Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Questions Spider-Man powers

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've read this on the comic vine section about Spider-Man and his powers, and it's writen and I quote "Spider-Man possesses the proportionate powers of a spider, granted to him from an irradiated Common House Spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) which bit Peter Parker that was apparently already mutated from prior exposure to certain frequencies of radiation and received a final, lethal dose during Parker's attendance of the exhibition."

Now. I was always under the impression that the spider was just there and that it received a one time dose of radioactivity. Now I read that the spider had already been exposed prior to radioactivity and that that last dose was the lethal one that finished the spider off.

How accurate is this info, and does anyone knows in which issue I can read that? Because honestly I never read anything like this before.

And my last question is. Since when did Spider-Man got claws. At the time when I was reading Superior Spider-Man I noticed that he had claws, but I don't remember him ever having claws before.

I do remember The Other, but if memory doesn't fails me, he got stingers and not claws.

Just somethings that been in my head since the last issue when Present Spider-Man fought his possessed version.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the number of times the spider received the radiation I know neither, but for the claws it was a suit upgrade by Spock, not natural claws.

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The claws were a part of Ock's suit.

I'm really unsure what exactly happened, as there have been many retellings of that day, making it very hard to find out what exactly happened. As I know it, (which might be incorrect) is that the spider was dying, but managed to bite Peter before it died.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Anjales_II

@heavenlydarkdragon: I think this is what is meant by that statement. You see, while the radioation expirment was taking place, the Spider was hanging from its web, and while it wasn't directly hit with the ray, it was already exposed to it. Then, as it came down, the ray gave one final "lethal" dose, which caused it to die right before biting Peter.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyleat: @darklordx123: @anjales:

Yeah... I can see that. Makes sense, thanks!

So just a suit upgrade, ok, that's cool. Because I was honestly begining to think that only Peter was less eficient in the use of his spider powers. Seeing that it seemed every other character with spider powers is either more powerful than Peter or have more powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.