Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

peterparker may still be alive after ASM#700

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vincent92
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Well i'm confused. Is it possible both Miguel and Peter are Spider-man in Superior Spider-man but they're just taking turns in the suit?

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vincent92

@Strider92: i think peter will give up the mantle for some reason and focus on working at horizan labs, he may take it back sometime later

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@Vincent92 said:

@Strider92: i think peter will give up the mantle for some reason and focus on working at horizan labs, he may take it back sometime later

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@Vincent92: I guess it makes sense. Pete could work at Horizon and mentor Alpha while Miguel is Spider-man.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Strider92 said:

Well i'm confused. Is it possible both Miguel and Peter are Spider-man in Superior Spider-man but they're just taking turns in the suit?

Has anyone actually confirmed that Miguel has anything to do with Super Spider-Man? I've noticed a lot of people saying it lately, but not really any evidence.

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vincent92

@Imagine_Man15: dan slott mentioned him while talking on twitter and that is where all the speculation started from

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@Imagine_Man15: No conformation (apart from the alleged slip up by Slott of him talking about Miguel) but it does look quite likely. He could also just be messing with us "Dance my puppets dance!"

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By r3d_rob1n

As long as Peter remains a part of the Spider-man title I will be happy. Though, I'm not too sure why MJ would be dating Spider-man if Peter is retired and alive. Seems like the perfect opportunity for them to get back together. While I like Miguel, I don't know how I would feel about him becoming Spidey. My hopes are that a Peter clone (Ben Reilly) comes back and takes on the suit while Peter supplies tech and advice.

Is there a possibility that Peter will lose his leg? Maybe Dan is trying to bring Mayday Parker back into continuity?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By darthfury78

@r3d_rob1n said:

As long as Peter remains a part of the Spider-man title I will be happy. Though, I'm not too sure why MJ would be dating Spider-man if Peter is retired and alive. Seems like the perfect opportunity for them to get back together. While I like Miguel, I don't know how I would feel about him becoming Spidey. My hopes are that a Peter clone (Ben Reilly) comes back and takes on the suit while Peter supplies tech and advice.

Is there a possibility that Peter will lose his leg? Maybe Dan is trying to bring Mayday Parker back into continuity?

I hope not. I say let's leave MC2 alone as it doesn't correspond to Earth-616. I would rather see another version of Spider-Girl come into the regular continuity like Galina Tsarfin(created from the DNA samples of Spider-Man x Black Widow) or the Spider-Girl from the alternate future Avengers(who might be the child of Black Cat x Spider-Man). And the only other Spider-Girl who could come to Earth-616 is Spider-Girl 2020, who might be the child of Spider-Man x Spider-Woman.

Everyone wants to see Mayday Parker come to Earth-616. The question is why? Why can't we see another version of Spider-Girl who is not Mayday Parker; but rather a child related to Spider-Man and a heroine as the mother?

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Trodorne

Come on BEN!

Scarlet_Spyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scarlet_Spyder

@Strider92 said:

I think Peter will do something that makes him give up the webs, or someone dies causing him to give up the webs. Miguel will step in for a bit, but it leaves the road open for Peter to make his eventual and inevitable return.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.