Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

So how long will Peter Parker keep his scientist job?

bluetorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By bluetorch

Given his intelligence ans college experience, Peter Parker should have been a scientist for years by now.  But since he's a comic book character, you know things will eventually return to status quo.  So how long will Peter be a scientist?  Do you think things will eventually reset and we'll see him as a photographer once again?  Should a classic character be able to grow professionally?

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zombietag
    @Bluetorch: i dont think we have to expect things to return to status quo necessarily. he doesnt have to be a photographer. i think thats something all publishers and fans alike need to realize is that characters should be able to move on from different points and that this can be done without necessarily breaking otu of character. real people do it all the time. it seems to happen in the romance part of the stories more than with things like jobs. i think he could keep this job for a while. 

on the other hand, the reason i think he'll get fired eventually is because 1) its just going to be a crazy story that can stir up emotions easily and 2) he's already setting himself up for getting found out. he's making suits with the company's money and keeping them secret (which was specifically addressed by his boss, NOT to have secret projects). eventually someones going to walk in or figure it out. and then theres the "secret" other scientist working there who is sure to bring trouble to parker at some point in the future.
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Hazlenaut

Maybe he make robot spider for a pet. He needs to show how high his intelligence is.    
    Nessima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nessima

I will like his new job i hope he sticks with it for a while

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Icon
    @Bluetorch said:
    " Given his intelligence ans college experience, Peter Parker should have been a scientist for years by now.  But since he's a comic book character, you know things will eventually return to status quo.  So how long will Peter be a scientist?  Do you think things will eventually reset and we'll see him as a photographer once again?  Should a classic character be able to grow professionally? "
    I think he should be able to grow professionally. And I agree, this should have happened a long time ago. It's about time he grew up. 

If people don't want to read about that they can always read Ultimate Spidey instead since he's stuck in his teens in that series and not going anywhere. 
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102
    @Hazlenaut said:
    " Maybe he make robot spider for a pet. He needs to show how high his intelligence is.     "
    That would be a cool side-kick idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.