Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man can possibly appear in the Cinematic universe... Maybe

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
    Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the comics, you see earth-616, earth-1610 and so on - what if one day Marvel decides to team up with Sony, to bring Spidey to the Avengers - Probably not, but it is a possibility. If you look at the Magical side of Thor, in the film, he goes on talking about realms and crap, so what if one day they can come up with a way to make 'universe portals' or 'other dimensions' fit into a modern Avengers sequel? I surely hope so, because now since Sony decided to reboot Spider-Man rather than hand him back to Marvel - there won't be another reboot for another 15-20 years just to make the character apart of the Marvel cinematic universe...

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Won't happen. And if it did, it wouldn't be through dimension crossing.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

That would be pretty damn stupid......meaning Marvel is thinking about it right now.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

If they ever put Spider-man in an Avengers movie then imo they should do it like in the comics and make a New Avenger's movie and ignore the Avengers (perhaps make a few references or cameos but don't include them directly).

Don't throw him in with Cap, Stark etc... Have him on the NA team with IF, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, Wolverine etc.... and have them deal with more street level type threats than alien invasions.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

That would be pretty damn stupid......meaning Marvel is thinking about it right now.

lol. By george, your right.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

There would be no dimension hopping. I won't say that Marvel will NEVER have Spider-Man in the cinematic universe, but it'll take time and definitely money to get it going.

Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Protoon

I'm not sure at this point I'd want Marvel to put Spidey in an Avengers sequel...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

Sony needs to release Spider-Man's rights...

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
    Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It WOULD be pretty darn stupid for Marvel and Sony to try and throw Spidey in an Avengers film with my stupid theory - But all of us, here, are basing our facts that Spider-Man shouldn't be in the Avengers because of our view on the Avengers film and how good it was - Not to mention the upcoming Spidey reboot, but I think everyone needs to start re-thinking 'bout what they're saying, because in the comics Spider-Man fits in just fine with the Avengers if you ask me...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@Spectacular_Iceman: I don't have anything against Spider-man being in the Avengers per say its just I think watching Spider-man fighting Aliens like in the Avengers Movie would just look odd so i'll reffer back to my original comment:

If they ever put Spider-man in an Avengers movie then imo they should do it like in the comics and make a New Avenger's movie and ignore the Avengers (perhaps make a few references or cameos but don't include them directly).

Don't throw him in with Cap, Stark etc... Have him on the NA team with IF, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, Wolverine etc.... and have them deal with more street level type threats than alien invasions.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NEEK_03

@Strider92: Why would it look odd? you are telling me its more believable to watch black widow, hawkeye and cap?

avengers was great, best superhero movie since dark knight. but seeing spiderman worked in would be cool, if they did it right.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nox_Arc

It can't and won't happen unless Marvel regains the film rights from Sony, which doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.