Peter’s time in heaven

#1 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

If Peter were to return he would have to be a better person since he was able to amends the one that have died due to his doing or the ones he believed are his doing. I wonder besides the obvious who he should meet in heaven. I think I would be a good slice of life miniseries. It is an opening for many recaps for fallen friends.

#2 Posted by PunyParker (8944 posts) - - Show Bio

When Peter returns it will be.....RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEBOOT!!!

#3 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15069 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't care at this point. JUST BRING HIM BACK.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having a little trouble reading this, but i'm assuming you're basically saying Peter will be a better person upon his return due to time in heaven? In which case i'm going to say no because Peter isn't necessarily dead but brain washed so he wouldn't have gone to heaven.

#5 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is in Hell. Once you make a deal with Mephisto, your soul belongs to him. It was he who created the events that led to Peter's demise in ASM # 700

#6 Posted by angelalfonso (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop that already, he is not hell he didn´t sold his soul he gave up his marriage, and don’t forget what Mephisto said at the end “For what I’m concern this event never happen” or something like that.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is in Hell. Once you make a deal with Mephisto, your soul belongs to him. It was he who created the events that led to Peter's demise in ASM # 700

Mephisto didn't ask for their souls...he already got what he wanted in their marriage

#8 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he's enjoying time with Uncle Ben?

#9 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

Mephisto didn't ask for their souls...he already got what he wanted in their marriage

The unspoken word always prevail. The soul is embedded within the marriage, which was never erased to being with. Only the memories were changed; the physical aspects can never be altered. Thus Mephisto manipulated everything to get to Peter's soul, which was the beginning of the end for him. If OMD didn't happen, Aunt May would still be alive as she was not dying to begin with because it was just another one of Mephisto's illusions to make Peter to turn to him for help.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@darthfury78 said:

The unspoken word always prevail. The soul is embedded within the marriage, which was never erased to being with. Only the memories were changed; the physical aspects can never be altered. Thus Mephisto manipulated everything to get to Peter's soul, which was the beginning of the end for him. If OMD didn't happen, Aunt May would still be alive as she was not dying to begin with because it was just another one of Mephisto's illusions to make Peter to turn to him for help.

The hell are you on about?

#11 Posted by JasonHawke (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

I DOUBT Peter went to Heaven.

:D

#12 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@darthfury78 said:

what are you talking about? you can't just make things up

#13 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

In the world of comic books, writers make things up all the time. And Peter and Mary Jane's marriage was made up as it never existed in the first place. Fictional characters are made up events that boggles the mind. Don't you think so?

#14 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78:

Peter sold his marriage to the devil not his soul. That means Mephisto has the ability to make his into any marriage he choose as long as he is alive. He has ability to arrange Peter’s marriage any way he wants, but it is still death to us part. Now that Perter is dead that deal is no longer valid. Thinking about it could be Doc Oct’s problem now.

#15 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

In the world of comic books, writers make things up all the time. And Peter and Mary Jane's marriage was made up as it never existed in the first place. Fictional characters are made up events that boggles the mind. Don't you think so?

they get to do that because they're the writers....you don't get to do that....the deal with Mephisto was that he got their marriage and he even said that as far as he's concerned this never happened...he's done with Peter and Mary Jane...the story is how it was written not what you make up after the fact

#16 Edited by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people still going on with that nonsense that Peter sold his soul?

#17 Edited by w0nd (2862 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@darthfury78 said:

he specifically said peters soul would make him sick, because the deal was based on an unselfish act. Any thing could happen though it's a comic.

#18 Posted by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@darthfury78 said:

I bolded the false statements. Unless you have scans to back anything - anything - up...?

#19 Edited by Teerack (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure Peter is even in heaven. I mean his body is alive. it was more like his soul has been overwritten with Ottos... so I think he doesn't even get to go to heaven.

#20 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Have an open mind. That is what they thought us in English class. My teacher told me not to paraphrase someone else work. Rather come up with my own conclusion to the story. And while I am not imposing my beliefs on anyone, a lot of people do believe that Peter had inadvertently gave his soul to Mesphisto so that Aunt May could live, which might have been a scam from the beginning. Just like when the writers killed off Aunt May in ASM 400, only to bring her back from the dead.

#21 Edited by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

im starting to think your a troll on comic vine. You posted that aunt may is spidermans true love, you doubt he went to heaven and say that if venom was a girl he would just kill her. What next? Venom marries j. jonah jameson?

#22 Posted by JasonHawke (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasonhawke said:

im starting to think your a troll on comic vine. You posted that aunt may is spidermans true love, you doubt he went to heaven and say that if venom was a girl he would just kill her. What next? Venom marries j. jonah jameson?

1) Aunt May -is- Spiderman's true love.

2) Im joking, Im sure Peter went to heaven or whatever happened to him (Writers have options)

3) I said Venom should never possess a female host, he'd murder everything and everyone.

4) Venom marrying JJJ = Symbiote JJJ (Im down for this)

5) I dont troll. I entertain myself.

#23 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

First thing that needs to be done in the first issue is a tally recap of all the thing Peter has done. Maybe the best and worst list would work. That cliche happen in the front gates. Second thing is giving the awareness if Peter is real or a clone. We finally have closure on that.

#24 Posted by nickzambuto (12889 posts) - - Show Bio

@jasonhawke said:

Aunt May is Peter's true love in the sense that Jameson is his arch nemesis.

Think about it, the term "true love" does not imply anything physical or romantic. Aunt May is clearly the woman Peter Parker cares for most in this world, making her his "true love".

#25 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Given all that has befallen Peter in this endeavor, I just don't see how he can return the same person: His body is alive, but everything that made him HIM is dead. His mind and memories were transferred to Ock's body, in which they died. What was left in Peter's body, his physical memories, were soon erased. Yet Peter's body is alive. I just don't see how he can return without magic.

Even if they figure out Ock has taken over Peter, there's nothing to transfer back into Peter's body to bring Pete back. They erase Ock, congrats, they've got the Spectacular Spider-Coma. There's no back up of Peter's memory to load into the body like Stark did.

That said, in the latest issue of Superior Spider-Man:

While Otto was trying to remember a formula of Peter's, he dug through everything he'd looked at from Peter's memory, desperately trying to find the formula. While he was doing this, there was a silhouette, apparently digging itself out of some rubble. Kind of looked like Peter. Perhaps Ock looking for him woke what's left of Peter up?

#26 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I recall Dr Doom switched with someone and that person was killed and ten there was Psyclocke who also switched bodies with a ninja. Do you think those obscure two characters are good enough to be heaven so they can give Peter a related experience?

#27 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12511 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldnt matter whether he sold his soul or not. in christianity, if you make a satanic pact, you're doomed. period. that being said, this is a comic and they dont have to obey that rule. Then again this is Dan Slott we're talking about.......

#28 Edited by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

This.

It wouldnt matter whether he sold his soul or not. in christianity, if you make a satanic pact, you're doomed. period. that being said, this is a comic and they dont have to obey that rule. Then again this is Dan Slott we're talking about.......

Also in Christianity is a reoccurring theme of forgiveness. I think Pete's done enough suffering.

#29 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt:

That and he saved the universe a few times. Made a cosmic being reconsider his ways and that one was going to destroy the universe along with hell and possibly heaven. I think he once saved the multiverse so there is that. Anyone want to make list?

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12511 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@punyparker said:

This.

@darthfury78 said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Also in Christianity is a reoccurring theme of forgiveness.

One actually ask for it before death. We never saw Pete ask for forgiveness and even then satanism is if i recall one of the few exceptions (dont quote me on that though).

I think Pete's done enough suffering.

What you and i think is enough very different than what Christian God would. Remember that this is a god who sends people to hel for things like being gay etc Johnny Blaze who (to one of us) had sufficiently made up for his pact with Mephisto was sent to hell anyway even though Mephisto never actually got his soul.

don't misunderstand, i don't believe Peter belongs in hell and given the laws of the comic universe im sure he could have easily been forgiven and gone to heaven. im just not sure if that would work if this were reality, then again i'm not even 100 percent sure if god is a reality sometimes.

#31 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Given all that has befallen Peter in this endeavor, I just don't see how he can return the same person: His body is alive, but everything that made him HIM is dead. His mind and memories were transferred to Ock's body, in which they died. What was left in Peter's body, his physical memories, were soon erased. Yet Peter's body is alive. I just don't see how he can return without magic.

Even if they figure out Ock has taken over Peter, there's nothing to transfer back into Peter's body to bring Pete back. They erase Ock, congrats, they've got the Spectacular Spider-Coma. There's no back up of Peter's memory to load into the body like Stark did.

That said, in the latest issue of Superior Spider-Man:

While Otto was trying to remember a formula of Peter's, he dug through everything he'd looked at from Peter's memory, desperately trying to find the formula. While he was doing this, there was a silhouette, apparently digging itself out of some rubble. Kind of looked like Peter. Perhaps Ock looking for him woke what's left of Peter up?

And this just depresses me more about the current state of Spider-Man and the rubbish treatment Slott and Marvel's execs are giving him.

#32 Posted by Herokiller12344 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@punyparker said:

This.

@darthfury78 said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

One actually ask for it before death. We never saw Pete ask for forgiveness and even then satanism is if i recall one of the few exceptions (dont quote me on that though).

What you and i think is enough very different than what Christian God would. Remember that this is a god who sends people to hel for things like being gay etc Johnny Blaze who (to one of us) had sufficiently made up for his pact with Mephisto was sent to hell anyway even though Mephisto never actually got his soul.

don't misunderstand, i don't believe Peter belongs in hell and given the laws of the comic universe im sure he could have easily been forgiven and gone to heaven. im just not sure if that would work if this were reality, then again i'm not even 100 percent sure if god is a reality sometimes.

Whoa, whoa. Let's not spark a debate or anything.

But you're proabbly right, I mean Marvel's been screwing with Pete for years. Sending him to hell might just be the final FU.

#33 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12511 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@herokiller12344 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@punyparker said:

This.

@darthfury78 said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Whoa, whoa. Let's not spark a debate or anything.

But you're proabbly right, I mean Marvel's been screwing with Pete for years. Sending him to hell might just be the final FU.

hopefully he'll be treated well

#34 Posted by PunyParker (8944 posts) - - Show Bio

When he will come back,it will be like in old situations......no money,everyone hates him.Hopefuly i'm wrong.

#35 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

That is what I fear for those that want Peter out of heaven without any memory of it. Back to status que of the writers making Peter suffer more problems without ever fixing them. He only morns about them. Does anybody really want that?

#36 Posted by PunyParker (8944 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

That is what I fear for those that want Peter out of heaven without any memory of it. Back to status que of the writers making Peter suffer more problems without ever fixing them. He only morns about them. Does anybody really want that?

Τhat was OMD and BND all about.....let's hope this is not the case....it seems that Ock is opening the "Parker Industries" .... let's see where it goes...

#37 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait didn't Peter died when he became spider and gave birth. It was said to be a reincarnation but still counts as a death. The death and the angel telling him his life sure got a paperwork nightmare.

#38 Posted by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

All dead characters retreat to Comic Book Limbo until their eventual return. Some believe it to be located somewhere in England.

#39 Edited by angelalfonso (953 posts) - - Show Bio

@hazlenaut:

Not sure if that one counts as dying, but I think that what happened after his fight with Morlmum does count as dying

@mezmero said:

All dead characters retreat to Comic Book Limbo until their eventual return. Some believe it to be located somewhere in England.

Really, I was told that it's in the middle of the Sonora desert

#40 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (7733 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezmero said:

Heh.

I think Peters somehow gonna come back due to the Cosmic and Totems of New Warriors

#41 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.