Spider-Man can possibly appear in the Cinematic universe... Maybe

#1 Posted by Spectacular_Iceman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics, you see earth-616, earth-1610 and so on - what if one day Marvel decides to team up with Sony, to bring Spidey to the Avengers - Probably not, but it is a possibility. If you look at the Magical side of Thor, in the film, he goes on talking about realms and crap, so what if one day they can come up with a way to make 'universe portals' or 'other dimensions' fit into a modern Avengers sequel? I surely hope so, because now since Sony decided to reboot Spider-Man rather than hand him back to Marvel - there won't be another reboot for another 15-20 years just to make the character apart of the Marvel cinematic universe...

#2 Edited by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't happen. And if it did, it wouldn't be through dimension crossing.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13633 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be pretty damn stupid......meaning Marvel is thinking about it right now.

#4 Edited by Strider92 (16768 posts) - - Show Bio

If they ever put Spider-man in an Avengers movie then imo they should do it like in the comics and make a New Avenger's movie and ignore the Avengers (perhaps make a few references or cameos but don't include them directly).

Don't throw him in with Cap, Stark etc... Have him on the NA team with IF, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, Wolverine etc.... and have them deal with more street level type threats than alien invasions.

#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (4090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

That would be pretty damn stupid......meaning Marvel is thinking about it right now.

lol. By george, your right.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

There would be no dimension hopping. I won't say that Marvel will NEVER have Spider-Man in the cinematic universe, but it'll take time and definitely money to get it going.

#7 Posted by Protoon (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure at this point I'd want Marvel to put Spidey in an Avengers sequel...

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Sony needs to release Spider-Man's rights...

#9 Posted by Spectacular_Iceman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

It WOULD be pretty darn stupid for Marvel and Sony to try and throw Spidey in an Avengers film with my stupid theory - But all of us, here, are basing our facts that Spider-Man shouldn't be in the Avengers because of our view on the Avengers film and how good it was - Not to mention the upcoming Spidey reboot, but I think everyone needs to start re-thinking 'bout what they're saying, because in the comics Spider-Man fits in just fine with the Avengers if you ask me...

#10 Edited by Strider92 (16768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spectacular_Iceman: I don't have anything against Spider-man being in the Avengers per say its just I think watching Spider-man fighting Aliens like in the Avengers Movie would just look odd so i'll reffer back to my original comment:

If they ever put Spider-man in an Avengers movie then imo they should do it like in the comics and make a New Avenger's movie and ignore the Avengers (perhaps make a few references or cameos but don't include them directly).

Don't throw him in with Cap, Stark etc... Have him on the NA team with IF, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, Wolverine etc.... and have them deal with more street level type threats than alien invasions.

#11 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Why would it look odd? you are telling me its more believable to watch black widow, hawkeye and cap?

avengers was great, best superhero movie since dark knight. but seeing spiderman worked in would be cool, if they did it right.

#12 Posted by Nox_Arc (219 posts) - - Show Bio

It can't and won't happen unless Marvel regains the film rights from Sony, which doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.