Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

From CBR

SPIDER-MANDATE: Lowe Talks 'Surprise' Hit "Spider-Gwen," "Secret Wars'" Spidey Connections

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/spidermandate-lowe-talks-surprise-hit-spidergwen-secret-wars-spi.jpg

Welcome to SPIDER-MANDATE, CBR's regular column featuring the lowdown on everything Spider-Man. Whether it's the core adventures in "Amazing Spider-Man," the penultimate chapter of the "Spider-Verse" event or the other titles coming to Spidey's corner of the Marvel Universe, Peter Parker and company have a lot on their plates.

Shepherding the flock of web-swinging titles is Marvel Senior Editor Nick Lowe, who brings his years of experience as head of the X-Men books to Spider-Man -- and it means he's the man with all the answers when it comes to what's up with Peter Parker and Co.

SPIDER-MANDATE: "Spider-Verse's" Present, "Secret Wars'" Future

This week, Lowe discusses the importance of Mayday Parker to the end of "Spider-Verse" and how Marvel's "Secret Wars" impacted the event, as well as the surprise stars of the Spider books, Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen. Plus, we get the Lowe-down on the lost adventures of the amazing Spider-Ma'am!

-----

CCBR News: Let's start with "Spider-Verse," as we had a lot of stuff happen within these last few issues. Right now, everybody is either in Loomworld or heading towards Loomworld, and as we go into the last chapter, I can't help but remember Mumbai's Spider-Man saying they are all expendable, and the feeling like that's foreshadowing. Are we in for a bloodbath?

Nick Lowe: [Laughs] It certainly looks like it, doesn't it? At the very least, it's not going to be pretty; I'm not going to lie, it's not going to be pretty. They're going up against a force unlike any Spider-Man or Spider-Men and Women have ever faced before. I mean, Morlun has either killed or almost killed Peter Parker twice, and now he and his friends are going up against a whole family of them -- an immensely powerful family of them -- and they don't really have much in the way of advantage. It's going to be a rough last part, I can't lie. I just can't wait for readers to see it, because it's a really good story and it's an emotionally powerful story. And it's almost over, which is crazy to think about!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/300/0/1/ASM2014014001s-col-c0354.jpg

Nick Lowe tees up the climactic finale to "Spider-Verse" in this installment of SPIDER-MANDATE

(Click for larger Image)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM2014014001s-col-c0354.jpg

Even though Superior Spider-Man and Peter Parker/Amazing Spider-Man have been the two focal points of this, we've gotten a lot of Mayday. She's gone through a lot, so even though this event has focused on the other Spider-Men, as we go into the last chapter, is Mayday a powder keg or the loose thread people should be paying attention to?

She's definitely a big key to the whole thing. I've been trying to say that from the very beginning; a lot of people did not believe me, but she is one of the hearts of this story. She's a character that's very close to Dan Slott's heart and my heart, and I was so glad to have Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema to do that story in "Spider-Verse Team-Up." She is kind of like the canary in the coal mine of this story, to what these villains to do our heroes. They twist them and they push them into positions that they never really had to deal with before, or know how to even deal with. That has been a cool thing to see. It really tests their mettle. It tests who they are as people and what they are both capable of doing and what they are willing to do.

CBR TV: Dan Slott Says "No One is Safe" in "Spider-Verse"

Definitely one of the prime examples of this testing, especially in the last "Amazing Spider-Man" issue, has been Otto/Superior Spider-Man reacting with shock at the safe spot's devastating wasteland and beginning to realize he is not the future Spider-Man!

Yeah! That other shoe drops!

That's huge for him! Are we going to see a lot more of that important realization play out by the end of this?

Oh, yeah! The two main characters of this story are Amazing Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man. That's been kind of the way Dan and I have organized the whole thing. You can kind of see it a little bit, especially in the first several of chapters. The first chapter is very much Amazing Spider-Man's story. The second chapter is very much Superior Spider-Man's story, and they alternate a little bit up until Amazing takes over, but they are really the central characters here. Getting to see them interact has been one of the best things about this story. "Superior Spider-Man" was such an unexpected hit in a lot of ways and in how much people like it, but getting to see these two iconic Spider-Men and how different they are at their very cores is so interesting and so cool. You also get to see them tested and see what happens. "Are they that different?" you even wonder at times. That's going to be one of the biggest things people should watch for as we race towards the climax.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/300/0/1/ASM2014014005scol-19113.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Art from "Amazing Spider-Man" #14 by Olivier Coipel

(Click for larger Image)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM2014014005scol-19113.jpg

One of the things I've enjoyed most out of this was just getting to see all these versions of Spider-Man interact -- you've definitely now made me a fan of May Parker: Spider-Ma'am.

[Laughs] I actually tweeted about that! To me, that was the pun of the year! That was all Christos Gage, and I nearly fell off my chair when I read, "Aunt May! You're Spider-Ma'am?" Oh my God! So funny! [Laughter] And what a hero she is! Look what she's about to sacrifice for her family!

She's ready to go out!

She's actually from one of the very first issues of "What If?" and this was kind of behind-the-scenes fun. As soon as I saw that, I was like, we have to get her in the story! Dan said, "No, she's too ridiculous!" And to have Dan say that to me is such a reversal. He's the one who pushed the talking Spider-Buggy! Finally, I found a place to do it, and Christos was game, so we put that together and Christos just put it over the top. We actually ended up trimming his script a little bit because it was almost too much to fit in one story. There was an even more hilarious ending to it where she made them all wheat cakes, it's such a classic Aunt May bit. But I love Spider-Ma'am.

Latour Gives "Spider-Gwen" a Dangerous Homecoming

Speaking of beloved characters, when Spider-Verse wraps up in February, we're going to have "Spider-Gwen" and "Silk" starting up. It also seems that you could group "Spider-Woman" in there too, as she's getting a whole new look after the event ends.

It's an exciting time to be a Spider fan, I have to say. I think one of the things "Spider-Verse" showed the world is how deep the bench is of the Spider books. For so long, almost all the Spider books, pretty much since "Spider-Girl's" cancellation, have been Peter Parker-centric. One of the things "Edge Of Spider-Verse" and "Spider-Verse" show people is, no, no, no -- that bench is way deeper, with new characters like Spider-Gwen, or characters who have been around.

"Spider-Woman" has been a huge passion project for me. I wanted to launch it during "Spider-Verse" to give it the best chance to get in the hands of as many people as possible. The "Spider-Verse" event has a huge emphasis on what it does to Jessica, but where she goes from here is a pretty big departure. It was pretty much what Dennis [Hopeless] and I planned from the get-go. I commissioned the re-design well before the first issue of "Spider-Verse" came out, well before Dennis turned in the first script for the book.

"Silk," we just sent to the printer this week. It's so good! It's one of Robbie Thompson's first comics that he's written, but he's such a veteran TV writer, and you can see it. He's such a pro and the first issue is so much fun. It is heart-wrenching at times, and exciting, but it's such great set-up. I can't wait for people to see Stacey Lee's art and see how great that book is with this great new character.

And then "Spider-Gwen" is the book that created itself in a lot of ways. It took on a life of its own on the Internet. I'm so excited about it -- we're sending that to the printer next week, and it is fantastic. Robbi [Rodriguez] is already done with the second issue and is on the third, and the book takes you places you'll never expect to go. It is so cool and the sales numbers are looking really great on it, so people should start pre-ordering from their comics shops. It's really easy to do, all you really need to do is call your shop and say, "Hey, reserve this for me." Start a pull list. Because it will sell out, I can almost guarantee you. We've got some great marketing stuff coming up.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/250/0/1/SPGWENCOV2015001-DC71-1-9f12d.jpg

Spider-Gwen has undoubtedly been the breakout character from Spider-Verse, and will soon star in a solo ongoing - Jason Latour's HeroesCon variant for issue #1

(Click for larger Image)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SPGWENCOV2015001-DC71-1-9f12d.jpg

It's pretty obvious Gwen is the breakout star of this event. Why do you think fans have latched onto her and have elevated her to this character they are so excited about?

I wish I could claim credit. So much of the credit goes to Robbi Rodriguez's costume design. A lot of credit goes to that, and a lot of credit goes to how much love people have for Gwen Stacy. The combination of that and the guerrilla marketing Jason Latour and Robbi did is this magic in a bottle. As soon as they started to turn stuff in, I knew that we had something really special, but I had no idea it would get this big. I had hoped when we put "Edge Of Spider-Verse" #2 together that maybe we could get a book out of that. But I didn't 'know' at all.

I think we just got copies of the fourth printing of "Edge Of Spider-Verse" #2, orders are pretty huge on "Spider-Gwen" #1, which I'm very excited about. I've never really had an experience like this in my twelve years at Marvel, of this lightning striking in such a big way. We're under a lot of pressure, of course, to deliver the goods, but I think people are going to love this book. It is just unlike any other book that we put out, or that, I think, anyone puts out. It has such a great energy to it. It is action-packed and so full of character. Ah, I can't say enough good things about this book!

Alonso, Brevoort Discuss Universe-Melding "Secret Wars," Address the Reboot Question

To take a step outside of "Spider-Verse," Marvel recently announced details of the upcoming "Secret Wars" event. That is a multiverse event and "Spider-Verse" is a multiverse event; I know you guys at Marvel plan things way in advance, so did "Secret Wars" impact or change what you are doing in "Spider-Verse?"

Absolutely, in a lot of different ways. There's a few things: Dan Slott loves planting seeds in stuff, and there are some seeds that he planted along the way here that are going to have big effects on our Spider plans for "Secret Wars." We've only just kind of shown the tip of that iceberg, as far as what we're doing in regard to "Secret Wars." We had one teaser image that we didn't really say what it is yet. There are a few more bullets in our gun we're going to be firing off in the next month or so, but I cannot wait for people to see what we've got up our sleeves. The "Secret Wars" event, people are scared in part, rightfully, but knowing what we're doing and what's coming out, I think it is going to push some of the most interesting and unique creative visions anyone has seen or any major publisher has put out in a long time. It is so cool.

They've released the Battleworld map, and it seems there's going to be a lot of Spider-Man and Spider-Man related areas involved in the event. Is "Spider-Verse" a lead up to "Secret Wars?" How involved is the Spider group going to be in this event?

I certainly wouldn't say it's a prelude. There are elements that will lead to different things, and there is some overlap in things. We've already seen a little bit of it in the "Edge Of Spider-Verse" issues of "Amazing Spider-Man." We touched base in Otherworld and saw a little nod towards the incursions and stuff that is going on in "Avengers" and "New Avengers." We see a little more of that in the last chapter, in the epilogue of "Spider-Verse" still to come. But that's pretty much all I can say at this point.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/250/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-Renew-Your-Vows-2015-a906c-f281c.jpg

As for Spider-Man's role during and after "Secret Wars," Lowe kept things understandably mysterious

(Click for larger Image)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Amazing-Spider-Man-Renew-Your-Vows-2015-a906c-f281c.jpg

Then let's toss it over to fan questions, the first coming from Macho Mustachio, who asks:

With many new Spider-men (and ladies) becoming fan favorites in Spider-verse, will we see any more Spider characters getting a shot at a series or mini (like Gwen)? Personally I love Supaidaman, Sp//dr, Spider-Ham and Spider-Punk. Also seems like a perfect time to do a Rocket Raccoon, Howard the Duck and Spider-Ham team up.

[Laughs] That sounds like a whole publishing plan! I love it when people do my job for me. That's perfect.

John Ossie asks: Mr. Lowe. With ''Secret Wars'' coming up, how involved is Silk going to be in the lead-up to ''Secret Wars?''

The main place to see Silk is in her ongoing series. She will continue to be a part of "Amazing Spider-Man" at some very specific times, but for Silk, you should definitely look at her series for most of her action.

And we've got time for one from Alucard2099:

Are there any plans for a Spider-Girl Anya Corazon after Spider-verse if she survives (DO NOT KILL HER OFF!! Please!!)?

[Evil laughter] All I can say is, she definitely has a big role in the end of "Spider-Verse." You got a taste of it in #13 with her Spider-reading skills, but she will continue to have a pretty big role as we finish in the epilogue of "Spider-Verse." After that, she'd have to live through it, so I can't promise anything. I look forward to the love or hate mail this person sends me after "Spider-Verse" ends.

This interview really has given you a lot of time to practice your evil laugh, every time we ask about characters dying.

That's true! Please include in the parenthetical you do, "evil laugher." [More evil laughter]

Ok, then to end our talk with "diabolical mastermind Nick Lowe," this event has been so much about bringing in many of the characters fans love. So what is your favorite Spider-person who has popped into "Spider-Verse," Nick?

One would definitely have to be Spider-Ham. I have a love of puns, and Dan and Christos in "Team-Up" have really had some choice porcine puns.

Other than that, it's great to see Spider-Man India come back; I actually worked on the book when it was coming out, I guess it was ten, eleven years ago at this point, making me feel real, real old! But it was great to see Pavitr Prabhakar back again in the books.

We'll be back to discuss what's next for Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and more -- so make sure to send questions our way by heading over to the SPIDER-MANDATE CBR Community thread!

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@animehunter: I wonder if Spider-Gwen will really be good... It really sounds like a stupid idea.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Not gonna lie, it's nice to see that the Ultimate Universe is finally coming to an end. Outside of the Death of Spider-Man and Spider-Men ,everything post-Ultimatum wasn't very good. I know a lot of people like Miles but I wasn't a huge fan especially with the constant, reminders that he's Spider-Man now and he's honoring the name and he's a worthy person to take the mantel.

Spider-Man is not a mantle character.

Which is why I got bored with Miles after a couple of issues. I felt wrong and weird.

Yeah i was agreeing with you,in case that didn't sound right.

@albusan said:

Still don't get why ultimate Peter isn't in spider-verse.

He is.
    Miles is in.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10006  Edited By animehunter

Just thought you should know,

According to Marvel Wikia

There are NO Spider titles next week (4th), only one that might come close is Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: Black Vortex Alpha #1 because Venom might appear in it

on the 11th we have

3 Spider titles

and 2 non spider titles with appearances

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Must....resist....urge...to buy multiple copies of that Spider-Gwen #1.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10008  Edited By Zarius
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Thwip Studios

Spider-Man 2099 Episode 04

Loading Video...

Published on 30 Jan 2015

It’s the year 2099, the future. And the future is full of menaces, but none so vile as a corrupt government and the corporations behind it! A scary future needs a hero who's just as creepy - perhaps a wall-CRAWLER of some kind? See the world of tomorrow and the cast who inhabit it as the Spider-Man of 2099 battles evil in both high and low society in the year 2099. Based on the work by industry legend Peter David.

Subscribe to my channel for updates on current and future Spider-man Motion Comics

Logo and design by http://www.jonathancordero.com

Featuring the Voice Talents of:

Keaton Bogle (Dmariin) as Miguel O’Hara/Spider-man

Kyle Konigsmark as Goblin, Punisher, Reporter

Caitlin Buckley as Dana D’Angelo, Conchata, Father Jennifer

Seth Bramwell as Venom/Kron, Gabriel

James Wilson (Deadtuna) as Public Eye Personnel, Aaron, Scientist, Thug

Martyn Luke as Tyler Stone, Professor,

Alicia Harris as Xina Kwan, Kasey, Lorene

@punyparker

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man #16 'Women of Marvel' Variant by MING DOYLE Announced for March

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/4361722-amazing_spider-man_16_doyle_wom_variant.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must....resist....urge...to buy multiple copies of that Spider-Gwen #1.

You said earlier this month,to me,that you dont have anything personal with me,and that we're cool.
    WELL THIS RIGHT HERE proves it's a lie. :P

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope they show us the ultimate versions of mj and peter again and with a child. i always have a heartfelt moment of being with your loved one especially if one is your childhood friend :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Spider-Gwen #1 (Unlettered) - OUT February 25, 2015.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Gwen-1-Cover-5e846.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SPIDERGWEN2015001cov-5cc27-7b850.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Gwen-1-Anka-Variant-86a97.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Gwen-1-Hughes-Variant-b6724.jpg

Covers (L-R) - Robbi Rodriguez, Robbi Rodriguez, Kris Anka, Adam Hughs

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Gwen-1-Young-Variant-1c82e.jpghttp://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/35658/4358628-0992317724-14137.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/142/680/original/Spider-Gwen_1_Conquest_Comics_Exclusive.jpghttp://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/1405768-600x931.jpg

Covers (L-R) - Skottie Young, Jorge Molina, Adam Hughs, J Scott Campbell

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150129235847/marveldatabase/images/3/30/Spider-Gwen_Vol_1_1_Latour_Variant.jpg

Cover - Jason Latour

SPIDER-GWEN SPINS INTO HER OWN SERIES!

• BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT! The breakout hit of the biggest Spider-Event of the century is taking comic shops by storm this winter with her own new ongoing series – SPIDER-GWEN!

• Gwen Stacy is Spider-Woman, but you knew that already. What you DON’T know is what friends and foes are waiting for her in the aftermath of Spider-Verse!

• From the fan-favorite creative team that brought you Spider-Gwen’s origin story in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE, Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez!

COMICVINE

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

NEWSARAMA

COMIC BOOK MOVIE

BLEEDING COOL

1st Look: SPIDER-MAN Surfs LOLA in SHIELD #3 - OUT February 25, 2015

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/138/826/original/SHIELD2014003.jpg

• DIE HARD in the Sanctum Sanctorum! With Dr. Strange elsewhere, magical terrorists have taken over Strange’s sanctum!

• Agent Coulson must lead a strike team into the mansion before time runs out for New York City, and his only available allies are Spider-Man and one of Strange’s oldest foes!

NEWSARAMA

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10014  Edited By Zarius
    No Caption Provided

Bleeding Cool

More MODOKs that anyone could sanely handle. The Incredible MODOK, the Silver MODOK, SoiderMODOK, Iron MODOK, MODOKpool, GalacMODOK and so many more…

Well it can’t be an event without a number of spinoff mini-series that are generally ignored unless they have something like Captain America being told he’s rubbish because he doesn’t tweet enough. But this appears to be every supercharacter (including MODOK) of every parallel world smashing each other up. Converging one might say…

The battles in Secret Wars are so big, we had to launch an entirely new book just to contain them! This May, prepare for the big, bombastic action like you’ve never seen before in SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1 – a new 4-issue limited series of wall-to-wall action across the surface of Battleworld! Bursting with epic action, each issue of SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD features two all-new high-octane stories ripped from the pages of the biggest event of the year!

“The weirder and more fun, the better” says series editor Jon Moisan of the tone of the series in an interview with Marvel.com. “You want to see the 1602 version of the Punisher fight the 2099 version of Iron Man? Muskets versus the 1990s version of the future! We can even have the same characters from different worlds fight. I’m sure readers have been dreaming of seeing a dozen different versions of Howard the Duck fight. Well, guess what? It’s completely possible in SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD!”

This issue – what happens when Dr. Strange possesses the Punisher? Meet the Sorcerer EXTREME! Only Spider-Man, Wolverine, the Hulk and Ghost Rider of this land can track this terrible two-in-one down. And things are going to get messy! Then, what happens when M.O.D.O.K. recruits every M.O.D.O.K. ever from across Battleworld for his evil scheme. I’ll give you a hint – F.I.G.H.T.!

Each issue – cover-to-cover action, pulse-pounding battles and can’t miss creators. You want action? Look no further than SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1 when it explodes in to comic shops and on to digital devices this May!

SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1 (of 4)

Written by JOSH WILLIAMSON & ED BRISSON

Art by MIKE HENDERSON & SCOTT HEPBURN

Cover by PACO MEDINA

Variant Cover by JAMES STOKOE

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

Coming in May!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider Man Crawlspace » Editorial: Slott, Marvel and the New Professionalism

“F-ck KFC”

SGW2AGoing to keep this short and to the point.

Tonight on Twitter Dan Slott apologized to many Spider-fans who were incorrectly blocked when he began using some sort of social media automatic blocking bot. While trying to autoblock people involved in the current ‘Gamer Gate’ debacle (Google it if you want but it’s not Spider-related) he apparently plugged in a anti-Gamer Gate list… and wound up blocking many Spider-fans who had said or done nothing to him on Twitter.

This brief editorial isn’t about that though. However Mr. Slott chooses to manage his social media… well that’s all up to him. But while explaining what happened on Twitter he made the tweet you see to the right.

We went with a screenshot instead of an embedded tweet in case the original tweet is deleted. Next to the screenshot of the tweet is an Avengers related KFC promo, an Amazing Spider-Man KFC promo and a KFC kids meal promo with Hulk, the Thing and Wolverine.

KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken, owned by Yum! Brands which also owns Taco Bell and Pizza Hut) has been a business partner with Marvel in the past, doing comics promotions and even kids meal promotions involving Marvel comics and movies. Even a brief Google image search shows you exactly what I mean. Most recently they have even promoted the Marvel Universe Live show currently touring arenas & stadiums across the country.

Mr. Slott’s Twitter tirades and online feuds are the stuff of legend now, and we’ve covered them here before when he’s gone after comic fans on message boards and social media.

But all the same, I find myself asking if Disney Marvel is really and truly fine with the writer of Amazing Spider-Man (the flagship title featuring a character that brought in over a billion dollars in licensing last year) hurling venom at corporate partners?

It’s 2015. Welcome to the New Professionalism.

–George Berryman!

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10016  Edited By Zarius

Never change Dan, you talentless and classless goon

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

Never change Dan, you talentless and classless goon

I don't know if it's the norm out there,but i wouldn't Tweet "F-ck Bugs Bunny" if i were writing Batman.......for obvious reasons....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Have for a book that probably won't be very good. Spider-Gwen has a lot of great looking covers.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was blocking Anti-Gamergate people? Maybe he's not so bad.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10020  Edited By PunyParker

@pizzaman said:

He was blocking Anti-Gamergate people? Maybe he's not so bad.

If i were Marvel, i wouldn't be fine with him potentially pissing off a current advertiser......

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have for a book that probably won't be very good.

Or last very long....

And you know Marvel and covers......squeeze as many as you can,for extra money from delusional fanboys.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10022  Edited By Zarius

Yeah, the endless amount of covers are just so they can boast of the massive sales boost of the first issue, then watch it trail off. Multiple variants are the only reason ASM's relaunch generated the chart-topping buzz when the first issue came out despite the story being dung personified

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has anyone noticed that 616 Peter hasn't been in the promotional art for secret wars?

i wonder why that is?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10026  Edited By Zarius

True, the only thing he's been on has been the cover for that "Last Days" tie-in for Cap and the Mighty Avengers

Still, no complaints from me, so long as we get the proper Spidey for the duration of Secret Wars (the married kind), devil-dealing douche Peter and the hollow, uninteresting posers and pretenders serving as his supporting cast can go play in traffic.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@zarius: Yeah I doubt they're going to stick the landing on Mayday's arc. Especially with Slott being the head honcho. I hope I'm proven Wong on that but I doubt it.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Yeah I doubt they're going to stick the landing on Mayday's arc. Especially with Slott being the head honcho. I hope I'm proven Wong on that but I doubt it.

In total agreement. If they were going to stick the landing, they'd have kept her in precision flight this whole arc. She's done nothing, hence why Lowe said "people don't beleive me, but she really is important", we've only been told her brother is important, it fell to Tom D to apparently set things up that reveal how she's important, and even he had to tell the fans this on an online forum to make even that crystal clear. The promotion of Mayday in this story has been poorly co-ordinated from the get-go. She needed a tie-in series with as much relevance as Kane and Jessica had. Hell she could have been thrown into Spider-Woman instead of Silk or Gwen

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

Yeah, the endless amount of covers are just so they can boast of the massive sales boost of the first issue, then watch it trail off. Multiple variants are the only reason ASM's relaunch generated the chart-topping buzz when the first issue came out despite the story being dung personified

"ASM #1 WAS THE BEST SELLING COMIC OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....ON THE WHOLE F-CKING PLANET!!!!...WE SOLD 3.0000.00.0.020000 COPIES ON MARS TOO!!!!"

has anyone noticed that 616 Peter hasn't been in the promotional art for secret wars?

i wonder why that is?

I have noticed,and noone responded to my concern....

@zarius said:

True, the only thing he's been on has been the cover for that "Last Days" tie-in for Cap and the Mighty Avengers

Still, no complaints from me, so long as we get the proper Spidey for the duration of Secret Wars (the married kind), devil-dealing douche Peter and the hollow, uninteresting posers and pretenders serving as his supporting cast can go play in traffic.

Dan Slott will be writing it,so i'm 100% sceptic about this.......

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10030  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker said:

@zarius said:

Unfortunately, I agree with @punyparker, as long as Slott writing Spider-Man, there very little chance we'll get a married peter, even if we do, with the way he writes and treats Mary Jane, there is the possibility, of which I hope I am 1000% wrong, it won't be to her.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@zarius said:

Unfortunately, I agree with @punyparker

Who doesn't.....OH except the millions billions of people who think that ASM is the best thing ever since sex.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/30/spider-gwen-1-nearing-200-000-copies-sold/

Really wasn't expecting this type of sales for Spider-Gwen. WOW!

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: sex... are you joking? i think you mean bacon

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: At this rate, Spider-Gwen could be the highest selling book from Marvel. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if her book at least surpasses Amazing in sales.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: sex... are you joking? i think you mean bacon

Bacon is on another level of joy.
    One we can't conprehend.

And Superior Foes was selling less......what a tragedy of a world we live in....

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: At this rate, Spider-Gwen could be the highest selling book from Marvel. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if her book at least surpasses Amazing in sales.

At this rate I'm not even going to say impossible.

@humanrocket said:

And Superior Foes was selling less......what a tragedy of a world we live in....

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait....wat...? Superior Foes sold less physical copies than Spider-Gwen in pre-orders alone?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10038  Edited By PunyParker

@transformers1024 said:

Wait....wat...? Superior Foes sold less physical copies than Spider-Gwen in pre-orders alone?

I guess they weren't marketable.......

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. I wonder if it's gonna last, though. :p

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anyone fear they will slowly replace Peter with Miles or at least take his spot in the universe? It seems the keep pushing Miles hard. Add that to the fact they keep playing games with characters they don't have the live action rights too.

How "progressive" would they seem if they do something with Miles......Then there will be a war between Miles and Peter fans. Kinda like Barry/Wally and Hal/John fans as who should be the main character holding that name.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They do kinda push Miles a little too hard, but now that the UU is over i'm not sure if they'll continue.
    But either way, Miles can't compete with Peter, it's not even close.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm not so sure. They're making it sound like he has a big part of the future and keep mentioning him being in the main universe.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@dernman: They talked about Aaron Aikman playing a big role in Spiderverse too.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10045  Edited By Zarius

Most pleased for Spider-Gwen. I still think the writing needs to justify the hype more than the premise, but it's encouraging news all the same

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. I wonder if it's gonna last, though. :p

Nah.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

Most pleased for Spider-Gwen. I still think the writing needs to justify the hype more than the premise, but it's encouraging news all the same

I like you.
    You talk sense.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am frankensense!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10049  Edited By animehunter

PREVIEW: Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #10 (Unlettered) - OUT February 11th/18th, 2015

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/b/70/54a1b02be2f5c/detail.jpg

MILES MORALES: FRIEND OR FOE TO HYDRA?

• MILES confronts his family’s past and his terrifying future

• The man behind the mysteries of the HUMAN FLIES plans reveals himself… and it’s NOT good news for Miles.

• All this and Miles unleashes a NEW SPIDER-POWER!!

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.