Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Sinister Six Movie and Beyond theories

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

As most of you probably know, Sony is planning on doing a Sinister Six movie that will lead into ASM3 which takes place in 2018 I believe. The last two movies have been teasing the six a lot, and at the same time

There are a lot of unresolved plots that need to be covered. The mystery of Uncle Ben's Killer, the mysterious man who visited Connors and Harry, whether or not Norman Osborn is really dead, the aftermath of Gwen's death, the introduction of MJ, whether or not Felicia ends up becoming Black Cat and if the rumors are true the female led Spider-Woman movie, the rumored Venom movie and the possible introduction of Carnage. There was also a deleted scene where Peter's dad is revealed to be actually alive!

Several thoughts came to mind on how they can tie some of these plots together.

Since Uncle Ben's killer is still on the loose, he may end up becoming one of the Sinister Six, maybe Scorpion? I know he has ties with Jameson, but it doesn't seem to be the direction they're going with. The killer is revealed to be named Mac Gargan, a petty crook who has been in hiding knowing that Spider-Man has been asking around about him (in ASM1). Oscorp may somehow capture Gargan, and knowing the fact that he killed Peter's uncle, the Green Goblin may want to use this to torture Peter. and turns the guy who caused him so much pain into a species that can kill a spider, the Scorpion.

Doc Ock, Rhino and Vulture are basically confirmed, so is Kraven based on the hidden end credits. So now we have Uncle Ben's Killer, Ock, Rhino, Vulture, the mysterious man who visited Harry (possibly Mysterio or Chameleon), and of course Goblin.

Thinking about it more, I think that the mysterious guy is actually the same guy who tried to assassinate the Parkers. I know it's far fetched given the plane crash, but since they seemed to have planned Richard Parker's survival at some point, it isn't too far fetched that the assassin survived too. They may remove Richard's survival, and only the assassin managed to stay alive since we didn't see him actually die. They may reveal that he survived but his face was disfigured and so he becomes the faceless Chameleon, and he's using a disguise to visit Lizard and Harry in Prison. Also the mysterious guy seems to have ties to Oscorp, and since the assassin seemed to work for Osborn as well, it isn't too far fetched that he's one and the same. So now, Three members of the Sinister Six have killed someone dear to Peter; Goblin killed Gwen, Chameleon killed his parents and you have Uncle Ben's killer who may end up becoming Scorpion. This makes the battle with the Six more personal. Ock, Vulture and Rhino will be fodder, the guys who Spidey beats up to look strong before the emotional battles with the people who killed his loved ones. I believe those last three will be fodder for the following reasons:

- Since the original SM2 featured Doc Ock as the main villain with a critically acclaimed performance, I doubt they'll re-visit him again as a top tier villain, and let's face it, it's gonna be pretty hard to top Alfred Molina.

- Vulture has rarely been the type of villain who could carry his own story, he's just the guy who Spidey will have a visually strong aerial battle with. I know he's had his big stories here and there, but unless they plan on going with the idea that was told in some stories where he tries to absorb Spider-Man's life energy to keep himself young, something that I doubt will be explored in the movies, he'll be nothing more than old guy in a fancy looking bird suit

- Rhino has been portrayed as a Jobber since his inception (up until 2011's Gauntlet where he finally became a serious villain). And since he was the first to show up and based on Paul Giomatti's performance, I doubt he'll be more than comic relief and Spidey's punching bag.

And finally there's the wildcard Kraven who the director has stated he wants to use, and he was teased in the credits. Now, the Green Goblin may not be an official member of the SS, he's just the big bad who's pulling the strings behind the scenes, so the Six may be Scorpion, Chameleon, Ock, Vulture, Rhino and Kraven, with the latter being the most spotlighted villain of all of them. They may do a story where he turns on them because he believes that he's superior to them, and may give Spidey the key that allows him to overcome them. He may even try to manipulate Spidey into killing Chameleon or Scorpion to avenge his uncle and parents, in order to bring out his dark side. That way you have a set up for a Kraven's Last Hunt type story in the next ASM movie where Kraven is the main villain, and Peter's morality is put to the test. I mean let's face it, if you're going to use Kraven in a blockbuster movie, you might as well use the story that put him on the map as a top tier Spider-Villain as inspiration, anything less would be a missed opportunity.

As for MJ, she may simply be the damsel in distress who the villains try to use to lure Peter into a trap. Felicia will probably just help Spidey in his final battle with the Goblin (assuming she appears at all, I don't think she'll become Black Cat), it seems that using Norman Osborn as a main villain has been scrapped based on some of the deleted scenes

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

now hear me out, i know some people are going to call me a hater, but how can you get excited about a sinister six when all the members will be oscorp goons in suits with little to no backstory? as for the venom movie, didn't they say they canned it for now?

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Anjales_II

@i_dont_like_comics: I see your point, but isn't the reason a Sinister Six movie is made is to give these a guys proper screen time and backstories in order to establish them, something that they won't be afforded in the third Spider-Man movie? I think a 2 hour movie is enough to give 6 villains enough establishment, and then the following Spidey movie deals directly with the ensuing battle with the main character.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@anjales: 6 villains in 2 hours? not nearly enough time. and what are they supposed to do? will it be a sextaple origin movie? will spidey appear? will it be villains vs regular police? too many questions with really bad answers.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_dont_like_comics: Sure why not? Here's my guess. The movie starts off right after Spidey has just defeated Rhino who vows revenge. A brief backstory into who he is is enough establishment and we now know why he hates Spidey. There's one down. Then the rest of the movie will devoted to Osborn handpicking each member of the team and giving us insight into who each of them is. Specifically, they can focus a bit on Uncle Ben's killer and the Parker assassin, aka Scorpion and Chameleon respectively. And also you can give a spotlight on Kraven, have him stand out from the rest. The movie explores the dynamic between these guys and ends with them about to launch their attack on Spidey. No one can really blame you for being skeptical about this movie, as it is a risky idea, but if it follows an Ocean's 11 type vibe with a super-villain twist, it has potential to work. That's my guess at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.