Spider-Man 3 don't seem to use a crusial word.

#1 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever realised from the trailers, interviews, and outakes the cast and the people working on the project don't seem to use the word 'symbiote'?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... i'll wait to see the actual movie to see how they deal with Venom...

confused me for a second then, you mean crucial word :)

M

#3 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they use the word because... It's not a symbiote in the movie. I think in the movie they just make it a substance, a chemical, or something of that sort. Alien life form, i think...

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... be interesting if they use an alien life form when they said it would be too hard to use an alien life form for the proper phoenix...

M

#5 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll have to wait and see I guess. I'm 99% sure it's extra terrestrial in origin. Remember that many people don't know what a symbiote is, so using it would just confuse people.

#6 Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they'll go the route of the 90s cartoon and have John Jameson bring it back on some moon rock samples or something. Why else introduce him as MJ's love interest in #2?

Staff
#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with G-man.

#8 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I think they'll go the route of the 90s cartoon and have John Jameson bring it back on some moon rock samples or something. Why else introduce him as MJ's love interest in #2?"

I think that is a very good point.

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"hmmm... be interesting if they use an alien life form when they said it would be too hard to use an alien life form for the proper phoenix...M"

The phoenix was a cosmic entity and pretty much embodiment of life itself. That'd be a little harder to pass off than alien goo. Woulda liked to seem them try though.

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i would have loved to see X-men 3 with the 'phoenix' in...

we were hinted at it at the end of X2, but alas we just got X3 (spit) instead...

it would have been sooo cool to have the phoenix from the comics in X3... would have made such a better movie

M

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

They could do the Ultimate Spider-Man way and not have it be and alien symbiote but a suit designed for curing cancer or something.

#13 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet it's really all to do with lawsuits.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.