Sony Announces 2 more Amazing Spider-man Movies

#1 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3077 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is surprising.

CULVER CITY, Calif., June 17, 2013 –

With Sony Pictures Entertainment now in production in New York on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, slated for release on May 2, 2014, the studio is planting its flag on two future release dates for one of the most successful franchises in studio history, it was announced today by Jeff Blake, Chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures. The next two films in the story of Peter Parker will be released on

June 10, 2016

, and on

May 4, 2018

, respectively.

Commenting on the announcement, Blake said, “Spider-Man is our most important, most successful, and most beloved franchise, so we’re thrilled that we are in a position to lock in these prime release dates over the next five years.”

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers. The executive producers are E. Bennett Walsh, Stan Lee, Alex Kurtzman, and Roberto Orci.

The Amazing Spider-Man took in over $750 million at the worldwide box office last year.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=81740#VQZWwwJ5miuDHKKG.99

#2 Posted by Birthright (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God is not another trilogy. I'm tired of everything being a trilogy these days.

I definitely see the Sinister Six in the future

#3 Posted by Oscars94 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

These movies are based off of the Ultimate Series I believe. I heard that some villains will be introduced in each movies to then later be shown as the Sinister Six. So, I assume the Lizard will be back along with Electro, Rhino , Vulture ,Green Goblin and one other character.

#4 Posted by GeekBait (776 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling the 2nd movie will end with a sort of cliffhanger leading up to the Sinister Six appearing in the 3rd. Possibly Norman becoming Green Goblin and Gwen's death. For the 4th movie I hope they do Venom and just have Venom as the only villain. I personally think there should be at least 5 or 6 movies in this series.

#5 Posted by consolemaster001 (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, i'll be 20 when 4 comes out O-O

#6 Posted by SheenLantern (6140 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

Gwen's death.

As if anyone didn't know that happened.

#7 Posted by GeekBait (776 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Darkseid011 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Damit, the first one was bad enough this is really gonna be bad.hopefully they'll have a reboot in a few years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.