Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man 4 On "Indefinite Hold"?

• 64 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    This could possibly be a good thing.  IESB has reported that an inside source informed them that production has stopped on Spider-Man 4 last Thursday.  Apparently there are some "major issues" including Sam Raimi working with an incomplete script and a disagreement over the villain for the film.

Does this mean they're arguing over the lame "Vulturess" character that we've heard mention of?  Could Sam possibly be trying to save us from that horror?  Not really.  It seems that Sam really wants the Vulture to be the bad guy.  This is something he wanted for the third film.  IESB mentions that in "The Art Of Spider-Man 3" book, there is a concept art sketch that shows Adrian Toomes (the Vulture) being cellmates in prison with Flint Marko ( Sandman).  

Who does Sony want to be the villain?  They're not sure.  They're just not too keen on it being the Vulture.  They want whoever is the big selling villain in the Spider-Man books to be featured.  IESB also mentions that their source pointed out that several people are "pissed off" over this disagreement.  Hopefully things will start back up in January.

Do you think the Vulture could work as the villain?
    Thunder God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Thunder God

I like Spider-Man but I haven't read him for awhile so I really wouldn't know who the big villian is  in his book.

darknight100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By darknight100

it's spiderman 3 all over again
    Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Bergquist

thay should just reboot it thay all suck  
    i hope Disney marvel get the right back
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AngelFrost

They'll probably include 2 villains again like they did with Spiderman 3, well, that had 3 but you get the point.

So I think they should scrap the Vulture idea (: I never liked him anyway.
    and bring in Felicia (Black Cat)  and maybe, Hobgoblin? or Mysterio?

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SevanGrim

stoopid company. their paying Sam for his genius, then telling him  he cant use it. 
    not the biggest fan of  Raimi,  but one thing i noticed about the big name directors is that (usually) we get the best out of them when there aren't a bunch of suits trying to dictate their choices. 
    but on the plus side, i hate Tobey's Spiderman, so im not completely bummed about this.

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By welshguy

Said before (a few times most likely) and I'll jolly well say it again... most of spidey's villains are lame. I'm sure Mysterio and Shocker and Electro and Rhino have their fans (can't think of any others to be honest) but few would translate that well onto the big screen in my "sat at the computer screen pretending to work" opinion. 
    However, they did make Doc Ock pretty damn cool; a good mix of power, menace and pathos. Venom was the exact opposite; good comic character, awful film villain. And as for Sandman...  
    Meh. The whole dancing emo peter parker in spiderman 3 pretty much killed the franchise for me. Of course, there was also Mary Jane whining, the incredibly lame bit where the butler confesses that he knew the wounds of Norman Osborne were self inflicted, the overdone soap-opera acting of the end sequence where all of New York watches whiny Jane stuck in a car, then Spidey leaps in with the american flag fluttering behind him (not dissing on patriotism considering that in Britain really has very little to be proud of nowadays) 
    I'm sure spiderman has some great film mileage if the writers and everyone else involved delves deep and tries their damndest to make something special. But every time I read about spiderman 4 news I just roll my eyes and go "bugger, not again"

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FLStyle

Well they can't do a good job with main villains like Venom so I don't see why it would make a difference which one they used in 4. On the other hand The Vulture would be awful.

I say they spend the first twenty minutes with no story, just Spiderman stopping Rhino as as runs away through the city, sending cars flying as he goes. Spiderman outsmarts him, cut to intro. Then the rest of the film should focus on Spidey trying to help cure the Dr Curt Connors from turning into Lizard.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Namor1987

What about Kraven hunting Spider-Man or Electro in his current form with the electric face tattoos & trench coat
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

RHINO AND LIZARD!!!!

Avatar image for james_proudstar
    James Proudstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By James Proudstar

i still think lizard would be the best choice... with electro making a cameo
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Tainted-Cell

If they wanted to bank on an important Spider-man villain from the comics, then they shouldn't have just killed off Norman Osborn in the first movie. Likewise with Venom....

CaptObtuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptObtuse

Not really a big Spider-Man reader, haven't picked up the book in a loooong time and never bought the title regularly.  I have enjoyed the movies though.  Thought they were all very well done.  I'd have a tough time second-guessing Sam Raimi, but it seems to me the the Kraven, The Hunter storyline from several years ago is very strong and would be well suited to a film.

havco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By havco

look the Vulture is a good charater but to Redemption for spider man 3 it's not a good call, mean who see spider man get his ass kick by 70 year old man and his hot daughter ............okay I would, but just for the hot daughter. 

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cmaprice

Spidey 4:  Lizard is born. Battle ensues. Property damage and lives in danger. JJJ hires Mac Gargan to expose/humiliate Spidey and take down Lizard. Gargan, as Scorpion, becomes the new threat, allowing Lizard to go about his business. Spidey beats Scorpion and gives Connors an ultimatum. Connors approaches a humiliated Gargan with a little gift -- the leftover symbiote he had in Spider-Man 3.

Spidey 5: The new Venom and Lizard prove a match for Spidey at every turn. By way of the symbiote, the tagteam know Peter's identity and they prey on it. Spidey finds the best way to beat them is to temporarily offer himself to the symbiote to strip Gargan of his power and give him enough strength to outmatch them. Spidey wins and ditches the symbiote.

BUT OH, NO! The symbiote finds its way into Aunt May's bloodstream, creating CARNAGE!

Heh. Thanks for reading. Joke's on you.

aesgaard41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By aesgaard41

Have Sam contact me. I want in on the script!!! It should be Tim Allen as Electro and Bruce Campbell as Mysterio!!!!
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceIMC

They should let the director make these decisions otherwise he won't really be trying to make his best work. If Raimi thinks he could make Vulture interesting they should let him. If they want another villain they can go with another director. I mean who would have thought Scarecrow would be interesting in Batman Begins?

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I think the vulture would be a good support villian...bring on carnage or one of the many others that are amazing...
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Decept-O

Yet another rumor.  Debatable whether or not this is valid but IF it is, maybe it is a good thing the studio stepped in and stopped the whole thing.  While Vulture may appeal to some, I don't think he'd translate very well on the movie screen.  In fact, I think he'd be ridiculous.  I think he was a bit ridiculous in the comics, like Rhino.  Yeah, I said it.  

Can one only hope Raimi and Co. jump ship now??  Please??  Get a whole different crew, actors, etc.?  Enough of the campy a$$ crap. 
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19  Edited By The_Martian

I think it depends on who they do Vulture. I think that the Vulture from the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows game would translate well into movie form.

WoS Vulture
     WoS Vulture
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goldenkey

The vulture is weak.  He works in the comics not on screen.  You could do a lot with a Mysterio, maybe more on screen then comics.  I'd rather see a villian that has a little more in common with spider-man.  They could make Scorpion great even tho he ended up more of a B list badguy in the books he was one of the more cooler villians in the cartoons when I was little.  An oldman in a bird suit just sounds lame, and his daughter in a bird suit sounds even lamer.  We've already had enough hot chics dressed like cats too, so please no Black Cat.  They keep ruining the goblin suits on film, so please no Hob-goblin.  Jeez who left?  Rhino? Electro that's who.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By goldenkey
    @CaptObtuse said:
    "Not really a big Spider-Man reader, haven't picked up the book in a loooong time and never bought the title regularly.  I have enjoyed the movies though.  Thought they were all very well done.  I'd have a tough time second-guessing Sam Raimi, but it seems to me the the Kraven, The Hunter storyline from several years ago is very strong and would be well suited to a film. "

gotta be ultimate Kraven then.  Not just some guy with a lion head on his chest.  Ultimate Kraven could work too.  The crocidle hunter gets animal like powers.  Lot to work with.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123

BEST - NEWS - EVER. 

Don't freaking make this movie! Just reboot it so we can have Spider-man fighting alongside the Avengers, or at least making a cameo! Or maybe he can run into Hulk like he did in the comics?  
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23
    @Nobody:  
    Yeah that vulture in WOS was great it should look like him
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Martian
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " BEST - NEWS - EVER.  Don't freaking make this movie! Just reboot it so we can have Spider-man fighting alongside the Avengers, or at least making a cameo! Or maybe he can run into Hulk like he did in the comics?   "
    Won't happen. Sony owns the movie rights.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Nobody said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " BEST - NEWS - EVER.  Don't freaking make this movie! Just reboot it so we can have Spider-man fighting alongside the Avengers, or at least making a cameo! Or maybe he can run into Hulk like he did in the comics?   "
    Won't happen. Sony owns the movie rights. "

I know, I know.... but a fan of movies that don't suck can dream, right?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Martian
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    I know, I know.... but a fan of movies that don't suck can dream, right? "
    Spider-Man 1 and 2 were decent. If Sony would just keep out of it and let Raimi do his thing, this one shouldn't be the mistake of Spider-Man 3.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Nobody said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    I know, I know.... but a fan of movies that don't suck can dream, right? "
    Spider-Man 1 and 2 were decent. If Sony would just keep out of it and let Raimi do his thing, this one shouldn't be the mistake of Spider-Man 3. "

Meh, I didn't really care for SM1... and SM2 was just boring to me, since I'm no fan of Tobey Maguire or Kirsten and it was mostly drama. Also, I don't really care for Doc Ock.... 

And SM3 was like... like..... having my soul ripped out by a demon as it cackled and spat in my eyes.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Nighthunter

thing is. Spider-man is one of the top 3 comic characters (Along with Superman and Batman) and marvel's top boy. People don't go to see Scorpion, Elektro, the Lizard, Mysterio, Vulture, etc. They go to see Spider-man. Any villain would do, I for one hate most of Spider-man's villains (and the hero himself too) and still loved what they did to Octopus, who says that Raimi can;t do the same to the vulture?

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

OH MY GOD SONY! LET RAIMI DO HIS THING! HE KNOWS THE CHARACTER!

HE WANTS LIZARD!

WE WANT LIZARD!

JUST BUTT OUT!

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By drawme

He´s lame.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jamiracles
    @Nobody: Wow, someone who totally agrees with me
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By crimsonspider89

I think Sony was going to give him full reign till the boards lit up after the Vulturess leak. I think Sony is trying to save there ass. I think if they do Felicia she needs to be Black Cat and be  a contrast to Mary Jane. The Vulture would be good with Electro. I don't think the Vulture needs to be the main villain. Sam threw a fit last time when Sony wanted to bring Venom in with the horrible SM3. Just fire Sam and bring in a new one if he threatens to do it again.

Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda with Sony on this one. Raimi also wanted Sandman, and look how that turned out. 

"My daughter's sick, so it's okay for me to rob banks and kill people."
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kid_Zombie

GREAT, same thing happened to spider-man 3. Sam Raimi did not want venom in his movie and the studio MADE him put him in, and the result? Well spider-man 3 was the result. I thought the whole thing to Sam Raimi coming back was because they told him that they wont interfere with it and give him full creative control so spider man 3 doesnt happen again. Damn Sony they are starting to sound like FOX. I really hope marvel gets there properties back from FOX and Sony some day but I doubt it will happen.

@InnerVenom123 said:

Wont happen. Avengers and Hulk are under Marvel studios, and Spider-man is under SONY. Unless marvel buys the rights back to Spider-man this wont happen, and with a cash cow like spider-man, Sony will never give marvel back their character.
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @Kid_Zombie:  Even if the Vulturess makes an appearance? That would make SM3 look good.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DEGRAAF

i would rather it be on hold then come out and suck like the last one. So much for giving Rami more reign over the movie
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " @Kid_Zombie:  Even if the Vulturess makes an appearance? That would make SM3 look good. "
    How do you know? Could make it awesome. And remember the whole Vulturess thing is still a rumor, she might not even be in it. And even still Let him do his thing, he might do a sweet job with it even with a character of Vulturess. I am scared that they are gonna make him put a bad guy in that he dosent want again like what happened to venom in SM3. Sam Raimi is a old school fan of the comics and likes the classic bad guys. In spider-man 3 vultuer was writen as one of the badguys but he had to take him out so the studio could add Venom. 
    Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm okay with anyone... 
    But Moribus!
    I belive that Lizard is a logical choice due to being a cameo in 2 and 3. Vulture is also intitleed  because he was the original choice as the side villain instead of Venom (and seeing how they did Venom and choosing a terrible actor (Topher "girly" Grace), they should have put Vulture in it). Mysterio would be awesome played by Bruce Campbell. Make Electro and Shocker stronger, and it would be interesting. Kraven is a really good choice if you put in Lizard, Plus, they could put in Chameleon  as Kraven's half-brother sidekick. Black cat has to be put as a good guy, and Kingpin belongs to Fox. 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Please, just let this madness end. The movies are going down the toilet. If they do the 'Vultress' crap. I can tell you that I wont see this movie.

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @Kid_Zombie:  Sony had said nothing till what two weeks after the Vulturess rumor? Seems to say that the rumor was true. It would be horrible. That would be the end of Spider man for 10 years like Batman. That is my point and if Sam does horrible renditions of a character he does not like, he needs to stay away from Spidey. Majority of people have said they will not see it if they do the Vulturess crap and I guarantee the critics will rip him apart. I would rather have a SM3 than the Vulturess.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NightFang3

I would like to see the Vulture or the Lizard as the main villain.

DALLAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DALLAS

i think the vulture is a good villain for spider-man. it would be interesting to see him in a movie. just as long as they make him look good. but i'd like to see rhino, lizard, black cat, mysterio or electro as the villain. anyone of those would make it awesome. hopfully for black cat and mysterio. cross your fingers!
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By Dark Cell

Yeah the spiderman web of shadows vulture was prty cool

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Ha ha ha hae hae aha  hae HATERRRSSS... 

The Movie will be Awesome its SPider-Man... Common SON

dan1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dan1509
    @Dark Cell:
    With the proper mechanical wings? Cos that was amazing
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bruce Vain

Vulture could've definitely worked well on Spider-Man 3 if the studio hadn't had pushed him to use Venom. But Vulture by himself I don't know about that. Maybe if it was him and Electro that would probably be better. Or if they wanted to throw in a 3rd baddie. Either Rhino or Scorpion as the muscle. But if they want to do just a single villain it should be Mysterio or Hobgoblin. I never get tired of the goblins personally.
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MrCipher

I am getting Tim Burton Batman flashbacks with word of the Vulture as Raimi's pick. He has decided on the most gawky, awkward and "douchey" (not a word, I know) villain in the Spider-Man rogue's gallery. He seems intent on making the films as geek-infested as possible with weird character development  and just plain ugly, dorky actors. 

After watching the last one I said to my freinds that the only redemption would be to bring in Kraven and Lizard (with the possibility of Vemon/Carnage lurking in the shadows for the next sequel since there ar SO many die-hard symbiote fans.) for some vicious, savage action. Bring the relationship between Doc Connors and Peter to the front. Kraven hunting the Lizard would make for a good moral/ethical quandry for Spidey/Peter too. 

This whole Vultre/Vultress vs. FOTM villain argument is just plain stupid (but if course thats my humble opinion. I don't get paid the big bucks to screw up perfectly good movies)!
    toxin0319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By toxin0319

i dont know but i think it would be cool to see the rhino or its a long shot but carnage would be baddass too and electro is pretty cool to
    toxin0319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By toxin0319

like the robotic one would be cool just not some little guy in it

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Sparda

Spider-Man 1 and 2 were awesome movies and Raimi is a badass director. SM3 wasn't great but it wasn't the goddamn antichrist of movies like people are making it out to be. I personally want to see a SM4.....even with all these Vulturess rumours. I really don't think (and hope) that's not going to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.