reading order

#1 Posted by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I am new to spider-man comics and i would like a modern age reading order but I don't mind going back if another comic explains something (e.g the origin)

#2 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I reccomend you to start reading from OMD (if you care enough you can start reading from JMS run. It was fantastic. Starts in about 480 ish) were a lot of crap was retconned. From there just keep reading Amazing Spider-man. I you'll need to pick up anything else (Spider Island for example) it will be shown (checklist, note at the end of the issue or smthn).

#3 Edited by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

i am getting these comics from comixology so i can't get all of JMS's run and what do you mean by OMD

#4 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mighty_i: One More Day. It's the story that erased Spidey's marriage.

#5 Posted by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

what comics in reading order come after it

#6 Posted by NaffyDuck (15 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are just getting into ASM, I don't think you really need to read One More Day, just start with Brand New Day (#546) and go from there.

I recently got back into Spidey and started with the Big Time (#648), when Dan Slott took over the series as sole writer, and found it very accessible.

#7 Posted by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

are their any modern origin story arc's if not what is can i have the story arc for and old origin

#8 Posted by NaffyDuck (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say your best bet is just read Amazing Fantasy #15, which is where Spidey first appeared. Marvel recently re-released the issue for the 50th anniversary, and if you have the means to read digital you can pick up from Comixology or Marvel App pretty easily.

Marvel also did the Season One graphic novel last year, however I can't attest as to how good it is.

#9 Posted by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

are their any good story arcs i should along with issue 546+

#10 Posted by TheTrollDance (172 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Big Time is a good jumping point, it is a great story arc and is very friendly towards people who are new to modern day ASM. It's also a rather recent story arc, as it starts off at issue 648, meaning you won't have a lot of catching up to do.

#11 Posted by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

okay i am of to a good start with spider man comics

#12 Posted by TheTrollDance (172 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by the_mighty_i (21 posts) - - Show Bio

i will start with Amazing Fantasy #15 for the origin and read from Brand New Day onwards. Also where does spider man fit into avengers disassembled, civil wars, siege and fear itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.