Spider-Man 2099 in The New 52 DC Universe

#1 Posted by 2099Rebirth (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the reveal of the appearance of Spider-Man 2099 in the upcoming Superior Spider-Man comic and the last issue of the arc showing a cover of Miguel looking as if he was being erased from existence, what if instead, he was sent to another universe and that universe was the universe of the New 52 of DC.

Now it depends on what Earth Miguel would be placed into, Earth-0 or Earth-2, would he be placed onto a team or would he go solo.

Solo ongoing series?

What villains would he face?

Where would he live?

Love-Interests? New Character or DC Character?

New Enemies?

#2 Posted by JasonHawke (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait.... DC?

#3 Posted by Dayvid3 (857 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Marvel makes more sense :)

Did he and the real spidey ever meet? It'd be kinda cool to see them team up (at least occasionally), once peter gets his body back. Or would that seem redundant since they have similar powers? I need to go reread 2099. haven't seen it since it came out, but people keep going on about spidey 2099, must have been better than i remebered

#4 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

Yes Marvel makes more sense :)

Did he and the real spidey ever meet? It'd be kinda cool to see them team up (at least occasionally), once peter gets his body back. Or would that seem redundant since they have similar powers? I need to go reread 2099. haven't seen it since it came out, but people keep going on about spidey 2099, must have been better than i remebered

yeah Peter and Miguel have met before

#5 Posted by 8008S (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno, switching him to DC would be a bit too much IMO. You throw him out of his time and his multiverse?

#6 Posted by 2099Rebirth (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Peter and Miguel, but Not Ock and Miguel as seen in this cover,above.

I predict that Miguel will feel that something is wrong in the timestream and try to fix the problem.

#7 Posted by 2099Rebirth (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@8008s: Well since 2099 isn't be used, he is going to fight with Superior and this may be the end for him, why not send him somewhere that won't be ignored, we can't send him to the ultimate universe since that's going to end.

#8 Posted by 8008S (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@2099rebirth: Fair enough. Is Ult. universe really going to end though?

#9 Edited by 2099Rebirth (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@8008s: Read the article about Cataclysm and SDCC News about the Ultimate Marvel Universe. Because a teaser image was shown of Spider-Man in his amazing costume a while back, and that's not Peter in the costume. It's Miles.

#10 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35016 posts) - - Show Bio

@8008s said:

Dunno, switching him to DC would be a bit too much IMO. You throw him out of his time and his multiverse?

Not if he was in the Beyond universe

#11 Posted by Darklexeus (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's be honest here, no. Let Spider-Man 2099 stay in and with Marvel, he doesn't suit DC and would likely get an armored suit or something rather stupid if he was put into the New 52 continuity.

#12 Edited by Waveslasher (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3: he means its a what if type of thing. In reality he's appearing in superior Spider-Man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.