Should Miles Morales replace Peter in "The Amazing Spider-Man" film series?

Edited 8 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Should Miles Morales replace Peter in "The Amazing Spider-Man" film series? (43 votes)

Yes! 26%
No! 74%

So as we all know, Miles Morales is the new Spider-Man in the Ultimate series, and Otto Octavius is currently prancing around in Peter's body. Most of us don't want to see SpOck on the big screen, and a lot of others don't want to see Miles either. But what if at the end of the last TASM movie Peter was to die and Miles was to have an appearance taking up the Spidey throne? This wouldn't necessarily have to lead into sequels with the character (think The Dark Knight Rises).

Personally, I'd like to see it.

#1 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14730 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no.

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Tohoma (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh I don't think it would work out.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32222 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you knew what people's answer was going to be before you posted this....

#5 Posted by danhimself (22218 posts) - - Show Bio

never going to happen....I can almost guarantee that you will never see Miles Morales or Terry McGinnis in a live action movie....regular non comic reading movie goers have no idea who they are and it wouldn't make any sense to them...we'll only ever see Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne as the stars of Spider-man and Batman movies

#6 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god no! As a matter of fact he should have never replaced him in the comics. If you want to have diversity, then create a new charter and start fresh. Don't have him take over for a character with such a rich history.

#7 Posted by Funkypanda123 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Id say yes but people are afraid to change nowadays , because if it isn't exactly like what they grew up with then its a pice of crap

#8 Edited by kostisfire (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no! I'd prefer SpOck to be honest. Have it be the 3rd movie of the new trilogy and in the 4th one Peter reclaims his life. Superior is a story arc while current Ultimate is a new direction. Just keep Miles away from the movies.

#9 Posted by 8008S (376 posts) - - Show Bio

@kostisfire said:

Hell no! I'd prefer SpOck to be honest

So killing heroes and making sociopaths wear their skin is better than having black people pay tribute to them. I see.

(ftr I'm kidding here)

#10 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1662 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really get it. Why should we even think about replacing a fiction character who happens to be truly amazing!!! No replacements at all. Pete's great, he's Spider-man.

#11 Posted by kostisfire (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@8008s: Miles is just bland. He is a not so interesting copy of Peter. Ock's story is quite interesting since it's a redemption story that evolves Spider-Man. And tbh, Ock is just so much more interesting. I am very tired of the kid gets powers and does mistakes along the way and learns from them. Ock knows the drill and expands upon it. It's early days Iron Man with super powers and wackier stories. An arrogant, but brilliant mind that tries to redeem himself from his past actions.

#13 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (444 posts) - - Show Bio

No keep it about Peter.

#14 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10917 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you knew what people's answer was going to be before you posted this....

never going to happen....I can almost guarantee that you will never see Miles Morales or Terry McGinnis in a live action movie....regular non comic reading movie goers have no idea who they are and it wouldn't make any sense to them...we'll only ever see Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne as the stars of Spider-man and Batman movies

#15 Posted by tremerefury (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see it happening, but the easiest way I can see them doing it is to do a loose adaptation of Shattered Dimensions. If they stick to four Spider-Men they'd probably have to break it up into a two part movie, to get people to care about the extra spidey's. I think that they'd switch to Miles instead of Ultimate Peter because, well, most people are stupid. it'd get confusing for three out of four Spider-Men to be Peter Parker. I can see them using Miles as Ultimate Spidey for that reason and for diversity (as well as removing the symbiote). Unfortunately, I think they'd change the civilian identity of Noir Spidey for that reason. Only other name I'd be ok w them using is Ben Reilly. but that's me. Meh... While we're on the topic of a movie that'll probably never happen: Michael B Jordan as Miles, Andrew Garfield as Amazing, Tobe Maguire as Noir, and a similarly built hispanic actor as Miguel O'Hara (No one really springs to mind at the moment. Well... TBH, Fez from that 70's show popped into my head, but I'm blaming that on lack of sleep. O'Hara is half hispanic, half Irish. I'd want a hispanic actor for that reason). Skip filming the origins, except for flashes as the spideys talk to each other. Could be cool. Could be horrible. Comic based movies are a coin toss lately. :-P

#16 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

If they're really planning on doing 4+ movies, Andrew Garfield ain't gonna be young and pretty forever. Miles would be fit for that role when the time comes.

#17 Edited by kgb725 (5498 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything hed be teamed with peter in the third or fourth movie something would happen to miles they'd have a big falling out get back together at the end and swing off together at the end of the movie. ... or something like that

#18 Posted by Jayc1324 (8907 posts) - - Show Bio

No

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.