Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Should The Black Widow become Spidey's crime fighting partner?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

Since The Black Widow is featured in Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth storyline, does anyone else feels that she should be one of his reoccuring crime fighting partner as a alternative to The Black Cat? I figured since The Black Cat has crossed over to Daredevil's world, I feel that an exchange for The Black Widow could be ideal since we rarely ever see Spider-Man and The Black Widow working together. I feel that she should have been one of his longstanding crime fighting partners. I like to see more team-up stories between them. Don't you agree?

BreZeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BreZeJ

What about Silver Sable? Outside of ASM, she's not in anything else. Black Widow is already featured in 3 different books (Secret Avengers, Avengers Assemble, and Winter Soldier). I think Silver Sable would be great since she already has some history with Spider-Man.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Besides the affinities to spiders in their names, I don't see why they should.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

@royale_with_cheese said:

Besides the affinities to spiders in their names, I don't see why they should.

I agree, they're completely different.

Avatar image for draketheslaughter
    DraketheSlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DraketheSlaughter

I want spidey with as many Female partner's as he can get why shouldn't he not team up with another Spider?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Widow actually needs to stand on her own two for once.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darthfury78

@BreZeJ said:

What about Silver Sable? Outside of ASM, she's not in anything else. Black Widow is already featured in 3 different books (Secret Avengers, Avengers Assemble, and Winter Soldier). I think Silver Sable would be great since she already has some history with Spider-Man.

Yeah. But this thread is about The Black Widow, who should have been one of Spider-Man's oldest serving crime fighting partners.

Here is an interesting link I found on Spider-Man and The Black Widow meeting for the first time:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It goes to show that The Black Widow was the first super heroine to take notice on Spider-Man.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

Nah Black Widow already gets annoyed by Spidey because she doesn't know him that well (and to be honest I never got the feeling she wants to make the effort too).

Silver Sable or Spider-woman (the only reason I say Spider-woman is because that scene during Dark Reign makes me laugh every-time I read it) are more feasible choices. As BreZeJ said Sable is probably best, she's in no series of her own, has quite a big past with SM and as we saw in the past couple of issues she respects him a lot.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92 said:

Nah Black Widow already gets annoyed by Spidey because she doesn't know him that well (and to be honest I never got the feeling she wants to make the effort too).

Silver Sable or Spider-woman (the only reason I say Spider-woman is because that scene during Dark Reign makes me laugh every-time I read it) are more feasible choices. As BreZeJ said Sable is probably best, she's in no series of her own, has quite a big past with SM and as we saw in the past couple of issues she respects him a lot.

I do agree that Spider-Woman and Silver Sable likes Spider-Man a lot. Probably as more than friends respectively. The only reason why I feel that The Black Widow could be an occasional crime fighting partner is because until now, Natasha has never seen the real side to Spider-Man's persona until recently. And She might have spent over the past three days with him (onboard Silver Sable's jet) and seeing a man who she now has a renewed respect for. I feel that once the Ends of the Earth storyline has concluded, The Black Widow might make a serious effort to have a mutual friendship with Spider-Man after seeing for herself that she was wrong about him. Spidey's jokes was probably the only thing that prevented The Black Widow from establishing a serious friendship with him. The Black Widow will soon realized that once she gets to know Peter Parker, she'll understand why Ms. Marvel and Silver Sable have nothing but positive things to say about him.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@darthfury78 said:

@BreZeJ said:

Yeah. But this thread is about The Black Widow, who should have been one of Spider-Man's oldest serving crime fighting partners.

Here is an interesting link I found on Spider-Man and The Black Widow meeting for the first time:

No Caption Provided

Unless i'm very much mistaken thats a piece of FanArt. I've got the Spider-man/Black Widow first meeting somewhere. She went to hunt him down (can't remember why now) but she retreated as soon as she realized Spider-man was a lot stronger, faster, etc.. than her.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92: Yep. That's a fan art. The one thing that is unfortunate was that Stan Lee never developed The Black Widow as Spider-Man's first heroine crime fighting partner in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man after their first meeting together. It's such a shame that The Black Widow would never appear again in Amazing Spider-Man, after issue #86 until recently. No one previous Spider-Writer has ever used The Black Widow or Spider-Woman into the pages of Amazing Spider-Man as a guest role as an alternate crime fighting partner to The Black Cat. And this was long before Silver Sable ever appeared in Amazing Spider-Man.

Here is a question that I asked Tom Brevoort regarding The Black Widow:

Now that ASM: Ends of the Earth is a success, would Marvel be willing to use The Black Widow and Spider-Man in future team-up stories in Avenging Spider-Man or a possible Black Widow mini series?

Tom Brevoort

I don't really think it has a lot of impact one way or the other. We've tried BLACK WIDOW projects and likely will again, but we've not yet found an approach that makes an ongoing book viable. And like any other character, she'll guest-star in the Spidey titles when there's an appropriate storyline, but fitting her in there isn't really a priority.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.