Spider-Man and Superman crossovers

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Who else has read these 2 classic crossover comics? the first one is a historic comic landmark in 1976 for both DC and Marvel after they made the first co-published comic ever the previous year known as MGM's Marvelous Wizard of Oz, but Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man became the world's first ever intercompany crossover comic and became a success, it spawned an even better sequel in 1981.

When i was 10 20 years ago i remembered looking in one of my city's malls's book stores at a thing called graphic novels and seeing some cool collected comics, something caught my eye called "Marvel/DC Crossover classics" that contained all 4 classic crossovers like "Superman vs. Spider-Man", "Superman/Spider-Man", "Batman vs. Hulk" and "X-Men/New Teen Titans", i was like "a Marvel and DC crossover comic? no way!" as i had my mom buy it for me and i read it and loved it. Seeing such childhood heroes like Superman, Spider-Man, Batman and Hulk with X-Men all together was like a dream come true.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have more but unfortunately they don't have the same relationship they had back then.

#3 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Having Dr. Octopus and Lex Luthor including Dr. Doom and Parasite together was quite an interesting team-up you have to admit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.