seems everyone is against superior spiderman...but

• 108 results
#1 Edited by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

sales say otherwise. it is a successful title prob one of marvels top 3 right now- if everyone hated it the sales would have dropped and peter would be back already. but as long as it keeps selling why would they change it ?

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread isn't going to go anywhere good. I like the book but they aren't going to keep it around forever. The villain doesn't win in the long run

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

People may be buying it even if they don't like it, just for the sake of being Spider-Man collectors.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yup. That's one the biggest differences between the comic community and say the gaming community. If the gaming community dislikes something they'll make sure said creator feels it. Comic fans will literally continue to pay $4 a month just to whine and complain

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11581 posts) - - Show Bio

People may be buying it even if they don't like it, just for the sake of being Spider-Man collectors.

Yup, this is my boat.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

People such as myself who dislike Superior Spider-Man are only a vocal minority on here and on other forums too. People may still buy comics they don't like just to complain about them.

#7 Posted by Wyldsong (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

sales say otherwise. it is a successful title prob one of marvels top 3 right now- if everyone hated it the sales would have dropped and peter would be back already. but as long as it keeps selling why would they change it ?

Because a lot of Pete fans will still continue to buy it for any word or sign of his return. Especially with the events of issue 19 and the hints placed in it, I think it will continue to be the case, only when word spreads, more fans will probably work their way back.

#8 Posted by JasonHawke (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

*picks up new issue*

"OMGWTFBBQ!! HOW COULD THEY KILL OFF PETER AND HAVE HIM REPLACED WITH DOC OCK! I HATE THIS! GOD DAMN YOU SLOTT!"

*buys next issue*

#9 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

*picks up new issue*

"OMGWTFBBQ!! HOW COULD THEY KILL OFF PETER AND HAVE HIM REPLACED WITH DOC OCK! I HATE THIS! GOD DAMN YOU SLOTT!"

*buys next issue*

This is what I hate about some comic book fans. If you hate it don't buy it! That's they only way there gonna stop making it. Not that I even mind Superior Spider-man though.

#10 Edited by JasonHawke (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I feel the opposite way! I like how some comic book fans do this!

It's fun!

#11 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fun!

When I'm completely indifferent to it, it is pretty fun to see them inflict pain on themselves like literary masochists.

#12 Posted by JasonHawke (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@jasonhawke said:

It's fun!

When I'm completely indifferent to it, it is pretty fun to see them inflict pain on themselves like literary masochists.

Whoa! Now that's a bit much.

I aint like that! D:

#13 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@jasonhawke said:

It's fun!

Whoa! Now that's a bit much.

I aint like that! D:

How is it fun if there's no pain involved?!? I'm confused.

#14 Posted by JetiiMitra (8625 posts) - - Show Bio

Proud to say I don't contribute to those sales.

#15 Posted by darthfury78 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Superior Spider-Man continues to outshine the competition, it will do very well. Due in part because of Dan Slott's marketing genius. I personally do not believe that Peter's coming back anytime soon. Thus Superior Spider-Man could last well over 100 issues.

With regards to Captain Marvel, it didn't do very well despite having a good writer. I think that Carol's new series could have done as well as Superior Spider-Man if Peter Parker was shown in the first 8 issues of the series with Dexter Soy doing the artwork as 2 story arcs. The first arc of the story could have had Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Peter Parker working together in a classic Three's Company fashion. The second story arc could have had all Carol and Peter on a date where he talks about his first encounter with Mystique in a flashback story that might have lasted for 3 issues. That could have kept Captain Marvel sales at around 45K copies. All of which without having to say that Peter was in a relationship with Carol/Jessica as both women are attracted to him. So that could have eliminated any serious relationship possibility without the other getting very upset about it. The same could apply toward The Black Widow and Silver Sable regarding their feelings for Spider-Man, of which the former was the first heroine to kiss him while the latter was the last to do so.

#16 Edited by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

QFT.

#17 Posted by MaccyD (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yup. That's one the biggest differences between the comic community and say the gaming community. If the gaming community dislikes something they'll make sure said creator feels it. Comic fans will literally continue to pay $4 a month just to whine and complain

You've obviously never heard of EA, Call of Duty or World of Warcraft then :P

#18 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

. People may still buy comics they don't like just to complain about them.

One of the most annoying things for me. IT IS Completely cringe worthy.

People actually watch shows, buy comics, watch movies, replay video games and et cetera just to complain about it.

Ridiculous

( +)

#19 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: I know of all those things. The gamers complaining aren't the ones supporting them

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13130 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@mitran said:

QFT.

damn straight.

#21 Posted by Spideysense44 (3456 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Superior Spiderman... but still want Peter back

#22 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Torrents FTW

I mean QFT

#23 Posted by MaccyD (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Trust me people moan about those but yet they still have to buy them every year.

#24 Posted by Funkypanda123 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is against miles

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason sales are still the same is because most of the people claiming to hate it are still buying it and hate reading. I know a lot of people actually do like it as well. Personally I don't like it so instead of just buying and bitching I just stopped reading it.

#26 Posted by PunyParker (10883 posts) - - Show Bio

The book says "Spider-Man".....the name alone sells door knobs for God's sakes....

#27 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

When I felt insulted as Spidey fan, I dropped the comic book. Simple as that. I know collectors keep buying it, but it's not them that make the difference. They were buying it before 698, so what really happened? Anger, curiosity etc. I was buying it, cause I wanted to see, when Peter is coming back. When I saw Otto winning the battle inside Peter's brain in such a dishonorable way, I've just stopped buying it at the drop of a hat. Yet, the fact comic book fans keep buying it shows that they "enjoy" it even in a peculiar way. Something like "I love to hate you" situation. + Collectors + Fans that really like the change + People still waiting for a hint (I know it happened recently). It sums up.

#28 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped the book. Some buy to collect and some buy because they are waiting and hoping for the return.

Some even like it....

#29 Posted by Waveslasher (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Here I'll finish the sentence

Seems everyone is against superior spider man... But Dan Slott

#30 Posted by darthfury78 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey. Don't blame Slott. Blame the people who allowed him the opportunity to write Spider-Man in the first place. As long as sales of Superior Spider-Man are strong, Slott's not going anywhere. Marvel has given Slott total control over Spider-Man because he's proven time and time again that he can exceed sales expectations. Although the recent story does pave the way for a huge downfall for Otto.

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying it and that's coming from a massive Spider-Man fan. I think readers should just relax a little bit because clearly, Peter isn't permanently gone. This is a different and relatively unique take on the character so far and the repercussions will be interesting to see.

#32 Edited by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I'm enjoying it and that's coming from a massive Spider-Man fan. I think readers should just relax a little bit because clearly, Peter isn't permanently gone. This is a different and relatively unique take on the character so far and the repercussions will be interesting to see.

I got to disagree with the statement about it being unique. This is essentially OMD all over again. They just took Mephisto out.

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I got to disagree with the statement about it being unique. This is essentially OMD all over again. They just took Mephisto out.

Ok, didn't want to use it originally but I'll go with "refreshing". Why? Because it's something different and if there's one thing comic book fans complain about, it is the lack of variety in the stories.

#34 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@master_of_suprise said:

@deranged_midget said:

Ok, didn't want to use it originally but I'll go with "refreshing". Why? Because it's something different and if there's one thing comic book fans complain about, it is the lack of variety in the stories.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Though if you don't mind me asking. How is this different from other stories that have done it before?

#35 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Though if you don't mind me asking. How is this different from other stories that have done it before?

Of course I don't mind! Personally, I don't have a problem with the majority of comic book stories. Yes, they've largely become predictable but it's on the writers to keep it creative. People seem to completely ignore (or just hate on) Superior not only because of the treatment towards Peter's character, but because they loathe change in any way. Considering Peter's luck since Big Time, having Octavius take over his body and slowly rip away everything he worked for, even seemingly "killing" Peter as well, is a different experience to look at.

In the end, Octavius "won", Peter lost. It's a rather uncommon factor in superhero comics.

#36 Posted by valtiel (8 posts) - - Show Bio

So Peter is gone... Forever?

#37 Posted by ownagepants (4556 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Teerack (6262 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Edited by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like the book gets a lot of love not hate. Maybe that is just me. People buying books they don't like are stupid and waste their money that is not the worst thing because that only hurts them selfs. The worst thing is because they are buying a book that the dislike the story will continue to be bad are ruing the book/character for other readers. I have not bought any Spider-Man books after OMD (and not the story either) since the story has taken away everything Spider-man is to me. I think it is interesting with elements from the second clone saga is taken up again and Spider-man 2099 since that was some of the first stories I read. However i still continue my ban and hopefully will so in the future. I blame Joe Quesada for wanting to be writer when he was and editor, JMS for not standing his ground and say no to writing the story and I blame all the Spider-man fanboys that keeps buying the book even though you don't like it. You are the reason it is going on. Things can change they didn't keep Ben Reily has Peter Parker they changed it so he was the clone. This collector culture in comics isn't heathy for the comics and are reason that are printed so many bad books. Another being that the story is written finished before it is released making story unfinished or changed into something totally different. Hopefully one day all comics will be released in one shots. And yes you can still have continuity but many of those problems will also be fixed since it would be easier to make stories fit together.

#40 Posted by Raiiyn (3523 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend David actually really likes the book and has been encouraging me to pick it up. I think there actually is a fanbase for what's happening right now which is also why sales are good. I think that more people actually like it than are even given credit for.

#41 Edited by Sebast_Allen (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Its the best spidey I HAVE EVER SEEN, i love superior and hope, no offense, parker doesnt get his body back

#42 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just spam the writers that made the change on social media?

do some activism people, don't lose to football/soccer fans

let your anger be heard

#43 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen

: then why not just read Scarlet spider..this is the issue i take with Superior . Sorry but its guys like you that got Scarlet spider cancelled, Oh look otto doesn't follow the same code as peter, otto takes a step further by killing someone...need i mention Kaine gave carnage a god damn lobotomy, he tore the eye and arm off of someone to boot! I'd call that a darker move than shooting someone point blank, blinding an old man or killing allistar Smythe

You want a darker spiderman that didn't follow the same code as peter READ SCARLET SPIDER

You want to read a story of REDEMPTION READ SCARLET SPIDER

when has otto atoned for his past mistakes? and no standing over Peter's body swearing to be the Superior Spiderman DOES NOT COUNT

Yost is head and shoulders above Dan Slott when it comes to writing Spidermen, I'm sorry but your gimmick has run its damn course Mr.Slott and its time you pushed the reset button

The Scarlet Spider IS THE TRUE SPIDERMAN read the last issue and see how Kaine has become more like Peter than otto has

#44 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by PunyParker (10883 posts) - - Show Bio

I rwally want to know,when Peter returns,where will you all Superior lovers be.......i'll tell you......here,there EVERYWHERE,to say that "Finally Pete's back,and Ock sucks,and Slott sucks,and Peter is Spider-Man and always was" .......i just have a feeling that we will see,some weird stuff when saint Peter comes back....

For all of you supporting the other side of the coin, it's a story.....it's a story in PETER PARKER's life.....he will return,and will be Spider-Man again.....this is all happening for the sake of the reboot......Peter was very succesfull with his personal life,last 50 issues.....so they needed a way to blow it.Voila.Ock is in Pete's body.Ock is written to be a jerk.He's written for us to DISLIKE him.We like Peter,and Slott,and all of them there,know it.We read it with the question, "How Peter's gonna come back?"....not how Ock will deal with his dworf girlfriend or anything concidering his personal life....we dont care. It's a Spider-Man story,and Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

#46 Edited by inkBot (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not interested in reading about SpOck being a tool. I'm not interested in reading about Peter having to deal with the fallout of SpOck's shit. And I'm definitely not interested in reading ANOTHER damn reboot of the damn character.

In short. Spider-Man is dead, good job Slott.

#47 Edited by PunyParker (10883 posts) - - Show Bio

@inkbot said:

I'm not interested in reading about SpOck being a tool. I'm not interested in reading about Peter having to deal with the fallout of SpOck's shit. And I'm definitely not interested in reading ANOTHER damn reboot of the damn character.

In short. Spider-Man is dead, good job Slott.

there's these people too.....and saldy,i cant blame em.....

#48 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@mitran said:

QFT.

DQFT

#49 Posted by Wolverine08 (42187 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.