Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

So far critics agree the Amazing Spiderman is about average

• 60 results
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By joshmightbe

@The Stegman: I will agree with that, the kid was funny when he needed to be and the movie did a better job of showing off the Parker luck than any of the originals. I liked the originals but this guy felt a lot more like Peter Parker than Toby did.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

For what the movie was it couldn't have been much better. We just had his origin told in film pretty recently. Obviously that's what everyone is comparing it to. You can't tell his origin twice and the expect to surprised the second time..especially if you read comics.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#53  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It's far better than the last three by a HUGE margin 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By joshmightbe

I went in not expecting to like this but it proved me wrong

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By xybernauts

SPOILERS @ltbrd Not sure if your referring to my comment, but if you were I'd like to say that the problem with the subplot is it starts off with the flashback where we see Young Peter and his parents. We see him get dropped off at His uncle and aunts house and he sees his parents for the last time. We race to the future where he finds some of his fathers old research. Ben tells him about how Kurt Conners was close to his father. Peter goes to OsCorp to talk to Conners and meets Connor, but then it's like he completely forgets that he wants to learn about his parents. Your right, it's great that it includes this new unexplored subplot regarding Peter Parker's life before Spiderman, but it fails to finish the story. The movie started as a quest for Peter to find where he came from, but we never see complete that quest. it's implied that the accident wasn't an accident, but from there everything gets left up in the air. It's like Superman Returns which had this subplot that implies that Superman has a son with Lois. Maybe it's his son or maybe he was meant to be General Zods son, or maybe it's part of some other freaky plot that they were developing, we don't know cause they never brought the movies subplot to a sufficient conclusion. They just assumed they would get a sequel, but guess what, they didn't! Perhaps if they had actually brought that portion of the plot to a more satisfying conclusion the movie would have done better (I doubt it, but maybe) and they would have gotten that sequel. And guess what, everyone also loved that movie when it first came out. It got a 76% on Rotten Tomatoes too, but ultimately despite all the initial hype the movie simply didn't withstand the test of time because it's plot was incomplete amongst other things. So say what you will about this movie, but to me it was poorly written and all the love it's getting is just hype that will eventually die down. You shouldn't have to wait until the sequel for a decent conclusion to the subplot and no the subplot never reached a decent conclusion because the original plot was drowned out by the rehashing of the Spiderman origin story. The two plots should have worked in harmony with one another as opposed to one plot drowning out the other, which is what happened in this film.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#56  Edited By TDK_1997

I still haven't seen it but I never listen to others' point a view about some movie.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By KainScion

@TDK_1997 said:

I still haven't seen it but I never listen to others' point a view about some movie.

this here is the ultimate truth.

fojtikbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58  Edited By fojtikbt

I think it was a fantastic movie. I think it wasn't received so well because it was in between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. It had too much competition. I believe that if it would have been released fall 2012 it would have been received much better because it wouldn't have had any other major superhero movies to contend with.

GTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GTG

the movie came out way to soon to be enjoyable for me. was not bad but was like watching spiderman 1 with a different dark setting. I did not care if spiderman lived or died in this one

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ratman19

it was good but it didnt stay as close to the comics as i thought it would.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.