Should Dan Slott keep writing Spider-man?(Replaces old poll)

Posted by animehunter (1964 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Should Dan Slott keep writing Spider-man?(Replaces old poll) (113 votes)

Definitely YES 17%
Yes 12%
Maybe 17%
Don't Care 3%
No 20%
Definitely NOT 31%
#1 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

JMS 4 LIFE!!!

#2 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a good run but now it's just getting stale and old. Give some new writers a chance. I would like to see Yost write the character, or have Bendis who is my all time favorite Spidey writer.

#3 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Slott still has it in him and he's still a good job with Superior as it is, but I still hold JMS as my favourite Spider-Man writer and I'd go as far as to say that Bendis would do a fantastic job as well. After all, Spider-Men was my all-time favourite Spider-Man story in the past several years.

#4 Posted by consolemaster001 (5569 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16450 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost!!!

#6 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

#DanSlottGTFO

#7 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so, im interested to see how he plans on fixing this and his plans for the new status quo of spider-man. bringing in someone else at this point will just be half assed attempt to continue what slott does or some lazy reboot

#8 Posted by PunyParker (10881 posts) - - Show Bio

!

#9 Posted by PunyParker (10881 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (42183 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no! Slott needs to get the hell away from Spider Man. I hope he can write Amazing Spider and still do his beastly Scarlet Spider!

#11 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him to continue to write it until they somehow bring Peter back to life before Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out and new fans are brought to Spidey. (it's gonna HAVE to happen, right?)

#13 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

NO (put in caps to fit Slott's style).

:)

#14 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely no. I'm waiting for him to get off the series so I can pick it up again

#15 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: You mean Yost? Cause you forgot to say who, but from the Scarlet Spider mention, it seems to me that you mean Yost. In that case, I think it's the majority that wants Yost to run the show.

#16 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I would take about anyone else at this point. Until then I will remain without a Spider-Man title in my subscription list (except for Scarlet Spider).

#17 Posted by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it hurts that Peter is gone, but assuming he'll be back soon (really, how long is Marvel going to keep their most popular character dead?), I'd like to see where Dan Slot is going with this. I've always enjoyed his writing, and Superior hasn't disappointed me so far, despite Peter's demise. And seriously, Peter WILL be back, even if it's after Dan Slott's run, so I'm no to worried on that front. Stupid Marvel and their pointless deaths.

As for the suggestion of Yost writing Spidey? He'd probably do a good job, but I don't want a premature end to Slot's run. I want to see his master plan.

#18 Posted by LunestaVideos (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I love Superior Spider-man

#19 Posted by BigTimeSpider (44 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

I'm not gonna rage over what he is doing, but I just don't like it.

#20 Posted by Xwraith (18107 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I want to see him write Squirrel Girl again.

#21 Posted by krspaceT (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

He should write until Peter is back. Once that is done, he should go to DC and write a Static series

#22 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea that will enable him to ruin another character.

#23 Edited by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

I've yet to see one of these polls lean the other way.

#24 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

"I've yet to see one of these polls lean the other way."

I think there is a valid reason for that.

IT SUCKS!.... put in all caps to fit Slott's style;)

#25 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Hez good sometimes then bad sometimes

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#27 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost!!+1

#29 Posted by angelalfonso (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no

#30 Posted by Opunaya (26 posts) - - Show Bio

No, definitely not. He should've stopped with Ends of the Earth. When other people can write your own 'original' character better than you, it's probably best to hand the reins to someone else.

#31 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@opunaya: Exactly! The voice of reason (at last).

#33 Posted by dondave (37380 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Preferably forever.

#34 Posted by SilverPool (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer Chris Yost.

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5052 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive enjoyed his writing so far. I want to see where this is going. I do think he will bring Peter back eventually

#36 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (623 posts) - - Show Bio

No move him on to something different.

#37 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Hitmanspike (52 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been doing it for a very long while, I guess superior will be his last work on the character... He has brought interesting development to the character after superior maybe it'll be time for a change

#39 Edited by PunyParker (10881 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Bleeding Cool articles,i don't know......he may be writing the ASM book,or may be not...

#40 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been ready for a change for a very long time.

#41 Edited by petermed51 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

After he wraps up Superior,which I've surprisingly enjoyed, I think it's time to give someone else a shot. My dream would be Brian K. Vaughan, haha

#42 Edited by TheBlackPeterParker (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, for like a couple issues. I don't think Slott is that bad.

#43 Posted by Teerack (6254 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Slott is bad, but I would like him to go away and focus on SS now.

#44 Posted by flazam (2496 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading Spider-Island most definitely yes

#45 Edited by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked New Ways to Die, The Gauntlet, Grim Hunt and Ends of the Earth.

To be honest though, I'm really kind of bored with his run now. Give someone else a chance like Christopher Yost, Brian Michael Bendis or hell as Greg Weisman if he'd be interested in writing Spidey comics. (It wont happen but I'd love JMS and/or Peter David coming back).

#46 Posted by darthfury78 (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan had the Gold Card to pick any series to write.

#47 Posted by HumanRocket (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like his idea of Superior Spider-Man but I do like his writing so I voted yes.

#48 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Yost or Bendis to take over.

Or, alternatively, I wouldn't mind seeing what Jason Aaron would do with Spidey under his pen. I can't explain why but I feel like he'd be a good match.

#49 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing Yost take over writing Superior should it get relaunched or something following #31. That being said I love Slott writing Spidey. I think he's one of the best Spider-Man writers around and beyond Stan Lee's stuff in the beginning I can't really think of an extended run of Amazing that I like all that much besides Slott's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.