Spectacular Spider-man discussion thread.

#1 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the show has just started. And I'm watching it right now. Who else is?

#2 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I am...not.

#3 Posted by Alpha1 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not but is it good?

#4 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

It's okay. Not that great so far.

#5 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont like the art

#6 Posted by G-Man (33960 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be dvr'ing them and watching them later. Looks good to me. They're using some good voice actors too. I mean, how can you not want to see Robert Englund voice the Vulture? I think it's great that Spidey is back on television.

Staff
#7 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Starts twicthing MY FIRST PIN THREAD!!!! Lol, Anyway I like the story at how Electro got his powers so far.

#8 Posted by G-Man (33960 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pin this for a bit and see if there's any "action" here requiring it.

Staff
#9 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems pretty cool to me. I like how Gwen, Aunt May, Peter look like. (Not sure about Harry) I also like it how they went straight into the part where he is a loser to everyone lol.

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing_Spider-man says:

"I think it's great spidy is back on the air too. And why don't you like the art Appy? And I can't wait for Venom and the Lizard to show up."

i guess its that way to make the animation easier but there arent enough details

#11 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, for some characters. But I think it really works for how Gwen looks.

#12 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"It seems pretty cool to me. I like how Gwen, Aunt May, Peter look like. (Not sure about Harry) I also like it how they went straight into the part where he is a loser to everyone lol."

the buildings and stuff are ok but the faces are the worst part. just eyes, eyebrows, mouths and weird looking noses.

#13 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

And, I think I just spotted the Lizard origins.

#14 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I mean I think I just spotted what really turns him into a lizard. You know:

When Electro charged up his lizard forumla or whatever it's called?

#15 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"And, I think I just spotted the Lizard origins."

it took you that long???

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Nope, I mean I think I just spotted what really turns him into a lizard. You know: #Spoilers# When Electro charged up his lizard forumla or whatever it's called?"

if it wasnt that it would have been his continually taking the formula, but they do seem to want to make all his villains tie in with each other. kinda silly but i guess it makes it easier for the kids to follow :)

#17 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, or they are planning to have some sinister six action coming soon.

#18 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lizard will appear in the next episode. I just saw the commercial for it.

#19 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not on yet in the west coast. I will watch it for the sake of seeing how it does. I'm not too fond of the kiddy art though.

#20 Posted by Spiderling (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked in general, but i didn't like how there were no guns and I felt like they did too much in just those few episodes. Too many villains appearing at once, but I liked how there were lots of fights. My favorite part was what they did to Electro. His origin makes more sense than before and the containment suit makes him easier to hit instead of a being made of pure energy, and I liked Crispin Freeman being his voice. It was like watching Itachi get pissed and shot lighting. And I was surprised they made Liz Allen hispanic. I didn't see that one coming at all. It made the show look more real to me.

#21 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I was like "Who the hell is that?". But then I heard her full name, lol.

#22 Posted by Spiderling (31 posts) - - Show Bio

The eyes did get on my nerves too and I didn't believe MJ wasn't there either, but I'm sure she'll be by later. Probably when the decided how they want to get rid of Gwen Stacy then she'll show up.

#23 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I'm watching it right now, and I really can't stand the art. The eyes look so weird I couldn't stand it. I'm glad to see Gwen finally getting a shot at stardom... I bet they didn't put MJ in here because OMD was going to happen.

Oh and Robert Englund is exactly how I'd imagine Vulture's voice to be.
Post Edited:2008-03-08 13:35:35

#24 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they keep Gwen. I like MJ, but you always see her in spidy cartoons. I say keep Gwen.

#25 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, true. I do wish this series were a bid grown up, but hey, Beggers can't be chosers (That's the saying, right?). But, Honestly Harry annoy's me for some reason. Idk why, maybe later on he'll become cooler but not right now. I can't wait to see the Lizard in the next episode. I seriously think they are going to bring in the sinster six.
Post Edited:2008-03-08 13:41:06

#26 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too, Gwen needs some air time. Plus they can't kill her in this kind of cartoon so they'd have to do another "fall in a dimensional vortex" if they wanted to get rid of her.

#27 Posted by Spiderling (31 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Me too, Gwen needs some air time. Plus they can't kill her in this kind of cartoon so they'd have to do another "fall in a dimensional vortex" if they wanted to get rid of her."

Thats what i was talking about. I can't wait to see Kingpin and Sandman, this is going to be the first cartoon I get to see him in. He wasn't in the 90s one

#28 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

So Electro is that repair dude that got electrocuted in the beginning?

#29 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"So Electro is that repair dude that got electrocuted in the beginning?"

Yes.

#30 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

What a loser, he caused himself to turn into Electro and he blames it on Conner.

#31 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"What a loser, he caused himself to turn into Electro and he blames it on Conner."

Heh, well, that's Max Dillion for you.

#32 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the second episode just finished... dunno if I'm going to keep watching this but it's cool that young fans will get exposed to Gwen Stacy.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"What a loser, he caused himself to turn into Electro and he blames it on Conner."

Cut the guy some slack. Everyone likes to blame other people for their problems and his was a major problem. Besides, I bet he suffered some brain damage.

I didn't like the theme song or Peter's nose, but I didn't think it was bad.

#34 Posted by Spiderling (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"zero edge says:
"So Electro is that repair dude that got electrocuted in the beginning?"

Yes."

I think it was a little bit more complicated than that. I mean you sure really read how the comic version got his powers, that was lame.

#35 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched it and it was ok. I'm not loving the art, was hoping for closer to the Batman, but its not terrible. Action is pretty good though.

#36 Posted by Drizzt (584 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched both of them and thought it was good. Not as good as the 90s run I think, but promising at least. Eddie Brock was a twist I didn't see coming, and I am glad that Gwen is there. Can't wait to see what they do with her.

#37 Posted by bdog (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I saw it this morning I liked it

#38 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good two shows. My only issues is like Apparition stated, the animation is crappy. I hated it, although it's not bad so far. Aside from a few color changes, and character origins, it's still well done. I like it and I'm excited about the next episode.

#39 Posted by Drizzt (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Gives me another reason to get up on saturday mornings.

#40 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved both episodes. Robert Englund as the Vulture was pretty cool and I liked the "new" origin of Electro. Can't wait for the Lizard and Venom. :)

#41 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here. I'm looking forward to seeing the Lizard.

#42 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. This is the first time in a long time I actually woke up for a saturday morning cartoon.

#43 Posted by DEADPOOL (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this show so far!

#44 Posted by bdog (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Same with me, and the theme song rocks

#45 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked how they are taking it more with Gwen than MJ

also

Who is Liz and where does she fall into the comics

#46 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Liz is more of those high school character you see more when pete was young. As pete got older she started to show up less and less.

#48 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

SHe pretty much disappeared after Harry died.

#49 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, and then reappeared in that feral storyline. Then left again.

#50 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw the first two episodes just want to know wht they made spidey so skinny

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.