Speech Bubbles on ASM 700 Cover

#1 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but there are three speech bubbles on the regular cover of Amazing Spiderman 700... There is one right at the top, just above the 'N', that says "Why didn't I kill you?".... There is another one on the bottom right hand corner, but it's covered up by the price sign thingie, so you can't really read it, the only readable word is "More". The most fascinating one of all though, is near the bottom lefthand corner. It's written in almost illegibly small font, and in french, so it's not really supposed to be noticed that much, I guess... It says "L'essentiel n'est pas de gagner ou de perdre, mais de comprendre le veritable...", which translates to "What's Essentiel is not to win or lose, but to understand what is real..." What do you guys think it means??? Does it mean anything at all? Or is it maybe a hint about what is to come??

#2 Posted by Loki2u (224 posts) - - Show Bio

great observation! Very cool! I wonder what it means? There is always a reason for things like that I like to think.

#3 Posted by jckaiser5 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

The second one is "one more mr Garcin"

#4 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@jckaiser5 said:

The second one is "one more mr Garcin"

Oh!!!!!! He did the cover art for it!!!

#5 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed the last speech bubble you mentioned but I couldn't read it, but I wonder what they mean.

#6 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfamousFish said:

I noticed the last speech bubble you mentioned but I couldn't read it, but I wonder what they mean.

Ya!! I was thinking that it must sorta mean something, because they made it so hard to figure out, that it must mean...... something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe from now on, it'll be something like "What's important is not winning or losing, but how you deal with what you've got" instead of "With great power comes great responsibility"??????? I dunno, maybe...... Or it could just be there to make us feel better about Pete / good losing and Ock / Evil winning........... Or hinting that even though we're in a position where bad beat good, we can turn that bad into good by learning to live with it and deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!???????!?!?!?!?!

#7 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Earth616: Yep, maybe it will play out in the upcoming Superior run.

#8 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I think is about the issue, that is not about Doc Ock winning or Peter dying but about that the justice is still being served and now in a more efficient way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.