Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-man 2 vs Ultimate Spider-man: Which was the better game?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Poll Spider-man 2 vs Ultimate Spider-man: Which was the better game? (13 votes)

Spider-man 2 38%
    Ultimate Spider-man 62%
     • 
    Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I thought Spider-Man 2 was good, but the graphics and the side-missions were bad, as was the story. I found Ultimate Spider-Man to be a wholly improved version of SM2 (and you can play as Venom! VENOM!!!!) although I wasn't a fan of the required city events to unlock stuff.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They're basically polar opposites of each other. The appeal of Spider-Man 2 lied in it's web swinging mechanics and free roam. Just going from point A to point B was often the highlight of every mission. The missions themselves were lackluster.

The web swing mechanics in Ultimate Spider-Man, by comparison, were very standard, travel could often be very boring and slow, however the story was like a really, really good fan fiction, the combat was tight, and the missions were super enjoyable.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 2.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@nickzambuto I disagree, I thought the missions in SM2 were actually pretty good. The Mysterio storyline was also gold.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@symbioticspider-man: Look look.......USM has the best world i have seen in a video game.....it's 111 issues of Bendis Bagley in a disk.....Spider-Man 2 is a better game overall.....thus i like USM better.

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Spider-Man.

Krishh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USM

Avatar image for hnvhuiysndrviru
    hnvhuiysndrviru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hnvhuiysndrviru

I personally recall liking Spider-Man 2 a bit more as a lad. Combat felt crunchier, less missions annoyed me, and the web-swinging was a bit better. Pretty subjective though. I think USM has aged much better though. The comic look of the game does wonders for how it feels to explore the game, gives it its own unique vibe that is wholly its own and still looks solid today. The more "realistic" Spider-Man 2's world has aged poorly as it's been done far better since (which isn't really its fault, its an older game on older consoles, but still).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.