Question about web-shooters in ASM movie

#1 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was watching the scene where Peter is making the web-shooters and was wondering if he just made the shooters and bought the web from Oscorp or if he makes web-fluid by himself.

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure he stole the fluid from Oscorp.

#3 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

In comics he made it himself from the beggining, so I don't see any reason, why he wouldn't do it in the movie.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16734 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur: From what I can work out he bought the web but modified it to fit his needs.

#5 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

He got the web-fluid from Oscorp, which I believe was created by his father if I'm not mistaken, but it was Peter who invited the Web-Shooters. This goes closely with his Ultimate Comics version where, I believe, Peter originally invited his Web-Shooters off of notes from his father, or something like that.

#6 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya it was the formula was created by his father in Ultimate just had never been tested. The movie shooters were cartridges I think he ordered online from oscorp and he built the shooters. With the sequel since he had the cartridges he probably wrote down some notes on it to learn the formula so he could make more when he needed not having to wait. Makes the most sense.

#7 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ninjablade09 said:

Ya it was the formula was created by his father in Ultimate just had never been tested. The movie shooters were cartridges I think he ordered online from oscorp and he built the shooters. With the sequel since he had the cartridges he probably wrote down some notes on it to learn the formula so he could make more when he needed not having to wait. Makes the most sense.

Yeah, but I thought it was mentioned in the movies that his father had been working with spiders while working at Oscorp and the webbing they were using, the same webbing Peter got from Oscorp, was a result of his father's work?
#8 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Yeah, but I thought it was mentioned in the movies that his father had been working with spiders while working at Oscorp and the webbing they were using, the same webbing Peter got from Oscorp, was a result of his father's work?

rewatched the scenes where they explain it doesn't seem like it was directly referred. I know the silk they used was from the spiders in the room Pete got bit in. Richard Parker breed those so he indirectly made. I'll check again.

#9 Posted by Manhunter_Prime (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in his work with cross-species genetics and spiders, his father was intently studying spiders and their properties, and an off-shoot Oscorp project was the creation of a "biocable" that mimicked the tensile and adhesive properties of a spider's web. Which Peter then purchased or took and adapted with technical prowess for webshooters.

Personally, I think the changes diminishes Parker as a scientist, the fact that he was able to adapt his research into multi-polymer compounds and their adhesive properties was always a testament to his brilliance even as a kid. That, and synthesizing a Lizard antidote in a matter of hours as a high schooler....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.