Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17239 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Should Web Shooters be in the Spider-Man Reboot

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Now that the Spider-Man movies are being rebooted, do you think Spidey should wear his web shooters or should he keep the organic webbing.  In my opinion, I think Spidey should not have web shooters,because it would take to long to explain how he made them and  how they work  I  also don't want to hear"I'm out of webbing" line. What do you think, should our hero have web shooters or should he keep the organic webbing.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Could care less.

On the PRO webshooter side, its been said that Parker's a genius, so it'd be easy to make.

On the ANTI, its like.... he's a high school student. Come on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Keep the organic webbing.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spidey 15

I want to see the web shooters.....=]
    He doesn't run away b/che doesn't have web shooters...=]
    When he fought GG in one of their fights spidey run out of web but he was still chasing GG cause GG had hard time with him and he was the one who run away....
    Also there was an occasion where he fought Electro who was working for the sinister 6....spidey run out of web so he couldn't chase him when he run away....see? Spidey doesn't run away just b/c he doesn't have webs....he just can do much when their opponets run away....=]

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By growup

yes for webshooters, if they are explained the same way as in the ultimate spider-man origin

Avatar image for man_without_fear
    Man Without Fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Man Without Fear

Organic makes as little sense as web shooters.I just think the shooters should be in the movie because Spider-Man actually used those.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I like the organic shooters... the webshooters are just kind of weird... and makes him seem a little bit less cool.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By RedK

they both have their pros and cons, but i want them to be in the film just to show how smart he actually is, i don't think they ever show how smart he ever is in the last three films

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

The organic makes more sense, I mean think about it people like fantasy movies to seem more like real life (I know that's an oxymoron). The web shooters just don't seem possible.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Magian  Online

I prefer the organic.

Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Web Shooters could work if the movie was about him after he graduated from high school, but seeing  how it is about him in high school I think he  should keep the organic webbing.

Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey 15:
    You didn't  have to explain that. I  know Spidey doesn't run away when he is out of webbing. I think I was rushing    when I made this thread,but I really wanted to know what some of the people on Comic Vine think about web shooters in the new Spidey movie seeing how the Spider-Man movies are getting rebooted.  I knew I should have took my time with this thread.

P.S I fixed it., so the "Spidey running away,because he is out of webbing" comment has been deleted.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LT1085

Organic web shooters are the only way it could work.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Does he still use the web shooters in the comics or has that been retconned out in favor of the movie version?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By The_Martian
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " Does he still use the web shooters in the comics or has that been retconned out in favor of the movie version? "
    He had organic webbing for a few years, but he is now back to Web-Shooters.

IMO, I'd like to see Web-Shooters. We've seen the organic webbing, and it was a nice change of pace. But now lets see how the make Web-Shooters work. Not to mention web shooters are a great plot device for running out of webbing and its an easy way to show how intelligent Peter really is(something that the first series really lacked, along with humor).
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " Does he still use the web shooters in the comics or has that been retconned out in favor of the movie version? "
    He did gain organic shooters, but after OMD/BND he's now back to the Web Shooters.
    I want the Web Shooters in the movie, but only because it's a good way to show how smart Peter really is, plus it's fun to have him fighting a super-villain only to have his shooters run out, making Spidey have to use his big ol'brain to get him out of the situation and come out the winner ^_^
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17  Edited By The_Martian
    @Nobody said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    He had organic webbing for a few years, but he is now back to Web-Shooters.  IMO, I'd like to see Web-Shooters. We've seen the organic webbing, and it was a nice change of pace. But now lets see how the make Web-Shooters work. Not to mention web shooters are a great plot device for running out of webbing and its an easy way to show how intelligent Peter really is(something that the first series really lacked, along with humor). "
    @War Killer said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    He did gain organic shooters, but after OMD/BND he's now back to the Web Shooters. _____________________________________________________________________I want the Web Shooters in the movie, but only because it's a good way to show how smart Peter really is, plus it's fun to have him fighting a super-villain only to have his shooters run out, making Spidey have to use his big ol'brain to get him out of the situation and come out the winner ^_^ "
    Stop copying my post :P
    Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
    Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Man Without Fear said:
    "Organic makes as little sense as web shooters.I just think the shooters should be in the movie because Spider-Man actually used those. "

Same here!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nobody said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    He had organic webbing for a few years, but he is now back to Web-Shooters.  IMO, I'd like to see Web-Shooters. We've seen the organic webbing, and it was a nice change of pace. But now lets see how the make Web-Shooters work. Not to mention web shooters are a great plot device for running out of webbing and its an easy way to show how intelligent Peter really is(something that the first series really lacked, along with humor). "
    @War Killer said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    He did gain organic shooters, but after OMD/BND he's now back to the Web Shooters. _____________________________________________________________________I want the Web Shooters in the movie, but only because it's a good way to show how smart Peter really is, plus it's fun to have him fighting a super-villain only to have his shooters run out, making Spidey have to use his big ol'brain to get him out of the situation and come out the winner ^_^ "
    Stop copying my post :P "
    LMBO, I didn't even see your post xD I guess it's one of those "great minds think alike" moments :P
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Web shooters are worthless, in the comics and in the films.  Spider-Man rarely ran out of web fluid, despite him being a broke high school/college kid, making them quite worthless in the comics.  

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15
    @Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
    "

@spidey 15:
    You didn't  have to explain that. I  know Spidey doesn't run away when he is out of webbing. I think I was rushing    when I made this thread,but I really wanted to know what some of the people on Comic Vine think about web shooters in the new Spidey movie seeing how the Spider-Man movies are getting rebooted.  I knew I should have took my time with this thread.

P.S I fixed it., so the "Spidey running away,because he is out of webbing" comment has been deleted.

"
    Oh...ok...mistakes happen...=]
    @War Killer:
    @Nobody:
    You are both smart@$$es lol....XD
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64

No!keep organic

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thor's hammmer

absoulutley there importamt to the character
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Gambit1024

They could both work. I'd like to see the web shooters for a change though. 

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By AllNewOverseer

Personally I think he should keep organic webs, because they are more scientificly possible (a trait Marvel seems to be getting into), many of the old web-shooter problems CAN be carried over into the organic webs (i.e. Pete could use his webs faster then his body creates them, or his spinnerettes (sp?) could swell shut from over use), there is no real way a high school student even of Peter's level could create something government labs couldn't create with his fixed budget and the fact that the ingredients for web fluid can't be sold at your local drug store (see The Limits of Suspention of Disbelief), and there are plenty of other ways to show Peter is a science wiz-kid (the spider signal, his camera, and of course the ever popular Spider-Tracer). Stan Lee himself had once admited the only reason he created the idea of web-shooters was because he didn't think anyone would believe it possible for Spidey to shoot webs (see Spider-Man Tech from History Channel).

Although, to get that old web-shooter feeling, Peter could also invent shooter-bracelets to help him aim his webs.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.