Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

traveling speed of spidey's web catridges shooting pellets or fluid ?

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pastepotpete1

how fast does the fluid travel ..he can web fast enough to catch a baby or bystander from falling in mid air that i know .. does anyone know if his fluid or pellets travel faster than a bullets? im guessing they are a bit slower than your average bullet ..sorry i did a search and all i got was how his web shooters work in cordinator with his fingers

does it matter if he is shooting his webbing in a download spiral does that make it go faster ?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MasterKungFu

obviously he can shoot it fast enough to block the barrell but that is more of body reflex ..he can web fast enough to catch a baby from falling in mid air that i know .. does anyone know if his fluid travels faster than a bullets? sorry i did a search and all i got was how his web shooters work in cordinator with his fingers

does it matter if he is shooting his webbing in a download spiral does that make it go faster ?

that depends on the medium it travels through

download spiral?

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete said:

obviously he can shoot it fast enough to block the barrell but that is more of body reflex ..he can web fast enough to catch a baby from falling in mid air that i know .. does anyone know if his fluid travels faster than a bullets? sorry i did a search and all i got was how his web shooters work in cordinator with his fingers

that depends on the medium it travels through

download spiral?

well spidermans achilles heel is to be lured into a distance firing match with guys like the punisher being that punisher . punisher blew out both is web shooters with mercy bullets ...his webbing is meant for webbing the guns of the criminals before they can even think of opening firing and meant for not harming .. safe and snog.. but at the same time putting himself at major risk but i guess its pretty lack luster when figthing a long ranged opponent like punisher who really knows what he is doing but its good for short ranged opponents like using the webbing to hold them and thus smash their face in

the question is would he be better 60-70 percent of the time if he used guns and the funny thing about is flash agent vemon uses guns when he doesnt really even need to use guns because the symbiote makes him bullet proof

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@pastepotpete: well guns aren't spiderman's thing and it depends on the type of gun. some bullets can travel around or more than the speed of sound which seems quite out of reach of spiderman's web shooters.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete: well guns aren't spiderman's thing and it depends on the type of gun. some bullets can travel around or more than the speed of sound which seems quite out of reach of spiderman's web shooters.

his web shooters can do a large variety of things but if he lost all his powers and 3 joe smoes robbed a liquor store i dont think he could put them down with his 90 pound frame and just web pellets maybe he could take down one ..i gues that is why not none of his villians are even the least interested in how peter makes his own webbing or how to make your own web shooters but they are very interested in his spider dna that is because unless you have spider agility the webbing is not really a genius battle weapon its genius for someone with spider agility who can actually use it

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete: It once managed to catch speed demon when he was moving at his top speeds (speed demon can run at super sonic speeds) and recently it caught up to an RPG after it was fired:

No Caption Provided

Its caught up to missiles on other occasions.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
    deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: didn't someone use webs to block bullets after they were fired? Idk if it was pete or ben, figured you would know

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: didn't someone use webs to block bullets after they were fired? Idk if it was pete or ben, figured you would know

You might be thinking of this

Interpret it how you may.
    Interpret it how you may.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
    deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: for some reason I'm picturing a more clear cut bullet time feat. But maybe that is the one I saw. Thanks for the scan

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spider-Man's best travel speed feat is traveling multiple city blocks in a few heart beats

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.