silk to all be patrolling the streets of Manhattan?

And who'll give up the name Spider-Woman - Jessica or Gwen?

Preview: Spider-Gwen #1 - OUT February 25th, 2015

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/838/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC11_00001.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/840/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC41_00001.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/842/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC91_00001.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/841/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC51_00001.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/B87THmdCEAEFx_1.jpg:largehttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/839/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC31_00001.jpg

JASON LATOUR (W) • ROBBIE RODRIGUEZ (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA

YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

VARIANT COVER BY ADAM HUGHES

BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

SPIDER-GWEN SPINS INTO HER OWN SERIES!

• BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! The breakout hit of the biggest Spider-Event of the century is taking comic shops by storm this winter with her own new ongoing series – SPIDER-GWEN!

• Gwen Stacy is Spider-Woman, but you knew that already. What you DON’T know is what friends and foes are waiting for her in the aftermath of Spider-Verse!

• From the fan-favorite creative team that brought you Spider-Gwen’s origin story in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE, Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

NEWSARAMA

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES (UNLETTERED)
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@teerack said:

Because I don't agree with everything you have to say Silk and Slott are now my beloved?

Dude,you "protect" Silk's infiltration in the Spider-Man book,and Slott's writing......how you wanna call it?

Me too,and i'm happy you brought it up,because i'm the definition of NOT a fanboy.....if i was i'd be happy with Slott on the book,because he's the one writing Spider-man.....i want something better for my favorite character.

It's so weird that you don't pay attention at what i say,over the times........i have openly praised Superior ,despite it lacking some basic writing at points, for being fun as hell,and entertaining,to say the least.Also,i stated numerous times that Slott CAN write...that's why i'm upset so much.......i judge Slott for what he's doing.And everyone,to be frank.

So if you'll go ahead and say i'm biased again,it will be plain stupidity.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've also defended Slott on some books. I enjoyed Learning to Crawl, I liked what he did with the newspaper Peter and MJ in Spider-Verse, and I love Silver Surfer. It's entirely possible not to gush a writer with praise if you feel he's underperforming as far as your standards are concerned for quality comics. Better to be an honest fan than apologist cattle.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack said:

Because I don't agree with everything you have to say Silk and Slott are now my beloved?

Dude,you "protect" Silk's infiltration in the Spider-Man book,and Slott's writing......how you wanna call it?

Me too,and i'm happy you brought it up,because i'm the definition of NOT a fanboy.....if i was i'd be happy with Slott on the book,because he's the one writing Spider-man.....i want something better for my favorite character.

It's so weird that you don't pay attention at what i say,over the times........i have openly praised Superior ,despite it lacking some basic writing at points, for being fun as hell,and entertaining,to say the least.Also,i stated numerous times that Slott CAN write...that's why i'm upset so much.......i judge Slott for what he's doing.And everyone,to be frank.

So if you'll go ahead and say i'm biased again,it will be plain stupidity.

This isn't important enough to me for me to go back and read every one of your posts. Generally pretty much every time I check the Spider-Man forums I see something from you that is really close minded and bashing something/not even giving it a chance a lot of times just because of the name on the cover, or if Spider-Man isn't being written like a Mary Sue.

A lot of times there are some story telling issues with Slott's Spider-Man, and actually a addressing those is fine. I've said thing on here, youtube, and twitter that have all made Slott actually address me by name before, but there is a big difference between issues having bad writing and just not like the way the story plays out, and you seem incapable of separating those two things. Don't take the wrong way, but you call people out on being bad writers a lot, but then also seem to really struggle with grammar and sentence structure in your posts so maybe you're not that qualified to complain about bad writing.

Dan Slott's events are always really anticlimactic, and his plots are kind of too out there and wacky for my taste a lot of the time, but that's not really relevant. I'm not trying to and haven't be having a discussion about Slott's quality as a writer, because I don't actually care. He could stop writing Spider-Man or he could keep writing it, either way as long as he keeps wring Silver Surfer I'm happy.

You just like to rag on things you don't like. That was pretty much all my first post that started this said. If you don't like Silk or follow Fantastic Four, then what do you care? You don't need to read Silk. Things that you don't enjoy can/will be enjoyed by other people. There is no need for you to put them down. You did the same thing when the Spider-Woman book was announced, but I didn't feel like arguing with you then. Honestly I don't really feel like arguing with you now, so what ever.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love how Kris Anka is getting more and more popular at Marvel. I love his art so much and he is starting to do more and more covers as well as filling in for more artist. I would be really happy if he got to be lead artist on an ongoing soon, Spider-Family or otherwise.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

I've also defended Slott on some books. I enjoyed Learning to Crawl, I liked what he did with the newspaper Peter and MJ in Spider-Verse, and I love Silver Surfer. It's entirely possible not to gush a writer with praise if you feel he's underperforming as far as your standards are concerned for quality comics. Better to be an honest fan than apologist cattle.

He doesn't care about you,he's mad on me......if he cared about what you and me write,he would answer to you too.

@teerack said:

This isn't important enough to me for me to go back and read every one of your posts. Generally pretty much every time I check the Spider-Man forums I see something from you that is really close minded and bashing something/not even giving it a chance a lot of times just because of the name on the cover, or if Spider-Man isn't being written like a Mary Sue.

You are here a long time,it's just a memory thing,as long as you say you check it out....

You're not backing up your opinions.....i can throw shit at you,too,(which i haven't done yet.....) and just get away with it.......So,as long as i don't see anything from you,your saying are bull...SH*T.

@teerack said:

A lot of times there are some story telling issues with Slott's Spider-Man, and actually a addressing those is fine. I've said thing on here, youtube, and twitter that have all made Slott actually address me by name before, but there is a big difference between issues having bad writing and just not like the way the story plays out, and you seem incapable of separating those two things. Don't take the wrong way, but you call people out on being bad writers a lot, but then also seem to really struggle with grammar and sentence structure in your posts so maybe you're not that qualified to complain about bad writing.

Dan Slott's events are always really anticlimactic, and his plots are kind of too out there and wacky for my taste a lot of the time, but that's not really relevant. I'm not trying to and haven't be having a discussion about Slott's quality as a writer, because I don't actually care. He could stop writing Spider-Man or he could keep writing it, either way as long as he keeps wring Silver Surfer I'm happy.

Well,i want quality storytelling for Spider-Man,because i like Spider-Man.
    I don't like how Slott treats the character and how he treats the people around him,with not many exceptions.
    Thus i don't want him on Spider-Man......you have no right to bash me for my opinion and call me a "hater" or anything else.

@teerack said:

You just like to rag on things you don't like. That was pretty much all my first post that started this said. If you don't like Silk or follow Fantastic Four, then what do you care? You don't need to read Silk. Things that you don't enjoy can/will be enjoyed by other people. There is no need for you to put them down. You did the same thing when the Spider-Woman book was announced, but I didn't feel like arguing with you then. Honestly I don't really feel like arguing with you now, so what ever.

You can't take a gif joke,you have the problems,not me......people know i don't like Gwen,and some people with a sense of humor and a functional brain tease me about it,and i respond on the same vibe....and we all end our conversation with a smile on our faces.

And yes,i don't read Silk,and i don't intend to.That doesn't take away from me the option to troll with "victims" like you. ;)

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyPaker, you just don't like Gwen because she said no when you asked her out.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You....you......HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?!!

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211 said:

It happened to me as well.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@spider11211 said:

It happened to me as well.

Goddamit that woman......and then she goes and dies without saying anything to me......Jeez.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW anyone thought of how mad is Joe Q with RYV?? :P

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Dan Schlotts stories but his dumbing down of characters during Spock annoyed me. Spider-Verse was awesome though. I hope he stays.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol he must be raging

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

lol he must be raging

"How dare they pare him up with MJ again?!!!....do they ignore my genious?!!!" :P

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR's Knowledge waits

Knowledge Waits: Fifty Shades of Spider-Man

This is the latest in a feature where I just share some bit of comic book history that interests me.

When Peter Parker married Mary Jane Watson in 1987, the Spider-Man titles followed that story up with the classic Kraven’s Last Hunt and then followed THAT up with the less classic Life in the Mad Dog Ward. So it wasn’t until the books cover dated January 1988 that the Spider-titles really started dealing with the newlywed couple and a big part of the early treatment of the marriage was through Peter and Mary Jane’s sex life, presumably to highlight that these were still young, happy-go-lucky kids and not a boring married couple. Still, whatever the reason, it ended up being an interesting time in the Spider-books where every other issue for a couple of months seemed to involve Peter and Mary Jane pursuing different sexual situations, some kinkier than others. Here are some of them…

In Todd McFarlane’s first issue of Amazing Spider-Man, he and writer David Michelinie (and inker Bob McLeod) have Peter try something new for Mary Jane, not knowing that she had company with her…

petermj1a

Later, he and MJ try out the “Venus Butterfly,” which, as I noted in a Foggy Ruins of Time a while back, was a fictional sex position made famous on L.A. Law at the time.

petermj1b

In Spectacular Spider-Man #134 by Peter David and Sam Buscema, Mary Jane has some fun with their camera and it leads to some wall-crawling lovemaking…

petermj3a

petermj3b

The fun with photos continues in Amazing Spider-Man #300 by Michelinie and McFarlane. Do note that just earlier in the issue, Mary Jane was tormented by Venom so badly that she was huddle in a ball, consumed by fear…

petermj2c

But by the mid-point of the double-sized issue, she’s already using sex to make Peter feel at ease about making less money than her…

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/petermj2a1.jpg

petermj2a

petermj2b

After all of this, Gerry Conway and Alex Saviuk’s little roleplaying game from Web of Spider-Man #36 looks very tame in comparison…

petermj4a

petermj4b

Sex continued to be a part of the Spider-books after this, but it was never as overt as these first few months. Instead, it was stuff like this bit from Amazing Spider-Man #303…

petermj5

By the way, I really don’t get this bit from Amazing Spider-Man #304, what could we possibly supposed to be thinking the final panel is before the reveal on the next page?

petermj6a

petermj6b

@punyparker

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10268  Edited By animehunter

PREVIEWS FOR FEBRUARY 25TH, 2015

Amazing Spider-Man #15

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASM2014015-DC11-0591e.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASM2014015-DC21-054e7.jpg

Story by
    Dan Slott
    Art by
    Giuseppe Camuncoli, Cam Smith, Roberto Poggi
    Colors by
    Justin Ponsor
    Letters by
    Chris Eliopoulos
    Cover by
    Giuseppe Camuncoli, SImone Bianchi

• SPIDER-VERSE EPILOGUE

• See the fallout of Spider-Verse and what it means to Peter Parker and the rest of the Spiders!

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

Spider-Gwen #1

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/838/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC11_00001.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/840/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC41_00001.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/842/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC91_00001.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/841/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC51_00001.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/B87THmdCEAEFx_1.jpg:largehttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/143/839/original/SPGWEN2015001_DC31_00001.jpg

JASON LATOUR (W) • ROBBIE RODRIGUEZ (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA

YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

VARIANT COVER BY ADAM HUGHES

BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

SPIDER-GWEN SPINS INTO HER OWN SERIES!

• BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! The breakout hit of the biggest Spider-Event of the century is taking comic shops by storm this winter with her own new ongoing series – SPIDER-GWEN!

• Gwen Stacy is Spider-Woman, but you knew that already. What you DON’T know is what friends and foes are waiting for her in the aftermath of Spider-Verse!

• From the fan-favorite creative team that brought you Spider-Gwen’s origin story in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE, Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

COMICVINE

NEWSARAMA

Spider-Gwen goes solo in her own reality, but with Secret Wars around the corner, how long can that last? Are you ready for Peter, Gwen and Silk to all be patrolling the streets of Manhattan?

And who'll give up the name Spider-Woman - Jessica or Gwen?

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES (UNLETTERED)

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES (LETTERED)

Spider-Man & the X-Men #3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SMXMEN2014003-DC11-210bd.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SMXMEN2014003-DC21-5e9e1.jpg

Story by
    Elliott Kalan
    Art by
    Marco Failla
    Colors by
    Ian Herring
    Letters by
    VC - Clayton Cowles
    Cover by
    Nick Bradshaw, Ian Herring, Declan Shalvey, Jordie Bellaire

• Good news! Spider-Man & his X-Students got the 11:30pm late night talk show slot!

• Bad News! His executive producers are Chameleon and Mojo! And his first guests are The Sinister Sixty-Six!

• Plus! The return of Wolverine? Well...kind of. (Not really. But sort of.)

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

Spider-Man 2099 #9

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SM20992014009-DC11-b4fcb.jpg

Story by
    Peter David
    Art by
    Will Sliney
    Colors by
    Antonio Fabela
    Letters by
    VC - Joe Caramagna
    Cover by
    Francesco Mattina

• Miguel O’Hara returns to the year 2099 to discover that his future is now... imperfect!

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

S.H.I.E.L.D. #3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SHIELD2014003-DC11-49e63.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SHIELD2014003-DC31-b75b2.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SHIELD2014003-DC21-562fc.jpg

Story by
    Mark Waid
    Art by
    Alan Davis, Mark Farmer
    Colors by
    Matthew Wilson
    Letters by
    VC - Joe Caramagna
    Cover by
    Julian Totino Tedesco, Alan Davis, Mark Farmer, Matthew Wilson , Phil Noto

• DIE HARD in the Sanctum Sanctorum! With Dr. Strange elsewhere, magical terrorists have taken over Strange’s sanctum!

• Agent Coulson must lead a strike team into the mansion before time runs out for New York City, and his only available allies are Spider-Man and one of Strange’s oldest foes!

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

@punyparker

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM#15...well I think most of us all called that was going to happen given the ambiguity of MJ and Wes' fates.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man #1

ASM # 1 ???
    They reboot it SO quickly.... :P

I stand with @teerack

Of course you do. ;)
    I was 100% sure you would.

@zarius said:

ASM#15...well I think most of us all called that was going to happen given the ambiguity of MJ and Wes' fates.

This is probably for Ock to do something,i don't think someone eill be heavily affected....

BTW i hope Miggy returns to his excellence,with the passing of Spider-Verse...
    And so all the Liz Allan things are just left in the corner?......

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miguel will stil be traveling back and forth to 616 after Spider-Verse, probably due to the Maestro being in charge of 2099

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: i just wonder will he somehow interact with present day proto-Maestro, this Doc Green)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Nice

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@punyparker: explain how you know thats a woman.

Oh,i don't know,maybe we know each other?!...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @animehunter said:

Spider-Man 2099 #9

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SM20992014009-DC11-b4fcb.jpg

Story by
    Peter David
    Art by
    Will Sliney
    Colors by
    Antonio Fabela
    Letters by
    VC - Joe Caramagna
    Cover by
    Francesco Mattina

• Miguel O’Hara returns to the year 2099 to discover that his future is now... imperfect!

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

That is an amazing concept I can't believe hasn't been done yet. Future Imperfect is one of the best stories I've ever read from Marvel.

David's doing an incredible job with working with what he's given.
    Excellent.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10280  Edited By Teerack
    @punyparker said:

@teerack said:
    @animehunter said:

Spider-Man 2099 #9

Story by
    Peter David
    Art by
    Will Sliney
    Colors by
    Antonio Fabela
    Letters by
    VC - Joe Caramagna
    Cover by
    Francesco Mattina

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

That is an amazing concept I can't believe hasn't been done yet. Future Imperfect is one of the best stories I've ever read from Marvel.

David's doing an incredible job with working with what he's given.

Excellent.

I'm more excited about it for the Hulk stuff since Doc Green is becoming Maestro. 2099 had such a strong start, and then it seemed to just lose all of it's direction with Spider-Verse.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I'm more excited about it for the Hulk stuff since Doc Green is becoming Maestro. 2099 had such a strong start, and then it seemed to just lose all of it's direction with Spider-Verse.

On that we compeletely agree.

It was the best Spidey book that was being published for at least 4-5 issues.

I hope it comes back on top.David's a phenomenal writer,i have no doubt he'll continue doing great.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I'm pretty sure it's been canceled already.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@punyparker: I'm pretty sure it's been canceled already.

The book?
    Well,every title is "cancelled" this May,so yeah.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder what will happen to spider uncle, since he can't go back to his world, being the inhospitable hell that it is (and the only other living beings on it want to eat him), my best guess is that he will stay in May's world and help her raise baby Ben.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder what will happen to spider uncle, since he can't go back to his world, being the inhospitable hell that it is (and the only other living beings on it want to eat him), my best guess is that he will stay in May's world and help her raise baby Ben.

You think he'll be "useful" to May?.....like,she never had Ben,and knew so much about 'im.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: she is still technically a minor.... and uncle Ben doesn't have anything better to do and he is the only living relative she has right now it her world

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10289  Edited By Zarius

@angelalfonso said:

@punyparker: she is still technically a minor.... and uncle Ben doesn't have anything better to do and he is the only living relative she has right now it her world

Read the preview for ASM#15, it's more than likely MJ and Wes survived Daemos. I'd like Peter to have too, but won't hold my breath

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True.
    Very true.

@teerack said:

Excellence.

@zarius said:

@angelalfonso said:

Read the preview for ASM#15, it's more than likely MJ and Wessurvived Daemos. I'd like Peter to have too, but won't hold my breath

What MJ and what Wes??

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10291  Edited By Zarius

MC2 MJ and Wes (DUH, who else?), they were never seen to die, it was only ever just implied.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Again,dude,TAG ME when you're replying to me.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10293  Edited By Zarius
    angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Daemons did say he killed May's family.... it could be them but i think is more likely that is other of her friends the ones that are with baby Ben

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Eh.I've seen enough.

He also argues about Peter's race.
    Why is this even a thing?!....

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10296  Edited By Zarius

@angelalfonso said:

@zarius: Daemons did say he killed May's family.... it could be them but i think is more likely that is other of her friends the ones that are with baby Ben

We'll see, but I'm certain I'm right.

Mayday really ought to put her mask on, or maybe she thinks with no family to protect it doesn't really matter anymore...

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.