Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

From Newsarama

SPIDER-GWEN Artist Robbi Rodriguez: 'She's a Career High Note'

There are instances in comics where the right people do the right thing at the right time and it creates not only a sensation, but something tangible that people can latch on to and embrace it wholeheartedly. Robbi Rodriguez's Spider-Gwen costume made internet waves before a single page had been published. The costume was simply published on his Instagram account with the hashtag "spidergwen" and what seemed like overnight, became a hit with fans across the board. It, along with a sellout of an introductory one-shot, has led to Spider-Gwen the ongoing series, spinning out of Spider-Verse next year, with Rodriguez joined by writer Jason Latour.

Newsarama sat down with Rodriguez at this year's New York Comic Con to talk about the success of Spider-Gwen and the mystery of how and why people clamored for more (turns out Marvel was listening), and the surprise that she was given her own ongoing series at the beginning of next year.

Newsarama: So, Robbi, before Spider-Gwen even debuted, it already was making its round on Tumblr, Twitter, etc. I mean you had people making costumes within a week of showing the image. What was that like?

Robbi Rodriguez: That was weird and kind of mind-blowing! For one thing, I discovered what Tumblr was [laughs]. Just seeing how many people connected to that costume. I drew that so it would be simple since I would be doing it for 20 pages. So just seeing the simplicity of it connect with so many people actually makes me see the future a bit more brighter now. It's good to see people want this level of simplicity again.

Nrama: You've again paired up with your friends Jason Latour and colorist Rico Renzi with the ongoing. That dynamic obviously works well, but what’s that like working with your best friends?

Rodriguez: It's basically like everyday, except I don't have to kill them. I mean, the fact, you know, we have a happy little marriage. I mean, Jason and me will eventually butt heads, Rico is the nice calm family man that soothes everything down. It makes the job a lot easier, ya know? I can trust Rico and his judgement because we have the same color aesthetic and that saves me a step, I just know it'll look good. Jason's scripts are so tight and smart and yet it leaves so much for my own interpretation to where it still feels like a collaboration.

Nrama: You only had an issue to cram everything in there that you needed to set things up: her being labeled a menace, her relationship with Peter, so what is it like to take a breath and expand here? What are some things you have going on?

Rodriguez: I think we want to keep that format, still. We feel as though that's a lost art now in comics, one and dones. I mean, for the background stories, if we want to play with them, we can, but this way it's a bit more exciting. We have a few ideas we're cooking with right now, but as far as a long-term plan, we might have one or two two-parters so it's not entirely kept being drawn out stories.

Nrama: The whole Spider-Gwen was some sort of movement. You had your friends from the band Married with Sea Monsters do a song. Are you going to try and keep up with the marketing like that now that's an ongoing?

Rodriguez: I treat all this product pretty much like it's an ongoing, so that will explain the almost-guerilla marketing, ya know? I'm still surprised that the Spider-Gwen hashtag took off the way it did, that's still crazy to me. So you'll probably see a little bit more to that as you see me work on the series a bit more here and there. Beforehand, I really didn't give a f--k since it was going to be a one and done, but now that people are clamoring for this and expecting something out of it, it's going to be a little bit more selective of what I show this time around.

Nrama: You've made your own merch like your Mary Janes shirts and prints, so what else can we expect from you that has the Spider-Gwen brand on it?

Rodriguez: I don't know really. This whole experience has been so shocking and surprising and caught us all off-guard, especially me. I was supposed to be unemployed after the one-shot and then boom, here we are, here's an ongoing now.

Nrama: Who approached you with the idea of the character, or was it something pitched to you guys?

Rodriguez: I think it was approached by Nick [Lowe] to Jason. One idea was going to be a sort of continuation to the fabled "Springbreak Wolverine" called "Old Man Spider-Man", where it was going to actually be Uncle Ben in the costume. The other one was Spider-Gwen since Dan was thinking about putting Gwen back into the fold. That just set an alarm in Jason's head. [In Jason Latour voice] "I got this s--t right now!" Once Nick approached me about doing it was sort of [Latour voice] "Aw, man, let's do this s--t".

Nrama: Last time we talked about FBP, you mentioned you think you just have five years left in your career because of your medical condition, do you think Spider-Gwen is the highlight of your career? I mean, if your career, God forbid, were to end next week, would this book be an absolute high note?

Rodriguez: You know what? Yeah, it'll definitely be a high note. If the s--t just goes out tomorrow and I had to quit or I just wake up in the morning and I'm just like "I'm done, I quit" having that big success and the fact I had an effect on comic culture for even just a short period of time, that's f-----g awesome!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#9252  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter said:

From Newsarama

SPIDER-GWEN Artist Robbi Rodriguez: 'She's a Career High Note'

*looks him up*

No Caption Provided

Yeah......somehow i don't have trouble believing you..........

At this point,Cow and Chicken comics would be a "career high note" ........

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why do you guys blame Slott for Pete and MJ not being together? Wasn't that relationship written out of continuity before he started writing Spiderman? Not only was it written out of continuity but it was done so in a way that they can't get back together. So he would either have to ignore continuity, which might make you happy but would anger another corner of the Internet, or he would have to figure out a way to change or rewrite history. While they are not allowed back together do you expect MJ, as a character, to just sit alone by a phone waiting on a phone call. Of course not. Of course she's going to date someone else. And if she's not with Pete, why would she be a major character in the current story? She'd be a wasted character.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but would anger another corner of the Internet,.

Not exacly the place to make that kind of comment.....

Why do you guys blame Slott for Pete and MJ not being together?

No,not really.
    I blame him for writing the character poorly.

Then again,i only speak for myself.....and you'll probably find a way to defend him,again.

She'd be a wasted character.

She already is,because she is NOT in the story.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@camstevens80 lol I don't think anyone blames Slott for Peter and MJ not being together, people dislike his bad writing and character portrayals, go and profess your love to slott or something.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't love Slott guys but that's ok if you need to put me in that box. I like his writing and I enjoy his plotting and big picture planning but I'm not a Slott apologist. I do though enjoy the fact that he's creating new characters. It's ok that some characters get put on the shelf for newer characters. Also, it's not like MJ and Pete are Superman and Lois. Pete's dated and loved several girls... not just MJ. Anyways, everyone knows if Gwen were still alive he'd choose Gwen over MJ every time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9258  Edited By PunyParker

I don't love Slott guys but that's ok if you need to put me in that box. I like his writing and I enjoy his plotting and big picture planning but I'm not a Slott apologist

This is two opposites.......

And there's no harm in loving Slott or any other writer for that matter.......i love Bendis,several other people hate him,that doesn;t mean i have to apologise.......

It's ok that some characters get put on the shelf for newer characters.

It's not ok,to have them around and write them like crap,though.......

Also, it's not like MJ and Pete are Superman and Lois. Pete's dated and loved several girls...

Dated,yes.
    Loved,no.

Anyways, everyone knows if Gwen were still alive he'd choose Gwen over MJ every time.

That's your opinion......not "everyone knows"........not by a long shot.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I would say it's safe to say he lived Gwen, MJ, and Carlie... That definitely doesn't make MJ his unrequited love that he has to be with... Also, if you hate how Slott writes MJ then you should be glad that she's not in the comic right now.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't love Slott guys but that's ok if you need to put me in that box. I like his writing and I enjoy his plotting and big picture planning but I'm not a Slott apologist. I do though enjoy the fact that he's creating new characters. It's ok that some characters get put on the shelf for newer characters. Also, it's not like MJ and Pete are Superman and Lois. Pete's dated and loved several girls... not just MJ. Anyways, everyone knows if Gwen were still alive he'd choose Gwen over MJ every time.

Everyone knows that after Gwen's death, Peter's longest, most consistent, loving and endearing relationship was with Mary Jane.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camstevens80 said:

Everyone knows that after Gwen's death, Peter's longest, most consistent, loving and endearing relationship was with Mary Jane.

It's all about Gwen now, thanks to the movies. Mary Jane hasn't been relevant and popular since the movies and comicwise is out of radar for most of the cannon.

Everyone? Spider-Man's investment in her is no more profound with fandom than Gwen is. Or even Kitty Pryde or Black Cat. Spidey like Batman has made himself a mimetic chick magnet and is meant to be a escapist self insertive fantasy for nerds and normal joes. So he has no principle love interest like Superman or Aquaman.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9262  Edited By magnetic_eye

@jimishim12 said:

@magnetic_eye said:

@camstevens80 said:

It's all about Gwen now, thanks to the movies. Mary Jane hasn't been relevant and popular since the movies and comicwise is out of radar for most of the cannon.

Everyone? Spider-Man's investment in her is no more profound with fandom than Gwen is. Or even Kitty Pryde or Black Cat. Spidey like Batman has made himself a mimetic chick magnet and is meant to be a escapist self insertive fantasy for nerds and normal joes. So he has no principle love interest like Superman or Aquaman.

IMO, the Phony Sony movies are CRAP. They are not genuine faithful adaptations and are pretty much an alternate re-imagining and irrelevant as this discussion is about the comic book MJ being insidiously undermined.

Besides Gwen died in ASM2; the worst of all the franchise films. For me Gwen died in the the original issue of Amazing Spider-Man #121. She was a great character and Pete's first love, but Spider-Man moved on and his relationship with MJ blossomed into long lasting true love and marriage.

Spider-Man, unlike Batman has been deconstructed from a mature and responsible adult into a philandering immature comic relief buffoon.

DC with Batman's 75 year history have not treated their character with disrespect and contempt as Marvel have by selling the film rights to Sony and then regressing the character into something other than his original characteristics, including the misrepresentation of some of the original support cast being replaced by bland second rate wannabees.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9263  Edited By magnetic_eye
    @jimishim12 said:

"Spidey like Batman has made himself a mimetic chick magnet and is meant to be a escapist self insertive fantasy for nerds and normal joes. So he has no principle love interest like Superman or Aquaman."

No, in retrospect it was Peter Parker / Spider-Man who initially was the nerd (normal joe) that readers could relate to, who eventually won the heart of a super model and who clearly was the established principal love interest. They were married for 21 years.

The mimetic chick magnet meant to be an escapist self insertive fantasy is not part of the original Spider-Man mythos.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12 said:

@magnetic_eye said:

@camstevens80 said:

IMO, the Phony Sony movies are CRAP. They are not genuine faithful adaptations and are pretty much an alternate re-imagining and irrelevant as this discussion is about the comic book MJ being insidiously undermined.

Besides Gwen died in ASM2; the worst of all the franchise films. For me Gwen died in the the original issue of Amazing Spider-Man #121. She was a great character and Pete's first love, but Spider-Man moved on and his relationship with MJ blossomed into long lasting true love and marriage.

Spider-Man, unlike Batman has been deconstructed from a mature and responsible adult into a philandering immature comic relief buffoon.

DC with Batman's 75 year history have not treated the character with as much disrespect and contempt as Marvel have by selling the film rights to Sony and then regressing the character into something other than his original characteristics, including the misrepresentation of some of the original support cast being replaced by bland second rate wannabees.

LOL generally speaking, Spider-Man is a icon first and a character second, marvel wants to make money as a result of their own audience demographic. And as an Icon, Spider-Man should always a free flowing change with the times character if he wants to stay popular. Gwen Stacy now is the most profound love interest now, not MJ, and Spider-Man x Gwen gained a massive shipping following thanks to those movies. But just like MJ, it will change based on a generation of Spider-Man fans or a writers whim.

Mary Jane IMO was a plot deteriment, made Spider-Man less about a hero who we look up too and more a whipped clark kent expy who sold his dignity and lost his grit to become a husband to a woman who never accepted Spider-Man as a number one priority and always wanted her needs to come first. But MJ didn't last, and marvel acknowledges that like Batman, Spidey can change his love life on a drop of a hat because in the end Spider-Man is more important than Spider-Man's commitment to love.

Spidey has always been a variable buffon and butt monkey, it's part of his charm as a underdog and a human escapism concept. Before he made a deal with Mephisto, he was always a loser compared to the other avengers and always seemed over his head.

Well your opinion on batman compared to spiderman is wrong on an account that Spidey was always alternating in different ways even before the marriage was canceled.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It´s actually the opposite, most people know Peter loves MJ more than he has loved anyone, go and do some research, go look at polls, most people prefer MJ and say she is Peter´s greatest love.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I would say it's safe to say he lived Gwen, MJ, and Carlie... That definitely doesn't make MJ his unrequited love that he has to be with... Also, if you hate how Slott writes MJ then you should be glad that she's not in the comic right now.

I've said that numerous times.

And i believe he has loved Gwen and MJ.......he hasn't loved Carlie.......you don't "love" 3-4 people in your life.......you see,i didn't mention Felicia,and she's my favorite female character,but i still think,the way story went,with those two,it was just a brief relationship,where he wanted to love her,but in the end couldn't,as much as MJ,for that matter.........she loved him like crazy ,though

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@magnetic_eye said:

@jimishim12 said:

@magnetic_eye said:

@camstevens80 said:

DC with Batman's 75 year history have not treated the character with as much disrespect and contempt as Marvel have by selling the film rights to Sony and then regressing the character into something other than his original characteristics, including the misrepresentation of some of the original support cast being replaced by bland second rate wannabees.

LOL generally speaking, Spider-Man is a icon first and a character second, marvel wants to make money as a result of their own audience demographic. And as an Icon, Spider-Man should always a free flowing change with the times character if he wants to stay popular. Gwen Stacy now is the most profound love interest now, not MJ, and Spider-Man x Gwen gained a massive shipping following thanks to those movies. But just like MJ, it will change based on a generation of Spider-Man fans or a writers whim.

Mary Jane IMO was a plot deteriment, made Spider-Man less about a hero who we look up too and more a whipped clark kent expy who sold his dignity and lost his grit to become a husband to a woman who never accepted Spider-Man as a number one priority and always wanted her needs to come first. But MJ didn't last, and marvel acknowledges that like Batman, Spidey can change his love life on a drop of a hat because in the end Spider-Man is more important than Spider-Man's commitment to love.

Spidey has always been a variable buffon and butt monkey, it's part of his charm as a underdog and a human escapism concept. Before he made a deal with Mephisto, he was always a loser compared to the other avengers and always seemed over his head.

Well your opinion on batman compared to spiderman is wrong on an account that Spidey was always alternating in different ways even before the marriage was canceled.

Okay here's a few things I've got get off my chest.

1. Peter hasn't always been a butt monkey. That's one of the many things that have turned people off of him. Why he might be a goof from time to time it doesn't happen in excess.

2. MJ did accept Peter being Spider-Man. Much more then Carlie did or IMO Gwen ever could. We can't know about Gwen as that's part of the tragedy of her death since she never knew Peter was Spider-Man.

3. Gwen is only as well known because of two things. 1.The Amazing Spider-Man movies 2. Spectacular Spider-Man.

4. In order for a new relationship too work the characters have to have chemistry. So far none of the love interest introduced post OMD have that.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9268  Edited By angelalfonso

@camstevens80:

We know that there is at least another Peter that fought Morlum and won:

the Peter that rejected the other and merged completely with the symbiote becoming Poison.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3. Gwen is only as well known because of two things. 1.The Amazing Spider-Man movies 2. Spectacular Spider-Man.

I been a big fan of Gwen for a lot longer than that

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In House of M when everyone was given what they wanted Peter was married to Gwen. When it was over and they could remember it all, he wanted Dr Strange to erase it from his mind because he couldn't stand remembering his life with Gwen... it was too painful... because she is his first and truest love. MJ can suck it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In House of M when everyone was given what they wanted Peter was married to Gwen. When it was over and they could remember it all, he wanted Dr Strange to erase it from his mind because he couldn't stand remembering his life with Gwen... it was too painful... because she is his first and truest love. MJ can suck it.

Then you're complaining that we are rude to Slott........

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ummmmmm... Slott is a real living breathing human being... MJ is a fictional character... Big difference

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ummmmmm... Slott is a real living breathing human being... MJ is a fictional character... Big difference

I like MJ,and i didn't like what you said.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: That's fine, but to compare being "rude" to a fictional character and being rude to a real life person is kind of ridiculous and silly. That's fine if you don't like what I say about a character, but to expect people to view a character the same way they would a real person is a bit much.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: That's fine, but to compare being "rude" to a fictional character and being rude to a real life person is kind of ridiculous and silly. That's fine if you don't like what I say about a character, but to expect people to view a character the same way they would a real person is a bit much.

Okay

But still, rude = rude.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9277  Edited By magnetic_eye
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso:

Fair enough but I meant in general. If you ask someone who hadn't read a comic before those two things I think the most likely answer would've been Mary Jane or Black Cat. Particularly due too the cartoons and movies.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Rude does = rude... but that opens the question of, "can you be rude to someone if they are fictional and not a real person or alive?" I would say no.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are you telling MJ's fans to suck it too? Because that's what some might be interpreting it as. I also disagree with that being with that being what it meant. I think it meant he wished he could've saved Gwen. Let's be honest Peter has made no secret that he blames himself for her death. He clearly wishes he could've saved her. I also believe it couldn't have been truest love because 1 that wasn't the real Gwen Stacy but rather Peter's Idealized version of her. 2. Gwen only knew the Peter side of him and would need to know the Spider-Man side for it too work.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise: no, it was not a fake, it was the real Gwen, of that world, she was brought back to life by the scarlet witch powers (so was uncle Ben), if you insist she was a fake you are saying that Magneto, Pietro and Hawkeye are fakes.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise: If I wanted to tell fans of a character I would have said that... I was referring to the character. Also, I agree with @angelalfonso that that was the real Gwen. The effects of House of M (no more mutants) were real and so was House of M. It was not a fake Gwen, but the real Gwen. The Spider-man House of M miniseries ends with them living in seclusion with a happy life. That's what Peter misses and why he wants the memories erased. There is a look of sadness when he seen MJ when he wakes up from House of M because he really wanted Gwen.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9283  Edited By animehunter

Marvel January 2015 Solicitations - SPIDER-VERSE Titles

SPIDER-VERSE #2 (of 2)

DAN SLOTT, KATHRYN IMMONEN, JED MCKAY & OTHERS (W)

MARK BROOKS, DAVID LAFUENTE, SHELDON VELLA & OTHERS (A)

Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• THE SPIDER-VERSE ANTHOLOGY CONTINUES!
    • SO MANY SPIDER-MEN AND WOMEN! THIS ISSUE:
    • VIDEO-GAME SPIDEY!
    • PUNK-ROCK SPIDEY!
    • FAIRY TALE SPIDEY!
    • MEXICO’S OWN SPIDEY TALE IN SPANISH!

40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/090/original/SPIDERVERSE002cov.jpg?1413843916

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #8

Peter David (W)

William Sliney (A)

Cover by Francesco Mattina

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• Spider-Man 2099 and Lady Spider must reunite with the rest of the spiders in time for the final battle against the Inheritors!
    • Who will survive the Spider-verse?
    • Will Miguel finally be able to return home? And by “home” do we mean 2099 or 2014?

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/089/original/SM20992014008cov.jpg?1413843911

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13

DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)

Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

Variant COVER by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY Mike Del Mundo

Marvel Animation Spider-Verse variant by Jeff Wamester

SPIDER-VERSE PART 5 - THE FINAL BATTLE BEGINS HERE!

• EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER MUST FIGHT AND NO SPIDER IS SAFE!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/088/original/ASM2014013Cover_col.jpg?1413843906

SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #3 (of 3)

CHRISTOS GAGE &

TOM DEFALCO (W)

DAVE WILLIAMS & RON FRENZ (A)

Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• A whole group of Spiders team up, but what mission takes FIVE Spiders?
    • The SPIDER-GIRL team reunites for a story about Mayday and a mystery Spider!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/091/original/SVTU2014003cov.jpg?1413843922

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso *@camstevens80: I disagree highly. I think the whole world of house of M was an illusion brought upon by Wanda's PTSD. The whole reason they were brought back is because Peter feel so responsible for their deaths. If they were real there'd have been a discussion on if changing the reality back was ethical. Did I miss that?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Rude does = rude... but that opens the question of, "can you be rude to someone if they are fictional and not a real person or alive?" I would say no.

Again, i get what you're saying,but you are disrespectfull to people who like MJ.
    I never "ugly-rant" -ed about Gwen,because i know some people like her in here........because i wouldn't respect those people.....in general,when i dont like something ,i'll prove it with points,not say "Fyck this" etc.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPIDER-VERSE #2 (of 2)

DAN SLOTT, KATHRYN IMMONEN, JED MCKAY & OTHERS (W)

MARK BROOKS, DAVID LAFUENTE, SHELDON VELLA & OTHERS (A)

Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• THE SPIDER-VERSE ANTHOLOGY CONTINUES!
    • SO MANY SPIDER-MEN AND WOMEN! THIS ISSUE:
    • VIDEO-GAME SPIDEY!
    • PUNK-ROCK SPIDEY!
    • FAIRY TALE SPIDEY!
    • MEXICO’S OWN SPIDEY TALE IN SPANISH!

40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

Any actual story?.......

• And by “home” do we mean 2099 or 2014?

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/089/original/SM20992014008cov.jpg?1413843911

That doesn't make sense.......

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13

DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)

Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

Variant COVER by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY Mike Del Mundo

Marvel Animation Spider-Verse variant by Jeff Wamester

SPIDER-VERSE PART 5 - THE FINAL BATTLE BEGINS HERE!

• EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER MUST FIGHT AND NO SPIDER IS SAFE!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/088/original/ASM2014013Cover_col.jpg?1413843906

GBendis said he wants no part in this,although Miles is everywhere.........

Fenomenal art,btw.

And i like that now Ock is on team Spidey......we dont know under what conditions,but he is.

CHRISTOS GAGE &

TOM DEFALCO (W)

Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/137/091/original/SVTU2014003cov.jpg?1413843922

I like the one with the black 'n white suit,i can't remember her name....she had a series when Big Time was running,didn't she?

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9287  Edited By I_NEED_A_HORSE

a punk rock spiderman? please tell me that character already existed and someone didn't just create it for this, what a stupid character.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

CHRISTOS GAGE &

TOM DEFALCO (W)

Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I like the one with the black 'n white suit,i can't remember her name....she had a series when Big Time was running,didn't she?

Her name's Anya Sofía Corazón (Araña), and yes, she had her own series after/during Big Time which ran for 8 issues. We last saw her when she appear in the final 5 issues of Avengers Assemble

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: You said you were glad she died. You can't get much uglier than that.

Avatar image for kovandeontaemiller
    KovanDeontaeMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #9

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w)

DAVID MARQUEZ (a/C)

MILES MORALES: AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.?

• ‘Nuff said!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: You said you were glad she died. You can't get much uglier than that.

Oh,man ,whatever.
    Can't get the difference,and you just want to be right.

YOU'RE RIGHT,mister.....everyone else are stupid and wrong.
    Happy?

Good.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More January Solicitations

SCARLET SPIDERS #3 (of 3)

MICHAEL COSTA (W)

PACO DIAZ (A)

Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

SPIDER-VERSE MARCHES ON!

• The Scarlet Spiders' adventure through SPIDER-VERSE reaches its epic conclusion!
    • With the fates of the Spiders from across the multiverse in their hands, can Kaine, Jessica Drew, and Ben Reilly stop Jennix and his machinations of destruction?!
    • One of the Scarlet Spiders will have to make the ultimate sacrifice!

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SCARSPIDERS2014003-Cov-ef103.jpg

SPIDER-WOMAN #3

DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY W. SCOTT FORBES

SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!

• Spider-Woman is in the tightest spot she's ever been in. What if even succeeding with her mission means her death?!?!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SPIDERWOMAN2014003VAR-5ab26.jpg

SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #2

ELLIOTT KALAN (W) • MARCO FAILLA (A)

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• Bad Teacher! Spidey's already gotten his X-students captured by Sauron and Stegron! Can they stop the Savage Land from colonizing Staten Island?
    • Traitor! Has Shark Girl really betrayed her classmates for these cold-blooded creeps?
    • Romance! Have you ever seen a pteranodon/stegosaurus/shark love triangle? You will if you buy this issue!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/SMXMEN2014002-aaada.jpg

MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #9

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w)

DAVID MARQUEZ (a/C)

MILES MORALES: AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.?

• ‘Nuff said!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/MMULTSM2014009-6a74e.jpg

ALL-NEW ULTIMATES #12

MICHEL FIFFE (w)

AMILCAR PINNA (a)

Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

THE SHOCKING CONCLUSION!

• The climactic, life changing conclusion for the rawest, grittiest new team on the block. Their fate hangs in the balance!
    • Can THE ULTIMATES save the city from catastrophe yet again and survive the process?
    • Monsters, mayhem, and super powered fisticuffs! If this isn't the MARVEL COMIC TO END ALL MARVEL COMICS, we don't know what is!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ANULTMTS2014012-4a732.jpg

NOVA #26

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • John Timms (A)

Cover by ORPHANS CHEEPS

• Cletus Kasady comes to Carefree!
    • Carnage ensues!

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/NOVA2013026-cov-51bf3.jpg

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #23

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A)

Cover by Christian Ward

WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• Venom finally takes a trip home! Can't wait to meet its folks. Or...the thing it spawned from...or whatever...
    • But with the symbiote becoming more and more uncontrollable, this may be seriously bad news for the Guardians.
    • I mean...come on guys! Can't they have ONE nice vacation? Always with the monsters and aliens and lasers and stuff...

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/GARGAL2013023-cov-1f41b.jpg

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #20

PETER DAVID (w)

CoverS by KRIS ANKA & JARED K. FLETCHER

Issue #20 - FINAL ISSUE VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• At last – the revelation behind the secret of Harrison Snow. Guest starring: Spider-Man 2099.
    • Final issue!

32 PGS.(EACH)/Rated T+ ...$3.99 (EACH)

No cover has been provided

Black Cat should be appearing in this issue

HAWKEYE VS. DEADPOOL #4 (of 4)

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MATTEO LOLLI (A)

COVER BY JAMES HARREN

• It's been a wild ride, but we made it to this loony limited's FINAL ISSUE!
    • You wouldn't want to be the only one on the block who doesn't know how the story ends, wouldja?
    • A BOMBASTIC conclusion to an EXPLOSIVE adventure of the DYNAMITE team of Hawkeye (Barton), Hawkeye (Bishop), and Deadpool (not Hawkeye).
    • Explosions.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/HE-DP-cvr5-ae37d.jpg

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

Stan Lee’s home could be yours for a cool $3.75 million

stan lee-asgard

Here’s the ultimate find for the truly devoted Marvel collector: Stan Lee’s house.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the legendary comics creator has listed his walled and gated home in Hollywood Hills West for $3.75 million.

It’s not quite Avengers Mansion, but the 1945 house does boast 2,500 square feet of living space, four bedrooms and six baths. There’s also a swimming pool and spa on the one-fifth-acre property, located on a cul-de-sac.

A native New Yorker, the 91-year-old Lee moved to the West Coast in 1981 to help develop Marvel’s properties for film and television. He purchased this house in 2006 for $3.599 million.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I said that MJ can suck it... You said you were glad Gwen was dead. There's a pretty big difference there. And if you want to say I was rude to fans of MJ, then I apologize, that was not my intention; but then you told Gwen fans that you were glad the girl they liked was dead because you hate her so much. Now you can say I just want to be right and be passive aggressive in your sarcastic comments, that doesn't affect me at all, but I don't think I'm the one wanting to be right so badly I'm acting childishly.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well saw the Spider-Girl backup with Mayday. I'm not happy but I can't say I didn't expect it.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9296  Edited By Rubear

I think that they will definetly need this one in Spiderverce.

No Caption Provided
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Spider-Woman #1 (Unlettered) - OUT November 19th, 2014

New Ongoing Series/Spider-Verse Tie-In! Jessica Drew has been an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and agent of S.W.O.R.D., an Avenger and so much more. But nothing could prepare her for the multidimensional insanity that is Spider-Verse! A war is brewing, and every spider-character in the multiverse is a target! But being a target is something Jessica Drew just won’t abide. She’s a woman with a mission and with Silk, the newest spider-character on the block at her side, she’ll have to put all her training to the test if she wants to make it out of Spider-Verse alive!

SPIDER-VERSE KICKS OFF A NEW ONGOING SERIES!

• Dennis Hopeless (CABLE & X-FORCE, AVENGERS: ARENA) and Greg Land (UNCANNY X-MEN) bring you a universe spanning adventure starring Jessica Drew Spider-Woman and the newest spider-hero, SILK!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Woman-1-Cover-7042b.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Woman-1-Preview-1-357f1.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Woman-1-Preview-2-5443f.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/Spider-Woman-1-Preview-3-3c067.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR

Stan Lee’s home could be yours for a cool $3.75 million

Here’s the ultimate find for the truly devoted Marvel collector: Stan Lee’s house.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the legendary comics creator has listed his walled and gated home in Hollywood Hills West for $3.75 million.

It’s not quite Avengers Mansion, but the 1945 house does boast 2,500 square feet of living space, four bedrooms and six baths. There’s also a swimming pool and spa on the one-fifth-acre property, located on a cul-de-sac.

A native New Yorker, the 91-year-old Lee moved to the West Coast in 1981 to help develop Marvel’s properties for film and television. He purchased this house in 2006 for $3.599 million.

Where do i pay?

but I don't think I'm the one wanting to be right so badly I'm acting childishly.

Stop trying,you're just failing........and if everything you say,is against me,i'm gonna stop talking to you.

And i'm really find with that.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9299  Edited By I_NEED_A_HORSE

Gwen can go make sweet love to Norman Osborn, Mj and JMS 4 life.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: If I remember correctly, this is from a comic with Arcade where he had made a robotic version of Phoenix and Spider-man place the mechanism that created the allusion of Phoenix power on his back. I'm not sure if this would qualify as a Spiderverse character or not... but it is a really cool picture.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.