Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-man 700 WTF Most Horrible idea ever

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Blackestnight1

SPOILER below Not really cause you wont want to keep Reading Spider-man after what was done anyway.

Spider-man 700 was the worst idea and writing I have ever seen. Killing off Doc Octopus would have been enough of an event. Allowing an enemy to kill Spider-man and run off with his life, girl, memories, etc was worst thing one could do to a Spider-man fan. The Theme of Justice is what is attractive about comics. Dan Slott just flipped it all backwards. I am glad he enjoys his negative attention. He just took a shit on the work of Stan Lee and many other who built a character over so many years. I won't be reading the re-launch. I don't acknowledge anything Dan Slott has written. I hope a fan based Spiderman 701 is written to replace the Bullshit of Slott. The way it happened didn't even make sense. Peter would have phoned MJ and the Fantastic 4 Avengers ASAP to tell them what had happened. Someone like Dr. Strange or any mind reading Xmen could have verified it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

If you looked further, you'd know that Peter isn't really dead.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

... Bit late to the party, huh?

Regardless, I agree with some of your points, though I disagree with the venom. Frankly, it could have been handled better, especially if the goal was to motivate Spidey to be better, and live up to his potential. There are lots of ways to make an interesting story of Peter becoming a Superior Spider-Man, and while this was certainly one way to do it, it's not one I approve of.

Now that said, Superior IS actually a fairly decent read thus far. I'm not liking how much of a douchebag Otto is, but it's interesting.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xblah_blahx

Its already been established what a horrible idea this is. Slott is a terrible writer and SSM is garbage.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By mewmdude77

Personally I enjoy Superior. If it was any other villain besides Doc Ock, it would be terrible. Doc Ock is similar to Peter in a lot of way though. They both are good with science, both were awkward nerds that were bullied in high school, both had glasses, the main difference between them is that Doc Ock didn't have an Uncle Ben or an Aunt May. By getting Peter's memories, he felt the good life Peter had, and swore to become a good guy. Secondly, Doc Ock isn't with MJ anymore. He ended that because he felt it was wrong. Thirdly, an event where Doc Ock died is not enough, since that event happened before. You know what the worst thing to do to a Spider-Man fan is? OMD. Sins Past. Clone Saga. Those three are so much worse than Superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

As much as I hate this new situation, I'm really enjoying its aftermath in Superior Spider-Man.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Superior is one of my favourite story arcs, because I know PETER'S GOING TO RETURN sooner or later (I mean really, what are the odds he won't?), so I am just enjoying the ride. The main reason I like it is, because it is something unusual and unordinary and offers something different.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Humanoid
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@JimTheSurfer: I've read somewhere that Slott said he has a master plan for Peter's victorious comeback. Having this said, I don't like the SSM project, but I do find Yost's Avenging Spiderman pretty interesting giving some good material for the future. Nevertheless, the way Marvel treated fans, the way Slott trolled, the whole process, everything was insulting to Stan Lee, to Marvel's flag - Spiderman - and to us, the fans. I hope Yost takes over after Slott.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I love the SSM book and think it's been fare beyond entertaining. I like it and would be fine with peter sitting on the shelf for a while.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By consolemaster001

@Blackestnight: According to Slott, evil gets rewarded when good men fail to stop it.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Humanoid

@consolemaster001 said:

@Blackestnight: According to Slott, evil gets rewarded when good men fail to stop it.

What happens if two evil guys fight each other? Do they both get rewarded? I can only hope the Green Goblin shows Ock the true Spider-Man experience.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@consolemaster001 said:

Welcome to real life, son.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By consolemaster001

@JimTheSurfer said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Actually, i was aware of this years ago....son

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@consolemaster001 said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@consolemaster001 said:

Actually, i was aware of this years ago....son

I'm glad, Father... Son...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KnightRise

Its a new direction and pretty good, while obviously temporary, story. Oops, I mean its the end of life as we know it and we should all torch-and-pitchfork Dan Slott. Because thats clearly the only appropriate reaction to a story thats only 4 issues in....

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@KnightRise said:

Its a new direction and pretty good, while obviously temporary, story. Oops, I mean its the end of life as we know it and we should all torch-and-pitchfork Dan Slott. Because thats clearly the only appropriate reaction to a story thats only 4 issues in....

For this you deserve a follow.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Humanoid: Watch the language, please. Censor it if you have to.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I'm loving the Superior Spider-Man run. At times, it's a bit creepy, especially when Ock deals with the ladies. I mean, did anyone see the preview of #5?

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Ock handles Massacre.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Humanoid

@god_spawn said:

@Humanoid: Watch the language, please. Censor it if you have to.

Oh right, always forget how stickily this site is. Soz!

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Blackestnight1

@JimTheSurfer: Comics aren't real life and used to be escapism from all the actual injustice. Something to inspire what ought to be. Spider-man has also been the lighter side of things. Having some old man creep up on the ladies is just disturbing. The way he went to Avengers Tower rather than just phoning them, how he didn't bother to contact MJ or anyone else, it just didn't make any sense. I'm late on the party because I order my comics from Japan and wait until there are a lot so I can save on shipping.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @KnightRise

This.
    I don't understand all the nerd rage, it's a good story. Spider-Man loses to one of his worst enemies and is forced to watch him take his place. It's a new version of Peter Parker: This is Your Life or Its a Wonderful Life. The coolest part will be seeing what happens when Peter gets his body and life back.
    SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By SavageDragon

Its all about Ultimate Comics Spiderman dude! Check it out if you dont dig superior. I love Ultimate Comics Spiderman, that book is great.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Blackestnight said:

@JimTheSurfer: Comics aren't real life and used to be escapism from all the actual injustice. Something to inspire what ought to be. Spider-man has also been the lighter side of things. Having some old man creep up on the ladies is just disturbing. The way he went to Avengers Tower rather than just phoning them, how he didn't bother to contact MJ or anyone else, it just didn't make any sense. I'm late on the party because I order my comics from Japan and wait until there are a lot so I can save on shipping.

If everything would be nice and fluffy, then it wouldn't be interesting anymore. I think Dying Wish is a great storyline. Something new, fresh, interesating. I personally love seeing Doc Ock to struggle with his new life being a superhero, trying to be good, but still having the old arrogant personality.People like you hate it just because bad guys win and it brings change into comics. And don't worry - Peter will be back. So just sit back and try to enjoy this storyline, while it lasts.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By soduh2

@Humanoid:

Also, does anyone think that MJ is a totally sh*t f*cking love interest?

I blame the writers...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KnightRise

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@KnightRise

This.
    I don't understand all the nerd rage, it's a good story. Spider-Man loses to one of his worst enemies and is forced to watch him take his place. It's a new version of Peter Parker: This is Your Life or Its a Wonderful Life. The coolest part will be seeing what happens when Peter gets his body and life back.

Its really just embarassing when we don't even give them a chance. Half the comments state that they aren't even going to read a single issue. Like, are you kidding me?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.