Spider-Man 3 Soundtrack

#1 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel have put up the soundtrack to their latest little indy movie. Obviously the film itself will probably only be seen by a handful of people, so I urge you to check out the soundtrack in the hope that they can break even.

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.1027

I like Snow Patrol's video, it's quite a change on the usual splicing of clips with shots of the band looking earnest.

#2 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm gonna probably pick it up on my way home today. They had a deluxe vesion you could get online. It was like $45! It comes in a rubber costume case and has a book or something like that. Oh and it has the Flaming Lips doing a cover of the Spider-Man song. I like the Ramones version they did in the 90s.

Staff
#3 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#4 Posted by Raif (360 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really like Snow Patrol

#5 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, they're good. I like the Killers and Jet too. Interesting that Wolfmother is also on the soundtrack. Kinda a mixed selection. And Chubby Checker?!? I'm kinda scared about how that could be used in the movie. I know the first soundtrack (which I regreted buying) had songs "inspired" by the movie, meaning they weren't in it. I don't remember the soundtrack from 2. Somedays I just crave getting a new cd. I'm waiting for the new Linkin Park (May 15). They've been okay in the past. I do like their new song. I like to mix up what I'm listening to from time to time.

Staff
#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack, it introduced me to Dashboard Confessional. Jet (I think) are the only band on 2 and 3. Killers are awesome, I've listened to a bit of their track on the album. I'll probably buy it on Friday. I don't buy albums often myself, but if I really like a band, I'll dust of the old money belt and hand over my hard earned farthings.

#7 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"... but if I really like a band, I'll dust of the old money belt and hand over my hard earned farthings."

I'm the same way but maybe more extreme. If I find a band I really like, I try to track down anything by them I can. I got all the Killers B-sides and remixes. Same with Muse, I got all their import cds and eps. It's a bummer that if you check out the UK version of iTunes (you can change the country on the homepage) you can see the "extra" songs that are offered on the singles. Problem is, you can' buy from another country. I don't get that. Why make it possible to see. Are they teasing us? I have other issues with iTunes. They're just the biggest game in town.

Staff
#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

That used to be a problem when I put cds on my computer. It would think it was the US version and some of the songs would have the wrong name, I think it knows now. I know my U2 cds have songs you don't (I think Fast Cars is one of the bests songs on How To..). Still you get films before we do (except the big ones like Spider-Man 3), though the situation has improved. When I was in Canada back in 97 I rented movies that were at the cinema here (thank you internet piracy for forcing them to rectify that).

The scary, Big Brother style warnings at the cinema would probably like me to point out that piracy is illegal, jeopardises future film production and funds terrorism. Don't do it.

#9 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

This soundtrack looks really good. I've liked the other 2 so hopefully I won't be disappointed. That collectible edition looks pretty cool. I may have to invest in it.

#10 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"That used to be a problem when I put cds on my computer. It would think it was the US version and some of the songs would have the wrong name, I think it knows now. I know my U2 cds have songs you don't (I think Fast Cars is one of the bests songs on How To..). Still you get films before we do (except the big ones like Spider-Man 3), though the situation has improved. When I was in Canada back in 97 I rented movies that were at the cinema here (thank you internet piracy for forcing them to rectify that).The scary, Big Brother style warnings at the cinema would probably like me to point out that piracy is illegal, jeopardises future film production and funds terrorism. Don't do it."

I got a deluxe version of "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" for G-Lady and it had "Fast Cars." It also had a booklet and dvd. I think I even have a remix or acoustic version of that song.

I picked up the cd. Listened to some of it. Maybe I'll blog about it later and "review" it.

Staff
#11 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I reviewed it in my blog.

Staff
#12 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so proud that Wolfmother and Jet made it on. Making Australia proud! Oh yeah, I'm so getting the soundtrack. Soundtracks are just awesome altogether.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.