Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Sony's ASM: Spider-Woman

Avatar image for innovationincarnate
    InnovationIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Go here to the main article if you want more info on what I'm doing.

My casting choices for Spider-Woman if Sony decided to make this film.

Cast:

• Karen Gillan: Mattie Franklin/Spider-Woman
    • Jennifer Conelly: Marla Madison
    • Hayley Kiyoko: Cheryl Lansing
    • Katee Sackhoff: Angelina Brancale/Stunner
    1. Amazing Spider-Woman: After being saved by her idol, Spider-Man, Mattie Franklin begins to acquire his abilities. At first, she is confused, but eventually discovers that physical contact with the hero's DNA somehow activated a latent ability within her body. Inspired by the selfless exploits of Spider-Man, Mattie comes to grips with her powers, patterning her superhero identity after his to become the world's first Spider-Woman. And just in time, too, as she'll soon receive a brutal lesson in the folly of hero worship in a bout with her first super-powered adversary: the unbalanced Paper Doll, a papyrokinetic psychopath hopelessly in love with Spider-Man. She'll resort to any measure necessary to prove her affections genuine, even if that means killing Mattie's adoptive father, J. Jonah Jameson, a persistent obstacle for her lover.
    2. Spider-Woman: Mattie Franklin, a self-professed Spider-Man fan and an avid follower of his activities. She gains a similar, yet enhanced set of abilities to Spider-Man, and, inspired by the web-slinging hero's acts of selfless heroism, bases her superhero identity off of his and becomes Spider-Woman.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Wound have been nice if you'd listed these in the order you posted the pictures.

Avatar image for innovationincarnate
    InnovationIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares:

Right, I'll fix it right away. Thanks for the tip. I can see how it'd be more convenient :)

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there still might be a little bit of a fight over whither Spider-Woman's rights will be going to Sony, or Marvel films. Personally I think Sony would be better off focusing on Black Cat anyways.

knightrangert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The picture you have posted isn't Mattie Franklin Spider Woman, that's the Clone Jessica Drew who is now Ultimate Black Widow (for some reason) and used to be Ultimate Spider Woman.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By kcomicfan

Did Sony have the licence for Spider-Woman?. In my opinion a Spider-Woman movie about Mattie Franklin/Spider-Woman would not be interesting...at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-59847e5816856
    deactivated-59847e5816856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Sony have the licence for Spider-Woman?. In my opinion a Spider-Woman movie about Mattie Franklin/Spider-Woman would not be interesting...at all.

I fully agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.