Predictions for the ending of Superior Spider-man #1

#1 Edited by animehunter (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the talk about the event that took place in 700, and it being the reason Dan Slott said he would go into hiding, and will not return until the release of Superior spider-man #1 (9th Jan 2013) due to its ending.

Any predictions on how the issue ends, that would make Dan Slott feel safe enough to come out of hiding.

My predictions would be these, please feel free to yours.

1 - He would make a mistake and someone catches on. e.g. Carlie Cooper, evidenced by the description of issue #3

2 - Peter is still around, but is in a state that he can't do much without help from allies.

3 - Someone was watching how things unfolded and has decided to get back in the picture to set things right. e.g. Silver Sable, we know according to Julia Carpenter is still alive and it is possible that she was in hiding watching everything.

4 - Julia Carpenter comes out of her coma and vows to set things right.

I would like to ask everyone to try to avoid adding spoilers in this topic, but if it is unavoidable, please use the spoiler tools provided to warn people before they start reading.

#2 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good thread, normally newbies don't make a good threads. This is good though.

#3 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya, it's great!!! I like prediction #2 the best, I really hope that something like that will happen... By the way, Is Dan Slott literally in hiding?????

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Earth616 said:

Ya, it's great!!! I like prediction #2 the best, I really hope that something like that will happen... By the way, Is Dan Slott literally in hiding?????

Well, he's been receiving death treats...

#5 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Sable's alive? When did this happen?

#6 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch the world actually end tomorrow, and none of us ever find out what happens

#7 Posted by BR_Havoc (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

I think prediction 2 is the most likely to happen maybe not the first issue but by the end of the first story line. Maybe Peter is deep within Doc Ocks mind?

#8 Edited by animehunter (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shutdown:

You don't actually see her alive, but it's what Julia Carpenter says, back in issue #690, that tells us she is. Also if you add the fact that you never saw her body at the end of Ends of the Earth Arc epilogue in Avenging Spider-Man #8, it's usually a good indication of a character returning.

(didn't use spoiler block as the issue has been out a while)

This next image has already been released by Marvel as part of their preview pages(the reason for not using a spoiler block), it shows Silver Sable in what appears to be heaven, but I can say it's actually a dream state

#9 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict all the haters' criticisms will be laid to rest and we will accept Superior Spider-man for what it is! Yeah right, who am I kidding--that'll never happen.

#10 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if further Superior Spider-man comics Pete's conscience or whatever will return to his body in some kind and will take over doc ock's. I mean killing ol' Pete permanently is a really bad idea...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.