Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Question about web-shooters in ASM movie

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was watching the scene where Peter is making the web-shooters and was wondering if he just made the shooters and bought the web from Oscorp or if he makes web-fluid by himself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'm pretty sure he stole the fluid from Oscorp.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JimTheSurfer

In comics he made it himself from the beggining, so I don't see any reason, why he wouldn't do it in the movie.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@therrieur: From what I can work out he bought the web but modified it to fit his needs.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

He got the web-fluid from Oscorp, which I believe was created by his father if I'm not mistaken, but it was Peter who invited the Web-Shooters. This goes closely with his Ultimate Comics version where, I believe, Peter originally invited his Web-Shooters off of notes from his father, or something like that.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Ninjablade09

Ya it was the formula was created by his father in Ultimate just had never been tested. The movie shooters were cartridges I think he ordered online from oscorp and he built the shooters. With the sequel since he had the cartridges he probably wrote down some notes on it to learn the formula so he could make more when he needed not having to wait. Makes the most sense.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Ninjablade09 said:

Ya it was the formula was created by his father in Ultimate just had never been tested. The movie shooters were cartridges I think he ordered online from oscorp and he built the shooters. With the sequel since he had the cartridges he probably wrote down some notes on it to learn the formula so he could make more when he needed not having to wait. Makes the most sense.

Yeah, but I thought it was mentioned in the movies that his father had been working with spiders while working at Oscorp and the webbing they were using, the same webbing Peter got from Oscorp, was a result of his father's work?
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Ninjablade09

@War Killer said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Yeah, but I thought it was mentioned in the movies that his father had been working with spiders while working at Oscorp and the webbing they were using, the same webbing Peter got from Oscorp, was a result of his father's work?

rewatched the scenes where they explain it doesn't seem like it was directly referred. I know the silk they used was from the spiders in the room Pete got bit in. Richard Parker breed those so he indirectly made. I'll check again.

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
    Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Manhunter_Prime

I think in his work with cross-species genetics and spiders, his father was intently studying spiders and their properties, and an off-shoot Oscorp project was the creation of a "biocable" that mimicked the tensile and adhesive properties of a spider's web. Which Peter then purchased or took and adapted with technical prowess for webshooters.

Personally, I think the changes diminishes Parker as a scientist, the fact that he was able to adapt his research into multi-polymer compounds and their adhesive properties was always a testament to his brilliance even as a kid. That, and synthesizing a Lizard antidote in a matter of hours as a high schooler....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.