Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Rhino is in the Amazing Spider-Man 2...discussion

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By SpidermanWins

Yeah... he's going to be played by Paul Giamatti. Mark Webb, I hope you know what you are doing.

warewolf577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By warewolf577
    No Caption Provided

He'll be fine. Captian Stacy is a comedian, did you know that? He played perfectly to me

Would you take him seriously if you found out he was Captian Stacy?

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpidermanWins

@warewolf577 said:

No Caption Provided

He'll be fine. Captian Stacy is a comedian, did you know that? He played perfectly to me

Would you take him seriously if you found out he was Captian Stacy?

lol no

warewolf577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warewolf577

@SpidermanWins: So why do you doubt Paul?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By amazing_webhead

Is the video game cannon to the films?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @AmazingWebHead said:

No.
    SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpidermanWins

@warewolf577 said:

@SpidermanWins: So why do you doubt Paul?

I don't doubt Paul, it's just that if someone like Paul Giamatti is playing THE RHINO. It wouldn't make much since unless they show him without being the Rhino first or after as Paul Giamatti. If you know Paul's usual roles, a giant, superstrong Rhino supervillain usually isn't what he is hired for. I am worried because this could mean they want him to be a scientist before or after first, and I don't think the RHINO is a good villain to be integral to the plot. If he's in the movie it should be VERY BRIEF, or I will have some words with Mister Webb. Rhino's a bit radical and if it follows the video game, which it should because Activision announced it as a canon (@AmazingWebHead said: )

storyline that ties into the movie, suggesting that ASM2 may take place after it

If it does he'll look like this:

NOT GOOD

It also looks organic which suggests Paul Giamatti may be playing Rhino as a repeat of lizard which I hope not.

I could go on and on on my thoughts but main point: This is a definite cause for worry or speculation

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@War Killer said:

@AmazingWebHead said:

No.

Actually it was stated to be in the same universe as the movie and Sony stopped Beenox using certain characters (Doc Ock and Black Cat. Felicia was in it but did you notice she was never referred to as Black Cat?) because of this. So yes to a certain extent it is cannon. Maybe the Rhino Paul is going to be playing is different from the one in the game. The one in-game was grown fro ma real Rhino or maybe they will go the Ultimate route and have Rhino as a battlesuit.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheHulk

About time. Hulk wanted Rhino to be the villain in Spider-Man 3. But, Hulk hope we see faithful rendition now.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Strider92 said:

@War Killer said:

@AmazingWebHead said:

No.

Actually it was stated to be in the same universe as the movie and Sony stopped Beenox using certain characters (Doc Ock and Black Cat. Felicia was in it but did you notice she was never referred to as Black Cat?) because of this. So yes to a certain extent it is cannon. Maybe the Rhino Paul is going to be playing is different from the one in the game. The one in-game was grown fro ma real Rhino or maybe they will go the Ultimate route and have Rhino as a battlesuit.

Video games based off of movies have never been considered canon (at least not superhero ones), and while I enjoyed the game it is no exception.
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@War Killer: This was. Beenox even worked with mark Webb on the script so it did not disrupt future movies.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/amazing-spider-man-gamepost-mortem-interview/

It helped that Beenox was a player in the process almost from day one. Webb was already on board, but there was no script, only the loosest idea of what the story would be, and some general thematic guarantees, both in terms of Webb’s vision and in terms of the story rebooting the film side of the Spider-Man canon.
    “We actually worked together with Marc Webb [and Sony Pictures] to review the script together, brainstorm the possibilities, think about the directions that they were going and the directions that they wanted to make sure we went,” Nicholas said.
    “Marc really wanted this to be the story of Peter Parker more than it was the story of Spider-Man per se. He really wanted this to be a telling of Peter’s story, and of the love story between him and Gwen, and what that relationship is. Marc worked with us very carefully to make sure that we not only honored Spider-Man as a Marvel character, but that we also stayed true to the story that he was trying to craft.”
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

I doubt that he'll be playing a huge role. The character's always been used as a throwaway villain, and I bet he'll be fulfilling that spot yet again.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

@War Killer: This was. Beenox even worked with mark Webb on the script so it did not disrupt future movies.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/amazing-spider-man-gamepost-mortem-interview/

It helped that Beenox was a player in the process almost from day one. Webb was already on board, but there was no script, only the loosest idea of what the story would be, and some general thematic guarantees, both in terms of Webb’s vision and in terms of the story rebooting the film side of the Spider-Man canon.
    “We actually worked together with Marc Webb [and Sony Pictures] to review the script together, brainstorm the possibilities, think about the directions that they were going and the directions that they wanted to make sure we went,” Nicholas said.
    “Marc really wanted this to be the story of Peter Parker more than it was the story of Spider-Man per se. He really wanted this to be a telling of Peter’s story, and of the love story between him and Gwen, and what that relationship is. Marc worked with us very carefully to make sure that we not only honored Spider-Man as a Marvel character, but that we also stayed true to the story that he was trying to craft.”

Oh god,what do we need to expect....

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By renamed040924

I find it awesome how Giamatti has been expressing interest in this role for years now and actually got it. They'll probably portray him as a frail thug who becomes the Rhino to get stronger and get some respect, something along those lines.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By PaperDemon

@TheHulk said:

About time. Hulk wanted Rhino to be the villain in Spider-Man 3. But, Hulk hope we see faithful rendition now.

Dont you have anything better to do than pretend your Hulk on a forum?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xblah_blahx

Paul Giammati is a fantastic actor and I have no doubt hell play the role wonderfully.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.