Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly hope there are no interactions between Peter and Gwen. Keep them separate as they would have no sort of attraction and history. It's obviously certain fans who crave that sort of nonsense, relationships being a central point to team-ups.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9302  Edited By camstevens80

@punyparker: What am I trying and failing at? I'm just having a conversation. You are the one getting angry and emotional when I make a point. I don't understand what I am trying and failing at.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

poor Mayday!!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Haven't been on here for a bit. TBH getting a bit bored of CV lately and all the arguing that goes on about what are fictional stories. Jeesh it gets a bit heated at times, considering the subject matter.

Anyway, I think I am a bit of a Dan Slott fan and if anything its the silver surfer comic that's doing it. With Spiderman, I just wish we had a bit more action. Batman 35 showed how it should be done. Anyone read issue 8 of ASM yet?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Gwen can go make sweet love to Norman Osborn, Mj and JMS 4 life.

Yes yes YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Preview: Guardians of the Galaxy #21 (Unlettered) - November 19th, 2014

As the Guardians of the Galaxy encounter an entire world full of alien symbiotes, they ask themselves…was allowing Flash Thompson to join their ranks a wise decision?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/GARGAL2013021-cov-col-801a5-0d630.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/GARGAL2013021003-600-821ba.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/GARGAL2013021014-600-9795e.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/GARGAL2013021015-600-d9275.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: What am I trying and failing at? I'm just having a conversation. You are the one getting angry and emotional when I make a point. I don't understand what I am trying and failing at.

I'm "getting angry" because i said i didn't like how you expressed yourself?.......

All you do is disagree with me,specifically......and i'm not the one starting the arguements.....you pointed out,the thing i did with MJ pics,first,and then you did that with Gwen.....exacly the same.......you stopped it because noone was paying attention.....

So i,really,see that we don't get along,quite well,since you disagree with me on every aspect......

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after reading todays issue i'm almost entirely sure that at least in some universes there will be some type of time fix.

and it seem that Assassin Peter is now with spiderman Uk, good, maybe he realise who really was under the skin

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9309  Edited By Rubear

I honestly hope there are no interactions between Peter and Gwen. Keep them separate as they would have no sort of attraction and history. It's obviously certain fans who crave that sort of nonsense, relationships being a central point to team-ups.

No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9310  Edited By Rubear

@angelalfonso said:

and it seem that Assassin Peter is now with spiderman Uk, good, maybe he realise who really was under the skin

You are wrong, that's another spider, some older Parker. One can see this in his suit like Red Lantern Gardner.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9311  Edited By animehunter
    @rubear said:

@angelalfonso said:

You are wrong, that's another spider, some older Parker. One can see this in his suit like Red Lantern Gardner.

This is the Spider-man standing next to Spider-Man UK

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: that was last stand spiderman

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9313  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

Stan Lee isn’t as wealthy as some may think, but he’s doing fine

When word surfaced Tuesday that Stan Lee has put his Hollywood Hills West home on the market for $3.75 million, some commenters began to speculate about the legendary writer’s finances. Of course, they’re not the first.

Asked earlier this year by Playboy whether he at least received “a Tony Star-like helicopter” from Disney’s $4 billion purchase of Marvel, the 91-year-old creator was quick to point out that he’s not as wealthy as some may think.

“My daughter was looking at the internet the other day and read that Stan Lee has an estimated $250 million,” Lee said. “I mean, that’s ridiculous! I don’t have $200 million. I don’t have $150 million. I don’t have $100 million or anywhere near that.”

Elaborating on why he shouldn’t rate George Lucas-scale wealth, he explained that, working at Marvel and its predecessors, “I was happy enough to get a nice paycheck and be treated well. I always got the highest rate; whatever Martin [Goodman] paid another writer, I got at least that much. It was a very good job. I was able to buy a house on Long Island. I never dreamed I should have $100 million or $250 million or whatever that crazy number is. All I know is I created a lot of characters and enjoyed the work I did.”

Lee does receive a $1 million annual salary for life from Marvel, and keeps busy with myriad other projects (the latest being a Bollywood adaptation of his comic Chakra the Invincible), but none of that likely pushes his wealth into those “ridiculous” figures. This website places his net worth at $50 million, which seems … far less ridiculous, and definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Whichever number you believe, it’s probably high enough that Lee isn’t selling his 2,500-square-foot house because he needs cash. And it certainly doesn’t mean he has his eye on a retirement condo, as he makes clear in the latest episode of “Stan’s Rants.”

“One of the things that bugs me is people are always saying, ‘When are you gonna retire?'” he says in the video below. “I figure what they mean is, ‘We’ve had enough of ya, get the hell outta here!’ [...] If you’re having fun what you’re doing, why would you want to retire? [...] Don’t ask me to retire. If I’m boring you, just don’t listen to me, don’t come and see me, don’t read my stuff, that’s OK. But don’t make me stop doing what I’m doing.”

Loading Video...

-----

HE CRACKS ME UP

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9314  Edited By angelalfonso

@animehunter: my mistake

No Caption Provided

but now i come to realize that maybe that is the Peter that Julia saw on her vision at the end of Grim Hunt, and he is an assassin spider.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Issue 8 today...having not followed Spider Verse to date, am a bit confused about what is going on there....but hey, at least a bit more action this month.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

616 Pete is still unaware of the coming threat.

Spock is going around gathering other spidermen to face this threat.

The two new spider characters that were created for the event and will be joining the fight are Spider Gwen and SP//dr. SP//dr is the spider girl in a robotic suit

captain britain corps thinks that this event is related to the incursions in new avengers. they sent spidey uk to deal with it. they send him with a talisman that will allow him to traverse the "great web of life and destiny" which the spider sense can detect.

the Totem Hunters (Morlun and his family) have killed many spider people. they can kill any powerful animal beings for food, but they focus on spiders.

The Totem Hunters havent visited the 616 yet because they are afraid to go there. it is the only place they have been defeated.

may parker spider girl swears vengeance on Daemos(a Spider Hunter) for killing her father and mother. Both her and her baby brother, who is also a spider person, is saved by Spock's team of spiders.

an alternate spiderman 2099 was tracking the Totem Hunters and then decided to go to the 616 for help. just as he got there he was killed by Morlun in front of Miguel O'Hara. Miguel O'Hara is now aware of the threat and is going to tell 616 pete

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9318  Edited By Bezza
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

Stan Lee isn’t selling his home, ‘just a hunk of property’

stan-lee

At the risk of ROBOT 6 turning into Excelsior! Home Journal, there is another followup to the Stan Lee real-estate story: It turns out that $3.75 million listing in the Hollywood Hills isn’t for the creator’s home, but instead for another lot he owns. In fact, there’s no longer even a house on it.

“I’m not selling my house. It’s just a piece of property we own,” Lee tells Los Angeles Magazine. “We tore it down, we were gonna rebuild and we decided to sell it instead, so it’s just a hunk of property that’s for sale.”

Considering records indicate the 2,500-square-foot home was built in 1945 and hadn’t been remodeled since the mid-’70s, a desire to start from scratch is understandable. But judging from the description and single photo in the listing, it certainly used to be nice: a four-bedroom, six-bathroom house with a garage, swimming pool, spa and “lush gardens,” located at the end of a cul-de-sac.

Now, however, it’s apparently just a vacant lot with a view of the city — but it can still be yours for $3.75 million.

stan lee house

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Bleeding Cool

‘Having The Spotlight Is Definitely A New Experience’ – Robbi Rogriguez Talks The Rise Of Spider-Gwen At NYCC

By Brian Goldberg

Robbi Rodriguez took the time to answer some questions for me and his fans about his experience at NYCC 2014. His work on Edge of Spider-Verse #2 with writer Jason Latour has become one of the big key books released in 2014. He has a very unique sense of style and design that comes out in his art and his prints. Here is a little bit about his time at NYCC, his down to earth view of his career, and his creative process.

IMG_3645

Brian Goldberg: How does it feel that a character you designed is such a hit with fans? I saw a few Spider-Gwen cosplayers walking around the show floor. That is art appreciation at its finest.

Robbi Rodriguez: I’ve said this in many other places, but it is wild to see first hand. I’ve seen a few online before but seeing it in the crowd with my own eyes is a totally new experience. I’m sure they appreciated the hoodie during that bit of rain we had over the weekend.

BG: How many prints did you sell? I saw many fans walking around with your Spider-Gwen print. Myself included. How did it feel to be an Artist Alley hit?

RR: I sold out of the 100 I did for the show by Sunday morning. Having the spotlight is definitely a new experience. I’m so used to being about to go walk around, grab food or grab a cigarette during a dead period, but there was never a one. As much as I don’t really like the attention, I’ll just enjoy for the moment ’cause it will go back to normal soon enough.

IMG_3705

BG:Your graphic design work is unique and definitely makes its mark. Will there be more con exclusive items in the future?

RR: That’s a wait and see. I go show by show and whenever I do, I evaluate what I sell in that market. I have a few ideas, but will see if I execute them since I’m cutting down from 4-5 a year to just 3.

BG: What will your next published work be? What would be your dream assignment?

RR: It’s just going to be Spider-Gwen for the time being. As far as what my dream assignment would be, I’ve never really had one. I like doing my own thing in both my work and my life. So after all of this is done, I look forward to going back to indies and self publishing areas again.

BG:How was your overall NYCC experience?

RR: Its a new high for me and one I won’t forget anytime soon. If I decide to just quit tomorrow, it would be the best height to to leave on.

BG:What was your favorite moment of NYCC?

RR: Of NYCC? Seeing a Spider-Gwen trying to hail a cab.

Spider-Gwen will be released by Marvel Comics in 2015. If you are interested in more about Robbi’s art please visit his artist page at http://robbi462.deviantart.com/.

If you would like to speak Geek with Brian, please email him at your.dog@gmail.com.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

The two new spider characters that were created for the event and will be joining the fight are Spider Gwen and SP//dr. SP//dr is the spider girl in a robotic suit

captain britain corps thinks that this event is related to the incursions in new avengers. they sent spidey uk to deal with it. they send him with a talisman that will allow him to traverse the "great web of life and destiny" which the spider sense can detect.

the Totem Hunters (Morlun and his family) have killed many spider people. they can kill any powerful animal beings for food, but they focus on spiders.

The Totem Hunters havent visited the 616 yet because they are afraid to go there. it is the only place they have been defeated.

may parker spider girl swears vengeance on Daemos(a Spider Hunter) for killing her father and mother. Both her and her baby brother, who is also a spider person, is saved by Spock's team of spiders.

an alternate spiderman 2099 was tracking the Totem Hunters and then decided to go to the 616 for help. just as he got there he was killed by Morlun in front of Miguel O'Hara. Miguel O'Hara is now aware of the threat and is going to tell 616 pete

Not by Spock's, but by Spider-Uk's team.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9322  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

SPIDER-MANDATE: NYCC Post-Game Talk on Silk, Spider-Gwen & More

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/spidermandate-nycc-postgame-talk-on-silk-spidergwen-more_1.jpg

Welcome to SPIDER-MANDATE, CBR's regular column featuring the lowdown on everything Spider-Man. Whether it's the core adventures in "Amazing Spider-Man," the upcoming "Spider-Verse" event or the other titles coming to Spidey's corner of the Marvel U, Peter Parker and company have a lot on their plates.

Shepherding the flock of web-swinging titles is Marvel Senior Editor Nick Lowe, who brings his years of experience as head of the X-Men books to Spider-Man -- and it means he's the man with all the answers when it comes to what's up with Peter Parker and Co.

This week, SPIDER-MANDATE takes on the recent announcements from New York Comic Con 2014, including the new "Silk" and "Spider-Gwen" ongoing series, extending the diversity of the Spider-Man line of books, the challenges ahead of May "Mayday" Parker as "Spider-Verse" approaches and much, much more.

--------------------------------------------

CBR News: Nick, NYCC brought some pretty amazing announcements for fans of the Spider-Man books, not the least of which was "Spider-Gwen" -- was the idea of an ongoing always a possibility or did it come about directly as a result of the response to the character?

Nick Lowe: It was a secret hope of mine, but beyond that, it really was the fire it caught that made all of this possible. The craziest thing is, that issue did so well both in print and digitally that it became something we couldn’t ignore. We plan things pretty far ahead here at Marvel, and this "Spider-Gwen" series was not a part of the plan just because we didn't know how it would go over. Robbi's design coupled with the great story that Jason put together set the Spider-World on fire. It got to the point where we at Marvel were like, "We've got to do this now!" [Laughs] It's all the creators, the passion they put into it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/250/0/1/SPIDERWOMAN003cov-18648.jpg EXCLUSIVE: Greg Land's "Spider-Woman" #3 cover (Large version bottom of post/article)

We've spoken at length about Silk in the past, but NYCC revealed that she's also set for an ongoing with Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee at the helm. What can readers expect to learn about Cindy Moon during the course of the series?

It's so good. Robbie's first script is in and it's fantastic. Robbie and his editor Ellie Pyle, have been working so hard on it, and it's going to kick so much butt. I had a great lunch with Robbie out in San Diego where we talked about Silk and the story that Dan has set up in "Amazing Spider-Man" and what possibilities there were. But the credit for the team on the series goes to Ellie Pyle. She's the one who put it together, she's the one who brought Robbie in, she cast Stacey Lee, she cast Dave Johnson on the covers. It's come together to be such a cool project. We planned this when we knew what a big part Silk was going to play in "Amazing Spider-Man" #4, 5 and 6; "Edge of Spider-Verse" and then "Spider-Verse" itself. If there was ever a time to launch a "Silk" series, this was it.

It's pretty interesting to see all these female-led Spider-books in the line, but it's also striking how different they seem to be from one another -- not just one another, but any Spider-title that's ever been published. Not a lot has been revealed about Dennis Hopeless and Greg Land's Spider-Woman, but in previous Spider-Mandates, you've said how different it is from every other take on the character. How do you see these three books contributing to the diversity of the line as a whole?

Jumping back a little bit, "Spider-Woman" was one of the first things I wanted to do when I came in to the Spider-Office. "Amazing Spider-Man," it was a runaway success before I got here so I just wanted to make sure not to screw it up and let "Amazing" be "Amazing." Spider-Woman was one of the things that -- I thought, "We've got to have a 'Spider-Woman' book." I love that character, she's great. What we've been building with "Spider-Woman" is a really cool series. You get to know Jessica Drew in the midst of this huge, crazy Spider-Event. This is the biggest, craziest super hero thing that she's ever been involved with. We put her through hell, and I can't wait for fans to see what we've got coming out of this event. Dennis writes her so well. The characterization from the issue one, page one balloon -- there's so much personality from Jessica here. She's down-to-earth, really cool. And the opening “Spider-Verse” arc is the tip of the iceberg. I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves because we've got surprises coming that we can talk about in coming weeks, but that's going to be a book to watch.

You also have Greg Land doing incredible work. He's a terrific storyteller, a really great artist who's doing some incredible work on this book. I can't wait until people actually see it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/300/1/SCARSPIDERS2014001001-col-b6548.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/300/1/SCARSPIDERS2014001002scol-97913.jpg EXCLUSIVE: Paco Diaz's art from "Scarlet Spiders" #1 (Large versions bottom of post/article)

Right away, we come out of the gates into "Spider-Verse" with a huge "Spider-Woman" super hero book.

Then you have "Spider-Gwen" -- I don't want to get too far ahead and spoil what's happened in "Spider-Verse" -- but she also comes out of this event changed. If you liked "Edge of Spider-Verse" #2, you're going to like this book. It puts her into a super heroing role unlike she had before "Spider-Verse" started. Jason and Robbi and Rico have tremendous plans there.

With "Silk," Robbie Thompson has such an imaginative take on the character and filling in her past while pushing her into the future, filling out this incredible supporting cast. As we get closer to the launch of "Silk," we can talk about it even more. She's got one of the greatest supporting characters in all of Spider-history in her book, and once we get a little closer, we'll tell you who that is.

I'm just so proud of these books and how naturally they came about. I think it's a testament to the work we're trying to do here in the Spider-Office.

Well, let's talk about "Amazing." It really does seem like a female-driven week, as you've got Mayday Parker appeared "Amazing Spider-Man" #8 as part of "Spider-Verse." Dan Slott said the character had "a wonderful final story that gave her a happy ending" during the Spider-Verse NYCC panel -- but then he trailed off. Should fans start to get concerned about Mayday given Dan's diabolical mastermind of a plan to kill off many beloved Spider-folks?

Stories and the way stories work are an endless fascination of mine. There's this great song by this band called Dawes, called "Stories Don't End." It's about how we put an ending on stories when we think it fits but that doesn’t mean events stop happening, and that's something that happened with Spider-Girl. Her story is continuing on and it ain't pretty for her. What we see in "Amazing Spider-Man" #8 is huge for that character, and I'm afraid of saying more for spoiling the issue.

For those who have read it already, you know how huge this story is for her as a character. It's going to bear heavily on her through "Spider-Verse," but it ain't easy what she has to go through. I won't say any more for those who haven't read it yet, but go read it if you're a fan of her character.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/160/0/1/ASM2014009016-col-c94ea.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/160/0/1/ASM2014009021-col-c8638.jpgEXCLUSIVE ART: Spider-Verse continues to roll through "Amazing Spider-Man" #9 ------ Art by Olivier Coipel (Large version bottom of post/article)

After "Spider-Verse," assuming that everyone stays alive, it looks like there will be a good number of titles coming from the Spider-Office -- certainly more than in recent years.

Well, we've got a little bit of a different angle on it than we've done in the past. About a year ago, you had "Superior Spider-Man," you had "Superior Spider-Man Team Up," "Superior Foes" -- we had a bunch of Spidey books, but they all really revolved around Spider-Man himself. One thing that we're trying that's a little different right now is to diversify that a little bit. That's the beauty of having Spider-Man 2099 stuck in the present and the great book that Peter David and Will Sliney put out month after month. We get a different person wearing a web suit. The same goes for "Silk," for "Spider-Gwen," for "Spider-Woman." We're going to try and give it as many differently toned and feeling books with different characters at the helm, because we're ready to beyond to branch beyond Peter Parker. We've got a really rich corner of the Marvel Universe here that we can explore in greater ways. I hope that readers out there are ready to prove me right on this! [Laughs] Who knows? Maybe we'll be back to three different books starring Peter Parker.

Weirdly, it does slightly feel like you're becoming editor of the X-Books again, with all these different titles.

[Laughs] Except it's not fourteen team books!

[Laughs] Well, what is that like for you, as editor -- getting to see the volume and diversity of the Spider-Books rise as you've started to develop your own spin on these books after taking over from Steve Wacker? I don't want to say it's your first foray into solo books --

Oh, it totally is! I've worked on solo books, but not for eight or nine years. It's a big learning process for me, but it's been really fun to go out there. And I've got such a great team here with me and they do such great work.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/200/0/1/AXISCARN2014002002-col-copy-ac174.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/200/0/1/AXISCARN2014002003-col-copy-a1e1a.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/200/0/1/AXISCARN2014002015-copy-13a21.jpg EXCLUSIVE: German Peralta's art from "AXIS: Carnage" #2 (Large version bottom of post/article)

you mentioned Steve Wacker before, and he would like to claim that he's my mentor, and that's possibly closer to the truth than I'd care to think. I very much stand on his shoulders. I've come in at a really great time in the Spider-Office, and I just hope that people like the books. I hope people go pick up 'em up and don't just talk to them and look at them. That's how these book are going to succeed: if people go and pick them up at their stores.

Before I let you go, Gerard Way's "Edge of Spider-Verse" issue came out last week -- which was a huge issue for you.

Yep! I'm the luckiest boy in the world -- my wife and I are going to his concert on Thursday at Webster Hall, so if you're also going to Gerard's awesome concert at Webster Hall, you might see your local Spidey-Editor. Please come by and ask me Spider-questions. I'll be the one dancing and singing too loud, I would imagine. I don't think I'll make it to the mosh pit because I'm soft and fragile, but it's possible.

I was so stoked for "Edge of Spider-Verse" #5 to come out. I'm so people have gotten it. It's already sold out, it's going back for its second printing. It's such a cool issue. Gerard and Jake Wyatt created such a cool alternate universe with Penny Parker and Sp//der. I couldn't be prouder of that book and the work they did on it. I'm so happy it finally happened, and hopefully, this is the start of many issues that we'll collaborate on.

The next Spider-Mandate is a big one, Spider-Fans -- it's the first real "Spider-Verse" column! With the build-up to the event all set to go off, make sure you post your questions in the CBR Community Spider-Mandate forum, or you can go ahead and send questions via an e-mail with the subject line "Spider-Mandate". No matter what your preference, get those questions in before October 31!

---

EXCLUSIVE: Greg Land's "Spider-Woman" #3 cover

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SPIDERWOMAN003cov-18648.jpg

---

EXCLUSIVE: Paco Diaz's art from "Scarlet Spiders" #1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SCARSPIDERS2014001001-col-b6548.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SCARSPIDERS2014001002scol-97913.jpg

---

EXCLUSIVE ART: Spider-Verse continues to roll through "Amazing Spider-Man" #9 ----- Art by Olivier Coipel

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM2014009016-col-c94ea.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM2014009021-col-c8638.jpg

---

EXCLUSIVE: German Peralta's art from "AXIS: Carnage" #2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014002002-col-copy-ac174.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014002003-col-copy-a1e1a.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014002015-copy-13a21.jpg

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9323  Edited By animehunter

With "Silk," Robbie Thompson has such an imaginative take on the character and filling in her past while pushing her into the future, filling out this incredible supporting cast. As we get closer to the launch of "Silk," we can talk about it even more. She's got one of the greatest supporting characters in all of Spider-history in her book, and once we get a little closer, we'll tell you who that is.

I am certain to be way off base on this, 1- there is no point in Silk finding out / knowing about her and 2- She at the moment wants nothing to do with that side of Peter's life, but I can't help saying/typing it, I HOPE it's Mary Jane.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@averywetfrog said:

@bezza:

Not by Spock's, but by Spider-Uk's team.

it was hard to tell who that second guy was. didnt realize it was spidey uk.

@bezza:

also i forgot to mention the Spider Totem Karn. when he was younger, his family was battling the Master Weaver who controls the Web of Life and Destiny. He failed to act causing their father to die.they eventually killed the Master Weaver and then forced Karn to wear the helmet.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Wow.....is this Miles written by Slott?......wow.......

I can't praise art enough,though.........

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PREVIEWS FOR OCTOBER 29th, 2014

AXIS Revolutions #1

AXIS tie-in!

• Companion series to Marvel’s newest blockbuster event, AXIS!

• Featuring stories from the Avengers and X-Men’s epic battle with the Red Skull!

• As the Red Skull broadcasts hate across the globe, will our heroes be able to quell the madness? Or might they just be swept up in it?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISREV2014001-DC11-LR-a0fd6.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISREV2014001-int-LR2-1-f65af.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISREV2014001-int-LR2-2-08739.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISREV2014001-int-LR2-3-71bc7.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISREV2014001-int-LR2-4-ae9b3.jpg

Preview: Wolverine and the X-Men #11

• The X-Men mourn as one of their own is finally put to rest.

• As a reporter digs further in Wolverine’s past, what will be uncovered as the X-Men retell their favorite personal adventures and Wolverine stories

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/WOLVXMEN2014011-DC11-92d76.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/WOLVXMEN2014011-int-LR2-1-cec55.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/WOLVXMEN2014011-int-LR2-2-9eb8d.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/WOLVXMEN2014011-int-LR2-3-c7bf8.jpg

Preview: Marvel 75th Anniversary Special #1

• A super-sized celebration of 75 years of the World’s Greatest Comics!

• What happened the day the Marvel Universe was born? James Robinson and Chris Samnee have the answer!

• Legendary artist Bruce Timm adapts the very first Captain America story Stan Lee ever wrote, from 1941!

• As Spider-Man battles the Kingpin, Peter Parker’s pals –n- gals lament his absence, in a story by Tom DeFalco and Stan Goldberg.

• Brian Michael Bendis & Michael Gaydos guide Netflix’s Jessica Jones as she investigates a case with roots in the past of the Marvel Universe!

• Wolverine’s “father” Len Wein and Paul Gulacy recount an untold encounter between Logan and Sabretooth!

• And More!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-DC11-LR-6e367.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-int-LR2-1-de48b.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-int-LR2-5-0cbc0.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-int-LR2-2-92566.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-int-LR2-3-c229d.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-int-LR2-4-2b4b5.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/MVL75ANN2014001-int-LR2-6-c3c98.jpg

Preview: AXIS: Carnage #1

MATURE READERS

AXIS tie-in!

• Carnage is back in NYC and the city will never look at him the same way again!

• Something incredible has happened to the symbiote serial killer in AXIS that will have Cletus and you reeling!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014001-DC11-LR-c9d63.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014001-int-LR2-1-85605.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014001-int-LR2-2-f8742.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/AXISCARN2014001-int-LR2-3-5ffe5.jpg

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Thwip Studios (to keep these coming, make sure to support them by subscribing to their Youtube Channel)

Spider man Marvel Knights by Mar Millar Episode 02

Loading Video...

Published on 24 Oct 2014

Peter Parker's worst nightmare has come true: One of Spider-Man's enemies has learned his secret identity and is using that knowledge to strike at Peter's family. Now, his Aunt May has been kidnapped. Forced into a personal battle against a mysterious foe devious enough to ensnare him in a vicious game of cat-and-mouse, Spider-Man must battle the Green Goblin, Vulture, Electro, Doctor Octopus, Venom, and more to rescue his aunt. With the clock rapidly ticking down, will Spider-Man earn his greatest triumph or suffer his greatest defeat? Guest starting the Black Cat! In a spellbinding story superbly illustrated by fan-favorite artists Terry Dodson and Frank Cho, best-selling writer Mark Millar presents his definitive take on Marvel's greatest hero.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Loading Video...

9:06 till the end,it's Ultimate Spider-Man.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure you've this, but just in case

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Ultimate-Universe-The-End-2015-teaser-069af.jpg

------

From CBR

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Teaser Proclaims "The End" of the Ultimate Universe

The Ultimate Universe has been through some major ups and downs -- including surviving a "Cataclysm" -- but now, if the newest Marvel Comics teaser image by Mark Bagley is any indication, "The End" of the Ultimate U might be near. Well, maybe not -- the teaser is clearly a part of the series of mystery teasers that continuously reference past events from Marvel history -- with the most recent "Inhumans: Attilan Rising" teaser combining the Inhumans and "Atlantis Rising". "The End" referred to a number of miniseries that began in 2003 and spanned through to 2007 -- all of which dealt with possible endings for various aspects of the Marvel Universe.

The teaser image by Bagley -- labeled with a Summer 2015 release date, just like the rest of the many Marvel mystery images -- features the full cast of the Ultimate U, ranging from Miles Morales all the way through to Ultimate Nick Fury, the Ultimate Future Foundation and many more. As a special bonus, the image is also reminiscent of Marvel's "Contest of Champions" three-issue limited series from 1982. It's very likely that the teaser is some reference to the "Secret Wars" event by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic.

------

------

From Newsarama

The End of the ULTIMATE Marvel Universe - Summer 2015

Is this The End for Marvel's Ultimate Universe? That's what the newest Summer 2015 teaser from Marvel Comics.

Premiered over on CBR, the teaser features a Who's Who of the Ultimate Universe, including characters from the new (and recently canceled) Future Foundation, which was dealing with New Avengers-style incursions from other worlds, Miles Morales the Ultimate Spider-Man, and the seemingly recently deceased Cloak and Dagger (oops, did no one tell Mark Bagley?). Every person in the image is looking out at the reader, and there's some lovely Kirby Krackle at the bottom.

The Ultimate Universe has been heavily involved in everything that Secret Wars, Marvel's 12-issue "mega-event" is supposed to be dealing with. There are, of course, alternate reality incursions: both the direct world-shattering ones seen in Ultimate FF, and the ones that Miles Morales has dealt with repeatedly, in the pages of Spider-Men, All-New X-Men, and the upcoming Spider-Verse. There's been time-travel. There was that little thing with the 616 regular Marvel Universe Galactus coming to visit...

So, could this really be the end of the universe that launched the Marvel careers of Mark Millar and Brian Michael Bendis? The writing has seemingly been on the wall for awhile. After all, as of February, there will be only one comic book even being published in that universe, Miles Morales's solo book, as January sees the end of New Ultimates. With all the time he's spent with 616 characters, it would be fairly easy to acclimate him, merging him into the main universe.

As worlds die, who from alternate universes will survive?

Previous 'Summer 2015' teasers have included call backs to Civil War, Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies, X-Men: Years of Future Past, Planet Hulk, Armor Wars, House of M , Infinity Gauntletand Old Man Logan, and the new story Inhumans: Attilan Rising .

------

------

From Newsarama

ULTIMATE MARVEL COMICS: A Eulogy for a (Possibly) Dying Line

If today’s newest teaser from Marvel Comics is to be believed, the Ultimate Marvel Universe will soon be no more. As time stretches on the comic book imprint's fifteen year life might just be reduced to a footnote in the now seventy-plus years of 'modern' comic book history: its impact one that is purely superficial. Superficial, but not to be dismissed or ignored, as the superficial is the first aspect of anything that gets noticed and the last that is ever forgotten.

Hey Kids, Comics!

Comics are a business first and foremost and the creation of the Ultimate Marvel Universe was a decision made in that vein. In the industry's endless quest to acquire new and younger readerships, Marvel devised a plan to shed decades of continuity, often claimed to be intimidating to new readers, while not upsetting their loyal and extremely vocal fans. Rather than hold a 'Crisis-style' event and reset everything, then Marvel President Bill Jemas and veteran Marvel talent Joe Quesada tapped an up and coming writer named Brian Michael Bendis, who had attracted a large following with his small-press work, and veteran Spider-artist Mark Bagley to not only 'relaunch' the company's signature character, Spider-Man as the kind of person that is more like the young readers of the day, but also to reach them in new ways including an, in the end unsuccessful, strategy of printing comics in a slick, rack-ready magazine/periodical format to reach readers who might not broach the threshold of their local comic books store.

Today, the relaunching of comic books is a common practice. Even if the whole universe isn't reset (or it is, in the case of DC's New 52), the practice of restating a comic from that eye-catching issue #1 has been largely accepted by comic readers. Each of these 'softer' resets (like Marvel NOW!, All-New Marvel NOW!, and now… Avengers NOW!) allow new talent teams the freedom to take familiar characters in new directions that have found a good middle-ground between slavishly following the past and throwing it all out the window.

Creating for the Trade

The Ultimate Marvel Universe was the first national showcase for the storytelling technique derisively referred to as “decompression.” The classic example is the origin of Spider-Man himself, told within a handful of panels and pages by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee in 1962, but taking six whole issues in the Bendis/Bagley year 2000 iteration. As the Ultimate Universe grew, the practice became more and more viable within the line (the infamous two page long, nearly silent discussion about how The Thing poops in Ultimate Fantastic Four), and outside of it.

The debate that this technique started still rages today. Writers who use this style could well argue that slowly paced stories allow them to build their worlds better, allow big moments to land and to portray their characters as more than spandex-clad punching machines. Ultimate Tony Stark's life as a high-functioning alcoholic socialite was explored, Ultimate Captain America's “Greatest Generation” clashed more starkly with the modern age, and the “mutants as minority group” theme that ran in the background of the classic X-Men comics was in the forefront in Ultimate X-Men. It made for some great storytelling all that might have been lost in the race to the next thrown down with Ultron or Magneto.

On top of that, the five-to-seven issue story is perfect for publishers to collect in a trade paperback (back to those business reasons), and the Ultimate Marvel printed their stories in that format very quickly and prodigiously. This in-turn allowed them to sell their books in another marketplace for new readers: giant book stores, that is, before digital bookstores replaced the them and digital books replaced (or at least supplemented them - for now) those.

Accelerating History

While the story telling might have been slower, the actual stories told came much quicker. Ultimate Marvel had at the time 60 years worth of stories in their back-pockets to reference for their fresh new universe. While not every story told in four-color was on the level of “The Master Planner Saga” or “Kraven's Last Hunt” or even near it, Ultimate Marvel seemed to burn though the canon as fast as it could. For example, instead of the three hundred and sixty issues of Amazing Spider-Man that were printed before the character of Carnage was introduced, Ultimate Spider-Man got there in sixty. Ultimate Marvel went though Galactus so fast they had to do it twice, Jean Grey became Phoenix in less than a quarter of the time, Wolverine’s real name debuted in an Ultimate Universe crossover event about as quickly as possible after it was revealed in Origin, and the Ultimate version of the Fantastic Four was rebooted in-universe twice before their got their own series. Notably, each story retold was done with the kind of editorial freedom that allowed for twists, variations and new character beats including lasting deaths.

However, the result of Ultimate Marvel's “best of” approach might have been its leading contributor to its downfall. Original stories with familiar characters, each now with years of background stories, could already be found in the 'classic' books. And while killing your stars is great for a bump in attention, the holes they leave behind would have to be filled with the dwindling supply of legacy characters that the whole line is leveraged on.

The Look

Comics around the turn of the millennium were drawn, consciously or subconsciously with the big screen in mind. Action was drawn 'widescreen;' big panels with egregious amounts of detail that leaped off the page. Characters were unique and expressive and the idea that they were 'cast' in their roles took off. Never so much as when Samuel L. Jackson was 'drawn in' as Ultimate Nick Fury, a choice that had a permanent impact on pop culture (and even saw a similar character reverse-engineered into the main Marvel Universe). The Marvel Cinematic Universe existed on paper as Ultimate Marvel long before Iron Man hit theaters. That will be the Ultimate Marvel Universe's ultimate lasting impact. Could the MCU have come into being exist with out the the UMU? Maybe, but a better dry run could not have been asked for.

Ultimate Marvel (2000-2015?) is survived by its father, Marvel Comics, brother the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will be remembered by true fans of the form.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9331  Edited By animehunter

I'm going to list who on the cover, I'm sure you can tell whose missing

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/Ultimate-Universe-The-End-2015-teaser-069af.jpg

Who's important to the Ultimate Spider-man book

• Jessica Drew (Peter's clone) - Spider-Woman/Black Widow
    • Aunt May
    • Mary Jane
    • Kitty Pryde
    • Gwen Stacy
    • Black Cat
    • Bombshell
    • Miles Morales
    • Kate Bishop
    • Ganke
    • Jefferson Davis

Missing from it (I'm sure you can tell)

Who's not so important to the Ultimate Spider-Man Book

My question to you is why is Peter missing from the cover, what do you think might be the reason? He’s the one that started the Ultimate books, surely he should be there at it’s end.

or Is it that the cover has no relation to the interior of the book, that could be possible if the following are confirmed dead, Monica Chang, Cloak & Dagger.

Also with Black Cat on the cover, will we be seeing her again, she's been gone from the book as long as Peter has been, since we last saw her in Ultimate Spider-Man #154 - Death of Spider-Man: Prelude + a few months. either way it was nice to see her back in her classic costume, even if she is the Ultimate version of the Black Cat

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also with Black Cat on the cover, will we be seeing her again, she's been gone from the book as long as Peter has been, since we last saw her in Ultimate Spider-Man #154 - Death of Spider-Man: Prelude + a few months. either way it was nice to see her back in her classic costume, even if she is the Ultimate version of the Black Cat

I told you earlier (PM) that she's in the 616 suit,well that's wrong cuz she wears the yellow goggles,so scrach that

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Loading Video...

NIce video, here really lays things out doesn't he

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9334  Edited By magnetic_eye

@bezza said:

Haven't been on here for a bit. TBH getting a bit bored of CV lately and all the arguing that goes on about what are fictional stories. Jeesh it gets a bit heated at times, considering the subject matter.

Anyway, I think I am a bit of a Dan Slott fan and if anything its the silver surfer comic that's doing it. With Spiderman, I just wish we had a bit more action. Batman 35 showed how it should be done. Anyone read issue 8 of ASM yet?

Really enjoying both the "Batman" & "Detective" titles. Well crafted books both in writing and artwork.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@animehunter:

Loading Video...

NIce video, here really lays things out doesn't he

Cool video. Very informative.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: I LOVE how he talks about Spider-Man......really advertises the character

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9338  Edited By animehunter

@animehunter: He's a brilliant man.

Wish he'd take over ASM, now that it seems he'll no longer have Ultimate next year, that is, if Slott ever gets of it.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: I LOVE how he talks about Spider-Man......really advertises the character

He certainly does. I do sometimes wonder though if Miles Morales could have been introduced still with spider powers intact, but with a name other than Spider-Man. I'm not exactly a fan of new characters superimposed over existing name sakes. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the character or Bendis' writing style.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

@punyparker said:

@animehunter: He's a brilliant man.

Wish he'd take over ASM, now that it seems he'll no longer have Ultimate next year, that is, if Slott ever gets of it.

He doesn't want to.

That might be, but I still want him to.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9343  Edited By Teerack

My thought on ASM8

Wow... the M2 stuff was heart breaking... It just ruined the whole thing... M2 had a perfect happy ending...

It was literally like if you were to add another scene at the end to ANY Disney movie where every character is brutally killed and the princess is left to become full of vengeance...

Marvel should have just left it alone since the story stopped at a perfect time, and it was at least set up so they could go back to it if they ever wanted to. the fact that Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, and Silk are all getting books because there is a big demand for more female leading books kind of just also shows that they could have really easily brought M2 back for another run, but that's just be thrown in the trash.

It's a real shame since M2 is really what Spider-Man SHOULD be like since Spider-Man was originally the character that grew up and actually had a real progression in his life and kept changing over time, but then Marvel decided to just stunt his growth for the past 20 years and it's just been really mediocre for years with some laughs on top of it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9344  Edited By Teerack

I'll bet you the Spiders will go to Earth-1218, and meet Dan Slott as the writer of Spider-Man who is considered one of the spiders for being the writer of Spider-Man in our world, and then gets to fight along side Spider-Man. /Meta

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..So many comics are part of the Spiderverse, According to Amazon a 620 page TP is coming out in April so I think I will wait for that. Cheaper than buying 20 odd comics at 4 dollars a pop!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I'll bet you the Spiders will go to Earth-1218, and meet Dan Slott as the writer of Spider-Man who is considered one of the spiders for being the writer of Spider-Man in our world, and then gets to fight along side Spider-Man. /Meta

That sounds like the Stan Lee thing from the 90s animated series.......

@bezza said:

..So many comics are part of the Spiderverse, According to Amazon a 620 page TP is coming out in April so I think I will wait for that. Cheaper than buying 20 odd comics at 4 dollars a pop!

They want your money.
    If you're silly enough to buy every damn book,then they succeded.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9347  Edited By animehunter

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141020231741/marveldatabase/images/8/8a/Spider-Verse_Team-Up_Vol_1_3_Textless.jpg

Spider-Verse Team-Up #3

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• A whole group of Spiders team up, but what mission takes FIVE Spiders?

• The SPIDER-GIRL team reunites for a story about Mayday and a mystery Spider!

I been putting some though who this mystery Spider could be and there is only one conclusion I can come up with, Our Peter Parker, obvious I know, but it's all we've wanted, the two teaming up, since we've heard of Mayday's involvement.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9348  Edited By animehunter

I normally don't report this but since it's "Spider-Gwen" I thought , why not

Spider-Gwen Gets A Third Printing

Latour and Rodriguez‘ first appearance of Spider-Gwen in Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 gets a third printing, as the standard cover for first printing sells for up to $37 on eBay, unslabbed.

Larger image

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/STK662895.jpg?9098e0

---

---

Preview: Scarlet Spiders #1 - OUT November 19th, 2014

Together for the first time! Amidst the chaos of Spider-Verse, three fan-favorite characters unite for a desperate mission into the unknown in SCARLET SPIDERS #1! And not all of them are going to make it back! From creators Mike Costa and Paco Diaz – Kaine, Ben Reilly and Ultimate Jessica Drew must unite for a deadly operation behind enemy lines. When the Spiders discover one of the technological secrets that make Morlun and his family so powerful, it’s up to the Scarlet Spiders to go deep behind enemy lines into one of the twisted realms Morlun’s family rules to shut it down. If they fail, every Spider from across the multiverse will face certain death! What horrors await them across the multiverse? Find out in November as Kaine, Ben Reilly and Ultimate Jessica Drew swing into action in SCARLET SPIDERS #1!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Scarlet-Spiders-1-Cover-f29e4.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Scarlet-Spiders-1-Bagley-Variant-a4fe6.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Scarlet-Spiders-1-Preview-1-33652.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Scarlet-Spiders-1-Preview-2-db079.jpg

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9349  Edited By angelalfonso
    No Caption Provided

think that with that single image they spoiled something important:

Miles and MJ are standing in front of Peter's gave which means real Peter is super dead, and the Peter that is on the book is a clone.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-verse Team-up #1 Full cover

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SVTU1.jpg

---

---

Marvel Says ‘Avengers: No More Bullying’ In January

For full Article

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Avengers_No_More_Bullying_Renaud_Cover.jpg?9098e0

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.