So, about that blood transfusion that Peter once gave...

#1 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

...to Aunt May, in ASM 31.

Let me be more specific. So, in ASM 31, it was revealed that Petey had donated blood to her aunt. Funnily enough, though...it had NEVER happened in any previous issue. I`d think. I haven`t read ish 20. Maybe it happened in that one. Which I really doubt. especially, `cause Stan Lee himself implies it on the same page. SO, my question is, has this transfusion been shown in any issue of Untold tales of Spider-man? Or any other story set in to Spideys early career?

#2 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah....... That's like, the most skilled observation ever........... I have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S :S

#3 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Earth616:

Thanks. = )

Oh, too bad...

#4 Posted by PunyParker (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Honestly,when i read the title i was like...."Yeah....what about it?!"....i couldnt help it!

#5 Posted by RogueJuggernaut (92 posts) - - Show Bio

It was something was it not.

#6 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker:

Yeah, I kinda did it on purpose. = )

@RogueJuggernaut:

I guess...( = I

#7 Posted by mewmdude77 (991 posts) - - Show Bio

It happened in Amazing Spider-Man #10. Aunt May was in the hospital, and in need of a transfusion.

http://comiclists.wordpress.com/tag/aunt-may/

#8 Posted by NewComicGuy (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this an implication of something you think could lead to Peter coming back or just a random observation? Either way, very impressive!

#9 Posted by tupiaz (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Has this ever effected Aunt May?

#10 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God Marvel didn't pull af she-hulk think with May getting powers from the blood. The Amazing Spider-May!

#11 Posted by drgnx (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666 said:

Thank God Marvel didn't pull af she-hulk think with May getting powers from the blood. The Amazing Spider-May!

It would take the fun out of "Aunt May solos!"

#12 Posted by tupiaz (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666 said:

It could also have effected her negatively. I mean didn't Aunt May get cancer at some point because she lived with Peter. Shouldn't she then had died because of the blood and how could MJ live with Peter for so many years without getting cancer?

#13 Edited by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@pulseangel666 said:

It could also have effected her negatively. I mean didn't Aunt May get cancer at some point because she lived with Peter. Shouldn't she then had died because of the blood and how could MJ live with Peter for so many years without getting cancer?

As far as I remember Marvel did make a mini-series where MJ died from getting cancer through sex and what not with Peter through the years. Yep here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Reign

#14 Posted by mewmdude77 (991 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

As far as I know, the only thing that it did was that it made it so Peter couldn't give her a succesfull transfusion during Back in Black. He tried to, but learned that it had failed to bring her health up at all.

#15 Posted by AmazingWebHead (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the guys at MARVEL just couldn't find an interesting story to use it in.

#16 Posted by Teerack (4554 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Aunt!

#17 Posted by PaperDemon (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666 said:

@tupiaz said:

@pulseangel666 said:

As far as I remember Marvel did make a mini-series where MJ died from getting cancer through sex and what not with Peter through the years. Yep here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Reign

Ew. She died from his body fluids. SPIDERMAN IS FOR CHILDREN TOO!

#18 Posted by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@pulseangel666 said:

#19 Posted by consolemaster001 (4493 posts) - - Show Bio

Mj once died of radioactive sperm lol

#20 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

It happened in Amazing Spider-Man #10. Aunt May was in the hospital, and in need of a transfusion.

http://comiclists.wordpress.com/tag/aunt-may/

Thanks! I have the story, but I forgot about the whole scene.

@mewmdude77 said:

@tupiaz said:

As far as I know, the only thing that it did was that it made it so Peter couldn't give her a succesfull transfusion during Back in Black. He tried to, but learned that it had failed to bring her health up at all.

@AmazingWebHead said:

Maybe the guys at MARVEL just couldn't find an interesting story to use it in.

In issues 31-33 (of the first series) Aunt May was dying because of the transfusion. Peter, Doc Curt Connors and a few members of a staff at a hospital in New York worked it out. The whole sagas thought as one of the most classic Spidey-stories.

Also, I didn`t know about that Back in black-thing (`cause I haven`t read it). Cool.

@NewComicGuy said:

Is this an implication of something you think could lead to Peter coming back or just a random observation? Either way, very impressive!

Thank you.

It`s a random observation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.